Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

On 11/16/2017 at 8:02 AM, 8dallas said:

Now that I have seen the first half of this season games in person.. I must say Jenna and her group kill it! They are the most well rounded and aesthetically the best looking dancing group. Alexis is a standout rookie for her group thats for sure. 

That's neat to hear that Alexis is such a standout! She seemed not to get much attention at TC, didn't do that many interviews, and I don't recall Kelli or Judy calling her out or praising her much. I always wonder about the rookies who don't get as much attention from the cameras...I think the show likes to focus on the best and the worst, so I tend to believe that the others are just blenders, etc. 

How did you find Lexie, Molly, Rachael, and Tara's dancing, might I ask? I felt like they all got far less screen time and I'd be curious to know what impression they give on the field...

• Love 1
13 hours ago, lfedncr said:

Piggy backing on  this... did anyone see pics from the appearance this weekend ?  She just is not a pretty girl.  Fried hair, middle part , oversized chest .  Dress is just not flattering either 

Awwww...really? I think she looks lovely. I agree that I'm not a fan of the big boobs, excessive makeup, but I honestly think she is very pretty. I also like that she has several pics on her instagram that are minimal/no makeup (unlike most of the other girls). For example: 

18013821_218869558615171_4443229305064914944_n.jpg.69f79e524aa8c9ba0c269c2218260485.jpg

Interesting point about the middle part, however. In these earlier pictures from Dec. 2016 and Dcc tryouts, her hair is swept to the side (one of them might be due to dancing/head swinging, but still...)

18444537_884412388374426_8342554697772564480_n.jpg.c8069becb481404c988854dc6dacaf90.jpg

17076781_989165064549510_7982995682317303808_n.jpg.49c76d5182a477b1245799b8af48523a.jpg

• Love 13
10 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

With Milan gone this has been a crazy year for Vets leaving on various reasons. Looks like JenK and Emma will be in Thunderstruck for the rest of the year. 

What ? details ????!! 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, mmm said:

What ? details ????!! 

I got a message from someone saying she couldn’t commit anymore because of school and resigned last week. Whether or not it’s true we’ll have to see with others in the know. Also mentioned that Judy called her “Ms. 4.0” but not in a good way? I don’t know how much is involved. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Milan left too? Honestly, it seems like something isn’t right internally with the DCCs. The last minute departure from Mandy, two cheerleaders leaving mid-season, the Jenna/Holly/Erica situation..... Life happens, but this is a lot. 

I agree. Something seems amiss. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

I need to consult my sources bwhahahahah. Milan leaving for school? Reeks of bullshit.

I don't buy it either...one mid-season departure, which is a really rare event,  I could see...but two?     Within a month of each other.  Plus the craziness w/ Erica.  And Holly and Jenna.  Taken individually they all seem legit, but when you put it all together it seems really fishy.  Why so many leaving the squad?

• Love 4

I miss Rainier. I never thought a makeover he and his team did looked bad. Ever since he left some of the makeovers are just terrible. 

With all the departures I bet they wished they would have kept Brennan and Taryn. I thought overall that this rookie class was kind of weak (with obvious exceptions) and now they are going to be the vets. Having 2 more vets able to audition next year would have been great for the team. Hindsight and all that. Good news for Christina though, she might make it back for a second year given all the departures and the need for vets to keep the team stable. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Do their contracts not require them to finish the entire season?

I'm sure they do, but they certainly can't be forced to stay.  It's not as if their multi-million dollar salaries are in jeopardy :)

• Love 9
10 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I got a message from someone saying she couldn’t commit anymore because of school and resigned last week. Whether or not it’s true we’ll have to see with others in the know. Also mentioned that Judy called her “Ms. 4.0” but not in a good way? I don’t know how much is involved. 

Interesting. This kind of makes me believe that while school may have been a convenient excuse, she may have just been sick of the bs. It’s just a bit difficult for me to believe that it was all about school. Obviously, I don’t know Milan and every student is different and has different study habits, etc, but outside of retirement (and for those who don’t work), there’s probably not another time in life where you have so much free time as in undergrad. Is Milan even in her upper division courses yet? It just seems like if she’s the type who needs a laser like focus on undergrad courses to get good grades, she would’ve learned that her first season.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Might be dumb question, but is it really common practice to send only all stars to appearances outside of the game day?

Probably depends on each event and availabiltiy. I thought on the website it said that Allstars go when the team isn’t able to for whatever reason. Maybe if it interfered with practice every night? 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Probably depends on each event and availabiltiy. I thought on the website it said that Allstars go when the team isn’t able to for whatever reason. Maybe if it interfered with practice every night? 

I'm just asking because I saw JennK's instastories with the other girls in a christmas-y event, which seemed to be in the morning and I would assume this is something the current squad should be doing. I've never paid much attention to the all stars though so I don't know if they are active or not.

• Love 1
On 11/20/2017 at 5:28 PM, UnicornKicks said:

I need to consult my sources bwhahahahah. Milan leaving for school? Reeks of bullshit.

Milan's priorities seem eminently reasonable to me.  My son is a student at Harvard, and maintains a 4.0 average.  He has it as a goal to graduate Summa.  This fall he decided to set aside one of his extracurricular commitments in order to focus more time on his academic work. 

Between the increased demands of the higher-level coursework in your concentration, interviewing for the competitive summer internships that may lead to a full-time job offer, a Junior Essay, and planning for your Senior Thesis, things can get very demanding, quite quickly, in ways you do not always anticipate.  

Milan accomplished her goal of becoming a DCC not once, but twice, and perhaps she realized that in order to accomplish her other goals, to graduate Summa or Phi Beta Kappa, or to successfully interview for a summer internship, or to devote herself to academic research for her Senior Thesis, now required her - unfortunately - to give up this professional commitment.

Should she have thought things through and planned better initially?  Perhaps, but we all make mistakes, and I do not fault Milan for prioritizing now, and doing what she needs to do to accomplish some of her other academic and professional goals.  I wish her well.

I do agree with other posters that the seams of reality are on display this particular season.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, Shallan said:

I miss Rainier. I never thought a makeover he and his team did looked bad. Ever since he left some of the makeovers are just terrible. 

I miss Rainer, too! He was a little moody sometimes, but he was very focused. I think what makes the makeovers so meh lately is the changes are really not that dramatic to begin with. If you are going to get a makeover, let it be a noticeable change. I am not saying go red or go dark, but shake it up a little for cry yi!

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:35 PM, sleepyjean said:

Ok, but did you see this one in the suggested videos? I do believe tina kalina was one of the ones dancing around with a fake dinosaur bone, ha! And the white trunks over the blue body suits- wow, that was certainly a look.

And this video made me realize I've been wrong about something for a while. I always thought that prior to the tv show, they only asked a few more women to training camp than would make the team. I thought they'd inflated that number to 45ish so they could cut a lot more of them for the purposes of the show. But in this video, they took 45 to training camp back in 1989, so clearly they've been doing this for a long time.

OMG, I was on dance team in HS....class of 1990 and we wore those same blue unitards with the trunks over them.  lol

8 hours ago, Shallan said:

With all the departures I bet they wished they would have kept Brennan and Taryn. I thought overall that this rookie class was kind of weak (with obvious exceptions) and now they are going to be the vets. Having 2 more vets able to audition next year would have been great for the team. Hindsight and all that. Good news for Christina though, she might make it back for a second year given all the departures and the need for vets to keep the team stable. 

Oh man, Brennan and Taryn must be livid. That's not one, but TWO spots that are now open on the squad that could have been theirs. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Slate said:

I think Miranda is beautiful!  She is one of my favorite rookies.

Miranda and Molly both possess a very natural, girl-next-door beauty.  Miranda additionally appears to be so down-to-earth and relatable.  I like that she wears little makeup IRL photos.

• Love 10

Once again I am the odd duck and in the minority, but I do not think Brennan and Taryn are DCC material. I also do not see what was so great about Milan either, and I will not be sad if she really left the team. I also do not think Reiner and crew makeovers they did were all that great either. It seems Kelli wants the girls to look and sound alike aka DCC clones/cult.

Edited by bigskygirl
14 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Miranda and Molly both possess a very natural, girl-next-door beauty. 

Looks wise, Miranda and Molly were two standouts to me, along with Kalyssa. I do think Miranda looks better with a side part. The center part does her no favors and makes her look common. 

• Love 2

The thing about Renier that really annoyed me was how he always did that stupid joke where he'd scare a girl into thinking he was going to dye her hair some color he knew she wouldn't want (always told blondes he was going to dye their hair black) or cut it really short.  Sorry, lame & not funny.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ClosetBachJunkie said:

So what is the cause they are promoting?

Each girls boot represents a different cause. It seems like it’s going to be a series of some sort leading up to a game to recognize them all. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

SEE! Theeeeeese are the stories we want, CMT! 

I am once again in the unpopular minority club, but I do not want to see their fundraising or bring attention to certain causes stories on the show.

Edited by bigskygirl
On 11/21/2017 at 1:33 AM, NMDD43 said:

Do their contracts not require them to finish the entire season?

so the dream team squad of 36 is really now how many? I guess they have been back filling with all-stars..

and what is the penalty for breach of contact  - can't try out next year?

Edited by sATL
10 minutes ago, sATL said:

so the dream team squad of 36 is really now how many? I guess they have been back filling with all-stars..

Quitters would be idiots to try out again unless it was medical emergency. Better rupture an appendix on the field or something.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I find it interesting the girls are choosing diseases their family members have dealt with. I have nothing against bringing certain diseases to light because I have lost family members to cancer and had a great aunt die from dementia, but it would be nice to see one of the girls pick a cause like domestic abuse, animal abuse, organ donation, kidney disease, or homeless veterans. I also bet dollars to donuts Kelli and Charlotte double check the causes because *gasp* they cannot pick a cause that could cause a black eye to the DCC and Dallas Cowboys organizations.

2 hours ago, sATL said:

Maybe next year they'll double up on All Stars in case this happens again.   :0

Just noticed Milan (between Robin & Stephanie) in the boot picture I posted. When was it taken? When did she leave? 

Edited by MrsEVH