Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

I thought it would be great to have one thread for all the videos so as this forum grows, we can find them all in one place without having to sort through old posts.

I'm starting us off with the DCC performance in the 1988 Jerry Lewis Muscular Dystrophy telethon. To me, it puts the entire purpose and experience of being a DCC in context. Every time someone on the tv show goes on about how meaningful and important and life-changing it is to be a DCC, I think about this video and laugh my ass off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19OLOsj2RBk

• Love 1

I think this was Kelli's last year as a DCC. The dancing is bad IMO but I do like the ending when they break down into the same pose as the 1988 squad photo.

There's another show group video out there from the 80s with Kelli in it. She even speaks at the beginning before they dance . It has to be anywhere from 1984-1988 when she as a DCC. Isn't there another telethon video where Judy actually puts on the uniform and dances?

Edited by MrsEVH

Six of the girls retiring are shown in the video

Video of Spirit Competition show group performance   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbEFXCtbySA   

Video of the swimsuit fashion show in Mexico    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMbAJpcq8h0    Who picks out the swimsuit for the girls and in my opinion, the girls look cheap and tacky in the swimsuits and high boots.  So much for the girl next door look.  What are Kelli and Judy thinking?

I enjoyed watching that clip - that was a great rookie class.    That is what is missing from the newer shows, getting to know a lot of the rookies and rooting for them.

I was surprised to see they were in Mexico for about 10 days, that's a long time for those who have jobs.

The DCC have a new sponsor. Belk teams up with Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders on three-year deal

Two things jumped out at me: "The deal includes endorsements, appearances and co-branded marketing initiatives." and "The retailer will provide the wardrobe for Kelli Finglass, director of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, and Judy Trammell, choreographer."

Once again, the cheerleaders image will be used extensively as a sales and marketing tool. The Cowboys will get money. Kelli and Judy will get some free clothes. The cheerleaders will do a lot of modeling for Belk for free. It's all part of the "honor" of being a DCC.

What a crock. The football players would never do this kind of promotion without a healthy pay check. But maybe it's not fair to compare the cheerleaders tothe football team. So lets compare them to "real" models. Real models do work for free at times, to build up their book. The experience adds to their modeling resume. But the DCC wouldn't be allowed to use the Belk images for their resumes, and none of them are allowed to model professionally anyway. Would real models do an extensive campaign like this one for free? I don't know much about the modeling industry, but I don't think so. Yet the DCC are expected to do this work for free. Or maybe in exchange for an over priced shirt and some leggings? It's a "perk." Isn't that the argument? It's so great being a DCC because you get so many perks. I don't know one person who wouldn't rather have cold hard cash than a free outfit or hair removal services.

• Love 1

It should not matter if you get paid.  It is just an honor to wear the uniform and being the girl next door role model for millions of little girls and women.  *Sarcasm speaking here*

(edited)

They seriously need to cut back on the spray tan.

It looks like there was some body oil used as well. It's just too much...of everything. It diminishes their beauty instead of enhancing it.

For a blast from the past, the entire 1979 DCC movie is available now on youtube

8 seconds in and the girl on the right almost falls over. Why didn't they reshoot that?

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1

I agree about the spray tans. I get that the DCC are supposed to be appearance perfect 24/7/365, but I've seen a LOT of pics the last few months where they've gone too far. When the first thing a fan thinks when they see a DCC in person is "Wow she's *really* tan", rather than what a sweet, intelligent, gorgeous woman she is, the spray gun needs to be put on a shelf for awhile.

• Love 1

Kelli got on Kaitlyn's case about tanning the day before photo shoot so I wonder what she is thinking when she saw the above picture.  The girls look plastic, and I can imagine what damage it does to the skin.

According to DCC Facebook page, Samantha made the swimsuit issue cover.  I think she looks really fantastic.  I guess that means the issue is out or coming soon.

• Love 1

The swimsuit issue is meh. Some good photos but a lot of boring shots. Kelli and Judy: I love you both but you need better lighting and a better editing eye when choosing what goes in these issues.

• Love 2

I thought it would be great to have one thread for all the videos so as this forum grows, we can find them all in one place without having to sort through old posts.

I'm starting us off with the DCC performance in the 1988 Jerry Lewis Muscular Dystrophy telethon. To me, it puts the entire purpose and experience of being a DCC in context. Every time someone on the tv show goes on about how meaningful and important and life-changing it is to be a DCC, I think about this video and laugh my ass off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19OLOsj2RBk

That video is horrible

With you on that DCCFAN71

I had the pleasure of meeting Jenne Lene, Jennifer Kathryne, Ashley Nicole and Jacie Veronica this week at the Senators game in Harrisburg.  Twelve of the DCC's came to PA for the game, I think they do it every year. I got my photo taken with them and autographs - very sweet, down to earth girls. I had a wonderful time!

(edited)

Video of a girl trying out for the team from 2013? auditions    

The blonde girl at 3:04 and 3:29 looks like Rachel, a former AA ice angel and current Houston Texans cheerleader. I wonder if she tried out for the DCC first and then went to the Texans

Edited by MrsEVH
(edited)

The blonde girl at 3:04 and 3:29 looks like Rachel, a former AA ice angel and current Houston Texans cheerleader. I wonder if she tried out for the DCC first and then went to the Texans

I knew I recognized her, but I couldn't put my finger on why.

Edited by Oranaiche

Let's face it people, as obsessed as I am with this organization, there are definite cheese moments with this group. Have you ever watched the girls dance to Christmas songs? Wow. It's pretty bad. Cute outfits though.

The size of the pom poms back in the day adds to ridiculousness of that routine. Thanks for posting bigskygirl!