Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E09: Week 8: Trio Night

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

It is lame, good for you Mark sticking up for your partner. Both the brothers threw shade at her, now Frankie..eff off and dance!

Maybe I'm confused but how does pointing out that Lindsey (celebrity) and Jordan have dance experience "throwing shade?"

12 minutes ago, smiley13 said:

Mark has every right to be ticked off, at both the judges and the other contestants/pros.  Lindsey is an excellent dancer, but she was not a trained dancer prior to the show.  And the judges are not giving Lindsey the scores that she deserves.  If they get screwed out of the finals, I doubt we will ever see Mark on this show again, especially if they are sacrificed for Victoria.

Who said that she was trained dancer? It's been mentioned that both she and Jordan are not total amateurs and have dance experience, which is entirely accurate. If Lindsey and Mark don't make the finals and he doesn't come back then good riddance. I'm sorry, but he's been on this show for eons and knows how the game is played. If he doesn't like it, then yeah, he should leave. Other than last week, I don't think Lindsey has been at, or near, the bottom of the leaderboard. Sorry her fans are upset that she's not getting perfect scores every week, but she is getting good scores and if Victoria, or someone else, outlasts her because fans aren't that into her that's just how it goes sometimes.

• Love 6

My biggest problem with tonight's show was all the "bling" that was used.....disco glitter to the point that seeing the dancers was hard, the psychedelic pattern on the floor(I did like when the circles turned red) made me dizzy, hiding dancer's feet with the heads of the audience...way too much going on. I like to see the dancers actually dancing, not hidden behind smoke, people's head or the blinding glitter everywhere. 

Now for the GOOD...Lindsay and Jordon and Mark and Lindsey(hope I got the right Lindsay/Lindsey with the right partners), the BAD, Victoria and the jive, she just doesn't have the legs and feet for it so they hide it with the audience and the UGLY, the judges saying they didn't like something or that they couldn't overlook things and then they still give high scores!

• Love 5

What a night!

Individual dances:

Terrell--Well, I was going to say that if he keeps going the way he's going he could be a surprise entry into the finals, but never mind. I did like that we got to know a different side of him.

Victoria--I'm still meh about her. I didn't really feel any emotion from her dance.

Drew--He's trying hard, but I don't feel like he's improving much anymore.

Lindsey--I'm glad she's feeling better. It was a high-energy dance, but it seemed like she and Mark were out of synch a couple of times.

Frankie--Unfortunately, this dance showed his shortcomings, it wasn't very smooth. I thought the 9s were generous.

Jordan--Just, wow! I love the Quickstep, and this one was exceptional!

Trios:

Terrell, etc.--Well, darn, just when I was starting to like him, cocky TO came back.

Can Erin drool over Rashad any more? I do like to watch him dance, but come on!

Victoria, etc.--Underwhelming and egotistical on Val's part. The 8s were generous.

Lindsey, etc.--Loved it! Did I miss something? how did this dance not get all 10s?

Frankie, etc--I really liked this one too, but I did notice that Frankie seemed unsure of himself in a couple of spots. I lol'ed at the "no Carlton". :) I also liked how Len told him he needed to have more confidence in himself.

Jordan, etc.--This was one for the record books! It reminded me of how much I love to watch Corbin dance.

Boo, hiss! Drew should have gone home--I couldn't believe when he was called safe. 

Drew and Victoria should be the next to go.

Tom was on a roll tonight!

Edited by marykat71702
added something
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Dang that trio with Jordan and Corbin was incredible.  Y'all didn't rewind that a few times??!  

9 years later Kristi Yamaguchi is still in that kind of shape?  Good for her.  

She is in better shape nine years later than one of the other returning celebrities is in one year

• Love 6

I was kind of meh on a lot of the dances this week. I think my favorite was Whitney/Frankie/Alfonso's. 

I think a trio Rumba was a really dumb idea. Rumba is probably my least favorite dance they perform on this show and it just does not feel like it would work that well with three people and it really didn't tonight.

I have no idea what was up with showing Laurie's winning moment at the start of Laurie/Val/Victoria's dance. I don't know what the concept of their dance was or how that played into it.

I liked Kristi/Mark/Lindsey's trio. Kristi is one of the few Mark partners I really liked and she's clearly still got it. Given how much Len likes Linsdey I was surprised it didn't get all 10s, but I'm not fussed about it either.

UO in that I wasn't that into Corbin/Lindsay/Jordan's trio. It was good. I didn't think it deserved all the fawning it got. It doesn't help that I never liked Corbin and like Jordan less and less every week.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I have no idea what was up with showing Laurie's winning moment at the start of Laurie/Val/Victoria's dance. I don't know what the concept of their dance was or how that played into it.

I just double-checked on YouTube -- Laurie and Val were dancing tonight in the same costumes they were wearing when she won last year. The impression I get from the layout is Victoria is a fan in the audience, watching in awe as they win. Then she's invited to join them onstage.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, lavenderblue said:

I just double-checked on YouTube -- Laurie and Val were dancing tonight in the same costumes they were wearing when she won last year. The impression I get from the layout is Victoria is a fan in the audience, watching in awe as they win. Then she's invited to join them onstage.

I've seen so many interpretations of this routine but the one thing that's consistent is no matter how its spun, its awful. Victoria, a fan watching from the audience, in her own season?? Val was under the influence of something when he came up with this lmao.

We all remember Laurie won with you Val. I promise we do.

• Love 11

I notice that Lindsay is finally starting to talk about the fact that she's never had a mirrorball.  She certainly deserves one.  I liked Jordan a little bit more tonight because of how he was while casually hanging out with Corbin.  Still can't stand Corbin, he's got a Chmerkovskiy size ego.  I couldn't see Jordan's damn quickstep because of the stage.  The trio was good, but it had some awkward seconds.

• Love 3

I took it more to be that when she saw Laurie win she used it as her own inspiration that she could win too or at least do the show.  Mostly because that song is so ingrained in my head from Pitch Perfect and it was kind of his moment too that he took to shine (he finally got to sing in the acapella group).  I didn't think the song was by accident.

I am a Frankie fan and enjoyed his trio as well.  I root for him as the "everyman" who is improving and just having fun with this. 

I appreciate Jordan for what he is....his other dances didn't necessarily resonate with me but I was blown away by the trio.   Where I thought Witney did a great job of being the glue in her trio, Lindsey (the pro) was almost outdanced by the 2 guys, which was fantastic to see it being on the edge of that.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Uke said:

Victoria:  So many irritants here.  Why did they use black tape on her back - we know it comes in flesh-color?

So much this! It seems like they are really going for the pity votes.

Jordan's Quickstep and trio dance are ones that i will re-watch over and over again, along with Lindsey's trio dance.

• Love 6

Man I loved Jordan/Corbin/Lindsay's trio salsa. One of the best trios in a long time.

At one spot during the trio dance, the camera caught Jordan in the midst of a really funny facial expression where he was sticking his tongue out. It cracked me up.

But I did love the dance. They did an amazing job. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, spanana said:

I suspect this is an unpopular opinion, but I found myself more annoyed with Mark for his shade than Frankie.  First, Mark more than anyone should get editing and how it works on this show. Second, Frankie may have meant Lindsey but I went back and he specifically says "Jordan and Lindsay/Lindsey".  He might have meant Lindsay as in "Jordan & Lindsay" or he might have meant Lindsey.  The show edited it as the latter, but Frankie doesn't control the editing so I don't know if that is what he meant or not.  Plus people have been name checking Jordan and Lindsey for weeks so now he decided to throw a little shade and not at all the various other couples the other weeks?  Just seems like such a silly thing to start something over.  Yeah, Frankie needs to focus on himself and get out of the "aw shucks I'm not worthy" thing but I could say that for most everyone else and I think it just served to make Mark look not so great.

Can someone fill me in?  I ff through a lot of the show, so I'm not getting the references.  (Trying to follow along w/the gossip!)

When Alfonso did the finger wag during the trio I thought that meant "no no this ain't the carlton thing, this is frankie's thing."   Alfonso during the judging made it seem like it was depriving us (the audience) of homage to the Carlton again.  Which I found kind of arrogant.  LOL

• Love 4

I think it's understandable (and probably smart) that Mark wants to get a counter-narrative going for Lindsey. She's not nearly as trained as Jordan, she's arguably been getting underscored the last two weeks for whatever reasons, and now various people have thrown shade at her. Mark's not always the most calm when it comes to these sorts of reactions, and perhaps a more diplomatic one would have been better. But IMO some form of reaction was needed at this point. I'm just waiting for Lindsey to be the shocking elimination, what with her being talked down and scored down. I was almost convinced she'd have to go this week, with how they screwed her over last week. He also probably rightly perceives that the producers have started editing, setting up things for Frankie/Jordan and against Lindsey with the way they have started brushing her aside, so I get the frustration at this sort of manipulation as well. It's not effective that he rants about it, of course. But he's right that there's a problem for Lindsey, and it's not Lindsey's fault at all, but rather deliberately created by the show for her.

As for the dances: Jordan was awesome. Corbin was awesome (but then I always liked Corbin and IMO his best dances were some of the best in the show's history). Lindsey's trio was awesome and IMO underscored. I really liked the samba, but I can see why they docked points. Frankie was entertaining enough. Victoria and Drew IMO, unfortunately, weren't so much. TO was probably stronger than those two at this point and he's been improving, so I was sad to see him go.

Edited by katha
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I agree. She gets on my nerves for a lot of things but I like her as co-host and do think she's better than any of the previous ones (or Leah Remini.....UGH!). The pros seem to like her and her goofy awkwardness is pretty amusing. 

Samantha Harris was the first co-host to work with my dream BFF/father, Tommy B. 

I pointed out last week about Erin being MIA this season. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Someone needs to explain to me why the audience vote model hasn't been pushed out to sea on a flaming boat?  I have only voted a couple of times ever, on any contest show, and I would rather see the contestant judged by informed folk based on skill, not popularity.  It would have been a straight up tragedy if David Ross would have won last year, and I'm a huge Cubs/DR fan. 

Hardcore Cubs/DWTS fan here and I totally agree with you! Loved DR competing last spring, but I didn't even vote for him!

That said, if the judges continue to overscore Victoria & Frankie, I will be livid if one of them end up with the Mirror Ball.

It truly is a Catch-22, in my personal opinion.

• Love 3

Mark hit two home runs tonight.  The Latin percussion ensemble music choice was fantastic, as well.  I loved that he kept it clean and classic for the Jazz, when he had license to go crazy.

Kristi!

I cared most for Terrell, which is to say not much.  I am a bit sad to see him go, but am heartened and gratified to see Cheryl shine yet again as a mentor and dance teacher. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Bridget said:

Samantha Harris was the first co-host to work with my dream BFF/father, Tommy B. 

Second.  The show started with a co-host named Lisa Canning.  (I remember she only lasted one season, but I couldn't remember her name - I just looked it up).  

• Love 1
Just now, LotusFlower said:

Second.  The show started with a co-host named Lisa Canning.  (I remember she only lasted one season, but I couldn't remember her name - I just looked it up).  

You're totally right - I must've blocked Lisa from my memory! Thanks for clarifying!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Uke said:

Victoria:  So many irritants here.  Why did they use black tape on her back - we know it comes in flesh-color? 

Why all the audience crowding the stage so we couldn't see her legs?  Again, no sharpness to her kicks and flicks.  All too soft.  It seemed at times both Val and Laurie were pulling her through to the next moves.  

Scores were generous. 

I'm actually sitting here, with flesh colored Kinesio tape running from my wrist to my shoulder. As I am the most pale person that I know (my father is from Belfast, I'm a red head and my legs may or may not glow in the dark!), this tape actually blends in incredibly AND surprisingly well on my skin. You cannot even tell I'm wearing it from across the room.  

The whole pity vote thing pisses me off because so many people go out and dance while injured, able bodied or not. Lindsey Stirling and her rib injury last week? Homegirl OWNED that paso doble (and those knee walks!), wasn't scored accurately AND was in agonizing pain. I don't even know how long she sat in make-up that night, but I know it wasn't for a quick nose powdering. My point? Maybe Lindsey had Kinesio tape on her body, but it wasn't attached to her in a super obvious pinwheel fashion the way Victoria had hers applied. I don't know where/when/how Victoria's spasm occurred, so maybe she had to be "taped up" in a pinwheel pattern, but the black tape/obvious placement still bothers me. 

Edited by Bridget
content
  • Love 6

Pretty good show tonight.   I definitely thought either Drew or Victoria should have gone before TO, but I'm okay with it.  Jordan was appropriately scored for both of his dances.  Lindsey was underscored for her samba - getting a lower total score than Terrell and the same score as Frankie for his Viennese Waltz was kinda ridic.  I also thought Lindsey was seriously underscored for her trio dance.  For me, it was near perfection.  Only one point higher than Frankie's trio dance?  On what planet?  While I loved Jordan's trio dance and felt it was deserving of perfect 10s, I disagree with Bruno that it will go down in the history of best dances ever on DWTS, but whatever.

At the end of the night, the leaderboard for the Top 3 looked like this:

Jordan- 60
Lindsey- 54
Frankie- 53

That's just silly, imo.  Lindsey was far better than to have just a single point between her and Frankie, while having 6 points less than Jordan.  I like Frankie, but if he pushes either Jordan or Lindsey out of the Final 2, I will not be happy.  Up until tonight, I was equally satisfied with either Jordan or Lindsey being the winner, but now I've changed my mind.  Jordan should easily win this thing.   I don't care which of Drew or Victoria goes home next week.

• Love 7

Tonight's dances:

Spoiler

Opening number

Victoria, Val, & Laurie Hernandez (S23 winner) - jive

Victoria & Val - tango

Terrell, Cheryl, & Kelly Monaco (S1 winner) - rumba

Terrell & Cheryl - Charleston

Lindsey, Mark, & Kristi Yamaguchi (S5 winner) - jazz

Lindsey & Mark - samba

Drew, Emma, & Rashad Jennings (S24 winner) - cha cha

Drew & Emma - waltz

Frankie, Witney, & Alfonso Ribeiro (S19 winner) - jive

Frankie & Witney - waltz

Jordan, Lindsay, & Corbin Bleu (S17 runner up) - salsa

Jordan & Lindsay - quickstep

• Love 3

The Jordan/Lindsay/Corbin trio is EXACTLY why I don't give a shit about any of the celebs having prior dance experience. I would rather watch a well choreographed dance that isn't watered down (see: Drew as Emma's human prop in the waltz) and well executed by a celeb who has had dance training so that I can be entertained for 90 seconds instead of watching an allegedly 90 second dance that actually consists of 30 seconds of faffing about in the beginning, 15 seconds of dancing in hold, 15 seconds of the celeb standing still or walking forward while the pro literally dances circles around them, and then 30 seconds of faffing about before the ending pose.

If prior dance experience will give me more dances like that salsa trio, then I say bring in more celebs with dance experience! I get so bored/annoyed with dances where it's obvious that the pro is trying desperately to fill the time with poses and camouflaging the celeb's weaknesses. I don't care about growth and journeys and all that other BS. I don't need to watch someone with two left feet become slightly less clumsy over the course of two months.

On a related note, oh, look, Kelly Monaco is back to remind us how much it sucked when she won S1. But she had a journey! She "improved"!

I am so tired of the camouflaging on this show, deliberate or otherwise. If the celeb is wearing black from head to toe, don't have a dark background. You can have one or the other, but not both. Victoria's camouflage was so deliberate. Did we see her feet for more than ten seconds during that entire dance?

I really dislike having trios because it's really obvious from the choreography that they have to shoehorn someone in, so there are too many moments where one person is just off to the side or in the back while two of them dance together. Bringing back all of these winners for the trios mostly showed this season's celebs' weaknesses. I felt bad for Cheryl because a rumba trio? How do you do that without making the dance look like a menage à trois? Even so, Terrell did very little dancing in that routine.

Lindsey had her shoulders hunched over a lot in one of her dances. It made me want to poke her between the shoulder blades.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 9

I wouldn't be too hard on Mark over his tweet.  I agree that the editing made it look like Frankie was talking about contestant Lindsey when he could have easily meant Lindsay.  But the package was seriously problematic.  Other boards have been on fire with hateful conspiracy theorists throwing serious venom at Lindsey claiming she was faking her injury for votes last week.  Having a package the very next week implying Lindsey was off dancing a routine flawlessly on day 2 really adds some oil to the "She's faking it!" fire.  Mark needed to nip that in the bud and quickly.  Trying to explain the nuance of reality show editing creating narratives that are often times untrue wouldn't have worked as most people would have likely given side eye to such a defense since if anything it only gives more credence to the Lindsey injury being untrue by the same logic.  So he simply replied to the package as it was presented defending Lindsey's integrity as a contestant.  At least that's how I read things.

Also I feel like at times both Lindsey and Jordan's dance experience is a bit overblown.  They have some experience sure but they weren't professional dancers going into this show.  The package heavily put Jordan and Lindsey in a bad light to prop up Frankie as this poor soul in an unfair competition which was rather eye-rolling to sit through.  I don't judge Frankie on this it was complete producers choice to create this narrative but the narrative still irks me a bit.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

9 years later Kristi Yamaguchi is still in that kind of shape?  Good for her.  

Agree, Kristie looks wonderful. Having said that........what the hell happened to Laurie Hernandez???? She has always been a bit thick in the middle but she is large all around now. I recognized her only by her lovely smile and wide eyes. She has gained an awful lot of weight. Yikes!!!

Edited by luvthepros
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

When Alfonso did the finger wag during the trio I thought that meant "no no this ain't the carlton thing, this is frankie's thing."   Alfonso during the judging made it seem like it was depriving us (the audience) of homage to the Carlton again.  Which I found kind of arrogant.  LOL

I thought it was Frankie who did the finger wag..........

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Coriandria said:

I feel like at times both Lindsey and Jordan's dance experience is a bit overblown. 

It happens whenever there's a celeb who has a dance background who people decide they don't like for whatever reason. Jennifer Grey was criticized for being a ringer and accused by viewers of being professional dancer because she learned ONE dance routine for ONE movie which she filmed 24 years before doing DWTS.

9 minutes ago, luvthepros said:

I thought it was Frankie who did the finger wag..........

Yes, it was Frankie.

frankie.thumb.jpg.2c97f43072a51963d1276af0332b093f.jpg

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, luvthepros said:

Agree, Kristie looked wonderful. Having said that........what the hell happened to Laurie Hernandez???? She has always been a bit thick in the middle but she is large all around now. I recognized her only by her lovely smile and wide eyes. She has gained an awful lot of weight. Yikes!!!

Laurie probably hasn’t gained that much weight. She probably just isn’t solid muscle anymore since she isn’t currently  training for the Olympics.

59 minutes ago, luvthepros said:

Agree, Kristie looked wonderful. Having said that........what the hell happened to Laurie Hernandez???? She has always been a bit thick in the middle but she is large all around now. I recognized her only by her lovely smile and wide eyes. She has gained an awful lot of weight. Yikes!!!

It has to do with many gymnasts body shapes, and once they stop training all of the time, it makes them look really awkward as a normal person.  I think they look bigger than they actually are just based on the changes from the muscle tone to not having as much later on.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, luvthepros said:

For a young girl, I was shocked to see Laurie's appearance change so drastically in a year.  

• Love 2

Gymnasts tend to gain weight really oddly when their not in heavy training mode. Somthing about all their muscle mass can make them look strange. Also, Laurie is tiny. Like less than 5'. Gaining just a few pounds is going to be much more obvious on her frame. 

I am all about the C bros (and therefore their partners) being coddled by the show but I'm willing to give them a pass on the black Kinesio tape. It's probably what medical had on hand and they are the last people to care about scoring and placements. They just don't want the girl collapsing on live tv.

Edited by sab85
  • Love 1

Thinking over last night's elimination, it means this to me:

I looked forward to TO each week....he improved consistently and Cheryl was teaching him to actually DANCE.  His was enjoying his journey, and so was his partner.  He joy was infectious.

Drew and Victoria:  two more celebs who reached a plateau and were not improving.  I couldn't remember their dances 10 minutes after the show....except their awkwardness and the fact they were not truly dancing most of the time.

Bottom line:  a celeb I enjoyed left, while two stayed who should have been eliminated before him.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sinycalone said:

I looked forward to TO each week....he improved consistently and Cheryl was teaching him to actually DANCE.  His was enjoying his journey, and so was his partner.  He joy was infectious.

Drew and Victoria:  two more celebs who reached a plateau and were not improving.  I couldn't remember their dances 10 minutes after the show....except their awkwardness and the fact they were not truly dancing most of the time.

While all of that is true, how much you do or don't improve isn't the point of the game.  Fanbases are the point, and Terrell's was just smaller and more meager than Drew and Victoria's.  That's just all there is to it.

• Love 1

I know I am in the minority but I LOVE Alfonso.  He is one of my two favorite winners of all seasons and I so enjoy watching him dance.  He even made me like Whitney for his season and that is quite an accomplishment. 

Victoria's dances are so forgettable.   Jordan and Lindsey or Lindsey and Mark are the likely winners of this season and I would not be mad at either of them winning.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Coriandria said:

I wouldn't be too hard on Mark over his tweet.  I agree that the editing made it look like Frankie was talking about contestant Lindsey when he could have easily meant Lindsay.  But the package was seriously problematic.  Other boards have been on fire with hateful conspiracy theorists throwing serious venom at Lindsey claiming she was faking her injury for votes last week.  Having a package the very next week implying Lindsey was off dancing a routine flawlessly on day 2 really adds some oil to the "She's faking it!" fire.  Mark needed to nip that in the bud and quickly.  Trying to explain the nuance of reality show editing creating narratives that are often times untrue wouldn't have worked as most people would have likely given side eye to such a defense since if anything it only gives more credence to the Lindsey injury being untrue by the same logic.  So he simply replied to the package as it was presented defending Lindsey's integrity as a contestant.  At least that's how I read things.

Also I feel like at times both Lindsey and Jordan's dance experience is a bit overblown.  They have some experience sure but they weren't professional dancers going into this show.  The package heavily put Jordan and Lindsey in a bad light to prop up Frankie as this poor soul in an unfair competition which was rather eye-rolling to sit through.  I don't judge Frankie on this it was complete producers choice to create this narrative but the narrative still irks me a bit.

Long time reader, first time poster! Coriandria, I agree with your post. I didn’t think of it from this perspective, but that totally makes sense. Just curious, but what other boards were saying that she was faking it? I know there were comments on YouTube that said it, which is ridiculous because if you actually watched the dance you could totally tell she was in pain! This package tonight rubbed me in the wrong way for many of the reasons you said. I agree that Jordan and Lindsey’s dance experience is overplayed. 

• Love 1

Who your returning Star was really impacted your dance.  Jordan getting great dancer Corbin was a total boon!  Victoria getting pro gymnast, Laurie, showcased her weaknesses.  Ditto Drew and Rashad.  Kristi and the soap star were gone long enough to be harmless.

And I was eye rolling during the black tape incident.  Is this the only costume without mesh? And tape comes in ALL colors....

11 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Someone needs to explain to me why the audience vote model hasn't been pushed out to sea on a flaming boat?  I have only voted a couple of times ever, on any contest show, and I would rather see the contestant judged by informed folk based on skill, not popularity.  It would have been a straight up tragedy if David Ross would have won last year, and I'm a huge Cubs/DR fan. 

Probably because the show ratings would go right out the window with it.  You might want to see the couples judged by informed folks based on skill, but the whole sticking point of the show is that America gets to choose and America has an investment in who wins.  That will go right out the window and so will half the audience likely.  No audience investment, no show.

Mark has every right to be ticked off, at both the judges and the other contestants/pros.  Lindsey is an excellent dancer, but she was not a trained dancer prior to the show.  And the judges are not giving Lindsey the scores that she deserves.  If they get screwed out of the finals, I doubt we will ever see Mark on this show again, especially if they are sacrificed for Victoria.

Boo hoo.  I'm not necessarily suggesting that Lindsey is getting the scores she deserves.  Judges will always nitpick certain dancers over others and yes, I get she wasn't a trained dancer prior to the show and maybe Mark is getting tired of the fact that that narrative is being pushed.  But if he has a problem with the narrative, then he needs to take that up with TPTB as opposed to getting into it with other pros/contestants.  The narrative is driven by TPTB.  Also as someone who has done this show for close to 10 years, Mark knows how it works.  Sometimes he has been helped by TPTB shenanigans and sometimes he hasn't.  If he's going to pick up his ball and go home now, then he should go home.  I like Mark but he knows how this show works and the fairness of it.  It's just funny you never see the pros bitching when TPTB are working something in their favor against another celeb or pro.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, spanana said:

Probably because the show ratings would go right out the window with it.  You might want to see the couples judged by informed folks based on skill, but the whole sticking point of the show is that America gets to choose and America has an investment in who wins.  That will go right out the window and so will half the audience likely.  No audience investment, no show.

Well, I feel a bit differently about it, but you could very well be right.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, NeverLate said:

I don't think Mark cares what the brothers grim think, he knows they whine, he's put up with their BS for years. Mark and Derek both have. Mark is happily married and has been happy for a long time, love BC Jean. He doesn't think about Lindsay. I hear he was great in the Jersey boys, go Mark!! Great trio tonight!!!

I never said Mark wasn't happily married.  Also he never dated or had a thing with Lindsay.  Having beef or an issue with a fellow pro over something that happened in your past doesn't automatically equate to not being happy in your current life.  Whether or not Mark's comments towards Frankie have anything to do with Witney, facts are Mark and Witney used to be very close.  He was her teacher back in the day (as he taught Lindsay).  I think she was kind of his protege.  They remained super close up until after the Alfonso season.  He was very vocal in how proud he was of her that season, celebrated her win, kept posting about her, etc. Mark threw Witney her 21st bday party.   They went on tour that season post Alfonso win and since that tour they don't speak anymore.  Which is I think also partly what was so awkward for them about the whole Alexa/Carlos season since they were both partnered with the married couple.  You will also notice that Mark/Witney used to dance together all the time and rarely do anymore.

The rumor is, that I can't verify of course, is that something went down between them romantically when they were both on breaks with their previous spouses (assumingly on the tour).  Neither was married or engaged at the time.  Mark was on a break from BC at that point.  The end. 

12 hours ago, sab85 said:

I missed Terrell and Cheryl with Kelly- I was explaining to my roommate what a quarter is- but it sounds like it was hilarious.

Off topic, but you were explaining what a quarter is?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Coriandria said:

You may be right, but I feel like I've seen negative conspiracy theories about all that are left, so is Lindsey really getting it worse than anyone else?  I honestly don't think Lindsey is going to win and to be fair, I don't overly care.  Even if we play the best dancer should always win card, I think Jordan is better all around than Lindsey.  She should be in the finals of course, but her not winning is not going to be a travesty of epic proportions.

I personally just think Mark could have aimed his gripe at editing and TPTB as opposed to another contestant for no real reason.  Yes, he's defending his celeb and that part is fine.  My main gripe is that Mark of all people understands how editing works so place your fury in the direction where it needs to be placed- TPTB.

Also in terms of conspiracy theories, I've also seen theories questioning Victoria's background and injuries (and faking things for the camera). I've seen theories about Frankie faking his "aw shucks" personality and is playing a part to get him to the win.  I'm not sure if I've seen theories about Jordan faking anything, though there were people calling into question his over the top theatrics (to some people) during memorable story week and his adoption story.  I've also seen people argue they don't think Jordan's emotions are genuine and he's putting on an act for the camera.  So is Lindsey the only one getting hated on? Of course not.

• Love 3