Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Product Reviews: After Sales

10 hours ago, Thumper said:

Prindables:.  It's a matter of taste, of course, but an apple coated with candy and then candy on top of that is not appealing.  Sugar overload.

I would prefer Apple + caramel + nuts.  

Yes!  I've ordered Prindables twice over the years and got a sugar head-ache if I ate more that on tiny portion.  Way too much candy.  I love love love your recipe, though.  I wish they'd come out with that one.  I'd buy them a third time then.

• Like 13

5 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

For your penance, and to burn off a few calories, you must install fresh batteries in the 4,862 faux Luminara candles on the staircase of The Cathedral of the Janky Saint Douchess.  You're forgiven.

hahaha!

10 hours ago, Thumper said:

Prindables:.  It's a matter of taste, of course, but an apple coated with candy and then candy on top of that is not appealing.  Sugar overload.

God forbid they should present something so simply right!!

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Yes!  I've ordered Prindables twice over the years and got a sugar head-ache if I ate more that on tiny portion.  Way too much candy.  I love love love your recipe, though.  I wish they'd come out with that one.  I'd buy them a third time then.

I know they have to worry about nut allergies, but I wish they would offer a set that would include nuts. I'm sure it would cost more. But I would prefer it to random candy. Just, apple, caramel, chocolate and nuts, yum.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Lady J said:

I know they have to worry about nut allergies

Well...someone...knowing...that:

1) they are allergic to nuts

2) shouldn't buy apples decorated with nuts.

New universal image for nut allergies:  

download.jpg.a1d88bd11422c2913216f8889a338f04.jpg

Edited by artisto · Reason: to edit
  • Like 14

22 minutes ago, artisto said:

Well...someone...knowing...that:

1) they are allergic to nuts

2) shouldn't buy apples decorated with nuts.

New universal image for nut allergies:  

download.jpg.a1d88bd11422c2913216f8889a338f04.jpg

I totally agree, I think with the company, it's more of a cost issue, but they can pass it off as an allergy concern.

• Like 13

6 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

I have always thought that they looked good to display, but seemed like they would be almost cumbersome to actually eat.  Not for me.

• Like 9

I used to order Prindables a lot, many years ago, and gave them as gifts to clients.  I ordered them right off the Mrs. Prindables website.  The apples they sell on their site don't look like the ones they sell at QVC - at all.  Just caramel, nuts and chocolate.  No crushed up stuff on them, except maybe toffee on a few?   I've never tried the ones QVC sells because I don't want all that stuff on them - pretzels, chocolate chips, etc.

• Like 9

I ordered Prindables two years in a row back around 2007.  The price I paid for 16 was the same price as the TSV is for only 10 and didn't have those silly gift boxes.  They were awesome, though! I'd eat one for dinner!  You definitely have to slice them...

• Like 11

16 hours ago, Thumper said:

Me, too. Those I would buy in the wintertime, when I'm not at the shore to get them. That's all I really need on a caramel apple.

---------------

11 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

For your penance, and to burn off a few calories, you must install fresh batteries in the 4,862 faux Luminara candles on the staircase of The Cathedral of the Janky Saint Douchess.  You're forgiven.

Thank you for the absolution. ?

~calling the Janky Joolrey Battery Co. of China~

"你好, 

你是否卖小型电池为janky珠宝?"

• Like 15

11 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

DEAD. Bwahahaha hahahahahaha.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

Me, too. Those I would buy in the wintertime, when I'm not at the shore to get them. That's all I really need on a caramel apple.

---------------

Thank you for the absolution. ?

~calling the Janky Joolrey Battery Co. of China~

"你好, 

你是否卖小型电池为janky珠宝?"

OMG!  This made me howl with laughter!  janky!

And don't you worry.....we're on our third tub and I just ordered another.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery · Reason: Enstroms is THE BEST!
  • Like 7

22 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

"你好, 

你是否卖小型电池为janky珠宝?"

你好,我們突然沒有說英文,也沒有中文。 我們不能容納這個請求或任何其他你的janky珠寶公司。 美好的一天!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Snark Byte said:

yes, I'm three years old.  Seeing Chinese writing makes me giggle.

Especially with the word "janky" embedded in the sentence.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, Snark Byte said:

Spoiler

Hello, we suddenly do not speak English nor Chinese, for that matter. We can not accommodate this request or any other from your janky jewelry company. Good day!

Translation!

• Like 13

17 hours ago, Snark Byte said:

Hmmmm..... I can only wonder what I was missing when THIS ☝️ was going on..... ?

• Like 4

I saw a post in a Facebook group from someone saying they received a moldy Berkshire Blanket. She said the Q didn't seem to care and just offered to initiate a return for her.

• Like 10

Here's an example of quality customer service:  I bought Muk Luk slippers a couple of months ago from Kohls and they fell apart. I left a negative review, basically stating that I have to glue the sole back onto the slipper. I was contacted by customer service less than 24 hours later, offering me another pair of slippers for the sale price, plus free shipping!  I really am surprised the Q hasn't folded by now...

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Jaded said:

I saw a post in a Facebook group from someone saying they received a moldy Berkshire Blanket. She said the Q didn't seem to care and just offered to initiate a return for her.

It was probably the same blanket Skunk had wrapped around her in that spread eagle pic of her on her couch... you know- the pic with the crotch stain...

• Like 14

Received two Cuddle Duds orders yesterday and am pleased with both:

http://www.qvc.com/Cuddl-Duds-Double-Plush-Velour-Leggings.product.A293100.html?productNumber=A293100&storeId=10251&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=A293100&upsh=1&sc=CSWB&TZ=CST

http://www.qvc.com/Cuddl-Duds-Stretch-Fleece-Novelty-Pajama-Set.product.A280242.html?upsh=1&sc=A280242-CSWB

I think the velour leggings were a TSV?  These are not skin tight, which I like.  Not sure if I'd wear them out of the house, but I might with the right top.  The waistband is comfortable and not too tight.  (I ordered my regular QVC size, large.)**

For the pj's, I went up a size to the XL because I like my pajamas loose.  These are cute and warm.  I could wear them around the house with other people around and not feel embarrassed.

**Edit:  I should add that my body type is apple -- bigger waist and slimmer in the legs.  If you have a smaller waist and fuller hips/thighs, this might fit you differently!

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 13

On 11/3/2017 at 10:30 AM, MissT said:

My mom bought me the Halo Portable Car Jump starter kit - http://www.qvc.com/HALO-Bolt-AC-DC-58%2C830-mWh-Portable-Charge-Car-JumpStarter-with-AC-Outlet.product.E229136.html.  It was a TSV. 

Just curious if any of you have purchased it and what your experience was? It seems like a great gift.  I wish I had it here in Florida during Hurricane Irma.  Though we were very lucky and only lost power for 12 hours.

Bought mine at Costco.   Believe it was $50.  

Have the Rikon knife block.  Love it. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, BecomingLimited said:

FAB TSV deal: I personally love this stuff. May re-up my order (got it last year on auto delivery).

Thanks for the mention. It's the same price as last year's TSV, but they're also including the two travel tubes too (how's that for alliteration?) which makes the deal even better. I like the Vanilla scent, but am thinking of maybe the Green Tea Lemon one. I didn't like the Rosemary Mint scent.

• Like 8

I love First Aid Beauty but I haven't tried their lotion. But I rely on their face cleanser. I really appreciate how fragrance free, gentle, and good at cleansing it is. I also just used their colloidal oatmeal mask for the first time tonight. My face seemed happy after. I'm fighting some acne and irritation and the moment.

Maybe I'll cop a feel of the lotion at Sephora later. I don't want to chance it when it might be greasy.

Edited by CueVeeCeeGirl
  • Like 11

5 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

Thanks for the mention. It's the same price as last year's TSV, but they're also including the two travel tubes too (how's that for alliteration?) which makes the deal even better. I like the Vanilla scent, but am thinking of maybe the Green Tea Lemon one. I didn't like the Rosemary Mint scent.

I know I will cave and order this today (should do now so Pat gets credit!). I liked the grapefruit scent but that is not available this time. Vanilla is very subtle, and I mean real life subtle not q subtle. I think I might try Green tea this time and switch it up next auto delivery. Good stuff.

• Like 8

Honeysuckle's the winner; we have them growing all around our backyard and everyone who goes back there says it smells amazing.  5 in the cart for Spiteless Gift Closet.

• Like 16

15 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Honeysuckle's the winner; we have them growing all around our backyard and everyone who goes back there says it smells amazing.  5 in the cart for Spiteless Gift Closet.

I got the honeysuckle last year...still have the second tub unopened.  I'm a sucker for body creams - but this stuff really works!

BTW, I also got the DiamondClean Sonicare TSV you mentioned in earlier post.  I also have an obsession with oral hygiene, but have always used Oral B.  I am excited to try the Sonicare - my dentist always touts it as the best, although he says the Oral B is also good...just not the best!

• Like 13

Just now, lovemesomejoolery said:

I got the honeysuckle last year...still have the second tub unopened.  I'm a sucker for body creams - but this stuff really works!

BTW, I also got the DiamondClean Sonicare TSV you mentioned in earlier post.  I also have an obsession with oral hygiene, but have always used Oral B.  I am excited to try the Sonicare - my dentist always touts it as the best, although he says the Oral B is also good...just not the best!

You're going to love it- it gives you the same feeling as when you get a professional cleaning, your breath will smell better for longer; if you use mouthwash you will feel it rushing through little gaps in your teeth that used to have invisible plaque blocking them, not even kidding.  I got my first Sonicare (with AA-batteries!) in a care package while in Iraq and it removed actual sandstorms from my mouth- they've only gotten better since.  Mine this year was purchased for my beautiful daughter whose adult teeth are all in now - between that for her teeth and the philosophy Fresh Cream she uses after the shower I can feel we are raising her properly.  (She'll also probably look 20 when she's 80, LOL.)  You really have to PM me after the first time you use it.

I also picked up those Kringle holiday gift bags with the drawstrings but it arrived in a really small box and now I'm worried it won't be enough, anyone know if they're still available?  My Hulk hands are not built for gift-wrapping.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, BecomingLimited said:

I know I will cave and order this today (should do now so Pat gets credit!). I liked the grapefruit scent but that is not available this time. Vanilla is very subtle, and I mean real life subtle not q subtle. I think I might try Green tea this time and switch it up next auto delivery. Good stuff.

I went with what I know and ordered the Vanilla. I'll wait and see what reviews come in, and what the consensus is on the new scents. I can always switch the next delivery.?

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I switched to a Sonicare toothbrush and I love it.    It gets to the backside of my front teeth and gets rid of all the fuzzy stuff!

• Like 8

10 hours ago, BecomingLimited said:

FAB TSV deal: I personally love this stuff. May re-up my order (got it last year on auto delivery).

I have severely destroyed cuticles in the Winter, as well as very dry, red, raw fingers (damn dishpan hands!) - do you think this stuff would work better than Vasoline Intensive Care Super Duper Dry Skin Goop?

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, Drogo said:

You're going to love it- it gives you the same feeling as when you get a professional cleaning, your breath will smell better for longer; if you use mouthwash you will feel it rushing through little gaps in your teeth that used to have invisible plaque blocking them, not even kidding.  I got my first Sonicare (with AA-batteries!) in a care package while in Iraq and it removed actual sandstorms from my mouth- they've only gotten better since.  Mine this year was purchased for my beautiful daughter whose adult teeth are all in now - between that for her teeth and the philosophy Fresh Cream she uses after the shower I can feel we are raising her properly.  (She'll also probably look 20 when she's 80, LOL.)  You really have to PM me after the first time you use it.

I also picked up those Kringle holiday gift bags with the drawstrings but it arrived in a really small box and now I'm worried it won't be enough, anyone know if they're still available?  My Hulk hands are not built for gift-wrapping.

I will!

P.S.  I am also a fanatic about using a Waterpik....might not have to with the Sonicare.....we'll see!

• Like 7

I should be receiving my VPH Wreath a few days after Thanksgiving. My house will be officially open for Christmans then. LOL!! I ordered a different wreath this time. This one has a truck as the center piece. It looked cute on the air. I'll will have to wait and see if it's cute in person. For years, I ordered her balsam wreath and then realized I could buy a cheap one at the Giant and add the pine cones and wreath from the previous VPH wreath(s). I have a huge bag of the pine cones alone. I still use her bows around my house. Some of them aren't in great shape since they had been on my front door during the wintertime in the Philly area. I just checked and they still have the Fresh Balsam Jingle Bell Wreath by Valerie Del. Week 11/27 for $44.50. Yup! They are kind of pricey. Pretty but pricey!

BTW! I just checked and the wreath I ordered (way back in July...what was I thinking?) is $46.50. Oooooops! I guess I didn't think that one through. LOL!!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Like 8

24 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Thank you so much for your service!

giphy.gif

31 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I will!

P.S.  I am also a fanatic about using a Waterpik....might not have to with the Sonicare.....we'll see!

So was I, but I barely use it now.  That thing is messy AF.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Rustybones said:

Can anyone give their review on the TSV cream?  It looks tempting.

I really like and recommend it. Ordered last year (same price, slightly smaller amount). Did auto delivery. Enjoyed the vanilla and grapefruit scents (both quite mild). Ordered again today again on auto delivery in the green tea but may switch throughout the year. Not goopy or greasy. Check other threads for more posts from people who like it/use it. Bought while Pat was presenting because I like her and want someone nice to get credit for the sale.

Edited by BecomingLimited
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Drogo said:

Looks like both are there waiting for you if you need more - either 60 pcs H213046 for $19.68 or 56 pc H213460 for $21.14.  Not sure what the difference is - typical QVC, you get less but they'll charge you more.  

You all have convinced me, sounds like its time to "upgrade" my Sonicare with its new and improved model -if it can survive Iraq, a visit to my mouth will be easy. 

I echo the thoughts of previous posters in thanking you for your service.

• Like 13

If anyone wants flameless candles with glitter, Michael's has them in silver and gold.  I couldn't tell if the red one they sold had glitter on it.  They're having an early black Friday sale today and tomorrow.  Even without the sale, the candles are cheaper than what QVC is offering.  

• Like 8

4 hours ago, hummingbird said:

back to Sonicare, in the past, I have got them from Costco, but they sell them in a 2 "pack up",  so the last time I got one at BBB and used a Mfgr coupon and a BBB coupon so that ended up being a really good buy.  There is usually a 10 or 15 buck coupon in the paper 

I bought mine at Target.  Not their top $$ model, but not the lowest either.  As I said earlier, I'm a convert!

• Like 11

11 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I will!

I love my Waterpik too and still use it religiously along with my Sonicare.  As for using both yes or no, everyone's situation is different.  

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Rustybones said:

Can anyone give their review on the TSV cream?  It looks tempting.

It's not greasy on the skin like I found the Argan body butter to be. It absorbs quickly. The scent is light. My skin feels softer after using it. I don't get that feeling like it's trapping the heat in my skin. It worked well in the summertime after I had too much sun; it felt soothing.

I'm normally not a lotions and potions person, but I've reordered this.

• Like 11

11 hours ago, BecomingLimited said:

I really like and recommend it. Ordered last year (same price, slightly smaller amount). Did auto delivery. Enjoyed the vanilla and grapefruit scents (both quite mild). Ordered again today again on auto delivery in the green tea but may switch throughout the year. Not goopy or greasy. Check other threads for more posts from people who like it/use it. Bought while Pat was presenting because I like her and want someone nice to get credit for the sale.

Thanks for the review. My hands look like shit right now from the cold and dryness.  i need something really intensive.

I just bought the vanilla. I will report back here on how i like it. I'm confident I'll love it because I adore FAB.

Edited by CueVeeCeeGirl
  • Like 12

7 hours ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

Thanks for the review. My hands look like shit right now from the cold and dryness.  i need something really intensive.

I just bought the vanilla. I will report back here on how i like it. I'm confident I'll love it because I adore FAB.

My hands are in the same condition.  I swear I got a crack on one of my fingers on the very.first.day the temps dropped.  Probably my own fault because I am such a lazy bones about putting on hand creams, maybe because so many just don't seem to work for me.  I'm trying the First Aid beauty too - fingers crossed.

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 12

I have a fear I will poison my cat by transferring a product from my hands/fingers when petting her.

So I bought some of those white cotton gloves in the hope that if I put on a product and cover with gloves overnight--might do the trick.

Edited by SeriousPurrs
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Has anyone tried the Beekman lip balms?  

I have.  I like them....but then, I love the Beekman Boys, so I'm easy.   They certainly don't irritate, like some cheaper drugstore brands have.  I've re-ordered several times.

• Like 8