Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

D'Andra dances a fine line between loyalty and accountability; Kameron's taste for raunchy humor resurfaces; Cary and Brandi lock horns over plastic surgery allegations; a mystery guest causes LeeAnne to be anything but quiet on the set.

26 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Why in the world does Leeann have PTSD?

Didn't she say in S1 that she'd been abused by a boyfriend?  She spoke to a group about her experience.  Maybe that's what she was referring to.  (I haven't watched the reunion yet.)

^^^The abandonment she believes she had has a child?  Orrrrrr.  Savvy enough to do what it takes to get screentime?

Stephanie. You hate LeeAnne. Stop trying to pretend otherwise. 

Also.  Brandi and you make jokes at other people's expense.   You enjoy hurting other people's feelings.  You're not nice.  

Kameron is annoying. But she's right.  She made it 1000% clear, the dildo crossed her boundries.  Brandi should have stopped. 

Jeremy is pretty hot.  I agree with that.  Meow.

So is there a police report?  Or a blog report?  If they were doing a home improvement project, as a couple, I could understand a situation that could lead to sand paper contacting a face.

I'm not justifying that.  I'm owning  (hee!) that I was part of a couple that didn't do home projects well together....

Dandra is too calm for this show.

Ooo!  LeeAnne 's threats!  

Brandi doesn't look scared in the car ride.  She looks bored. How come we didn't see screamin  and the c word....

Cary looks so tragic every time she's in the little box watching the video playbacks.  Like she's hurt and in great pain.

Yeah.  LeeAnne does shit on ya Cary.  And you shit on her.  Hers are loud and explosive.  Yours are delicate biscuits.  But you still both, shit on each other.  LeeAnne 's style is all head on and you do the side swipe drive by.

Whaaa?  Either Brandi put some weight on or the dress she's wearing in the WWHL commercial does nothing for her.

Stephanie?  Chasing someone with a dildo who tells you not to, is threatening that person. You?  Sat there and laughed at it.....and you continue to laugh about it tonight.  Just admit you hate LeeAnne. 

How DID LeeAnne have glass at a plastic stemware party?

No.  We don't want to bring Mark out.  And if you do?  Please hold him accountable for the contempt he has for a toddler. 

Sadly.  I will miss next week's reunion. I'll probably be getting a spa treatment on the cruise ship and they probably don't carry Bravo.....

Have fun ladies!

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, Jel said:

I have a lousy memory for these shows, but I can't remember any hw getting it quite so rough. It seemed like the whole show was about Leeann. 

Well, she threatens people and Andy needs to get an idea of how everyone is dealing with her - I’d refuse to film with such a sociopathic cast member.

• Love 14

I know that I should be on Cary's side in all of this because Leeann has been pretty terrible to her. But there's a smugness and a melodramatic quality to her that's difficult to take. And I don't know how she can stay married to Mark with the way he treats their daughter. I hope they talk about that in the next episode. 

The only truly likable person on this show is D'Andra. She should run off with her hot husband to the Alps. They can gather snow algae on a mountain and start their own skincare business, away from her mother. 

• Love 24

The one thing I noticed tonight that Leeann might want to look at is her constant warning to others to "Be careful.  Be verrrrry careful."  I personally think she's more talk than action, and the others are pearl-clutching for effect and the moral high ground, but in real life?  People don't like being bullied and threatened either.  I LOLd when she accused them of wanting her gone - "out of this group."  By which of course she is meaning "off the show" but can't say it :)

And where is Mark's "great respect" for Rich if he's tweeting around that her ring is fake?

• Love 16

Leanne is Fucked. She’s crazy and I’m sorry but no matter how many drugs I’ve ever been on I’ve never threatened anyone’s life. Also the only reason she is not as crazy at this reunion is cause  D’andra is there. She tried slipping in a quiet be careful and I’m glad Brandi called it out.

Also Kameron is a total jerk and thinks she’s better then Brandi cause her zip code. I’m all team Brandi and that couch. She should’ve let the dildo thing go prob..I can’t stand ppl like Kameron who look down on other ppl.  I hope she’s gone after this season she’s a joke.

I wish I could like D’andra ..her constant thinking  Leanne’s threats are ok kind of annoy me.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Marley said:

wish I could like D’andra ..her constant thinking  Leanne’s threats are ok kind of annoys me.

Yeah I get that she has been friends with Leeann for along time but that makes me question her judgement. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, princelina said:

The one thing I noticed tonight that Leeann might want to look at is her constant warning to others to "Be careful.  Be verrrrry careful."  I personally think she's more talk than action, and the others are pearl-clutching for effect and the moral high ground, but in real life?  People don't like being bullied and threatened either.  I LOLd when she accused them of wanting her gone - "out of this group."  By which of course she is meaning "off the show" but can't say it :)

And where is Mark's "great respect" for Rich if he's tweeting around that her ring is fake?

I just gotta love Cary. 

Leann:  Your husband's tweeted nasty about me.

Cary: No he hasn't.

Leann: "I know a fake boob and a fake ring when I see them." Remember?

Cary: Oh yeah, that was pretty funny.

Cary, I want to be on your side, but get the fuck out of here with that shit! You and your husband are supposedly this "medical professional" team (there's was even a point in the reunion where Cary said she was going to "take off [her] medical professional hat" for a moment). Word up Cary, you and your husband are shady, if you said the sky was blue, I'd go outside to check it for myself, and pardon me for being old-fashioned, but I really don't think the word "boob" belongs in the mouth (or on the Twitter hands) of any medical professional. They are breasts. Mark, if you're you're too immature to address my breasts, you're certainly not getting near them for any medical reason. Mark is bizarre. I don't blame any Housewife for not being willing to film with him without prior knowledge, and, judging from the exchange quoted above, Cary literally doesn't know the difference between a truth and a lie. 

If Mark deserves to get his truth out there, because he was supposedly lied about all season, what does that have to do with not letting the other ladies know in advance that he would be there? It is like apples and oranges--one has nothing to do with the other. If Eli Manning is talking crap about Dak Prescott, does that mean the team managers get together and schedule the Cowboys for a sneak game on the Giants? No...it means the teams meet to play, and if the loser was talking crap, we get to watch it re-played on ESPN ad infititum...shouldn't Bravo be more like that? If Mark is telling the truth, nothing anyone plans in advance should matter...right?

Why all the questioning of what Leeann was or was not on at her doctor, prior to the breast reconstruction surgery? I have odontophobia, and my dentist prescribes me with a medicine I know little about prior to even a cleaning! (google says it's Triazolam) if I was getting a breast lift and nipple manipulation on top one that, I would hope to be (and assume I was) on Heavy Duty Shit (although threatening people's lives is always a little weird). It's Leeann though. I just don't think that was quite the "gotcha" moment  that they were all looking for. 

Despite all the accusations flying, this reunion felt a little flat for me. Here's hoping for next time. On a shallow note, Brandi looked the best I've seen her, and I want to look like Leeann when I grow up. She is quite possibly the most beautiful Housewife ever, I think. The only ones in her league are Gizelle Bryant (RHOP), Joanna Krupa (RHOM), and honorable mention to Kristin Taekman and Luann DeLesepps (RHNYC) and Cynthia Bailey (RHOA).

i know this is not a popular opinion, but I think the worst one is actually Stephanie. Cary gets a few style points for running with the pack and giving me exciting TV. Kameron is very mildly amusing. Stephanie has not one redeemable or relatable feature with which I can identify. She is just there, and her existence seems pitiful, regardless of any wealth she may accumulate or already have. She just doesn't seem like a real person. I think she's a fembot.

• Love 22

The reason they were questioning what Leanne was on was because she was blaming her behaviour on what she took...oh that and saying Brandi was baiting  Leanne. Except they confirmed Brandi wasn’t baiting Leanne and yet none of those bitches on that couch said sorry lol.

• Love 9

Kamerons smug face sitting there the whole time ugh makes you wanna just smack her. And her hate for Brandi and EVERYTHING she does is just annoying. Defending Leeann about being on “medication” and blaming Brandi for baiting her (even after finding out from Andy that she never did) and not saying you know what I’m a  hypocrite I only have a problem with things when Brandi does it. I have never disliked a housewife more then this fake woman  

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 12

Andy mentioned he was going to be bringing A2 Live to Dallas (i have tickets) and I wanted to scream - IT'S NOT DALLAS - IT'S IRVING.... NOT DALLAS.  LOL Just like they do over who lives where on the show.  Now I work in Dallas and live in a suburb (not Irving) and in general I feel like it is fine to call the whole area Dallas or DFW and I do not have shade for anyone living anywhere and what they want to call it.  But OMG the ladies on this show have some post code pride.... 

I think D'Andra is a little embarassed for her friend LeeAnne by the way she was reacting on the sofa.   D'Andra is definitely my favorite of them all though I think Brandi and Stephanie would be super-fun to hang out with.

I do not hate Kameron but she was not convincing me of anything last night.  I think she is much prettier without that severe hair pulled back into a bun look.  She was definitely on her high horse last night!

Can't wait to hear/see what happens next week.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, princelina said:

Well, you do have to wonder how an ex-cop can afford that ring, lol. 

Brandi handled herself really well in Part 1. I don't usually like her but she made her points with no yelling, screaming or talking over anybody. Let's see if she keeps it up. 

D'Andra- I'm in awe of her trust funds. Funds, as in more than one. And one of them being for oil rights.  Damn! 

Now on a superficial note:

Loved Cary's modern beachy waves hairstyle.

What the heck was hanging off LeeAnn's ears?

Stephanie's dress looked like something my granny would wear. It made her boobs look saggy, too. 

Kameron's hair pulled tightly in to that ponytail. Honey, you don't have the face for that. 

• Love 6

Xanax is a sedative and even though medications do affect people differently, it is very doubtful Leeann would become enraged and angry from taking one. She will say anything to rationalize her unacceptable behavior. I bet she was warned by production that violent outbursts will not be tolerated- she mentioned a big bodyguard as she was storming off the set. Leeann is definitely getting a tough edit, but she brought it all on herself. I find her pathetic, and question D'Andra's judgment for maintaining a long friendship with such a negative, deranged person. 

Best makeup award goes to Cary and Leeann. 

OMG- is Kameron truly that affected in real life? She is either the best savvy actress, or the strangest woman ever. 

I wonder if Mark threatened Bravo with legal action if they didn't allow him to do damage control on his reputation? 

• Love 12

I tend to think LeAnne is all bluster. I believe she makes these threats to sound tough, but would never actually do what she says. That being said, that doesn't mean other people should feel comfortable being around her and her refusal to accept that it's a real problem is why I just can't with her. 

Kameron is such a snob and I can't stand her. I don't see how Miss Etiquette can be cool with the shit LeeAnne pulls. 

Stephanie is boring. 

Cary is a snake, but her new hair looks great on her. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Pickles said:

Who knows, she's just throwing it out there to see if it sticks-, stupid woman. I loved Careys shorter hair. Kameron, ugh

D'Andra-she is still my fave. 

• Love 5

So refreshing not to see Brandi with the black hole sun eye makeup. (She looked good on WWHL, too.) Also, I echo the props for Cary's shorter 'do.

If the incident involving a knife and sandpaper never happened, then why was there a formal charge/complaint made?

Xanax is a sedative and even though medications do affect people differently, it is very doubtful Leeann would become enraged and angry from taking one.

Yeah, it's just as likely it was a case of in vino droga veritas.

I'm guessing "Her husband gets his dick sucked at the Round-Up" - one of the best HW quotes ever - will be shown and addressed next week?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, DFWGina said:

Andy mentioned he was going to be bringing A2 Live to Dallas (i have tickets) and I wanted to scream - IT'S NOT DALLAS - IT'S IRVING.... NOT DALLAS.  LOL Just like they do over who lives where on the show.  Now I work in Dallas and live in a suburb (not Irving) and in general I feel like it is fine to call the whole area Dallas or DFW and I do not have shade for anyone living anywhere and what they want to call it.  But OMG the ladies on this show have some post code pride.... 

I think D'Andra is a little embarassed for her friend LeeAnne by the way she was reacting on the sofa.   D'Andra is definitely my favorite of them all though I think Brandi and Stephanie would be super-fun to hang out with.

I do not hate Kameron but she was not convincing me of anything last night.  I think she is much prettier without that severe hair pulled back into a bun look.  She was definitely on her high horse last night!

Can't wait to hear/see what happens next week.

Does the high horse live in Dallas so it can be part of Dallas society?  

11 hours ago, N. Bluth said:

I just gotta love Cary. 

Leann:  Your husband's tweeted nasty about me.

Cary: No he hasn't.

Leann: "I know a fake boob and a fake ring when I see them." Remember?

Cary: Oh yeah, that was pretty funny.

Cary, I want to be on your side, but get the fuck out of here with that shit! You and your husband are supposedly this "medical professional" team (there's was even a point in the reunion where Cary said she was going to "take off [her] medical professional hat" for a moment). Word up Cary, you and your husband are shady, if you said the sky was blue, I'd go outside to check it for myself, and pardon me for being old-fashioned, but I really don't think the word "boob" belongs in the mouth (or on the Twitter hands) of any medical professional. They are breasts. Mark, if you're you're too immature to address my breasts, you're certainly not getting near them for any medical reason. Mark is bizarre. I don't blame any Housewife for not being willing to film with him without prior knowledge, and, judging from the exchange quoted above, Cary literally doesn't know the difference between a truth and a lie. 

If Mark deserves to get his truth out there, because he was supposedly lied about all season, what does that have to do with not letting the other ladies know in advance that he would be there? It is like apples and oranges--one has nothing to do with the other. If Eli Manning is talking crap about Dak Prescott, does that mean the team managers get together and schedule the Cowboys for a sneak game on the Giants? No...it means the teams meet to play, and if the loser was talking crap, we get to watch it re-played on ESPN ad infititum...shouldn't Bravo be more like that? If Mark is telling the truth, nothing anyone plans in advance should matter...right?

Why all the questioning of what Leeann was or was not on at her doctor, prior to the breast reconstruction surgery? I have odontophobia, and my dentist prescribes me with a medicine I know little about prior to even a cleaning! (google says it's Triazolam) if I was getting a breast lift and nipple manipulation on top one that, I would hope to be (and assume I was) on Heavy Duty Shit (although threatening people's lives is always a little weird). It's Leeann though. I just don't think that was quite the "gotcha" moment  that they were all looking for. 

Despite all the accusations flying, this reunion felt a little flat for me. Here's hoping for next time. On a shallow note, Brandi looked the best I've seen her, and I want to look like Leeann when I grow up. She is quite possibly the most beautiful Housewife ever, I think. The only ones in her league are Gizelle Bryant (RHOP), Joanna Krupa (RHOM), and honorable mention to Kristin Taekman and Luann DeLesepps (RHNYC) and Cynthia Bailey (RHOA).

i know this is not a popular opinion, but I think the worst one is actually Stephanie. Cary gets a few style points for running with the pack and giving me exciting TV. Kameron is very mildly amusing. Stephanie has not one redeemable or relatable feature with which I can identify. She is just there, and her existence seems pitiful, regardless of any wealth she may accumulate or already have. She just doesn't seem like a real person. I think she's a fembot.

I loved Cary's DGAF attitude in that exchange over the tweet, even if it was totally an act.

Mark coming out as a surprise shouldn't be a surprise to anyone because Andy loves doing that type of shit.  I think there's a surprise guest on at least 75% of the reunions.  If you can talk about him getting his dick sucked at the Round Up on national TV, you should be able to face him at the reunion and you should have prepared for it happening without needing advanced warning.  Plus, what's he going to do?  Be calm and talk logically like he did at that party?  He's not going to rampage across the set and assault Leanne with sandpaper, that's more her MO. 

This whole Round Up dick sucking situation is so ridiculous.  I hope it is all they talk about next week.  I hope the manager of the Round Up that says there's no dick sucking in his fine establishment and if that's what you're after you should try going somewhere else is another surprise guest.  

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, MinorL said:

LeeAnne is a mess, and there's no excuse for her behavior. That said, I'd rather hang out with her than Cary. Cary gives me the creeps. 

I dont trust LeeAnn , or her mood swings, I think she really is unstable. No to hanging out with either pf them, but Ill take Cary over cray cray Leeann , PTSD and all.

This whole Round Up dick sucking situation is so ridiculous.  I hope it is all they talk about next week.  I hope the manager of the Round Up that says there's no dick sucking in his fine establishment and if that's what you're after you should try going somewhere else is another surprise guest.  

I hope it makes LeeAnne squirm!!

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Important that Stephanie and Brandi pointed out how LeeAnne makes her worst threats off camera - she is aware and strategic about it; big red flag. 

Other red flag is that she had an entire scenario where Brandi had to have baited her to make these threats even though she claims not to remember and it' a pattern with her. She is delusional if she thinks she owns her shit, the ladies were right there is always an excuse.

Kameron made me want to vomit with her saying she chooses to live in a bubble of her rich white privilege.

• Love 12
On 11/6/2017 at 9:19 PM, Pickles said:

On 11/6/2017 at 9:57 PM, jaybird2 said:

her childhood

I'd wager there are more people with PTSD or some variant than there are those that don't.  I grew up in a family with a shrew of a mother and an ass of a father (and a drinker).  The tension in the house was so thick you could cut it with a knife...I recall hiding a lot just to get away from the fighting or the cold air or whatever it was.   My sister thinks we all have PTSD.

This Ted Talk is profound:

www.ted.com/talks/nadine_burke_harris_how_childhood_trauma_affects_health_across_a_lifetime

To walk away form a challenging childhood into adulthood unscathed seems like it would be rare.  Using our family as an example, there are 3 kids and only one landed on her feet in a really good and healthy way (and it ain't me).  That makes 1 out of 3.  

Up to a certain point, I can't begrudge people for dealing with lingering childhood demons.   It's all too relative and all too real for those who suffer. 

Leanne, however, has awareness of her situation and the resources to deal with it - which is more than most.  Armed with these two things, I agree with Deandra that it's time to stop making it an excuse - at least to the degree it impacts others, and particularly when it results in threatening behavior toward others.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Does the high horse live in Dallas so it can be part of Dallas society?  

I loved Cary's DGAF attitude in that exchange over the tweet, even if it was totally an act.

Mark coming out as a surprise shouldn't be a surprise to anyone because Andy loves doing that type of shit.  I think there's a surprise guest on at least 75% of the reunions.  If you can talk about him getting his dick sucked at the Round Up on national TV, you should be able to face him at the reunion and you should have prepared for it happening without needing advanced warning.  Plus, what's he going to do?  Be calm and talk logically like he did at that party?  He's not going to rampage across the set and assault Leanne with sandpaper, that's more her MO. 

Yeah, the more evidence we have on the reunions to lend credence to or cast dispersions on rumors and innuendo, the better. Bring em all on. Not sure they would be swelling with pride to talk about Mark's misadventures, but there you go.

Where I don't agree is bringing out Mark when this was supposedly a "closed set." That was Leeann's stated reason for leaving, and that was what produced the bickering between D'Andra and Cary at the end. After Leeann walked off, Cary was flipping out--I mean, RHOC "DIS-GUS-TED" levels--that D'Andra would have the gall to say she--D'Andra--had no problem with Mark being there, but that "[she] just wished it would have been told to us," because "this is a closed set."

Not cool at all, and does not comport with traditional notions of fair play and substantial justice. I am not aware of Andy bringing surprise guests to reunions when the "talent" had heretofore agreed to a close door set. Since we're putting the "surprise guest" figure at 75%, can I get an example of two times when an adult has been physically brought onto a Housewives reunion in this closed set fashion? 

My take:

We have to have a fundamental set of rules from which we're all playing at these reunions (and by "we," I mean Bravo people, not us posters), or it's just not fun to watch. I want to learn what really happened, and I want both sides to be as adequately prepared as possible, because I think that's our best chance at getting the truth. Everyone should have been told of everyone who was potentially coming--a witness list, if you will--so that they could alll be prepared with their best evidence (and Andy does allow evidence, which he allowed Jim Marchese to produce at the RHNJ reunion, but no props. Never ever any props. Lol)

• Love 5

Be verrrrry careful with this "we don't feel safe" claims Cowgals. This is obviously The LeeAnn Locken Show and remember Porsha Stewart actually drug Kenya Moore by the head with no repercussions.

I like this cast, just bored with the story lines and like everyone that's viewed an Andy Cohen Reunion lol, would love for him to zero in on how horrible Sandra was to her stepson, or how the good Dr. treats his daughter etc.

Brandi is just ridiculous. I think her and Stephani had this flip planned from jump.

• Love 3

I have no problem with Kameron living in a bubble.  I found out a long time ago to not watch/read things that I know will upset me and can't do anything about. 

You can't take on all the world's problems.  Sometimes ignorance really IS bliss.

• Love 7

In repose,  when she isn't thinking about being cute, which almost never happens,  Kameron is stunningly beautiful.  Literally until she starts moving her mouth,  her expressions make her look really,  really, stupid and goofy. She is poster child for the inside making the outside ugly. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Well, you do have to wonder how an ex-cop can afford that ring, lol. 

Oh I think the ring is tacky and could easily be fake - but I'm not Rich's "friend" tweeting it for all of "Dallas society" to see :)

7 hours ago, jaync said:

I'm guessing "Her husband gets his dick sucked at the Round-Up" - one of the best HW quotes ever - will be shown and addressed next week?

It better be!!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, N. Bluth said:

Yeah, the more evidence we have on the reunions to lend credence to or cast dispersions on rumors and innuendo, the better. Bring em all on. Not sure they would be swelling with pride to talk about Mark's misadventures, but there you go.

Where I don't agree is bringing out Mark when this was supposedly a "closed set." That was Leeann's stated reason for leaving, and that was what produced the bickering between D'Andra and Cary at the end. After Leeann walked off, Cary was flipping out--I mean, RHOC "DIS-GUS-TED" levels--that D'Andra would have the gall to say she--D'Andra--had no problem with Mark being there, but that "[she] just wished it would have been told to us," because "this is a closed set."

Not cool at all, and does not comport with traditional notions of fair play and substantial justice. I am not aware of Andy bringing surprise guests to reunions when the "talent" had heretofore agreed to a close door set. Since we're putting the "surprise guest" figure at 75%, can I get an example of two times when an adult has been physically brought onto a Housewives reunion in this closed set fashion? 

My take:

We have to have a fundamental set of rules from which we're all playing at these reunions (and by "we," I mean Bravo people, not us posters), or it's just not fun to watch. I want to learn what really happened, and I want both sides to be as adequately prepared as possible, because I think that's our best chance at getting the truth. Everyone should have been told of everyone who was potentially coming--a witness list, if you will--so that they could alll be prepared with their best evidence (and Andy does allow evidence, which he allowed Jim Marchese to produce at the RHNJ reunion, but no props. Never ever any props. Lol)

Give me any example of a reunion in any of the other cities being a closed set.  That's just such a ridiculous notion.  When Leanne says "This is a closed set" Andy responds with "Oh, is that what we're doing now?"  Having a witness list is also ridiculous.  This is a housewives reunion, not a court of law.  Should we also allow them lawyers and opening and closing statements?

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Give me any example of a reunion in any of the other cities being a closed set.  That's just such a ridiculous notion.  When Leanne says "This is a closed set" Andy responds with "Oh, is that what we're doing now?"  Having a witness list is also ridiculous.  This is a housewives reunion, not a court of law.  Should we also allow them lawyers and opening and closing statements?

There is no example of which I am aware regarding closed Housewife sets for reunions, save for the one currently before us. See--question asked, question answered. 

It appears you  are contesting the validity of the closed set, so I will set that aside for now. I will cheerfully address that in a later post, but first I am returning to your assertion that Andy's surprise guest percentages are at a rate of "at least" 75% for reunions. I respectfully request that you back up your assertion about these 75% of "surprise guests" that are appearing on reunions these days. I'll even throw in a memory jogger: I do recall Phaedra's son Dillon running onto the set and saying a few cute things about two years ago on RHOA. Are there two examples of an adult physically appearing as a surprise guest at a reunion that you can name?

Is it too courtroom-esque to say the jury is out?

Edited by N. Bluth
Edited cause grammar
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

The girls/women like Leanne are generally all talk no action.  They tend to lash out verbally because they are deeply insecure and afraid of the other girls/women. 

I totally agree with this, and I think it explains how she's so compatible with D'Andra, who is IMO the most respectable, but also a little...bossy? Overbearing? She has LeeAnne's number and keeps her in her place. And LeeAnne needs D'Andra, so she allows it. They're kind of like mother & daughter. 

So the bit about Cary saying that Brandi's plastic surgeon kills people on the table is the snooziest non-scandal ever, except I totally think that was brought up on camera to hurt Cary & Mark's reputation, right? Brandi & LeeAnne know it would look terrible if Cary & Mark were trashing another surgeon and colleague, and Cary can obviously never admit to having said that on TV. I think Brandi comes off as very manipulative, unhappy and bitter. I hope I'm wrong, because that's sad, but she does seem like a sad little clown.

• Love 3

I don't like watching one person get ganged up on when it comes to these shows, even if I don't happen to particularly like that person (i.e., LeeAnne). D'andra is really the only one who has remained unproblematic IMO, the rest can STFU and sit down.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, N. Bluth said:

My take:

I take "closed set" to mean that they can't bring outsiders (people not filmed), not that no husband/SO is allowed. Every HW knows that husbands/SO often appear on the reunions, be it all of them or just 1 and LeAnne full well knows this.

• Love 4

I feel like Brandi, Cary and Stephanie claiming they're scared and uncomfortable around Leanne is just as much of a convenient excuse as Leanne always bringing up her childhood. I don't want to diminish whatever experiences Leanne went through as a child but she's never going to overcome them as an adult if she constantly uses it as a crutch to explain away her behaviour. Similarly, I don't want to diminish the crazy that Leanne brings when she's angry because I wouldn't be surprised if people feel uncomfortable around her because of it, HOWEVER, Leanne doesn't provoke, she reacts. Her pattern of behaviour includes anger, lash out, threats and then absolutely nothing. The women have been witness to this enough times to know that they aren't in real danger around Leanne. They incite but they can rely on Leanne's outbursts to take up all the spotlight so they never have to answer for their behaviour. They all shit on each other but they play the victim each time and never own their own shit because they simply don't like Leanne and that's that. Leanne is the only one threatening lives, but she's not the only one that's downright nasty. Brandi has no room to talk because she's right up there. Brandi consistently makes jokes at other people's expense with no respect for boundaries and then she apologizes in a way that puts it on the other person for being too uptight and not being 'funny like Brandi' when really it's her way of provoking people. 

I wish someone would have told Cary that if she wants to feature her husband as a part-time wife on the show then she shouldn't expect that people will keep him off limits. May not be fair but that has been the pattern - involved and heavily featured husbands always end up in the fray of main storyline drama. And yes, I do think it is the other women's business to KNOW if one or a select group of husbands will be at the show. The show doesn't require their approval but it's nice information to share so that the women aren't caught off guard. Its' a show about HOUSEWIVES...why wouldn't non-HW main cast not be identified before filming starts?

Leanne likely has nothing to substantiate what she said and knows that she'll be called out for it. I get feeling blindsided about having to confront someone who isn't officially part of the show but at the end of the day, if she wants to keep her spot she's gonna have to suck it up and deal with it. Again, having husbands featured isn't uncommon...though I'm not sure if the other women are made aware when it's just one or two guys that are showing up to set for filming. 

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, N. Bluth said:

There is no example of which I am aware regarding closed Housewife sets for reunions, save for the one currently before us. See--question asked, question answered. 

It appears you  are contesting the validity of the closed set, so I will set that aside for now. I will cheerfully address that in a later post, but first I am returning to your assertion that Andy's surprise guest percentages are at a rate of "at least" 75% for reunions. I respectfully request that you back up your assertion about these 75% of "surprise guests" that are appearing on reunions these days. I'll even throw in a memory jogger: I do recall Phaedra's son Dillon running onto the set and saying a few cute things about two years ago on RHOA. Are there two examples of an adult physically appearing as a surprise guest at a reunion that you can name?

Is it too courtroom-esque to say the jury is out?

Andy has included husbands, SO and FOH on most of the HW show reunions. Also, Andy doesn't let the HWs say who can/can not be on the reunions, that decision is up to him. Ken Todd has been the lone husband on a BH reunion, Mark was on the reunion last season, PK was the only husband on the BH reunion last season, Apollo was on the Atl. reunion a couple of seasons ago as the lone husband, Brooks was the lone SO on the OC a few times, it has happened on most, if not all of the HW show reunions. LeeAnne is trying to deflect her own ugly behavior/lies by claiming the "set was supposed to be closed", its a smoke and mirrors act so that you forget that she was the aggressor when it came to Mark.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, RedInk said:

I totally agree with this, and I think it explains how she's so compatible with D'Andra, who is IMO the most respectable, but also a little...bossy? Overbearing? She has LeeAnne's number and keeps her in her place. And LeeAnne needs D'Andra, so she allows it. They're kind of like mother & daughter. 

So the bit about Cary saying that Brandi's plastic surgeon kills people on the table is the snooziest non-scandal ever, except I totally think that was brought up on camera to hurt Cary & Mark's reputation, right? Brandi & LeeAnne know it would look terrible if Cary & Mark were trashing another surgeon and colleague, and Cary can obviously never admit to having said that on TV. I think Brandi comes off as very manipulative, unhappy and bitter. I hope I'm wrong, because that's sad, but she does seem like a sad little clown.

I don't know if how long they've been friends has something to do with it as well but I do see their friendship as proof that Leanne's anger toward criticism or confrontation isn't about the words, but rather the intent. She took every bit of criticism that D'Andra dished out and it's clearly because it didn't make her feel insecure or feel the needed to get defensive. It's not excuse for the way she uses her words but I think it's a valid point that Leanne doesn't react well to the other women because she knows that they're trying to provoke her. And I say that at the risk of sounding like a Leanne apologist but I'm most certainly not, lol. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I feel like Brandi, Cary and Stephanie claiming they're scared and uncomfortable around Leanne is just as much of a convenient excuse as Leanne always bringing up her childhood. I don't want to diminish whatever experiences Leanne went through as a child but she's never going to overcome them as an adult if she constantly uses it as a crutch to explain away her behaviour. Similarly, I don't want to diminish the crazy that Leanne brings when she's angry because I wouldn't be surprised if people feel uncomfortable around her because of it, HOWEVER, Leanne doesn't provoke, she reacts. Her pattern of behaviour includes anger, lash out, threats and then absolutely nothing. The women have been witness to this enough times to know that they aren't in real danger around Leanne. They incite but they can rely on Leanne's outbursts to take up all the spotlight so they never have to answer for their behaviour. They all shit on each other but they play the victim each time and never own their own shit because they simply don't like Leanne and that's that. Leanne is the only one threatening lives, but she's not the only one that's downright nasty. Brandi has no room to talk because she's right up there. Brandi consistently makes jokes at other people's expense with no respect for boundaries and then she apologizes in a way that puts it on the other person for being too uptight and not being 'funny like Brandi' when really it's her way of provoking people. 

I wish someone would have told Cary that if she wants to feature her husband as a part-time wife on the show then she shouldn't expect that people will keep him off limits. May not be fair but that has been the pattern - involved and heavily featured husbands always end up in the fray of main storyline drama. And yes, I do think it is the other women's business to KNOW if one or a select group of husbands will be at the show. The show doesn't require their approval but it's nice information to share so that the women aren't caught off guard. Its' a show about HOUSEWIVES...why wouldn't non-HW main cast not be identified before filming starts?

Leanne likely has nothing to substantiate what she said and knows that she'll be called out for it. I get feeling blindsided about having to confront someone who isn't officially part of the show but at the end of the day, if she wants to keep her spot she's gonna have to suck it up and deal with it. Again, having husbands featured isn't uncommon...though I'm not sure if the other women are made aware when it's just one or two guys that are showing up to set for filming. 

Mark was on last years reunion and he was the only husband on as well! LeaAnne went at him even harder this season, she knew that more likely than not, he would be back again this reunion. 

• Love 5
Just now, WireWrap said:

Mark was on last years reunion and he was the only husband on as well! LeaAnne went at him even harder this season, she knew that more likely than not, he would be back again this reunion. 

Just because it's happened before doesn't give us any context for how that information is/was usually relayed to the women before the filming takes place. If there is a protocol in place which production deviated from this year, then in that context it would be understandable why Leanne felt blindsided by Mark's appearance. If last year they said 'this is a closed so here's a list of special guests that will be filmed' and then this year they say 'this is a closed set' and then offered no other information only to have special guests show up...I do consider that a set up to blindside Leanne. That's not to say that Mark doesn't deserve to confront those comments on a public platform (the same way that gossip was shared about him in a public way) but assuming the possibility that production deviated from how they usually manage these situations, I would say that it was done so intentionally in order to get a reaction out of Leanne. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Just because it's happened before doesn't give us any context for how that information is/was usually relayed to the women before the filming takes place. If there is a protocol in place which production deviated from this year, then in that context it would be understandable why Leanne felt blindsided by Mark's appearance. If last year they said 'this is a closed so here's a list of special guests that will be filmed' and then this year they say 'this is a closed set' and then offered no other information only to have special guests show up...I do consider that a set up to blindside Leanne. That's not to say that Mark doesn't deserve to confront those comments on a public platform (the same way that gossip was shared about him in a public way) but assuming the possibility that production deviated from how they usually manage these situations, I would say that it was done so intentionally in order to get a reaction out of Leanne. 

Andy has done this numerous times, having a husband/SO/FOH on a reunion that no one expected and without a doubt, LeeAnne knows this. Just the look on Andy's face says it all, it is his show and he can have who he wants on it without any HW permission. What difference would it have made had LeeAnne known before hand? Her story shouldn't change if she is telling the truth to begin with, which she isn't IMO and that is why she is upset. Again. Mark was on  the last reunion and LeeAnne wasn't consulted about it back then either. 

• Love 10