Type keyword(s) to search

All Points Bulletin: All Things Media And News!

• Start Topic

(edited)

The Rookie and Will Trent Won’t Return Until 2025 — But Here’s the Good News
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   MAY 14, 2024 
https://tvline.com/news/the-rookie-season-7-premiere-midseason-2025-explained-uninterrupted-1235239186/ 

Both The Rookie and Will Trent, which air their finales next Tuesday, May 21, won’t return with their new seasons until 2025. But here’s why that’s a good-ish thing for fans of either show.

ABC’s fall schedule for the 2024-25 season features a Tuesday line-up of Dancing With the Stars leading into the new drama High Potential. Neither Will Trent nor The Rookie are anywhere to be seen, held as they both are for “midseason.”

The good news, though, is that once the two dramas return, they’ll do so in non-stop runs (of 18 episodes each, TVLine hears).

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 3
(edited)

Despite the headline, there are no spoilers for the rest of Season 6...

THE ROOKIE: Actors Alyssa Diaz, Melissa O’Neil and Lisseth Chavez give the scoop on Season 6 – Exclusive Interview
By ABBIE BERNSTEIN   May 14, 2024
https://www.assignmentx.com/2024/the-rookie-actors-alyssa-diaz-melissa-oneil-and-lisseth-chavez-give-the-scoop-on-season-6-exclusive-interview/ 

In describing THE ROOKIE, Diaz begin with, “Dramedy. But also, there’s romance, there’s the action. It’s just so rewarding, because so many people love the show from all walks of life. And that’s what surprises me constantly, is that it really appeals to everybody, and it has something for everyone … It keeps you entertained. It’s not one note. And all the characters are really nuanced, so it has something for everyone.”
O’Neil’s character Lucy has been through a lot of both emotional and physical trauma. One of the most intense was being kidnapped and buried alive by a serial killer. Did O’Neil experience claustrophobia in those underground sequences?

“I didn’t feel claustrophobic, but it was really interesting to actually be six feet in the ground with a lid closed over you and then dirt poured on top of that. There was not much Method acting needed in that moment.”
“I think it’s been really fun to add this layer and to grow with Angela literally, physically and emotionally, having kids. And to add the motherhood layer to it has been extraordinary. So, thank you, Alexi, for making that work. There’s a lot of mom stuff with Mekia [Cox, who plays Angela’s fellow detective Nyla Harper; as with Diaz, Cox’s real-life pregnancy was written into the series]. The fun thing about adding that layer is that I feel it makes Angela being a mother more primal, which is great.”
When Ashmore joined the cast as a recurring character (he’s now a regular) in Season 1, Episode 7, was he always intended as a romantic partner for Angela? “W knew he was going to be the love interest,” Diaz explains, “it was just the length of it we did not know. Shawn is extremely talented, and funny, and lovely to work with, and it’s great that [the characters] got married and have kids. I love Shawn.”
Like Ashmore, Chavez says she had no idea that she’d become a series regular when her LAPD trainee character first appeared in THE ROOKIE’s fifth season. “They knew they wanted her to recur, but I’d always find out by the end of the episode [when Celina would return]. I’m trying to get a glimpse to see if I’m in the next episode. And then, luckily, they kept me, and now I’m a series regular. They’ve adopted me.”

O’Neil offers that something else nobody knew about early on was that Lucy and her one-time training officer, Sgt. Tim Bradford (Eric Winter) would have a passionate romance. “Of course not,” she laughs. “That was not planned at all. That was absolute fanfic that made it onto screen.”
What would the trio most like people to know about the rest of THE ROOKIE Season 6?

“They’re going to love it,” O’Neil states.

Chavez adds, “They’re going to love it, yes. It’s going to be shorter, but it’s going to be jam-packed.”

“Yeah,” Diaz concludes. “It’s even more of what they love, so tune in.”

Edited by tv echo

From Disney's Upfront yesterday... 

The Rookie Season 6 Finale Preview
TVLine   May 15, 2024

The Rookie | Mekia Cox Teases 'Familiar Face' in 'Big' Season 6 Finale
TVLine   May 15, 2024

(edited)

The Rookie Boss Talks Feds Cast’s Return, #Chenford’s Future and the Secrets Behind That Big Finale Stunt
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   MAY 21, 2024 
https://tvline.com/lists/the-rookie-finale-chenford-conversation-john-bailey-adoption-season-7/ 

TVLINE | Lucy and Tim, at the end there in the elevator scene…. I’m sure a few fans are probably like, “Why doesn’t Lucy just say, ‘Let’s get back together’?” Is it because she knows he still has work to do on himself? Is it because she’s still quite wounded? Or a bit of both?
Yes, I think it’s that and other things. I think ultimately he broke something, and it’s not that easy to put it back together. I love that scene on the elevator because it was really important, I think, to show where their relationship could go, for him to be that respectful of what he put her through, and also show how she treated him in that [scene]. I feel like we live in a time where half the songs on the radio are some version of “A, B, C, D, E, f–k you,” so to have him break her heart like that and blow up their relationship, and for her to understand ultimately why he did it even if she feels like he didn’t do it well, and to have the kindness to understand that he was going through something, I thought was really valuable on just a human level.
TVLINE | Oscar was broken out of prison and is in the wind, Jason’s heading back to Los Angeles, Monica escaped the Monaco skirmish, A Martinez’s character is still alive…. Might one of those villains resurface sooner in Season 7 than the others? Do you have any immediate plans for any of them?
They will definitely resurface at different times. As you know, Jenna [Dewan]’s about to have a baby in real life, so we probably won’t see [Bailey] for the first few episodes because of that. As a result, we aren’t sure when we’ll see Jason. But yes, I think we’re looking at how we can spread stuff out so we’re not just all diving into all of it at the beginning.

The Rookie Boss Breaks Down That Explosive Finale and Teases the Future of Chenford
Max Gao   May 21, 2024
https://www.tvguide.com/news/the-rookie-alexi-hawley-season-6-finale-chenford/ 

Why did you feel a [Chenford] break-up was necessary to further complicate and develop their relationship?
Hawley:
I just think that there's no drama in stasis, and I feel like obstacles are drama and also [true to] real life. I love our audience because they've gone with us on this journey, and I feel like they understand that we never do anything that's meant to be manipulative. It's always grounded in organic storytelling. There was a moment a couple of seasons ago when Tim and Lucy were riding together, and he didn't think she would be a good undercover cop, and she basically told him she was in love with him and he bit, and then she's like, "Psych!" That was a moment where I was worried the audience was going to get mad at me, but they got it because she was f--king with him, and that was part of a good character journey. 

I really appreciate the trust that they have given us, and I just felt [it's important], ultimately, to have an obstacle [in their relationship] — something from Tim's past coming back in such a way that it really opened a door that he had forced closed. [It reopened] a chapter in his life that he was ashamed of and that he'd managed to not forget about, but bury. Ultimately, he got to a place where he was punishing himself by breaking up with her and ended up punishing her [too]. The fallout from that felt like a really valuable story to tell, [as well as] how they both dealt with the aftermath.

I love the scene in the elevator in the finale. I feel like that scene is super valuable. The fact that in an age where every other breakup song on the radio is some version of "a b c d e f--k you" — [I felt it was important] to have a relationship where even as angry as she is at him, she can see his distress and show him some kindness. And for him to see and value that, but also understand that he's the one who has to do the work [to earn back her trust] and that he can only do it at her pace — that's a big human moment. So I think that was just really important in their relationship.
To your point, in the elevator, Tim apologizes to Lucy and thanks her for saving his life, and he declares that he will spend the rest of his life trying to make it up to her in whatever small doses she will allow. Where do we leave Chenford by the end of the finale? Where do you see their relationship going from here?
Hawley:
I don't fully know. The [writers'] room has only been going a couple weeks. I think hope is an important word there. I don't think it's easy. I think what he broke is not as simple as an "I'm sorry." And if it was, I don't know that I would respect Lucy as much, given the damage he did. It was always really important to me and to the room that she wasn't a victim in this [situation], that she had agency in her story and in her reactions. And the fact that she was mad about it, and that was okay — that was always really important to us. So it can't be just as simple as him saying, "I'm sorry," but I do think there's hope, obviously, for them, which is good. It's what the audience wants. They want the push and pull of that relationship.
At the end of the finale, while discussing adoption, Nolan and Bailey learn of Oscar and Jason's escape. How will those two antagonists factor into next season? Will Monica also continue to be a threat?
Hawley:
It's early days still, and Jenna's going to have a baby in the beginning of our production schedule, so we're probably going to take a bit of a beat at the beginning just to let her go through her maternity leave and all that kind of stuff. But I do think that Jason is probably the most immediate risk for our people. And from there, I don't necessarily have a plan yet for exactly how the rest of it will play out.
Are there any specific personal storylines that you are looking to explore next season?
Hawley:
I am trying to approach Season 7 with a more standalone vibe because Season 6 was so serialized, but we've always carried personal stories through the season. But I think the fun for me in Season 7 is like, how do we level a little bit more in a character journey within an episode, but then also carry some stuff through the season, but also in an arc so that we're not just telling the same story for 18 straight episodes? You want to build stuff up and then reach some conflict or a cliffhanger and then resolve it and start something else.
There's one big mystery that we weren't able to solve this season: Does baby "Wopez" have a name?
Hawley:
[Laughs.] Yes, she has a name. It's not officially out there yet, but yes, she has a name, although I will confess it took me an embarrassing long period of time to land on a name for her.

Edited by tv echo

The Rookie - Escape Plan (Season Finale) - Review: High-Stakes Action and a Lackluster Cliffhanger
Posted by Cristina Almeida - May 22, 2024
https://www.spoilertv.com/2024/05/the-rookie-escape-plan-season-finale.html 

... It's incredibly unbelievable that despite a team of FBI agents waiting, they couldn't capture Monica as she ran away in open terrain wearing heels. Just one of the many plot holes that were present in this episode. Hopefully this is the last we see of Monica and Blair. Monica was a great villain, but her time has come and gone. It's time to move on. Blair, on the other hand, has been a terrible character from the start. After breaking everyone's trust, there's absolutely no reason for her to return. It's bad enough we have to deal with Oscar and Jason next year, something nobody asked for. It would be refreshing to see the police officers tackling everyday evils instead. With so much bad in the world today, do we really need an even bigger, badder villain?

Ratings: ABC Drama Finales Hit 3-Week Audience Highs; FBI, The Voice Lead Tuesday
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   MAY 22, 2024 
https://tvline.com/ratings/the-good-doctor-series-finale-viewers-1235244953/ 

ABC | Will Trent (4.1 mil/0.3, reader grade “A”; read post mortem), The Rookie (3.1 mil/0.3, reader grade “B+”; read post mortem) and The Good Doctor (2.5 mil/0.2, reader grade “A+;” read post mortem) all rose to three-week highs in audience.

Inside Line: Scoop on Chicago Fire, Doctor Who, Criminal Minds, Evil, Ghosts, NCIS: Tony & Ziva, Fire Country, Whose Line, The Old Man and More!
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   MAY 22, 2024
https://tvline.com/lists/chicago-fire-finale-spoilers-stellaride-boden-exit/ncis-tony-and-ziva/

What day does The Rookie start filming in June? –Shauna
Even though the ABC procedural won’t be returning with Season 7 until the year 2025, “Early June, we get right back into it,” showrunner Alexi Hawley told me.

(edited)

‘The Rookie’: Eric Winter Says Tim Has to ‘Earn’ Lucy’s Trust Back, Plus His Fave Chenford Scenes (VIDEO)
Meredith Jacobs   MAY 24, 2024
https://www.tvinsider.com/1137424/the-rookie-chenford-breakup-tim-lucy-season-7-eric-winter/ 

“I always saw the breakup as a bit of a Ross and Rachel from Friends. It was like this couple that is at the moment of the best relationship ever and then things fall apart and they have to figure it out,” Winter tells TV Insider in the video above. “And I think that’s one of the beauties. I know fans went berserk and I totally get it. I saw it coming, but not to the level that it went.”

Tim and Lucy are still broken up at the end of Season 6, though they do share moments in the elevator in each of the last two episodes. Tim’s not necessarily hopeful about their future, but he hasn’t given up on them either.

“I think it’s very clear how much Tim appreciates Lucy and cares about Lucy. And I think in his mind—this is the way I see it—he’s working on himself, he’s in therapy,” says Winter. “He’s trying to get better and I think care about himself a lot more so that he can give more to that relationship. I don’t think in his mind it’s over. I don’t think in his mind it’s done. I think it’s just not now, not until I’m stable to give you the best version. I don’t know if he sees it as hope. I don’t know if he’s there, but I don’t think he sees it as it’s gone.”

And the star doesn’t think fans need to worry about new love interests. “I’d be surprised” if that happened, he admits. “I don’t think Tim is in a place where he’s going to run off into something right now that I could think of. And I think same with her. I think they’re both recovering from that whirlwind sort of romance and then going, holy crap, Tim lost himself and he needs to figure out who he is first before I think he can even think about dating anyone, let alone Lucy. But I think his mind is still Lucy at the forefront, for sure.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

‘The Rookie’ Boss Talks [_______]’s Escape, Chenford in Season 7 & More
Meredith Jacobs   MAY 21, 2024, 
https://www.tvinsider.com/1136884/the-rookie-season-6-finale-recap-oscar-jason-escape-prison-chenford/ 

How early on did you know that you wanted to end the season with not only Monica and Oscar working together, but the plan including him breaking out of prison and enlisting Jason to help and them bringing him along?
Alexi Hawley:
I knew about the Monica and Oscar of it all. I think that Jason was sort of a later discovery of, oh, that would be good. You go down different roads and maybe they’re not working. And then you’re like, oh, what would be good? You know who else is in prison? At this point now six seasons in, we do have a history of villains, some of them who’ve been great. Elijah is still out there. He’s in prison, too. Then you start to go, well, those people might be in the same prison, and if they are, it’s not a stretch to think that they could interact. That was an exciting idea.

At what point did you know you wanted Tim and Lucy (Melissa O’Neil) to break up and have it be in such a way that it would lead to him going to therapy?
I think I knew coming into the season that we needed to keep the drama in their relationship. It’s easy to fall in love with your characters this deep into a show and sort of round the edges off of them, off of their relationships and even on a professional level in terms of, there’s still a hierarchy. If you forget about that, you just lose the stakes and you lose the drama. It really felt like, how do we organically put obstacles in everybody’s way?
Yeah, we were very elevator-centric with them this season—and parking lot. What was the most important thing to me was not for Lucy to ever feel like the victim, not for her to ever feel like she didn’t have agency in the breakup or in the relationship or in the aftermath, that her anger at him was completely real and earned and not to be dismissed in the same way that—she can’t just say, okay, you’ve done a little work and we’re back together. I think he broke something that’s going to need a little longer to fix. And so I think we just need to keep challenging her and navigating her professional and personal life while he does what he’s got to do. And then also just, how do they find their way back to each other?

What can you say about your plans for them in Season 7, to offer fans some hope or at least not more heartbreak?
I can’t say a lot yet. The room’s only been going for a week and a half, but I do think that we need to find the adventure. To me, the joy of the show is that even when there are stakes, even when there are bad things that happen, the show is always a ride and always entertaining. I think we have to walk that line on, what does it look like if they’re finding their way back to whatever a relationship looks like with them in the short term and then also the long term, which are not necessarily the same thing? How do we keep the—look audiences want the will they, won’t they, we know that from the history of television. It’s the wanting that’s the most dramatic. How do we get back to a place where we can have that?
Where did you want Nolan to be in his career before they started talking about kids?
The thing with Nolan always is that he doesn’t have time. He started this in his late 40s, and if he wants to have a career that goes beyond just patrol work… Originally, he wanted to be a detective and then obviously in the wake of George Floyd’s murder and our conversations about policing and him having to face consequences for sort of going rogue, ultimately as a character, he came to a place where training the next generation of police officers was much more important than his own personal wanting to be a detective. All that being said, I think he still has aspirations and he doesn’t have a lot of time to get there, so that’s always part of the balance. And he explored that in Season 6 as well. He doesn’t want to be a dad who’s not there, which I think is also a noble thing for him to want, to be an active parent. If I’m going to be a father, I want to be a father. That is, I think, an important conversation.

Monica is still out there and we know she’s resourceful. Oscar and Jason are now free. How would you rank them as far as being threats as Season 7 begins?
Without spoiling too much, because I don’t know everything at this point, I think Jason’s probably the most immediate problem. I can’t necessarily comment on Oscar and Monica yet, but I think obviously Jason is the one with the most specific, the most harmful intent towards anybody on our show at the moment.
It felt like Angela (Alyssa Diaz) and Wesley (Shawn Ashmore) kind of got a break this season. Was that just a matter of having a shortened season?
Yeah, it was. We have so many great characters on our show that it is definitely navigating through all the storylines and from episode to episode and sometimes again within a 10-episode span, which is all we had, the storylines that push to the front don’t allow you to necessarily spend as much time. But we’ll have a lot more time in Season 7, so we won’t leave them hanging. We have some good stuff for them already that we’ve been talking about in the room.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

“Rookie” Talk 101 With Eric Winter
by Laura Schreffler   May 30, 2024
https://hauteliving.com/2024/05/the-rookie-talk-101-with-actor-eric-winter/751507/

We sat down with Eric Winter to discuss the upcoming seventh season of his hit ABC series, The Rookie. On the police procedural series, he stars opposite Nathan Fillion as the fan favorite Sgt. Tim Bradford, a strict no-nonsense police officer. The show has not only taken the coveted spot as one of ABC’s top scripted dramas, but is also ranked as one of Hulu’s most watched, with nearly 500 million hours streamed since 2018.
With six seasons of The Rookie under your belt, is there anything you’re looking forward to exploring in Season 7?
I’ve been hoping to explore the relationship between Tim and his mom. His upbringing with his dad was awful and I feel like he really loves his mom. So, it would be great to see Tim in a situation next season with his mom and sister.
This season, we’ve gotten a chance to learn more about Tim’s past. Did you have any input on his backstory?
I always love learning about Tim’s past. It’s so complicated and layered. I’ve mentioned things like meeting a sister or family members, but I’ve never been involved in crafting the stories of his past. I’m always excited and eager to see what the writers come up with each season in regard to Tim and his past!

• Useful 1
(edited)

Pet Peeves and Tired Tropes: 30+ Things TV Needs to Stop Doing Immediately!
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   JUNE 7, 2024 
https://tvline.com/lists/tv-pet-peeves-tropes/the-non-existent-text-history/ 

TEENY-TINY BIG CITIES
At least Jack Bauer sometimes had trouble getting around L.A. as the clock tick-tick-ticked. But somehow, on shows such as The Rookie, getting from wherever you might be in a major metro area to the place where a crime is being crimed usually takes inside of 15 off-camera minutes.

Edited by tv echo
59 minutes ago, tv echo said:

But somehow, on shows such as The Rookie, getting from wherever you might be in a major metro area to the place where a crime is being crimed usually takes inside of 15 off-camera minutes.

Well at least on The Rookie almost everything nominally occurs and all the characters seem to live in one LAPD divisional area. They have no need to cross from where you live to where you work that the rest of us hate and they have those code 3 lights and sirens to help. Although the incoming nuke scare when Detective Harper was able to visit home would leave Jack Bauer envious

• Like 1
(edited)

Uh, just no...

Dream Roles for Stars of Cancelled Shows: Abbott’s New P.E. Coach, Enigmatic Severance Bureaucrat, Elsbeth’s M.I.A. Son and More
BY NICK CARUSO, DAVE NEMETZ, VLADA GELMAN, RYAN SCHWARTZ, MATT WEBB MITOVICH, KEISHA HATCHETT, REBECCA IANNUCCI, CHARLIE MASON, KIMBERLY ROOTS   JUNE 14, 2024
https://tvline.com/lists/cancelled-shows-actors-new-roles-photos-2024/ 

But again: These are dream castings from Team TVLine, not actual news items.
Jack Martin
Past Gig: La Brea’s displaced Josh 

New Gig: The Rookie’s newest recruit, a fresh-faced, clean-cut Iowa transplant 

Edited by tv echo

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Walker Finale, The Bear, Presumed Innocent, The Way Home, Melrose Place, The Rookie, Criminal Minds and More!

Q: With The Rookie already filming Season 7, are there any updates to hold me over until the premiere in 2025?

Coming out of a lean-and-mean, strikes-shortened Season 6, and looking ahead to an 18-episode Season 7, “I do think we’ll go back to being more of a standalone show with serialized elements,” showrunner Alexi Hawley told me, “because it’s going to be a longer season and I think people really do like that. Also, there are the many different ways we tell stories — whether it’s the big event-type episodes, the more rom-com episodes, or with a big guest star — so it’ll be fun to go back to that.”

Performer of the Month - May 2024 - Results
by SpoilerTV - July 02, 2024
https://www.spoilertv.com/2024/07/performer-of-month-may-2024-results.html 

The readers have spoken and the results are in! The Rookie fans have voted massively again for their 2 favorite performers.
In first place and with a wopping 67.10% of the votes we have Melissa O'Neil who plays Lucy Chen on The Rookie.
In second place and with 21.81% of the votes we have Eric Winter who's portrayal of the Rookie's Tim Bradford secured him a 2nd place.
Please join us in the comments and on social media in celebrating winner Melissa O'Neil as well as the incredible runner-ups. Melissa O'Neil has secured a place in the 2024 Performer of the Year competition that will take place at the end of January 2025. Please note that this means she will not be eligible to win again this year so place your future votes and nominations wisely.

ABC’s ‘The Rookie’ Recruits Deric Augustine & Patrick Keleher For Season 7

They will debut during midseason.

In recurring roles, Deric Augustine plays “Miles,” one of the newest rookies at the LAPD. As a Texas transfer, Miles is a “rookie” despite being a two-year veteran of the force.

Patrick Keleher plays “Seth,” one of the newest rookies at the LAPD. He seems like the ideal police officer, but the job requires quick, decisive action — something that doesn’t come naturally to Seth.

spacer.png

Has The Rookie's Melissa O'Neil just dropped a major hint about season 7?

From her IG caption - "Tonight - we're watching the US Presidential debate with everyone at basecamp right now… Head on a swivel, friends! How are you doing?"

Fans were quick to pick up on Melissa's reference to her on-screen bestie Tamara, played by Dylan Conrique, who moved out of Lucy's apartment in season six, leaving fans questioning her future on the show. So far, Dylan has remained tight-lipped about whether she'll be appearing in season seven and hasn't shared any behind-the-scenes snaps.  

Comic-Con 2024 Schedule: ‘The Walking Dead’ Franchise, ‘Alien: Romulus,’ ‘Doctor Who’ and More to Appear on Friday
By Adam B. Vary   Jul 12, 2024
https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/comic-con-schedule-panels-san-diego-2-1236066979/ 

SATURDAY, JULY 27
1:45 – 2:45pm — “The Rookie” — Executive producer and star Nathan Fillion, and stars Mekia Cox, Alyssa Diaz, Richard T. Jones, Melissa O’Neil, Eric Winter, Shawn Ashmore and Lisseth Chavez discuss the evolution of the action-packed drama ahead of its seventh season. (Indigo Ballroom)

(edited)

The Rookie: Disney Exec Cites Series as Example of ABC/Hulu Success
by Ray Flook   July 17, 2024
https://bleedingcool.com/tv/the-rookie-disney-exec-cites-series-as-example-of-abc-hulu-success/ 

... Speaking with Deadline Hollywood, Dana Walden, Co-Chairman of Disney Entertainment (overseeing FX, Hulu, and ABC), did her part to sing the show's praises – noting how the long-running series is a perfect example of a show that succeeds and continues to grow based on the release strategy between ABC and Hulu of airing it on linear and then quickly making it available on streaming, and making previous season readily available.

"You look at the growth of 'The Rookie' over the past several years where the ability to watch past seasons on Hulu has done nothing but boost our linear ratings on that show and create an ecosystem of viewership where viewers on the broadcast network are getting a first look," Walden explained. "And then our subscribers are getting the flexibility of watching it on a streaming platform and all of the benefits that that entails." Don't forget that the hit series is set for a San Diego Comic-Con 2024 (SDCC 2024) panel presentation in the Indigo Ballroom on Saturday, July 27th (1:45 pm – 2:45 pm PT) – with Fillion, Winter, O'Neil, Mekia Cox, Alyssa Diaz, Richard T. Jones, Shawn Ashmore, and Lisseth Chavez listed as attending to "discuss the evolution of the action-packed drama ahead of its seventh season."

"At the top of January, we have 'New Year's Rockin' Eve,' which is one of the big live events of the broadcast season and provides tremendous promotional opportunity, so we're going to use that for 'The Rookie' and 'Will Trent,' both shows which continue to grow and are true darlings of both ABC and the audience. We have a lot of college sports and holiday programs on during December, so that adds to the megaphone that we can use to to shout out about 'Will Trent' and 'The Rookie' being back on. And additionally, and as importantly, having them come on in January will allow them to have uninterrupted runs where they can continue to gather momentum with a huge swatch of original episodes," shared Craig Erwich, president of Disney Television Group, back in May – explaining how the move to midseason could benefit the series and how the network would go the synergy route to promote the show's Season 7 return.

Edited by tv echo

Who’s In? Who’s Out? TV’s Major Casting Moves for Fall (and Beyond!)
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   JULY 21, 2024 
https://tvline.com/lists/tv-cast-news-exits-greys-anatomy-yellowstone-chicago-fire/ 

The Rookie (ABC, 2025)
Recurring in Season 7 are Deric Augustine (All American, Godfather of Harlem) as Miles, a Texas transfer who despite having two years under his belt, will be a rookie at the LAPD, and Patrick Keleher as Seth, another rookie who sure seems like the ideal police officer.

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Found, #OneChicago, SEAL Team, Criminal Minds, S.W.A.T., Sex Lives of College Girls, Elsbeth, Tracker and More
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   JULY 25, 2024 
https://tvline.com/lists/chicago-fire-med-pd-crossover-update-2024-2025-tv-season/ 

I read on Twitter that The Rookie will actually introduce a third new rookie this season. Any details on that? –Sierra
I too saw the social media post that is making rounds, but I looked into it and that guy misspoke/mistyped — these are the only two new rookies this year.

(edited)

From SDCC yesterday...

The Rookie SDCC 2024 Images; Fillion/"Feds" Cast; Winter/"Chenford"
Ray Flook   July 27, 2024
https://bleedingcool.com/tv/the-rookie-sdcc-2024-images-fillion-feds-cast-winter-chenford/ 

Fillion on "The Rookie: Feds" Cast Appearing: When asked about the possibility of seeing Niecy Nash-Betts, Frankie R. Faison, James Lesure, Britt Robertson, or Kevin Zegers returning as their characters from the canceled "Feds," Fillion shared, "The short answer is yes. We are trying to create a universe in which we can all exist." The actor and executive producer would go on to add that expanding the show's ensemble and focusing on a number of characters has been a winning game plan for the ABC series. "The title and the idea that it was my show was always just a trick. It's always been an ensemble cast. I'm so very pleased to be able to say this program can, at any one time, rest squarely on the shoulders of any one member of this cast," Fillion explained.

Regarding That "Chenford" Breakup…: During the panel, the topic of Tim (Winter) and Lucy's (O'Neil) breakup and what that could mean for the new season was discussed. While it might be rough on the characters – and their fans – Fillion noted that everything they're going through will be worth it "when" they reunite – before changing that "when" to an "if" to play it safe. While noting that his character still has some personal fixing to do before he can do right by Lucy, Winter did allude to Tim making it up to Lucy in "different ways" during Season 7.

173766_4826.jpg

Edited by tv echo

Nathan Fillion and Shawn Ashmore are no rookies when it comes to attending San Diego Comic Con
OnTheRedCarpet   posted Jul 30, 2024

The Rookie Exclusive: Tru Valentino Not Returning for Season 7

TVLine has confirmed that Tru Valentino, who joined the light ABC procedural as recurring in Season 4 and got promoted in Season 5, will not be back as a series regular for Season 7.

TVLine’s confirmation of Valentino’s exit comes on the heels of the actor’s absence from the show’s San Diego Comic-Con appearances, and one month after the ABC series added two recurring guest stars for Season 7.

spacer.png

• Sad 3
45 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I liked the actor and the basic outline of the character, but his story arcs were lacking. Too bad.

Yeah. Aaron Thorsen's backstory is more interesting than his plotlines. They don't know what to do with his character.

I will miss the dynamic between Aaron and Tim.

• Like 4