Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

56 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Im going to sound harsh, but Madeleine at the one of the most prominent spots? And Kelli isnt the most photogenic either. If Lacey and Jinelle leave as well... it's not going to be pretty.

Agreed, and I don’t get the sense that K&J love Jinelle’s look either. It’s why I think that if Stephanie and Tasha come back, they’re bound to be in prominent spots. 

• Love 3

Sorry but I do not believe 400+ girls audition last year for the team. I say between 100 and 200 girls probably showed up at prelims. I wonder if they are counted the girls who filled out applications but did not show up.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Sorry but I do not believe 400+ girls audition last year for the team. I say between 100 and 200 girls probably showed up at prelims. I wonder if they are counted the girls who filled out applications but did not show up.

I’ve heard this number used for several years. However, Kristi Scales is one of the most credible writers, especially for the Dallas Cowboys, if she says they auditioned I believe it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Five Point Blue: Back to the Basics Podcast with Robin and Christina:

http://www.5pointsblue.com/back-to-the-basics-podcast-ep-21/

Btw Robin, it is they want me to do well, not they want me to do good. Sorry one of my biggest pet peeve is when someone does not know the difference between good and well.

31 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I’ve heard this number used for several years. However, Kristi Scales is one of the most credible writers, especially for the Dallas Cowboys, if she says they auditioned I believe it.

Looking at the camera shots of the girls when Kelli is talking with them before Prelims started last year I would say there were not 400 girls auditioning at Prelims. Not surprised Simone is leaving.

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Tasha’s returning, Simone is not. 

Not to be mean, but that news doesn't make me sad, Simone was always kind of "blah" to me.

Glad, and admittedly surprised, about Tasha, though.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 8

Updated list... we're just waiting on Jinelle, Lacey, Bess, Stephanie, Yuko, Kelsey, & Madeline.

1. Jenna (GL, 6 yr)
2. Jinelle (GL, 5 yr)
3. Lacey (GL, 4 yr)
4. Kashara (GL, 3 yr) ✔️
5. Amy L (2GL, 3 yr) ✔️
6. Bess (2GL, 3 yr)
7. Robin (2GL, 3 yr)
8. Heather O (2 GL, 2 yr) ✔️

9. Simone (3 yr)
10. Chantel (3 yr) ✔️
11. Stephanie (3 yr)

12. Maggie (2 yr)
13. Selina (2 yr) ✔️
14. Yuko (2 yr)
15. Kelli (2 yr) ✔️
16. Jessika (2 yr) ✔️
17. Kelsey (2 yr)
18. Tess (2 yr) ✔️
19. Tasha (2 yr) ✔️
20. Khalyn (2 yr) ✔️
21. Cersten (2 yr)
22. Madeline (2 yr)
23. Milan (2 yr)

24. Tara (R) ✔️
25. Savannah (R) ✔️
26. Rachel (R) ✔️
27. Molly (R) ✔️
28. Miranda (R) ✔️
29. Lexie (R) ✔️
30. Lauren (R) ✔️
31. Keyra (R) ✔️
32. Gina (R) ✔️
33. Christina (R) ✔️
34. Alexis (R) ✔️
35. Kalyssa (R)

I just had a feeling Simone was ready to move on, plus her tendinitis in the shoulder has to still bother her at times?? 

I have been team tasha since her first year so i'm pumped she'd returning! i hope they move her up in the triangle. 

• Love 1
(edited)

When did Chantel, Selina and Khalyn say they will try out again? I thought only two three year vets were trying out again. Tasha needs to brush up on her interview skills and make sure she keeps her weight in check because she could be on the cut bubble if one or both are off again. Selina is a blender, so if her weight problem is not taken care of, she probably will be cut.

Edited by bigskygirl
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

When did Chantel, Selina and Khalyn say they will try out again? I thought only two three year vets were trying out again. Tasha needs to brush up on her interview skills and make sure she keeps her weight in check because she could be on the cut bubble if one or both are off again. Selina is a blender, so if her weight problem is not taken care of, she probably will be cut.

Selina announced it when she was on the pod cast and chantle hasn’t said and neither has khalyn 

5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I think a poster asked Khalyn on social media, and she confirmed that she was returning. 

Also Chantel posted on her Instagram story that she's returning

• Love 2

I hope Lacey and/or Jinelle decide to try out again because the only decent leadership or being able to step up in a leadership role in my opinion are Heather, KaShara, Amy, Lacey and Jinelle. The rest of the team seems blah to me. Going to be interesting to see the possible TC Candidates because the rookie teams since Season 6 and especially since Season 8 have been lacking with true DCC talent (few and far half way decent whole package DCCs.)

13 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I hope Lacey and/or Jinelle decide to try out again because the only decent leadership or being able to step up in a leadership role in my opinion are Heather, KaShara, Amy, Lacey and Jinelle. The rest of the team seems blah to me

Chantel has several years of experience, so I can see her having leadership qualities.  I can also see Tasha, possibly Kelli.  Assuming Jinelle and Lacey go, that would make it 6 (in no particular GL-2nd GL order) Heather, Kashara, Amy, Chantel, Tasha, Kelli.  Maybe the final 2 would be Madeline (she has been teaching classes) and Stephanie, assuming they are both returning; if they are not, then I have no idea for final 2.

• Love 4
(edited)

Several years experience does not equal good leadership skills. Madeline may teach classes, but after looking at her dancing in some of the class videos, she does not stand out to me as a strong leader on and off the field. A good leader needs to be strong on and off the field and be an excellent role model to their group. I can see possibly Tasha since it seems Kelli and Charlotte seem to like her aka bringing her back after her bad interview and weight gain when most of the judges did not care for her. Kelli is quiet, but she does she seem to have a spark the other girls seem to respond to. If Chantel had the leadership ability, she would have been chosen to be the assistant group leader over a two year girl Heather when KaShara was made group leader over Erica.

Edited by bigskygirl
11 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Several years experience does not equal good leadership skills. Madeline may teach classes, but after looking at her dancing in some of the class videos, she does not stand out to me as a strong leader on and off the field. A good leader needs to be strong on and off the field and be an excellent role model to their group. I can see possibly Tasha since it seems Kelli and Charlotte seem to like her aka bringing her back after her bad interview and weight gain when most of the judges did not care for her. Kelli is quiet, but she does she seem to have a spark the other girls seem to respond to. If Chantel had the leadership ability, she would have been chosen to be the assistant group leader over a two year girl Heather when KaShara was made group leader over Erica.

They were in different groups though if I do recall. Honestly 2GL isn’t that much to fuss over a 2 year getting it over a 3 year when you don’t have many senior vets to begin with. 

1 hour ago, dccfan204 said:

Updated list... we're just waiting on Jinelle, Lacey, Bess, Stephanie, Yuko, Kelsey, & Madeline.

1. Jenna (GL, 6 yr)
2. Jinelle (GL, 5 yr)
3. Lacey (GL, 4 yr)
4. Kashara (GL, 3 yr) ✔️
5. Amy L (2GL, 3 yr) ✔️
6. Bess (2GL, 3 yr)
7. Robin (2GL, 3 yr)
8. Heather O (2 GL, 2 yr) ✔️

9. Simone (3 yr)
10. Chantel (3 yr) ✔️
11. Stephanie (3 yr)

12. Maggie (2 yr)
13. Selina (2 yr) ✔️
14. Yuko (2 yr)
15. Kelli (2 yr) ✔️
16. Jessika (2 yr) ✔️
17. Kelsey (2 yr)
18. Tess (2 yr) ✔️
19. Tasha (2 yr) ✔️
20. Khalyn (2 yr) ✔️
21. Cersten (2 yr)
22. Madeline (2 yr)
23. Milan (2 yr)

24. Tara (R) ✔️
25. Savannah (R) ✔️
26. Rachel (R) ✔️
27. Molly (R) ✔️
28. Miranda (R) ✔️
29. Lexie (R) ✔️
30. Lauren (R) ✔️
31. Keyra (R) ✔️
32. Gina (R) ✔️
33. Christina (R) ✔️
34. Alexis (R) ✔️
35. Kalyssa (R)

I think jinelle and lacy will both come back 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I think jinelle and lacy will both come back 

Also Maddie, can’t see her quitting this early. Any hints as to what her decision might be? She’s staying in Texas it looks like, I’d imagine she’d move back home with being so young still if she didn’t come back. 

18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If Chantel had the leadership ability, she would have been chosen to be the assistant group leader over a two year girl Heather when KaShara was made group leader over Erica.

I think that’s unfair. I don’t know if Chantal is a great leader or not, but i don’t think the fact that she wasn’t chosen automatically means that she isn’t. It presumes that Kelli and Judy are the true barometers of leadership, and yet, they are the ones who initially made Erica the group leader in the first place. Assuming that the reports are true, Erica didn’t do much with the group while she was the leader. Beyond that though, it’s possible that Chantal had a job that didn’t allow for the additional commitment, or that K&J simply thought that her personality style wouldn’t mesh well with Kashara’s at that Heather’s would. I think there could be a multitude of reasons why she wasn’t made group leader beyond her not having leadership skills.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Also Maddie, can’t see her quitting this early. Any hints as to what her decision might be? She’s staying in Texas it looks like, I’d imagine she’d move back home with being so young still if she didn’t come back. 

No hints yet on Maddie 

14 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I would be surprised to see Maddie quit. Very surprised. Other than Maggie, none of the retirements have been surprising to me. It also wouldn’t surprise me if Lacey retires and Jinelle returns. 

A 2ND leader needs to be able to step up in case the 1st leader is injured, leaves the team, or is stripped of her leadership. I also bet Kelli and Judy do not look at the fact a girl was on another dance team like the Mavericks when they look at who they want for 1st or 2nd leader. It is about who will make the best 1st and 2nd leader for the DCC. Judy and especially Kelli make the final decisions on leadership. We may or may not agree with them, but it is what it is.

(edited)
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Several years experience does not equal good leadership skills.

I didn't say several years of experience equals good leadership skills, I said with her experience I could see her having good leadership skills, not that those skills are guaranteed.

Madeline may teach classes, but after looking at her dancing in some of the class videos, she does not stand out to me as a strong leader on and off the field.

Again, I didn't mean to imply teaching classes means you have strong leadership skills, but it does show she can at least "lead" a class & she does seem to be a decent teacher.

If Chantel had the leadership ability, she would have been chosen to be the assistant group leader over a two year girl Heather

Maybe Heather does have better leadership skills, but perhaps in my scenario Chantel would be a 2nd this year; IMO there was better competition as to who the leaders could have been last year.

The whole point of my suggestions is who the GLs/2nds could be if both Jinelle and Lacey retire.  Looking at who would be left, I don't see many other viable options.  Who would you suggest, Yuko? :)  If Jinelle and/or Lacey stay,  the squad should be in better leadership shape.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Judy and especially Kelli make the final decisions on leadership. We may or may not agree with them, but it is what it is.

Very true

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 7

If a girl is not a half way decent dancer when she is leading a class, she might not make a decent group leader. It takes more than being ask to help teach a dance to lead your group on and off the field. The problem is the squad is losing more and more of their better overall dancers every year. The only ones I can see stepping up to be true group leaders are KaShara, Amy, Heather, Kelli and Tasha (and no I am not a fan of Tasha.) Judy and Kelli better hope Lacey and/or Jinelle decides to stay because the team will not be strong for a third year in a roll.

A 2ND leader needs to be able to step up in case the 1st leader is injured, leaves the team, or is stripped of her leadership. I also bet Kelli and Judy do not look at the fact a girl was on another dance team like the Mavericks when they look at who they want for 1st or 2nd leader. It is about who will make the best 1st and 2nd leader for the DCC. Judy and especially Kelli make the final decisions on leadership. We may or may not agree with them, but it is what it is.

1. Duh

2. She meant she was a team leader on Mavericks. Of course they consider what previous teams they’re in, NFL or otherwise. Experience is experience, but I don’t know why you’re harping on this so much when they weren’t even in the same group so Chantel couldn’t have been her second. 

• Love 2

Judy and especially Kelli make the final decisions on leadership. We may or may not agree with them, but it is what it is.

Of course they make the final decision on who will be the group leaders. It doesn't mean that they always make the right decision (to think that they do, one would have to agree that Erica had the needed leadership skills because they picked her), or that a different decision wouldn't yield similar results. My only point was that just because they didn't pick Chantal, that doesn't automatically mean that she has no leadership skills (I'm not suggesting that she is a great leader either - I have no idea). There could be lots of reasons for why they picked Heather. 

Jenn K. jumped Jenna, Danielle, Jessica, etc to be a group leader, yet they all ended up being group leaders the following year. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Kelli and Judy know a lot more about what is going on behind the scenes than the posters on here except of course Shelly. A few people said Erica was not a strong group leader, but some people said the same thing about Jacie. Some people may say Jenna was not a strong leader because of the rumors floating around she ratted out Erica to Kelli in order to stay on the team and broke the rules over and over again. They had their reasons for not picking Chantal. And yes, Jenn K. was asked to be a group leader over Danielle, Jessica, and Jenna, but the three of them were assistant group leaders their fourth year, so they must have had some qualities Judy and Kelli were looking for.

Edited by bigskygirl
8 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

If a girl is not a half way decent dancer when she is leading a class, she might not make a decent group leader.

You didn't name names, but I'll assume you're talking about Madeline.  LOL she's not a halfway decent dancer?  We all have our ranking of favorites to least favorites, but every single one of them are at the very least good dancers.  Not all are the best, but they're all talented.  Regardless, she might not, she might.  You said it yourself:

Kelli and Judy know a lot more about what is going on behind the scenes than the posters on here except of course Shelly.

The only ones I can see stepping up to be true group leaders are KaShara, Amy, Heather, Kelli and Tasha

They need 8.  Who would you suggest would be the final 3?

All I tried to do was play a fun little guessing game of who GLs could potentially be, I had no idea that little game would be picked apart so much.

• Love 18
(edited)

I remember this season when Lauren couldn’t do some sort of hip roll, they asked Maddie to get up and demonstrate. Now I know this is a random isolated scene, but I feel like they wouldn’t have asked Maddie if they didn’t think she had the right DCC style or if they didn’t trust her technique or teaching style. She has also made Showgroup both years she’s made the team. So from this completely unscientific, non insider knowledge, I’m going to guess that Maddie could be a Group Leader next year - a 2GL but a group leader no less. 

Edited by Stee
  • Love 6

Maddie may not be the greatest at DCC style, but she's a great dancer at her type of style which is hip hop. Now some of the dances she's taught aren't the best choreography, we can all agree on that, but she does put her all into teaching which would make her a great 2nd.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Maddie may not be the greatest at DCC style, but she's a great dancer at her type of style which is hip hop.

LOL it's funny how different our perceptions are, I personally think hip hop is the one style Maddie isn't strong in :)

• Love 3
Just now, ByTor said:

LOL it's funny how different our perceptions are, I personally think hip hop is the one style Maddie isn't strong in :)

I love how everyone's opinion on dancing is different, that's why DWTS is always fun to watch with friends lol

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Stee said:

I remember this season when Lauren couldn’t do some sort of hip roll, they asked Maddie to get up and demonstrate. Now I know this is a random isolated scene, but I feel like they wouldn’t have asked Maddie if they didn’t think she had the right DCC style or if they didn’t trust her technique or teaching style. She has also made Showgroup both years she’s made the team. So from this completely unscientific, non insider knowledge, I’m going to guess that Maddie could be a Group Leader next year - a 2GL but a group leader no less. 

I also think she was a perfect person to showcase a move that has to be sexy but not too sexy, if that makes sense.

• Love 5

Is everyone just assuming that Bess will retire (given that she seems to be dealing with an injury at the moment, it’s not a bad assumption)? I think she will be at least a 2GL again if not a 1GL if she returns. In terms of look, I could also see them putting her further up in the triangle before Amy or Kelli.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Is everyone just assuming that Bess will retire

In my GL scenario, yes, I was assuming Bess would be retiring.  If not, I'd put her above Madeline and Kelli.  Bess was already a GL this past year, correct?

• Love 1

This birthday post for Lacey makes it sound like one or both of them is leaving! :( "Grateful for 4 years of twinning and laughter...". I really hope I'm wrong though and both Lacey and Jinelle come back as all of these retirement announcements are making me sad! :(

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

This birthday post for Lacey makes it sound like one or both of them is leaving! :( "Grateful for 4 years of twinning and laughter...". I really hope I'm wrong though and both Lacey and Jinelle come back as all of these retirement announcements are making me sad! :(

I don’t think so! She said she’s grateful for four years with Lacey but she “can’t imagine this DCC adventure without her.” Makes it seem like she’s staying 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Just ask her in instagram.   you don't know her so who cares

I'd rather hear her answer it on the podcast, but thank you. Also, I care..as I'm sure a few others. Because nosey. ;-)

• Love 1
(edited)

Looking at the current pyramid, Jinelle or Maddie would be behind kashara next to Lacey if you removed all the girls who are leaving. I would personally favour Jinelle there as she has a similar look to Lacey and will be a 6 year vet so would be nice to see her recognised more. If she can dance point of her group, she can dance second line in the full squad pyramid 

Edited by Katherine1904
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:
22 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Just ask her in instagram.   you don't know her so who cares

I'd rather hear her answer it on the podcast, but thank you. Also, I care..as I'm sure a few others. Because nosey. ;-)

I think the "who cares" was about you personally asking...as in who cares if you ask, you don't know each other so no harm no foul.  And because we all care...in addition to also being nosy :)

6 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

I would personally favour Jinelle there as she has a similar look to Lacey

Wouldn't that work against her, though?

Edited by ByTor