Type keyword(s) to search

Pose in the Media

biakbiak
  • Start Topic

The teasers are starting to come out. The fact it's set to 1990 means I will be loving the music.  (And I'm thinking there will be a lot of snarking on Madonna's Vogue.)

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

(And I'm thinking there will be a lot of snarking on Madonna's Vogue.)

I loved Madonna's Vogue video, tried doing it myself but couldn't get the moves right, lol.  But now that you mention it, I wonder how the trans(?) community felt about the video.

• Love 2
On 5/4/2019 at 12:56 AM, justmehere said:
On 5/3/2019 at 11:32 AM, latincoffee said:

It's scheduled to be on Netflix on May 15th.  I can't wait to see Season 2 this year!!

In the U.S.? 

Season 1 is available on Netflix now. FX is also replaying late at night a couple times a week.

(edited)

Went to see Endgame on Memorial Day and one of the trailers was for the upcoming season.  It began with a clip of Billy Porter and I might have actually squealed when I realized it was a Pose teaser. 

It was all the more dramatic seeing it on the movie screen.  Can't wait for June 11th!

Edited by Sile
  • Love 5
(edited)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/how-pose-a-groundbreaker-is-changing-awards-season-red-carpets-1215084

Stars Billy Porter, Mj Rodriguez and Indya Moore tell The Hollywood Reporter why they aren't taking anything for granted as their FX drama racks up accolades.....

The hour features Billy Porter's Pray Tell organizing a cabaret for the AIDS ward at the hospital where his boyfriend is a patient, and an emotional performance of the song "Home" by Porter and co-star Mj Rodriguez. The episode marks the directorial debut of activist, author and Pose writer Janet Mock, who told The Hollywood Reporter on the pink carpet beforehand that she never tires of discussing the episode.

"We knew that we were writing a memorial to all those who left us, but also all those who were left behind in this in this epidemic. And so, for me, 'Love Is the Message,' I just want everyone to see it. Of course I think it's so powerful," she said. "One of my favorite moments directing will always be the moment when Blanca sings 'Home,' and she almost can't get through. And then one of the loves of her life comes up and supports her and says that 'you can get through.' That's the DNA of our show. That's the message: that love and support and family will always get you through."

7 more days...So looking forward to this show's return.

Edited by Mannahatta
Wrong start date - will be 6/11 not 6/9!
  • Love 2
(edited)

I just saw this YT video of Billy Porter giving a bawdy  rendition of  "Everything's Coming Up Roses" during the commercial break of the Tonys. He is a Star!

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I just saw this YT video of Billy Porter giving a bawdy  rendition of  "Everything's Coming Up Roses" during the commercial break of the Tonys. He is a Star!

FYI this was already posted in the cast in other roles thread. In general, the media thread is for stuff directly related to the show and the cast in other roles thread is for anything the cast does outside of the show. Not a big deal at all though! Just wanted to let you know for future reference 🙂

On 7/16/2019 at 7:54 PM, Ohwell said:

Can't wait to see what Billy Porter wears!

If he teams up with Christian Siriano again, look out . . . I can't imagine how they're going to top the Oscars look but I can't wait to find out! 

Agree that he has a strong chance of winning. 

I wish the show had gotten a best writing nod. Fingers crossed for next year . . . 

• Love 3
On 7/16/2019 at 4:54 PM, Ohwell said:

Can't wait to see what Billy Porter wears!

On 7/17/2019 at 6:19 PM, SailorGirl said:

If he teams up with Christian Siriano again, look out . . . I can't imagine how they're going to top the Oscars look but I can't wait to find out! 

Agree that he has a strong chance of winning. 

I wish the show had gotten a best writing nod. Fingers crossed for next year . . . 

Two of my favorites together.  Yes, please and thank you!!!

• Love 1

Indya Moore shared a photo on her Instagram. I’m not sharing here because I believe it’s against both Instagram and our community guidelines (it’s gorgeous- but nudity).

I suggest following the cast on Instagram if you’re interested in what they are doing in between seasons. 

• Love 2

Just discovered that the actor who played Adrian, Blanca's romantic encounter in the Life's a Beach episode, played Alexander Hamilton in the touring company I saw last year, and, he is now playing Hamilton on Broadway. Here's an interview:

Austin Scott

Saw him briefly outside the stage door after the show (didn't talk to him), and he was very friendly with everyone - a crowd definitely gathered. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Billy Porter won an Emmy! Congrats, Billy! Congrats to Pose, Ryan Murphy, the writers/producers/showrunners, the crew and not least the rest of the cast!

Didn't know that Janet Mock was dating Angel. Good looking couple.

Indya looks gorgeous on the cover.

• Love 6