Type keyword(s) to search

The Stranger Things Wishlist: What We Want To Happen

• Start Topic

Less flashbacks to shit I have already scene. Dear Stranger Things, your show entire show is always on Netflixs, unauthorized clips are on Youtube, not to mention the shit ton of tumblrs, it is taking up valuable screentime. 

6 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

I assume no one's coming here without seeing season three but let me put some spaces just in case:

1. Season 4! Sometimes I'm a simple woman...

2. Hopper alive!

3. Steve gets romantic love!

4. The return of the nail bat!

5. Let's say three episodes where the entire party works together instead of just throwing them back together at the end of the next to last/beginning of last episode like they have been.

Definitely agree with your list, especially 3 and 4. I'll admit to being total trash for Steve, so really I'd just like him to find some success in life, either romantically or professionally. At the very least I hope he stays close with Dustin and Robin.

I'll also add:

1. Send Jonathan to college because he hasn't been interesting for two seasons now.

2. Bring back Dr. Brenner. Personally I found him to be the strongest of the human villains, and it was implied in 2x07 that he's still alive.

3. Give Lucas something more interesting to do. Of all the original party members, I feel like he's the one we still know the least about. If they insist on keeping Erica a regular cast member, maybe do something with them as siblings.

• Love 4

Give El and Will real scenes together.  

Give Will a real story.  It’s like since he was not at death’s door they didn’t know what to do with him.  Standing around saying the same thing and holding his neck does not a story make.  

I also agree with less flashbacks.  That’s just frigging lazy storytelling.  

• Like 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I just got done watching season 3. Overall, I really enjoyed it. I felt it kept me engaged the entire time and the final episode was a hit to the emotional gut. 

For the next season I want Hopper to be alive. I don't know how they will make it happen, but they better figure it out. I don't think he's the American in Russia. I personally think It's "Papa", Dr. Martin Brenner. 

Since I'm a little disappointed that a love interest for Steve didn't work out, I'm hoping that Kali returns in season 4. She can find some stability by joining the group, help El gain back her powers and connect with Steve. 

Edited by Marebear
Missing words.

Some real mom parenting moments between Joyce and El next season. Because El needs it and I think Joyce really cares a lot about her. There were some great scenes of that back in season 1 when they built the sensory deprivation tank to find Will back in season 1.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, strippedhalo said:

Steve and Robin stay BFFs. Someone gives Steve a hug. One of the existing (non-evil) adults takes Steve under their wing.

I don't know that I'd necessarily want to see either of these people take Steve under their wing, but I'd love to see him share some scenes with either Murray or Mrs. Henderson. I feel like Brett Gelman in particular could have some really fun chemistry with Joe Keery.

And speaking of Steve, I'd love it if we could finally meet his parents next year. I'm pretty sure he's the only major character whose family we've never seen. Very curious who they would cast as his asshole father or "super well-respected" mother.

• Love 4

More than 8 episodes.

Less Erica.

Less Robin. I really like her but she did her adventure with Steve in season 3.

No on new added to the team. I want to see more of our team Scooby. I mean Jonathan was just like an extra in the background, even Murray had more scenes. I wasn't too happy when they added Max last year and she just ended up being a girlfriend. Yeah, she had more to do with El this season but only because Hopper scared Mike away.

Video store antics.

Steve using his nail bat.

This is not a spoiler because season 4 hasn't been confirmed but I read an article on yahoo that said our gang might be going to Russia for a rescue. There is supposed to be a portal under Hawkins that goes to Russia that's how the gang will get there. If that is something they might be thinking about for season 4 then I would think the only person the gang would go to Russia to rescue is Hopper. Again not a spoiler because season 4 hasn't been announced. Also, someone commented that Chernobly took place in 1986. That could be an interesting part of the story.

More than 8 episodes. And less time waiting for an 8 episode season.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/11/2019 at 8:07 AM, strippedhalo said:

Steve and Robin stay BFFs. Someone gives Steve a hug. One of the existing (non-evil) adults takes Steve under their wing.

Steve and Mr. Wheeler antics are something I never knew I wanted until right now. 

You just know Mr. Wheeler went HARD during the 1960s. 

Edited by Last Time Lord
  • LOL 1
30 minutes ago, Last Time Lord said:

Steve and Mr. Wheeler antics are something I never knew I wanted until right now. 

You just know Mr. Wheeler went HARD during the 1960s. 

I think they should bring in Joe Chrest's actually experience of being an Air Force vet and earning expert marksmen commendations, since Nancy is known for her ability with a gun.

(edited)

My wishlist:

• Steve joins the police academy (or Hawkins police if we get a big time jump). Nancy & Jonathan seem to have an idea about what they want to do, but Steve seems to be aimless. Now that Hopper is "dead", the crew needs someone who can use the law to their benefit. Plus, I'd love to see Steve in a police uniform, especially after they made him wear the sailor outfit all of S3.
  • Will & Mike lose those awful bowl-cuts; just please no mullets. Not every boy in the 1980s sported terrible haircuts.
  • Less Mike, Dustin, and Erica. More Will & Lucas.
  • El goes to school or we at least see she is being tutored. Her child-like penmanship on the note to Hop in S3 was rather sad.
  • El & Will have actual conversations (not about Mike please) and bond over their shared traumas & experiences with the Upside Down/the monsters. They become actual friends.
  • Max & El remain friends and talk on the phone all the time, running up Joyce's phone bill, lol.
  • Hopper is alive and the entire gang works together to find him.
  • After Hopper's return, he and Joyce finally get together. 3 seasons of this slow burn is enough, time for these two to act on their feelings. 
  • We don't have to wait another 2 years for the next season. 
Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, bunnyblue said:
  • Will & Mike lose those awful bowl-cuts; just please no mullets. Not every boy in the 1980s sported terrible haircuts.

I absolutely think that Will is in line for an image update in season 4. I think the "Will the Wise" scene teases this possibility -- that there's a part of him that wants to be more ostentatious and cheeky, but so far he's only been able to acknowledge it through him and his friends' fantasy adventures. But I think now that he's rejected that fantasy defense mechanism, destroying Castle Byers and giving away his D&D books, he might be able to start expressing that side of himself in a more integrated way. I could imagine him showing up next season as like a funky art kid, or something like that.

• El & Will have actual conversations (not about Mike please) and bond over their shared traumas & experiences with the Upside Down/the monsters. They become actual friends.

I also definitely expect this to happen. As I mentioned in the thread for episode 8, I suspect that one of the reasons why they stripped El of her powers and moved the Byerses out of Hawkins was to set up a storyline where Will and El are trying to put their traumatic pasts behind them and become "normal" kids. Which would set them in opposition to Mike, who always wanted to be involved in wild, supernatural adventures, because they made him feel special and needed -- needed by Will and El in particular, so it would be an interesting challenge for him to see them finding a way to be cool and well-adjusted together, without him.

Edited by Dev F
  • Love 4
(edited)

My wish list and spoilers for season 3:

1. Hopper is alive and either captured in Russia or is still in the upside down.

2. Have Eleven and Will have scenes together and maybe discuss their trama. And build a nice sibling like relationship (no love triangle's please)

3. Possibly related to 2, but have Eleven start or be attending school. It would be a fun scene having her in a classroom.

4. Speaking of Eleven, her powers back. But not as the way the beat the big bad but more slowly. I think the cause of the their "disappearance" is somehow related to her emotions.

5. More scenes with the siblings interacting (Mike/Nancy and Lucas/Erica). And I always love group scenes.

Edited by blueray
  • Love 1
On 7/13/2019 at 10:02 AM, Robert Lynch said:

What would be the next 80s teen star?

Winona Ryder.  I keep seeing articles about how Lucas is supposed to come out soon in the Stranger Things timeline and it would be a movie these kids would be into.

On 7/15/2019 at 9:57 PM, bunnyblue said:

My wishlist:

• Steve joins the police academy (or Hawkins police if we get a big time jump). Nancy & Jonathan seem to have an idea about what they want to do, but Steve seems to be aimless. Now that Hopper is "dead", the crew needs someone who can use the law to their benefit. Plus, I'd love to see Steve in a police uniform, especially after they made him wear the sailor outfit all of S3.

I love this idea!

On 7/15/2019 at 9:57 PM, bunnyblue said:

El goes to school or we at least see she is being tutored. Her child-like penmanship on the note to Hop in S3 was rather sad.

I agree this is sad, but I appreciated the detail.  Do we know she isn't in school?  If this season is the summer after the last season, maybe she'll start in the fall.

On 7/27/2019 at 3:00 PM, janie jones said:

I agree this is sad, but I appreciated the detail.  Do we know she isn't in school?  If this season is the summer after the last season, maybe she'll start in the fall.

Her entire social life was shown as taking place in her bedroom before that trip to the mall, which had the air of a jailbreak - complete with freakout from Mike about El being seen in public - plus Hopper was advised at the end of last season to keep her hidden for at least another year, just in case, and it has been less than that, so it seems safe to say that she isn't in school, no. Hopefully Joyce will enrol her wherever they move to, though, as it should be long enough and far enough removed from the lab for her to be safe. She would need remedial classes, though, poor kid.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Last Time Lord said:

I’d  like to see Eleven remain powerless for at least half the season. 

It would be be interesting to see how The Party deals with the upcoming threat(s) without that nuke in their back pocket.  

I would also like to see Eleven powerless. I need a break from the hand out, pissed off, bloody nose image for awhile - plus it will give the other kids more to do then stand and stare.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/23/2022 at 12:59 PM, janie jones said:

I've been rewatching the whole series because it's been so long I don't remember anything. All I want at this point is to no longer hear about Mike and Eleven's romance.

At least they keep them separated from time to time and bother to break them up for a couple episodes in season 3. Nancy and Jonathan have had storylines together in Seasons 1-3. 

I do hope for part of the season 4, El's powers don't come back

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2

I might be willfully naive, but I refuse to believe they'll actually kill Steve. Knowing him, he'll end the series thoroughly concussed and likely still single, but I think he'll be left standing.

If he does get killed off, I don't see it happening until the end of season five. In the meantime, if they want to get rid of Jonathan, I won't be mad about it.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, TwoBitUsherette said:

If he does get killed off, I don't see it happening until the end of season five.

Wait, I thought season four was the final season?

• Love 1

I honestly don't want any of the young adults to die, but I especially don't want Steve to die. I don't think they will kill Steve because it will be an easy (and expected) shock.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, TwoBitUsherette said:

I might be willfully naive, but I refuse to believe they'll actually kill Steve. Knowing him, he'll end the series thoroughly concussed and likely still single, but I think he'll be left standing.

If he does get killed off, I don't see it happening until the end of season five. In the meantime, if they want to get rid of Jonathan, I won't be mad about it.

I mean, I don’t necessarily think they will, but Robin’s rabies talk and the internet saying they think it’s going to happen has me a little nervous. And Hop living has me  half-thinking “hmm, they really don’t want to kill any main characters“ and half “they let Hop live, they’re not going to keep doing that.”

• Love 1
On 5/30/2022 at 7:01 PM, bettername2come said:

Don't. Kill. Steve.

Same here. Steve needs to remain on his arc and be around :)

I kind of want Eight to come back, probably in season 5. To help fight One (assuming he still is the bad guy).  This will make sense as they are the only ones left.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
On 5/30/2022 at 11:21 PM, paulvdb said:

No. It was announced a few months ago that season 5 will be the final season.

For real? I kinda wish they had stuck with S4 being the final season, tbh. It's already getting a little floundery and not nearly as tight as the first three seasons. Not to mention it hasn't held my interest nearly as much. Oh well.

On 6/1/2022 at 4:16 PM, blueray said:

I kind of want Eight to come back, probably in season 5. To help fight One (assuming he still is the bad guy).  This will make sense as they are the only ones left.

Either the episode with Eight was setting up another team to call on for a situation beyond what the Hawkins team can handle, or it's just another in a long line of failed backdoor pilots. 

This one came from my sister and I’m torn between thinking it’s the best thing ever and that it would be a horrible letdown.

In an ultimate homage to two great 80s TV shows, the end of final episode of season 5 fades out to reveal that a bunch of 2022 GenX friends have just finished playing the sci-fi/horror RPG we’ve been watching for five seasons.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Given that the timeframe of the current episodes of Season 4 are mid/late-March 1986, they're only a few weeks away from Chernobyl happening. I have to wonder if that will somehow be incorporated during the Part 2 of the season.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1

After finishing the first part of season 4, I decided to do a rewatch of the first 3 seasons before Part 2. Yes, I'm well aware if would've made more sense to have done the rewatch before Part 1, but hindsight, and I realized something. Something I wasn't expecting.

I just...really, really want Hopper and Joyce to end up together.

• Love 4

Not gonna lie. I secretly want this to end with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson to be seen, in Mulder's office in Quantico, in 1995, discussing whether the whole Hawkins thing was a hoax or mass hysteria or aliens.....

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Redrum said:

Not gonna lie. I secretly want this to end with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson to be seen, in Mulder's office in Quantico, in 1995, discussing whether the whole Hawkins thing was a hoax or mass hysteria or aliens.....

SCULLY: A monster so powerful the Russians spend millions of dollars trying to weaponize it, but it doesn't have anything better to do than terrorize the same small, midwestern town over and over for decades?

MULDER: Sounds like crap when you say it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, NDW5332 said:

As "Papa's" Papa?

William Daniels as a driver's ed instructor would be funny, except most of the younger characters are a few years away from legally getting learners permits/licensees. 

• LOL 1
On 5/30/2022 at 7:01 PM, bettername2come said:

Don't. Kill. Steve.

If Max dies, I will be extremely devastated. If Nancy dies, I will have a mental breakdown. If Steve dies, I will personally go to the Upside Down myself, kill Vecna, and resurrect Steve, and then throw that bitch Angela and her stage two concussion into the Upside Down.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't want Max, Steve, Joyce, or Will to be killed. I mean, I don't want any of the others to be either but like I won't be that devastated lol. But if it's any the 4 mentioned, I'm gonna be rage filled.

Dustin will be a tearjerker and I’ll miss Lucas, Robin and Nancy. Jonathan, Mike, El, Hopper and the rest of the newbies? Meh.

Might be underestimating the Duffers, but I just don’t see any of the main cast being “Vecna’d”. It’s most likely to be some sort of heroic sacrifice thing imo, with Steve and Nancy the two I think are in most danger. Other than them, “Enzo” is almost certainly a goner and I wouldn’t be surprised if one or both of Brenner and Owens kicks the bucket.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My death predictions are Jason, Enzo, and possibly Eddie. I can't see any of the main kid/teen cast dying yet. Season five, maybe, but you don't kill off your major draws when you want your upcoming final season to be huge.

I don't think I have a wishlist besides Steve, Robin, Nancy, Max, Lucas, and Dustin making it out alive, and a satisfying conclusion to Vecna's story that explains his relationship to the Mind Flayer. And more Robin/Nancy bonding, because I like their dynamic. And for Will to catch a break for once. Mostly I'm just along for the ride.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Going into the next season, my wishlist is....

* more of the ENTIRE cast in the same place at the same time. No taking several episodes or an entire season to bring everyone together.
* more inter-mingling between the cast, especially some random characters who have never/rarely interacted in the previous four seasons. We've had two full seasons now where pretty much the same character groups have been sequestered away into their own plots, so let's get some fresh pairings.  One episode where, say, Lucas, Robin, and Hopper are on a side mission.  Or, Joyce, Will, and Dustin.
* the finale implied this, but S5 shouldn't begin far beyond the end of S4.  The Upside-Down has already cracked into the real world, there is ash and fire, One/Vecna is wounded but still active, etc. 
* Eddie's name to be cleared!  The Hawkins sheriff surely realizes something is awry beyond a regular serial killer, so he might as well specify that Eddie didn't do it.

Edited by OutOfTheQuestion
  • Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4