Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: The Proton Regeneration

On 11/3/2017 at 10:00 AM, AnnaRose said:

I agree.  Although I was a little surprised that they wouldn't at least wait until after their second child was actually born. 

I made sure I popped that second kid out before my husband went in for his vasectomy. God forbid anything happened. He also had a rough first couple days, but I don't remember my husband being quite so...delicate. The peas were a nice touch though.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Arynm said:

I made sure I popped that second kid out before my husband went in for his vasectomy. God forbid anything happened. He also had a rough first couple days, but I don't remember my husband being quite so...delicate. The peas were a nice touch though.

I think people are forgetting that Howard is the only son of a single mother who cossetted and over-protected him. Even if the pain wasn't all that bad he'd likely act as though it was.

• Love 5

There have been ads saying that March is a great time to get a vasectomy, at least for fans of college basketball. A man can sit with his ice pack and watch NCAA March Madness for days.

• Love 2
On 11/3/2017 at 1:39 AM, rmontro said:

That baby sounded so bizarre I thought Penny was saying "Mama" to try to trick Bernadette.  Didn't sound like a real baby at all.

On 11/3/2017 at 1:55 AM, rmontro said:

I actually think Halley was supposed to be the one saying "Mama", it just sounded so strange it crossed my mind that Penny was saying it.  Maybe this will be followed up on later and we'll find out for sure.

They credited Pamela Adlon for the baby's voice. She provided the voice of Bobby Hill on King of the Hill.

• Love 4
On November 2, 2017 at 8:40 PM, BooksRule said:

I'm interested in seeing if they work Wheaton's 'New Professor Proton' scenes in here and there.

I really hope so. There's too many fun plot ideas for them not to. 

On November 3, 2017 at 1:39 AM, rmontro said:

The Howard/Bernadette scenes almost seemed like a separate series, The Howard and Bernadette Show.  That baby sounded so bizarre I thought Penny was saying "Mama" to try to trick Bernadette.  Didn't sound like a real baby at all.

I get that they have seven main cast members and that it's really hard to have all of them in a scene together because it makes getting proper coverage a nightmare, but I don't understand why they have to divide them up the way they do. It shouldn't feel like Howard and Bernadette are off on their own show. It would be nice if they could mix up the pairings/groupings a little more often. 

On November 3, 2017 at 2:49 AM, Traveller519 said:

I think Wil is going to come to Sheldon down the road as a technical consultant/producer for the show, utilizing both of their talents properly.

I think it would be funnier if he asked Amy to be a technical consultant, because who wants to work with Sheldon if they don't have to? 

On November 3, 2017 at 8:50 AM, ChitChat said:

Maybe they could eventually hire Penny in some capacity, thus keeping her acting dream alive.  She and Wil worked together before on the ape movie and had good chemistry. 

Penny as his assistant would be funny, but it depends on how they do it. I would find it kind of sexist if they did a version of the dumb blonde girl who needs things explained to her. If they passed her off as a lab assistant or some kind of scientist in training, I'd be okay with that. 

On November 3, 2017 at 10:17 AM, eurekagirl mOo said:

I was really hoping for PENNY to be the new Dr. Proton. She wants back in acting..she's pretty..heck we have a female Dr. Who coming up in December after 50 years! 

I thought it would be really funny if it had been Amy. Where I thought the episode was going was that Amy would be part of the audition tape, and the people casting liked Amy better. The words I pictured them using to explain their choice would have been "approachable,"  "normal," and "average," plus they liked the idea of girls watching and seeing a version of themselves as the host/lead.  

On November 3, 2017 at 3:44 PM, Katy M said:

I was wondering about that the week when he and Sheldon were going to launch the rocket and he said at NASA they crushed peanuts all over the floor. 

We know Howard gets sick if he eats peanuts but do we know he can't be in the same room with them without being sick? 

On November 3, 2017 at 7:06 PM, MissLucas said:

I like snarky Wheaton - call it residual 'Chaos' love. They'll probably hash it out over the season but it will provide the show with a good sub-plot. 

Is "Chaos" a reference to Leverage? I came to that series after it ended but I throughly enjoyed it. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

Penny as his assistant would be funny, but it depends on how they do it. I would find it kind of sexist if they did a version of the dumb blonde girl who needs things explained to her. If they passed her off as a lab assistant or some kind of scientist in training, I'd be okay with that.

When it was mentioned above, I was picturing the new Prof. Proton having Penny on playing the role of another scientist.  None of those lesser roles even occurred to me.  Penny was very good and memorizing and repeating science-speak back when she was trying to learn about physics.  Plus she has those glasses that make her look really smart. :) 

Edited by AnnaRose
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

Is "Chaos" a reference to Leverage? I came to that series after it ended but I throughly enjoyed it. 

Yes, "Chaos" was the handle of the evil hacker who was Hardison's antagonist. Wheaton was having a field day with the character.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

I get that they have seven main cast members and that it's really hard to have all of them in a scene together because it makes getting proper coverage a nightmare, but I don't understand why they have to divide them up the way they do. It shouldn't feel like Howard and Bernadette are off on their own show. It would be nice if they could mix up the pairings/groupings a little more often. 

I actually think it's kind of brilliant that Howard and Bernadette are generally in their own story. Because that's exactly what happens in a group like this to the first couple that has kids. Kids change everything. Personally I think we see more of them with the group then we ought to.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Personally I think we see more of them with the group then we ought to.

Yep!  I mean good for them if they can keep up jobs, a small baby and a social life but that's not the way it usually is!

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 5:16 PM, CherryAmes said:

I'm so confused now!  So first she has at least one nephew, fast forward a few years and there are no grandchildren, fast forward a few more years and there's at least one grandchild again!!  It's almost like the writers don't have back stories for the characters and write whatever works for each episode - we should start a thread for "back story inconsistencies".

Since I'm now totally convinced we'll never learn Penny's last name, or I guess perhaps maiden name now, messing with her family history somehow doesn't bother me. Somehow it fits.  There's a great blooper where Leonard asks her what her last name is and she whines back "I don't know!" 

• Love 4

Penny's sister likely didn't have children when her father was first introduced and claimed "he'd like grandchildren before he died".  When he claimed he couldn't walk her sister down the aisle several seasons ago because he water broke, that likely happened sometime in between the two. 

It's obvious to me 

On November 5, 2017 at 0:26 AM, AnnaRose said:

When it was mentioned above, I was picturing the new Prof. Proton having Penny on playing the role of another scientist.  None of those lesser roles even occurred to me.  Penny was very good and memorizing and repeating science-speak back when she was trying to learn about physics.  Plus she has those glasses that make her look really smart. :) 

Your idea is wonderful. I didn't fully understand what you meant. I could totally see it happening for multiple reasons. Wheaton is a big enough star that the new Professor Proton showrunners would want to keep him happy within reason. Hiring Penny would fall into that category. Wheaton would do it because he likes her and wants to help out a friend. It would also drive Sheldon crazy which for Wheaton would be another good reason to do it. 

Edited by Sarah 103
  • Love 4

Why would Penny even want to be Professor Proton?  Unless I missed it she never expressed any interest in trying out for the part.  I could see her appearing on the show if Will Wheaton asked her to but not because she thought of it as any great move forward in her acting career.   

• Love 3
On 11/4/2017 at 9:41 AM, welnoc said:

I think people are forgetting that Howard is the only son of a single mother who cossetted and over-protected him. Even if the pain wasn't all that bad he'd likely act as though it was.

Didn't Howard make some comment about how he was Jewish, so would be making a big deal out of it?

• Love 4
On 11/4/2017 at 11:10 PM, Sarah 103 said:

We know Howard gets sick if he eats peanuts but do we know he can't be in the same room with them without being sick? 

He's never had a problem with the peanut sauce Leonard and Sheldon have on their Chinese food (extra on Sheldon's) or the peanuts in bars; he even suggested going to a country bar.

• Love 2
On 11/3/2017 at 4:15 PM, Sile said:

Howard was making a joke.  Like,  "I'm in the shit already, let's just go ahead and finish me off".  But that would mean that the writer was being subtly clever rather than wielding the obvious anvil. 

Okay, they just messed up and forgot about the peanuts in Kung Pao...

I still have all of my Cherry Ames and Vicki Barr books, which were originally my  mother's.  I have some Jean Craigs and Rosamond du Jardins as well.

Beany Malone ring a bell?

I love Penny and want her to get better lines. 

• Love 3
On 11/6/2017 at 5:24 AM, BlossomCulp said:

Why would Penny even want to be Professor Proton?

Actors like getting acting jobs? Unless you're already working steadily as an actor, you get any gig, you're glad for it (as long the working conditions aren't terrible). Doesn't need any interest in science to want that gig. It's a gig is enough.

That said, Penny's moved away from acting so it wouldn't make sense for her to go up for it in the first place, but if she were going out on auditions again, a paying gig on a kid's show is not an undesirable thing.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

That said, Penny's moved away from acting so it wouldn't make sense for her to go up for it in the first place, but if she were going out on auditions again, a paying gig on a kid's show is not an undesirable thing.

Penny actually has gone on at least one audition since she took on her new job so if she'd wanted to try for Professor Proton she could have done it.   I would think that being Professor Proton isn't an acting job as far as Penny is concerned.

• Love 2
On 11/7/2017 at 4:03 PM, BlossomCulp said:

I've got all the Beany Malones!  And the Katie Rose's too :).

I LOVE those stories and wanted to live at Beany's house.  

How about Betsy, Tacy, and Tib? 

I am loving Bernadette and Howard more and more. Penny was at her best with stronger story lines, i.e., getting hooked on video games, manipulating Sheldon,  or Sheldon manipulating her with the chocolate treat, or giving advice in tge laundry room.

• Love 1

How is it that Bob Newhart can deliver the same Sheldon rags as anybody else, but he sells them 40 times better? So simple and obvious and yet his delivery makes me laugh every time. I hope he can continue to pop in from time to time.

Because Bob is a genius at comedy and has the best timing of anyone ever.  You can get his albums on DVDs; best money you will ever spend.

I don’t mind snarky Wil, but I hate mean Wil, and the show usually marries the two.

• Love 1

Also, given that Chuck Lorre tried for *18* years to get Newhart onto one of his shows before succeeding with TBBT, I would think that every one of Newhart's lines gets the very best of personal attention.

On 11/3/2017 at 2:49 AM, Traveller519 said:

I think Wil is going to come to Sheldon down the road as a technical consultant/producer for the show, utilizing both of their talents properly. Sheldon would be terrible on TV, and Wil may not be able to sell the science on his own.

Good point, look at how wooden Sheldon is when he does Fun With Flags.  There's no reason to think Sheldon would be good on camera.

Consultant would be a better fit for him, although he would probably take it too far and make things too complicated.  The show must already have some sort of consultant, I'm sure Wil's not writing it by himself.

On 11/13/2017 at 7:11 PM, Tosia said:

How about Betsy, Tacy, and Tib? 

I am loving Bernadette and Howard more and more. Penny was at her best with stronger story lines, i.e., getting hooked on video games, manipulating Sheldon,  or Sheldon manipulating her with the chocolate treat, or giving advice in tge laundry room.

LOVED the Betsy, Tacy and Tib books. I still want to hang out at Betsy's house and eat onion sandwiches.

One of my absolutely favorite BBT episodes is Penny becoming a gamer.

Edited by carrps
  • Love 4