Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Rules, Announcements & FAQ: PLEASE READ

Guidelines for posting in the SCS subforum.

As you're all such prolific posters, we've decided to reward you all with your very own brand new, shiny subforum!

Important note: this is on a trial basis - its life expectancy is in your hands and conditional upon the forum rules being upheld. These are:

1. No new topic creation - if you would like a new topic please PM your mod team - named below.
  2. Off-topic posts will be removed without warning.
  3. All decisions are at the discretion of the mod team.
  4. Any questions should be sent via PM to the mods. Please do not discuss mod actions whatsoever in topic; this is a warnable violation.
  5. Discussion of the hosts' children is not permitted.
  6. Discussion of forums on other websites is not allowed (such as the QVC forums).

The Primetimer Golden Rule is Be Civil (or Be Gone): this rule applies to your fellow members.  It does not apply to those on TV.  Folks are free to say whatever they like - and however they'd like to say it - about anybody on TV as long as it does not violate site rules, i.e. is racist or homophobic etc. This all means that you should treat other posters with the same respect you expect by:

• Keeping snide and snippy posts to yourself, remember tone is important too - This includes passive-aggressive jabs; mocking the opinions of others in any form, whether written or by using gifs/pics; and ganging up to shout down others.
  • Using the report button appropriately - If you see a post that you believe violates forums guidelines do not respond, use the report button (flag icon), that brings those posts to the attention of the entire mod team.
  • Not attempting to be a 'backseat mod' - By telling other posters what they can or can't post, where they can or can't post, mod actions, etc - instead, use the report button or PM the mods.
  • Handling disagreement with civility - Opposing views aren't personal attacks, stating your own opinion is fine; trying to change/belittle/mock the opinions of others who disagree is not and breaches our golden rule.

If someone isn't breaking the rules, but you find their posts irritating, we strongly advise that you avail yourself of the bestest tool ever in 4 easy steps: The Ignore Function -

1. Hover your mouse over the person's avatar/name.
  2. A pop up of their mini profile appears> click 'ignore user'.
  3. Click the check boxes to select what to ignore.
  4. Click 'Update' >done!

Thanks for your co-operation, your mod team: @CuriousParker and @deaja

• Like 9

All these threads!  I don't know which one to choose!

Small Talk: Take A Break From Shop(ping) Talk:  Anything and everything NOT related to shopping channels

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky:  Anything and everything related to Shawn K

Product Reviews: After Sales:  Talk about products you bought and/or about product recommendations

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team:  Anything and everything related to any host on any shopping channel UNLESS a host has a specific thread all their own.

QVC, HSN, JTV, Evine:  These topics are for channel specific talk about programming, set design, products for sale, product demonstrations, etc.  Nothing about the hosts should be in these threads.

I really think there should be a new thread for host/channel/whatever.  I have a suggestion or two.  What should I do?

PM @CuriousParker and @deaja who will decide if a new thread is appropriate.

CuriousParker and I are here to help, so please feel free to PM us with any questions and/or concerns.

• Like 1

Since this forum was a new set up for many of you, we have been lenient regarding off-topicness.  First we moved posts, then we hid posts, now we are going to start warning for being off-topic in a thread.

This is a heads up so you can double check you're in the correct thread going forward.

• Like 3

There has been some confusion, so just to clarify, product models and demonstrators should be discussed in the “Shopping Channel Hosts” thread and not the network threads.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Going forward, Lisa Robertson, her fans, and anything related are not permitted to be discussed anywhere on this forum. Any mentions will be removed and subject to moderator actions.

Thank you.

• Like 3