Type keyword(s) to search

All Points Bulletin: All Things Media And News!

• Start Topic

Let's go to our separate corners and breathe. Attacking posters is never okay. While the subject is a complicated one, it does not mean we start brawling. What's done is done.

Please heed this note going forward.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

They admit they didn’t investigate her claim when she registered it. That in and of itself is a crime. I hope you’re never discriminated against. And now I’m blocking you.

I'm a woman, of course I've been discriminated against. I just believe people are innocent until proven guilty and don't take the accusations at face value without hearing both sides, or at least something more in corroboration than just the "she said".

And now I will go back to my corner and await actual results of the investigation. Sorry Wendy, I have a friend who was wrongly accused out of revenge, and thankfully it was resolved so it's a touchy subject for me.

Edited by BlakesMomma
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

They admit they didn’t investigate her claim when she registered it. That in and of itself is a crime. I hope you’re never discriminated against. And now I’m blocking you.

No-one admitted anything,   There are accusations and an investigation,  That's it.  No-one knows anything else.  No-one admitted anything.

• Love 1

Is there a thread for season 2?

press release for the first episode of season 2

“Impact” – Danger is ever-present as the officers of the Mid-Wilshire precinct grapple with the aftermath of a plotted attack on the city of Los Angeles, leaving Officer Bradford fighting for his life in the season two premiere of “The Rookie,” airing SUNDAY, SEPT. 29 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. (TV-14, V) Episodes can also be viewed on ABC.com, the ABC app and Hulu. Flash forward two weeks and the rookies receive the shocking results of their latest training exam, leaving one officer questioning what the future holds. Meanwhile, tension develops at home as Nolan and Lopez advance in their relationships with Jessica and Wesley.

https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/pressrelease/the-rookie-season-premiere-impact-9-29/

From the above-quoted article:

Guest starring in this episode are Shawn Ashmore as Wesley Evers, Sarah Shahi as Jessica Russo and Mark Cuban as himself.

Don't care about Mark Cuban and can take or leave Shawn Ashmore in his role, but I'm glad to see Sarah Shahi back for at least one more episode. Always happy to have her on my tv.

3 minutes ago, Waterston Fan said:

Maybe I need to wait til this weekend to check but I did a search for 'The Rookie' and it didn't come up. I tried to use the guide to Sunday but maybe I need to wait?  

TV Listings go 12 days out, at least online. The series does not return until 9/29. So wait a day or two. It should pop up then.

• Love 1

I agree with one of the comments made below the article saying that a lot of these investigations find nothing then when lawsuits are brought forth different results are brought forward. Why would someone be fired if nothing inappropriate went on? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

Why would someone be fired if nothing inappropriate went on? 

Sounds like the firing must’ve been ostensibly for a different reason. Since the person who was fired was also the person who AW accused of sexual assault, perhaps this is a serial offender who has thus far managed to piss off enough humans without leaving any evidence/witnesses, and eventually will get caught and outed. Or not. 

7 minutes ago, UnknownK said:

I think the physical part was never questioned and the person was promptly fired. The investigation was about the other stuff. 

Oh! That makes sense to me now. So they’re not saying nothing happened, just that nothing happened that wasn’t dealt with, right?

Hmmm. 

So. Yeah. It seems like maybe it wasn’t dealt with before the assault and firing because there wasn’t enough evidence? 

But wasn’t it more than one person being racist? If so, there are still some bad apples on the crew —unless maybe they’ve been let go too. 

They never got into specifics and probably never will about what was said. 

For example if a hair dresser makes a comment about it being hard to get a persons hair done in a way the producers want in a timely manner every morning because that persons hair it tough to work on are they being racists because it is a specific black woman's hair or are they just stating a fact?

A writer from I think it was latest Star Trek (who happens to be a light skinned black man) was recounting a story to another person and happened to say the N word (quoting somebody else) and somebody listening got bent out of shape about it and went to HR and the well known writer quit. 

We are all of different ages and backgrounds and have different life experiences. We sometimes read into a conversation something that was not meant that way because of life experiences. Younger people can't seem to deal with conversations about many topics that were just fine 10, 20, 30 years ago. Everyone is waiting for that gotcha moment were they can shame or bitch about the slightest micro aggression that isn't there. Of course there are people out there doing racists things daily either not knowing they are or just not caring because that is who they are. Kind of hard to tell what a person is thinking when they say what they say. A lot of times it is not the words themselves but the way they are said and the look a person gives you while saying it that is hard to prove intent without seeing how it was presented.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, UnknownK said:

For example if a hair dresser makes a comment about it being hard to get a persons hair done in a way the producers want in a timely manner every morning because that persons hair it tough to work on are they being racists because it is a specific black woman's hair or are they just stating a fact?

Well, what is known is the person in the hair department was terminated. I doubt simple misinterpretation would bring about that result. So, based on that, it is easy to infer something of consequence happened at that level, at the very least.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, what is known is the person in the hair department was terminated. I doubt simple misinterpretation would bring about that result. So, based on that, it is easy to infer something of consequence happened at that level, at the very least.

They got terminated over something physical that happened later on after the complaint I think.  I can see a person getting pissed after being complained about to their boss and  having an exchange that got physical confronting the accuser. No matter what is said if you start touching another person sexually or violently at work you are getting fired ASAP very unprofessional.

Do we know that the hairdresser was actually fired?  Was Afton's account of the firing corroborated?  The hairdresser was let go, but many of the cast still follow her.  It's very possible she moved on because of clashes with Afton and Afton assumed that she was fired.  But I'd like to hear a second account that she was actually fired. 

Edited by TWP
  • Love 1

Based on her Instagram Post, I think Afton may have some issues that go way beyond "The Rookie".  I hope she gets help.  In any event, it is over and the show can move forward.   Cleared by a 3rd party, independent investigation - that's it.  It's' over.  The show was cleared.

• Love 2
On 9/18/2019 at 2:49 PM, break21 said:

In any event, it is over and the show can move forward.   Cleared by a 3rd party, independent investigation - that's it.  It's' over.  The show was cleared.

I don't believe you can say that a law firm hired by the studio is an independent third party. They may have done what a jury would consider a thorough investigation, but when one side hires the investigators, "independence" remains a potential issue. For instance, if Afton did file a law suit, would all the information gathered by the law firm be turned over, or would the firm cite attorney-client or work product privilege for not turning over all or some of the materials, including notes regarding the interviews they held and any legal basis for concluding no improper conduct occurred.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Loandbehold said:

I don't believe you can say that a law firm hired by the studio is an independent third party. They may have done what a jury would consider a thorough investigation, but when one side hires the investigators, "independence" remains a potential issue. For instance, if Afton did file a law suit, would all the information gathered by the law firm be turned over, or would the firm cite attorney-client or work product privilege for not turning over all or some of the materials, including notes regarding the interviews they held and any legal basis for concluding no improper conduct occurred.

In a lawsuit, Afton's representatives could subpoena the same people interviewed to testify under oath.  And considering that people question the investigation findings, an under-oath testimony would be the gold standard.

But I think a defamation lawsuit from the accused parties is just as likely because they may very well be innocent of Afton's charges.

2 hours ago, TWP said:

In a lawsuit, Afton's representatives could subpoena the same people interviewed to testify under oath.  And considering that people question the investigation findings, an under-oath testimony would be the gold standard.

But they still might not have access to the attorney notes, which could tell a lot about why the firm ultimately issued the report. And, the reason for that would be b/c the firm was hired by the studio and so those notes are privileged, While, if it was truly an independent, third-party investigation, those notes might be discoverable. 

I wasn't in love with this show and I liked AW fine...She was the best part..at least her scenes with NF. I can't see myself watching anymore..considering the drama behind the scenes...Time was that drama behind the scenes..stayed behind the scenes...now, everything is out there. I do believe AW in her claims and as for "A Rookie Cast Member" saying what they did, anyone can be a troll on the internet..and if they really were insulted by her, they'd stand up and say their name just as Afton stood up for herself. 

So, yeah, I was looking forward to something light to end my weekends with after God Friended me but it won't be this...and my feeling is that the show won't make it through another season.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, stonehaven said:

Time was that drama behind the scenes..stayed behind the scenes...now, everything is out there. I do believe AW in her claims and as for "A Rookie Cast Member" saying what they did, anyone can be a troll on the internet..and if they really were insulted by her, they'd stand up and say their name just as Afton stood up for herself.

To play Devil's Advocate, though, Deadline is an industry site. Yes, it could be a troll, but historically, crews of many a show HAVE posted there with pseudonyms, probably to protect their own jobs.

As for this mess, I don't know what to believe anymore. I do know this show is on an awful night, and I would not be surprised if this is its last season.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

I admit, I was excited for this show but I will record it and see how it goes but I would be shocked if it went a 3rd season. 

Ehhh, Lethal Weapon had a third season and look at the drama that had

• Love 2
On 9/17/2019 at 9:12 PM, UnknownK said:

No.  That person is incompetent not to mention unprofessional.  There is no one type of person (i.e. skin tone, hair type, body chemistry) in the acting field. If you call yourself a hair and makeup artist yet, you are unable to do your job on any actor that sits in your chair you aren’t an artist or a professional.  Any excuses you give based on someone’s hair type or skin tone are offensive and will most definitely be seen as racist by a lot of people. 

Edited by taurusrose
Fix typo
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, bros402 said:

Ehhh, Lethal Weapon had a third season and look at the drama that had

All the drama of Lethel Weapon happened after 2 seasons. And the 3rd season was the last. Plus Lethel Weapon had far better ratings than whatever The Rookie has. I mean it barely managed to get renewed. And is in the awful Sunday time slot. 

Edited by devilhalo
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, devilhalo said:

All the drama of Lethel Weapon happened after 2 seasons. And the 3rd season was the last. Plus Lethel Weapon had far better ratings than whatever The Rookie has. I mean it barely managed to get renewed. And is in the awful Sunday time slot. 

The LW drama came out after the season 2 finale, but before upfronts, so they still could've canned it.

And with ratings, not really. Just looking at the millions - Season 1 finale of Rookie had 4.06 mil, season 2 finale of LW had 3.15. The season 1 average of Rookie (Live+DVR, so either +3 or +7) - 8.305. Season 2 average of LW was 5.38

• Love 2
On 9/21/2019 at 3:34 PM, WendyCR72 said:

To play Devil's Advocate, though, Deadline is an industry site. Yes, it could be a troll, but historically, crews of many a show HAVE posted there with pseudonyms, probably to protect their own jobs.

As for this mess, I don't know what to believe anymore. I do know this show is on an awful night, and I would not be surprised if this is its last season.

It's not the first "crew" comment about the situation I've seen stating the same behavior from her. Another was from a "veteran LAPD officer" who does consulting work on TV shows and another separate one from another "crew" member. Could they all be the same person or a troll? Sure. Or not.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BlakesMomma said:

It's not the first "crew" comment about the situation I've seen stating the same behavior from her. Another was from a "veteran LAPD officer" who does consulting work on TV shows and another separate one from another "crew" member. Could they all be the same person or a troll? Sure. Or not.

Could you post them here? What did they say? 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, devilhalo said:

Could you post them here? What did they say? 

I don't know if it's kosher to post them here, but one is a confirmed background actor who posted on Reddit.  He was not anonymous in his posting.

2 hours ago, TWP said:

I don't know if it's kosher to post them here, but one is a confirmed background actor who posted on Reddit.  He was not anonymous in his posting.

Yes, that's one of them and the other is the veteran LAPD consultant that I mentioned. I didn't know if Wendy wanted them posted here, that's why I haven't shared them, although I posted one and there was no objection. 

12 hours ago, BlakesMomma said:

Yes, that's one of them and the other is the veteran LAPD consultant that I mentioned. I didn't know if Wendy wanted them posted here, that's why I haven't shared them, although I posted one and there was no objection. 

The Reddit person deleted his post so I don't think he would want me to share it here ;-).  But he's a verified TR extra, verified by an anonymous source on the internet, namely me ;-).  FWIW

18 hours ago, BlakesMomma said:

Veteran LAPD consultant? Where was this shared? 

and had the shirt printed).
A shirt printed  for Lucy is not going to fit West.

Because as she pointed out, he didn't mind it so much when she left out how much he did to protect his wife.
And good for her. She’s learning that she has to give as much as she gets with Bradford.

I hope he puts in doors and windows with good locks, this time.
He didn’t lock the door when he ran after Jessica.

Speaking of which, Nathan does love a bit of physical comedy. And it is funny to see such a big fit guy falling all over in a way you might expect a smaller more waifish person to .

We were in the US in the summer of 2018. During our visit to L.A., there was a recording going on. We were told it was for a series called The Rookie (I didn't know it back in Denmark). I got a photo of a man in a chicken suit, riders on a scooter. What episode is it from?

https://ibb.co/zxwnqFR

The Rookie .jpg

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Dantyr said:

We were in the US in the summer of 2018. During our visit to L.A., there was a recording going on. We were told it was for a series called The Rookie (I didn't know it back in Denmark). I got a photo of a man in a chicken suit, riders on a scooter. What episode is it from?

https://ibb.co/zxwnqFR

The Rookie .jpg

I don't recognize the scene but then only four of the 20 plus episodes for season 2 have aired.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

Unless 2018 is a typo, it should be from season 1.

Thanks.

I just found a video I recorded while filming. I don't think him in the chicken suit has a big role for it all happened on the other side of the road. Without knowing it, I've been filming head person Nathan Fillion

Screenshot 2019-10-27 at 16.53.47.png

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Dantyr said:

Thanks.

I just found a video I recorded while filming. I don't think him in the chicken suit has a big role for it all happened on the other side of the road. Without knowing it, I've been filming head person Nathan Fillion

Screenshot 2019-10-27 at 16.53.47.png

Yeah, it was last year. I see Talia there. 

9 hours ago, break21 said:

The ratings were pretty bad last night but the NFL Game was probably the best of the year.   I don't think they will be renewed if they don't stay at .6.  

It had already adjusted down to 0.5 in the finals two times in the past already. So this was its third 0.5. And ABC still gave the show a backorder despite that. ABC can’t expect better than 0.5 at 10 pm against football on a Sunday.

Edited by devilhalo
  • Love 1