Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

26 minutes ago, iloveit said:

I so agree. How creepy is it to buy a swimsuit calendar? I don’t think fans like the ones here on this board who appreciate the hard work and talent of the cheerleaders are the ones buying the swimsuit calendar...I think it’s creepy dudes who feel comfortable hanging a calendar of nearly naked young women in their home or work space or something. No thank you.

That's exactly their demographic, or any demographic of anyone doing a swim calendar lol

• Love 1
18 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I did notice Khalyn was in last year's swimsuit calendar, but she was wearing the terrible one piece suit. UGH!!! Can they not find a decent one piece suit to put on the girls.

I have yet to see a one piece that I really love.  I think they had Madeline in one last year that was ok...but that was it.  Khalyn could have a potato sack on, however, and make it look good.  (Can you tell I really really like Khalyn??) 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Tootie said:

2014, 2015 and rookie year 2016.

Jessika 2014.jpg

Jessika 2015.png

Jessika 2016.png

I don't understand why Kelli loves her so much. She is just as boxy as Allie was and half as good a dancer. She looks much better as a brunette though.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 5/25/2018 at 6:52 PM, bigskygirl said:

A great picture of Khalyn

Not a bad picture of Christina

Khalyn looks stunning. Has there ever been an African American cover girl for the DCC Swimsuit Calendar or magazine? Years ago when Carissa was on the team there was a photo of her that was one of the best I'd ever seen - she was sitting on the edge of the pool with feet in the water, I think -and it didn't even make the calendar! I think, with all due respect, there needs to be additional "eyes" deciding the swimsuit calendar finalists. 

Edited by dancer88
additional comment
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, dancer88 said:

Khalyn looks stunning. Has there ever been an African American cover girl for the DCC Swimsuit Calendar or magazine? Years ago when Carissa was on the team there was a photo of her that was one of the best I'd ever seen - she was sitting on the edge of the pool with feet in the water, I think -and it didn't even make the calendar! I think, with all due respect, there needs to be additional "eyes" deciding the swimsuit calendar finalists. 

Carissa with the pretty eyes?

2 hours ago, dancer88 said:

tempDCC2014Swim_Carisa_1--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

• Love 12
On 5/31/2018 at 2:50 AM, cvogue said:

I've bought the sidelines calendar--thought it would be strange for a woman to buy the swimsuit calendar...

Didn't buy either for 2018 but might for 2019. ?

I got the sideline calendar free for buying 25 dollars of cowboys merch at JC Penney. I live in DFW area so it was a perk around last Christmas. I got it in frisco or allen, I don’t recall. I also didn’t get the swimsuit. I have mine up in my room. (It’s Kelsey this month!) I like looking at the mag, but probably won’t buy the calendar. The funny thing about this calendar is Erica is October. I’m female and straight, but can appreciate beautiful women, especially those that are years younger than me and healthy!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I got the sideline calendar free for buying 25 dollars of cowboys merch at JC Penney. I live in DFW area so it was a perk around last Christmas. I got it in frisco or allen, I don’t recall. I also didn’t get the swimsuit. I have mine up in my room. (It’s Kelsey this month!) I like looking at the mag, but probably won’t buy the calendar. The funny thing about this calendar is Erica is October. I’m female and straight, but can appreciate beautiful women, especially those that are years younger than me and healthy!

Me too. And I am not ashamed to say that my calendar may have been on June for the last 2 or 3 months ?

• Love 2
(edited)

People change and hopefully Gina learned some things after watching her edit last season.  No, she's not my favorite but I was impressed by some of her calendar shots and among these, I don't see a smirk or RBF.  Just my 2 duccats worth.  I'll exit stage left before any tomatoes are thrown.  I'm off to vote in my state's Primary!

p.s.:  I will admit she has an odd bellybutton.

ginaligi_33738025_161705134684208_1960755353486360576_n.jpg

ginaligi_33114264_172104406803196_1399187915677892608_n.jpg

ginaligi_28434497_470824696648669_8530963076118216704_n.jpg

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I'm starting to like Gina more. Wasn't a fan last season, and I don't think it was just bad editing. She did seem full of herself, but people can certainly change. 

I can't go that far yet - on liking her.  But I will definitely say I like her calendar pics, and she has certainly tightened up the body.  I mean it is hard to have a standout body in that group!!  And she does!

• Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, go4luca said:

People change and hopefully Gina learned some things after watching her edit last season.  No, she's not my favorite but I was impressed by some of her calendar shots and among these, I don't see a smirk or RBF.  Just my 2 duccats worth.  I'll exit stage left before any tomatoes are thrown.  I'm off to vote in my state's Primary!

LOL...I am not going to throw tomatoes!!! :)  I don't "dislike" her (just her facials) I don't know the young lady but she is a great dancer!  These are better pictures definitely....but she still has that squinty eyed look to me. I know what my opinion is worth :) that and 5$ buys my coffee.  Yay you for voting!  I like seeing all of the differing opinions on here...that's what makes this forum pretty cool.  Everyone has a different perspective on things and sees things a little differently.  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I'm thinking Gina is going to surprise a lot of people and work her way to the top.  Watch out Kashara!

wouldn't surprise me at all! Gina has had the spark with performance since the start.  Didn't she get to perform with the vets when they did that solo thing for Raelyn (?) - because Erica was injured I think they had Gina fill in.  she was the only rookie and you'd never have known it! 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

wouldn't surprise me at all! Gina has had the spark with performance since the start.  Didn't she get to perform with the vets when they did that solo thing for Raelyn (?) - because Erica was injured I think they had Gina fill in.  she was the only rookie and you'd never have known it! 

She made show group...so it would make sense that they'd use her :)   She's a great dancer!

• Love 2
On 6/5/2018 at 4:19 PM, go4luca said:

Again with the hems!! DCC should at least have a decent dry cleaner that can do it. Gina's dress looks like she has the hem tacked up with scotch tape. These girls really need help. I like Kashara but don't get me started with the giant wad of gum in her mouth.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

Would love to see a lot less make up on all the young ladies.  Especially when they are in rehearsals. That heavy make up ages all of them. 

Plus sweating with all that pore-clogging foundation on their faces isn't good for the skin.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Plus sweating with all that pore-clogging foundation on their faces isn't good for the skin.

Add in the tanning they also do. The girls are attractive in their own way. so I guess I do not understand the need for all the makeup and tanning.

21 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I'm thinking Gina is going to surprise a lot of people and work her way to the top.  Watch out Kashara!

Like in Showgirls? ?

I don’t get the hair & makeup done at all time either. I would do most practices undone, then maybe done once a week. They have pics of all these girls and imaginations. I was surprised that Molly had a ponytail last year when they did the cycling thing w/Melissa. 

• Love 1

I thought they had to be in full-face every practice.  I recall someone from a past season (she didn't make it) get chewed out because she came directly from work to uniform fittings, and she *gasp* didn't have her DCC hair & makeup done.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I thought they had to be in full-face every practice.  I recall someone from a past season (she didn't make it) get chewed out because she came directly from work to uniform fittings, and she *gasp* didn't have her DCC hair & makeup done.

Season 2. I can see her face, but I cannot remember her name. I think she was also late with her hair in a pony tail and no makeup on.

Edited by bigskygirl
10 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Season 2. I can see her face, but I cannot remember her name. I think she was also late with her hair in a pony tail and no makeup on.

I can't remember her name either but I think she was coming from her day job?

(edited)
58 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I don’t get the hair & makeup done at all time either. I would do most practices undone, then maybe done once a week. 

I think they look ridiculous rehearsing in full glam mode but I get why they have to do it. They have to be completely used to game day hair and makeup and wearing a tiny outfit with all their cleavage out so those things don't distract them at a real game. If they do it all the time, it becomes second nature. Just like they have to get used to the boots. (But I don't think they do boots all the time probably because they are loud or damaging on studio floors and make it harder to evaluate proper foot placement.)

I also recall Kelli saying that rehearsals are good practice for doing (and fixing) their hair and makeup on sweaty, hot game days. I think she said rehearsals show them how the hair moves and how the style stands up to hours of dancing so they can fix the cut if it doesn't work with the hairography. It's all part of identifying and tweaking each girl's best look before preseason starts.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Brittany D'Alesandro :) Has anyone else seen the promo Dallaswear just posted on instagram for Season 13? :)

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Brittany D'Alesandro :) Has anyone else seen the promo Dallaswear just posted on instagram for Season 13? :)

You beat me to it.  I also remember seeing her audition for season three but I don't think she made it past semis.  I don't remember seeing her in the solos.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Brittany Dellasandro. I doubt that’s spelled correctly.

18 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

You beat me to it.  I also remember seeing her audition for season three but I don't think she made it past semis.  I don't remember seeing her in the solos.

She did not make it past Semi-Finals in Season 3.

3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

She did not make it past Semi-Finals in Season 3.

She did audition for the DSIG in 2010 and made finals/TC but didn't make the team.

8 hours ago, go4luca said:

Looks like they're shooting another Cowboys Fit.  I spy Tasha, Savannah & Kashara.

Least fit of alllllll them 

On 6/8/2018 at 2:46 PM, ByTor said:

This is true so would love to know how certain vets are getting away with it...again LACK OF CONSISTANCE....Miranda thank you 

5 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I won’t be a bit suprised if Savannah makes show group this year, or if Lauren doesn’t. 

But why would she? She's the weakest vet (dance wise). I don't doubt she will considering the lack of upper vets and talent AND that Kelli absolutely loves her. But showgroup used to be full of amazing dancers and now...

• Love 2
7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I won’t be a bit suprised if Savannah makes show group this year, or if Lauren doesn’t. 

Why do you think Lauren might not make it back?

• Love 1

For whatever reason Lauren decided not to participate in the swim calendar. They may say it’s ok for now, but if she can’t or won’t fulfill all her duties like everyone else....I would not be surprised if she’s no longer a fave and this is her last year. 

Savannah they seem to adore for whatever reason, and we thought Tasha would be cut last year, but here she is on show group. Seriously, unless there are some amazing rookies, Savannah on show group won’t suprise me at all. Savannah is in shape, a token red head, and she can dance in her own, just struggles with a group. We’ll see, I guess. 

• Love 1

Normally, when someone is on show group, they make it back year after year. Regardless of how good the rookies perform. My hope for this year is that the best dancers make show group, without regard to tenure.

• Love 8
On 6/8/2018 at 3:46 PM, ByTor said:

Kelli, in one of the first TC meetings, (I can't remember the season) said they expect them to be "camera ready" at all times.  

16 hours ago, hypeman said:

Normally, when someone is on show group, they make it back year after year. Regardless of how good the rookies perform. My hope for this year is that the best dancers make show group, without regard to tenure.

I think Lauren is too strong as a dancer to not have her in SG and as you said, they normally make it back as long as they are on the squad unless they ask to not be considered.  We don't know why she didn't participate in the swimsuit photoshoot...all we have is speculation and rumor, so until it comes out of someone's mouth who knows for certain, I withhold any judgement :) 

18 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

For whatever reason Lauren decided not to participate in the swim calendar. They may say it’s ok for now, but if she can’t or won’t fulfill all her duties like everyone else....I would not be surprised if she’s no longer a fave and this is her last year. 

Savannah they seem to adore for whatever reason, and we thought Tasha would be cut last year, but here she is on show group. Seriously, unless there are some amazing rookies, Savannah on show group won’t suprise me at all. Savannah is in shape, a token red head, and she can dance in her own, just struggles with a group. We’ll see, I guess. 

I was really surprised with the decision to add Tasha to show group.  She's always been a middle of the road performer, in my opinion.  Nothing flashy or charismatic as a dancer, but she is gorgeous...so maybe I shouldn't have been too surprised :) 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I think Lauren is too strong as a dancer to not have her in SG

TBH I think they were too quick to put her on SG last year, IMO she's technically good but middle of the road at DCC style, so it wouldn't be shocking to me if she didn't make it back.

• Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

TBH I think they were too quick to put her on SG last year, IMO she's technically good but middle of the road at DCC style, so it wouldn't be shocking to me if she didn't make it back.

And I'm the opposite...lol.  From the snippets from last year, I thought she was an obvious choice as a rookie candidate on SG. :)  and I will be surprised if she doesn't make it back.  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 4