Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Monsters – Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

halgia
  • Start Topic

"Morality proves tricky during wartime."  Great.  I'm sure it won't be like morality proving tricky with Russell, Woodbury, Terminus, Grady Hospital, Alexandria, the Wolves, or other encounters with the Saviors.  

• Love 5

From the title, I was hoping it was going to be an episode where they dress up as monsters and infiltrate Negan's Halloween party. Rick would be a wolfman, Coral would be a mummy (with bandaging over the hat to try to hide it,) Heath would be The Invisible Man, Tara would be a ghost eating Twizzlers, and Daryl would be Cousin It.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, CletusMusashi said:

From the title, I was hoping it was going to be an episode where they dress up as monsters and infiltrate Negan's Halloween party. Rick would be a wolfman, Coral would be a mummy (with bandaging over the hat to try to hide it,) Heath would be The Invisible Man, Tara would be a ghost eating Twizzlers, and Daryl would be Cousin It.

Would be...?

;>

• Love 7
21 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

Oh, please! A mummy with a cowboy hat? Cousin It? I wouldn't even have to get inebriated to watch that. And stop saying "Twizzlers." Now I'm craving them again.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

Oh please let this happen.

Shiva would show up dressed as a lion.  Zeke would be, "Huh?"  Shiva, "I wanted a change.  Besides my lion's mane looks a hell of a lot better than that thing on your head."

Morality proves tricky in wartime?  Really?  Morality can prove tricky all the time.  There are thousands of people who did horrible things all believing they were completely in the right and justified for doing so.

If this means, the idiots might actually kill the Saviors they took prisoners so what?  What did they think they were going to have to do when they declared war on the Saviors?

• Love 8

A young woman in my office dressed up as Negan on Halloween. As much as I hate his character, I had to appreciate her costume. She looked great.

So after my multiple power outages during the first half of the show, it went out for good during TTD. And it fried my cable box! I got a new one and am setting it up right now.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CletusMusashi said:

I swear that annoyingly frantic rave music they play whenever Chris Hardwick has to stop talking for thirty seconds gets louder every single season

Maybe I'm missing something good (Yar!) but I've never watched a second of that or heard the rave music. I can't get past that little twit, his professionally tousled locks, tiny little suit and his screeching. All my favorite shows throughout the last 10 or so years, and granted there haven't been many, were on HBO or SHO and none had some aftershow where what happened needed explanation. It was assumed the audience would know what was going on, either because we were smart enough to figure it out (and if we weren't, then tough) or because the script wasn't such an appalling, amateurish mess that no one could understand without a PowerPoint presentation. May it's just me, but seeing someone who was killed on the show that night, sitting there beautifully dressed, smiling happily  and professionally made up to explain in words of one syllable what I had just watched may have taken away from my appreciation of whatever happened on that episode.

• Love 4

I skipped it the last two weeks and didn’t miss it at all. I felt vaguely disloyal the first week but, last week, not a twinge. I don’t plan on watching it this week either unless it’s to say goodbye to Jeffrey Dean Morgan. I’ll stay up for that! Like the actor, but Negan not even a little.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Red Fields said:

A young woman in my office dressed up as Negan on Halloween. As much as I hate his character, I had to appreciate her costume. She looked great.

So after my multiple power outages during the first half of the show, it went out for good during TTD. And it fried my cable box! I got a new one and am setting it up right now.

We lost our power at midnight (Sunday) and didn't get it back til Friday so I feel your pain. I've been trying to steal a little time to catch my other shows on demand. (Ghost Wars, most of The Exorcist, etc) But at least I saw all of TWD for what it was worth:) 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Red Fields said:

Pictures, or it didn't happen.  :>

• Love 5
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Maybe I'm missing something good (Yar!) but I've never watched a second of that or heard the rave music. I can't get past that little twit, his professionally tousled locks, tiny little suit and his screeching. All my favorite shows throughout the last 10 or so years, and granted there haven't been many, were on HBO or SHO and none had some aftershow where what happened needed explanation. It was assumed the audience would know what was going on, either because we were smart enough to figure it out (and if we weren't, then tough) or because the script wasn't such an appalling, amateurish mess that no one could understand without a PowerPoint presentation. May it's just me, but seeing someone who was killed on the show that night, sitting there beautifully dressed, smiling happily  and professionally made up to explain in words of one syllable what I had just watched may have taken away from my appreciation of whatever happened on that episode.

Don’t forget the beard he acquired last season.

I used to really enjoy the show, but watching Hardwick continue to gush when WD no longer merits it, well, I find that puke worthy.

31 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

We lost our power at midnight (Sunday) and didn't get it back til Friday so I feel your pain. I've been trying to steal a little time to catch my other shows on demand. (Ghost Wars, most of The Exorcist, etc) But at least I saw all of TWD for what it was worth:) 

I missed the first half of WD last week so I watched it this morning. I noticed that Carol’s group had neon orange ties around their arms, while Rick’s group had white ones.  I guess they need help figuring out who’s who as much as we do.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Red Fields said:

Don’t forget the beard he acquired last season.

Is it drawn on? I guess he's trying to emulate Rick.  Good luck with that. Sometimes at the end of an episode, I sit in a stupor wondering, "WTF did I just watch?" but then the Pipsqueak appears and I'm instantly roused from my daze, finger frantically hitting the Off button.

• Love 2
Just now, Irishmaple said:

Shiva’s getting jealous. Her man is roaming.

It would have been hilarious if Shiva attacked Ezekiel right then :D

However, I like Ezekiel, he can stay.

No, AMC, I'm not watching "Ride with Norman".  I watched about 10 min last year and was bored, and I like Norman and traveling.

Oh, hey, Morales again.  He and Rick are going to talk intensely to each other.

• Love 7
Just now, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Why is Morales squinting like Clint Eastwood?

Shit, you're right.  I remember Morales being kinda low key, guess he got over that.

oops, more shooting.  War is hell.