Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, beachespeaches said:

I'm convinced now more than ever she only made the team because Kelli sees her and Tara as Jasmine and Danielle 2.0. 

But why? Were Jasmine and Danielle 1.0 really that great? ? I do love Danielle, though. Not Jasmine. 

Edit:  DCC Jasmine was fine. Bachelor in Paradise Jasmine was not cool.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, cgloss said:

I really like Robin. I do ... but this sentence right here from her article on the Abbey Bear ...

... has me rolling on the floor.

Link to story: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/11/29/dcc-robin-abbey-bear-thunder-struck-mascot?sf174783361=1

Honest question: have any (self-proclaimed) atheists/agnostics/non-Christians made this team in its whole history? Because when I look at the girls' profiles it's always "God, Family, Self" or something like that. I mean, I don't have a problem with religion but when it's that public and obvious (like when Kelli led a prayer with the whole team before an event) I'm just like....gee, this must be awkward for girls of other religions/no religion. :/

Edited by Acromantula
added a word
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Acromantula said:

Honest question: have any (self-proclaimed) atheists/agnostics/non-Christians made this team in its whole history? Because when I look at the girls' profiles it's always "God, Family, Self" or something like that. I mean, I don't have a problem with religion but when it's that public and obvious (like when Kelli led a prayer with the whole team before an event) I'm just like....gee, this must be awkward for girls of other religions/no religion. :/

I’ve wondered this myself. Especially in cases where she’s bringing a preacher to practice - would they think anything of a girl who left the room from being uncomfortable? 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Savannah's hair color is awful....orange with yellow stripes. Halloween was almost six weeks ago. And, Robin? It is just a stuffed animal to the rest of is, not a deity with all of this meaning. 

Looks like she was blonde when she was on the Jets Flight Crew

BioCard_Savannah.jpg

• Love 3
5 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I love Kashara....and I'm in the minority because I love this routine. But they all look sloppy and out of sync here.

Agreed, and I’m a bit surprised because the Hand Clap routine is one that the team usually performs well. Although Group 3 group also looked sloppy in it during the plaza performance, but i chalked that up to the floor being slick (maybe I shouldn’t have).

Random, but I think I’ve figured out why my opinion of Kashara’s dancing goes back and forth so much. Now I’m not someone who thinks she gets outdanced by everyone or is weak. I think she’s usually great, just not the best. However my opinion really depends on whether it’s a closeup or a wide shot as to how I feel about her (just referring to dancing, not her as a person). When it’s closeup and you can see her cute facials, I find her to be an incredibly fun and engaging dancer. I imagine that she translates very well on the big screen at the games. However, on the video posted above and others like it where it’s just a wide shot of the group, she blends, and I don’t see anything special. Anyway, just an observation, but I can’t think of anyone else who I have such a varying opinion based all on the camera shot.

• Love 7
On 11/27/2017 at 6:17 PM, bigskygirl said:

In my opinion, they could cut up to 3/4 of the girls, and the squad would not come close to the squads of the early years when the show first started. I usually like the majority of the girls or give them the benefit of the doubt, but the last two years have been bad squad quality wise.

this 100%

• Love 2
On 11/30/2017 at 9:34 PM, Tootie said:

@ShellyB  I see that Cersten is the game day girl for tonight. I was wondering who was game day girl for the Thanksgiving game...  Thanks!

I don’t remember. There is more energy and activity going onThanksgiving Day in the locker room. I remember Chantel being announced at the Philly game, but I’m drawing a blank on Thanksgiving. 

8 hours ago, LynneH said:

and yet I saw it totally opposite.  IMO Lacey's group was so much better than the second group (Jenna's) because Lacey's was more in sync than Jenna's.   Yes Jenna's group had more "action" but all of that "extra" action make them look more out of sync.  again my opinion.

I agree actually. The girls on her team are the best and they're all bringing something extra...to the point of making it a competition and not being a bit out of sync. Imo for all the planning that goes into balancinh the groups, they did a terrible job this year. You can't have all the 'extra' dancers in one group, all the boring/blenders in another and then a full group of blenders,strugglers and two amazing leaders.

12 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

But why? Were Jasmine and Danielle 1.0 really that great? ? I do love Danielle, though. Not Jasmine. 

Danielle bug me her first two years on the squad, but I like her now. I could never get the Jasmine appeal factor. I do not think she was DCC material.

11 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I’ve wondered this myself. Especially in cases where she’s bringing a preacher to practice - would they think anything of a girl who left the room from being uncomfortable? 

@ShellyB probably won't answer this ? But I have to ask it ?

13 hours ago, Acromantula said:

20 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

I like both Danielle and pre-bachelor Jasmine (though I think Danielle is overrated) but Kelli seemed to just love Danielle and I think they like the two bffs moving from one pro team to another story line. 

Savannah's hair looks better in that JFC picture. Maybe her just doesn't hold red well. 

On 12/1/2017 at 8:14 AM, DCCFanInKy said:

OK help a girl out here....what song is this??? All I can tell is it's Prince??

I love this song and choreography.  Whoever said group 1 had sass is exactly right.  And that's what you need for "Baby I'm A Star".  Everyone looked great.  Keyra was the weak link to me.  Good, but not great IMO.  She needs to get the firecracker back, CONSISTENTLY.

I was actively trying to look at the others, but was always brought back to Jenna.  She's got the pop and is extra.  K and J say EVERY episode they want power, projection, and for you to grab their attention. She makes you watch her IMO.  She may be an entitled bitch in real life.  I have no idea because I don't know her (and neither do you).  But she brings it.  I've never seen her look bad.

I was also impressed with Maddie. I finally saw what all the hype was about.  I've officially joined team Maddie.

Amy and Stephanie were also great.

I really don't know how anyone can say Lacey's group was better when the conversation started off with "was the floor slippery?" because half the group looks like they are about to fall over. I'm talking about the Plaza performance vs, the above dance,

I think the Jenna hate runs deep, and influences a lot of the comments on here.  Jenna could save a child from a burning building, and someone would say she's just showing off.

Edited by hypeman
  • Love 10
On 12/1/2017 at 3:14 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

OK help a girl out here....what song is this??? All I can tell is it's Prince??

I really like this Choreography it's overly complicated with the constant traveling in a their new routines lately. But it's still energetic and sassy. 

P.S Traveling is dancing term for moving around

All the new routines seem to have a lot of formations and lines changing. I am not really complaining it doesn't have every single routine.    

• Love 2

If Jenna saved a child from a burning building, I would be impressed and say way to go Jenna. There is something about her that rubs me the wrong way. She is not the first current or former DCC who rubs me the wrong way. I also cannot expect everyone to like every girl who tries out or makes the team. We have variety when it comes to the girls, so we all have the chance to like or even dislike. I see nothing wrong with it and understand not every poster will agree with me. It is a part of life. With that being said, I may not be team Jenna, but I do wish her the best.

Is this correct? When they're in their groups of four and a song comes on, the group leader chooses whatever dance she thinks goes with the music? 

1 hour ago, hypeman said:

I think the Jenna hate runs deep, and influences a lot of the comments on here.  Jenna could save a child from a burning building, and someone would say she's just showing off.

?? Sounds about right.

She really is annoying though. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, woodscommaelle said:

Is this correct? When they're in their groups of four and a song comes on, the group leader chooses whatever dance she thinks goes with the music? 

Yes, but only during the sideline dances.  Quarter changes and touch down are planned ahead.  It's based on the tempo of the song,  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• Love 6

I do remember in Season 7 one of the rookies got called out by Kelli and Judy for not dancing right when her group leader started dancing when a song started playing. I believe it was Olivia and Sydney was her group leader. Olivia said she started dancing her way because Sydney was not going the right dance steps or something close to it. Kelli and Judy said it did not matter because you are suppose to follow your group leader. I think someone also said at one game a song started playing and group leader Jennifer was the only one who had group dancing/performing. I bet if this did happen Kelli and Judy were mad because they always say the girls are dancing/performing at all times during the game. I am not buying the girls are dancing the whole time because I have seen pictures of girls watching the game and/or just standing around.

14 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

. . . I think someone also said at one game a song started playing and group leader Jennifer was the only one who had group dancing/performing. I bet if this did happen Kelli and Judy were mad because they always say the girls are dancing/performing at all times during the game. I am not buying the girls are dancing the whole time because I have seen pictures of girls watching the game and/or just standing around.

They shouldn't be dancing when the teams are actually playing. Time outs, replays, other lulls in the game -- yes, but not during actual plays. That would be a huge distraction (and no music during actual plays? -- haven't been to a football game in eons). People are there to watch football; cheerleaders are there to fill in the gaps between plays.

• Love 1

I thought Kelli said they play a certain number of songs during each game, and once the song starts playing the girls are suppose to start dancing. Kelli has said the girls dance/perform the four and a half hours of the game. I think it might have been Jenna who said one time she was too busy watching the game when her group was starting to perform, or Judy and Kelli go around to make sure the girls are not standing around and watching the game a lot.

Edited by bigskygirl
20 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I thought Kelli said they play a certain number of songs during each game, and once the song starts playing the girls are suppose to start dancing. Kelli has said the girls dance/perform the four and a half hours of the game. I think it might have been Jenna who said one time she was too busy watching the game when her group was starting to perform, or Judy and Kelli go around to make sure the girls are not standing around and watching the game a lot.

I guess the question is when the music plays and what constitutes "standing around" @ShellyB? I can't imagine they'd be playing too much music during actual plays. Maybe they're supposed to be doing "cheer" stuff (like shaking their poms while standing there and jumping/doing kicks when Cowboys do something good) during actual plays?

47 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Obviously they're not dancing for four and a half hours straight, and if music isn't playing then they're likely watching the game or interacting with the crowd. 

• Love 1

I went to a game a few years ago, when Holly P, Megan, Amy T, Simone were rookies. They mostly dance during breaks in the plays, and many times, it was only for a small snippet of the song. Jennifer, Jacie, Holly, and Angela (I believe) were the four group leaders IIRC. Jennifer's group danced the most. She would start a dance almost immediately when a song started playing. Jacie's group danced the least, which surprised me. There were a few times that the song went off before she started a dance. Not sure if that was an accurate representation because it was only one game, but that is what I noticed when I was there. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I do remember in Season 7 one of the rookies got called out by Kelli and Judy for not dancing right when her group leader started dancing when a song started playing.

Yeah that was my next question:  when the leader starts, isn't there going to be a second or two that she's the only one dancing bc no one knows what routine she's going to choose.  Or is it such a minimal amount of time no one really notices?

22 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Yeah that was my next question:  when the leader starts, isn't there going to be a second or two that she's the only one dancing bc no one knows what routine she's going to choose.  Or is it such a minimal amount of time no one really notices?

Yes there’s a second where she’s the only one dancing. The part of the finale episode this year where they had the leader pick the dance and then the other girls had to pick it up quickly is basically how I remember it during the game.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Yes, She also has to count them to stop before the song changes. Actually there was a recent insta story vid when kashara didn't count them right and they started dancing into the Ad playing after the song.

33 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

When start dancing they usually count the first 4 counts out loud to get the other attention. 

• Love 1

Yes, they are traveling around the country. Montana was there first stop (Air Force Base in Great Falls.) I often wonder how the girls get time off from their employers or attend school. They must have very understanding employers, co-workers, and instructors.

On 12/2/2017 at 9:14 AM, mmm said:

@ShellyB probably won't answer this ? But I have to ask it ?

Jinelle is Jewish and shares her faith with the team. Maddie & Tasha are both Mormon and share their backgrounds as well. Not every DCC is overtly religious, as some of their faith journeys are personal. Kelli having her preacher come speak to the girls was more about her respect for him and what she has learned from him. Also, I only notice their bios mentioning religion on their Insta pages, which are under their control. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Anybody remember that prep class video with Michelle Keys to "Low" (Apple Bottom Jeans song)? Looking for a link and can't find it. HELP, PLEASE!

Edited by RhiRhi
  • Love 1

I think Jenna had to rein in her ego big time, and that has to hurt. She comes from a huge dance legacy and she’s very good at what she does anyways. She knows this, and I think that confidence comes across as entitled. This is just my interpretation and trying to read between the editing. I liked her a lot until this season—and she seemed very immature about the whole thing, but again, I get that it was probably not shown to us in full AND I get she was hurt from her own actions. Despite her slightly annoying me this past season, she is the best one there. She is. Hands down. She is extra in all the right ways and she’s pleasant to watch. I’m a fan of her dance and I do hope she grows from all of this. I’m sure if she didn’t, she’d already be out. I would be sad if she didn’t do another year, but sometimes the workplace can become toxic and you can only take so much—especially after you realize most of it was your doing. 

Gina, uncertified and highly unlicensed reality TV psychoanalyst 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I guess the question is when the music plays and what constitutes "standing around" @ShellyB? I can't imagine they'd be playing too much music during actual plays. Maybe they're supposed to be doing "cheer" stuff (like shaking their poms while standing there and jumping/doing kicks when Cowboys do something good) during actual plays?

@hannahbanana   Music is played for almost every timeout, whether they are called by the teams, officials or media. The only time when music isn’t played and the clock has stopped, is for injuries...with both teams, and cheerleaders taking a knee until the injured player is back up and moving. Otherwise, during active play the DCC are focused on the game, with the occasional showing of spirit and rallying the crowd. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Jinelle is Jewish and shares her faith with the team. Maddie & Tasha are both Mormon and share their backgrounds as well. Not every DCC is overtly religious, as some of their faith journeys are personal. Kelli having her preacher come speak to the girls was more about her respect for him and what she has learned from him. Also, I only notice their bios mentioning religion on their Insta pages, which are under their control. 

Thanks for clarifying, Shelly! It's good to hear other religions are welcome too. :) 

On a funny note, in Robin's profile on the DCC website, her "Embarrassing Moment" story consists of a time she was judging drill team tryouts, and one of the candidates mentioned she had toilet paper on her shoe. 

Bless you, Robin, I could only *wish* that was one of my most embarrassing moments ahahaha...

Also, Yuko's Dream Celebrity Parents would be Beyoncé and George Clooney! 

Edited by Acromantula
added a sentence
  • Love 2

While I really enjoy DCC standouts like Jenna, KaShara, and Lacey, it is nice to see the organization spread the cheer in this year's domestic USO tour by including not only Show Group favorites like Jinelle and Maggie, but also a number of devoted -- if not always front-and-center -- veterans like Chantel, Kelsey, Khalyn, Selina, Simone, and Tess.  And it is a nice honor for rookies Lauren, who is on Show Group, and Savannah as well.  I love following the photos of their visits to our U.S. military bases during these holidays.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Caila gained weight and did not bring her A+ veteran game to tryouts. Rumors were floating around she was a party girl.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up. She's still a good person. Just couldn't keep it together.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, California Girl said:

While I really enjoy DCC standouts like Jenna, KaShara, and Lacey, it is nice to see the organization spread the cheer in this year's domestic USO tour by including not only Show Group favorites like Jinelle and Maggie, but also a number of devoted -- if not always front-and-center -- veterans like Chantel, Kelsey, Khalyn, Selina, Simone, and Tess.  And it is a nice honor for rookies Lauren, who is on Show Group, and Savannah as well.  I love following the photos of their visits to our U.S. military bases during these holidays.

I agree, but I'm wondering why they picked Savanah. I don't hate her and she seems like a sweet person, but she is definitely the weakest rookie so it does look like Kelli loves her so much that she won't be going anywhere no matter how much she messes up.

• Love 2

It looks like they picked girls for each year except Jenna and Lacey. One five year vet, three third year vets, three two year vets and two one year vets. These girls also may have been picked due to be able to take more time off to travel than the other girls. Funny how most of the girls picked are blenders (not stand out girls) except for Jinelle and Maggie and possibly Lauren.

1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I agree, but I'm wondering why they picked Savanah. I don't hate her and she seems like a sweet person, but she is definitely the weakest rookie so it does look like Kelli loves her so much that she won't be going anywhere no matter how much she messes up.

Savannah is very photogenic.  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Savannah is very photogenic.  

Yeah but I would have guessed they’d pick girls based on approachability for these types of things. We already know from the radio show/FB live  Chanta and Tess are pretty blah - but maybe with the military their personalities will come through. 

• Love 1

They all look so darn happy in this photo.  To me, it is one of the best things the DCC does, bringing their celebrity and excitement to our service members and their families, and to children who are hospitalized.  I never get tired of seeing the smiles they bring through their outreach, and I am so glad they featured more of that aspect of their work on this year's show.  As an aside, Tasha's public service video on behalf of her cause, Alzheimer's disease, was so moving.  I know we gave her some grief on these boards for not knowing who what's-his-name was (he is gone now), but Tasha is actually very articulate and well spoken.  Her segment was extremely well thought out and composed.  

DQOjCNKVwAAeS9s.jpg

• Love 3
1 hour ago, California Girl said:

I'm sad to see that Selina has not been able to get back to fighting shape, weight-wise.

I don't like Khalyn's new weave.  It's too long and full.  I think she's gorgeous, but that hair ages her.

For that matter, I think most of them could lose about three inches of hair and look great.  Amy's hair cut really freshened her up, because her ends look so healthy.

Overall, they all look great though.

• Love 3