Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Product Reviews: After Sales

Wonder if wonders, I received my gray denim jacket today after ordering it on Monday !  It is very nice, good color, fits , smooth zipper, now all I need is better weather so I can wear it. 🥰

• Like 10

QVC had a special with the large and small versions of this, and I ordered a set for me and one for my husband, figuring if he didn’t like it, I’d find a use for it.  To my surprise and happiness, he likes it!  We are traveling, and he likes it for all his medications and some other stuff.  I like mine, too.  (I got leopard, he got plain black.) 😀

https://www.qvc.com/Lug-Cosmetic-Case--Trolley.product.F12728.html?sc=IROA

• Like 6

I bought this as a Lunchtime Special, for about $33.  Am pleased with it. Some of the reviews said the plastic “boxes” aren’t as sturdy as they had wanted, which is a little true.  I really wanted it for the travel mirror which has its own padded bag, and the bags included!  lol.  I am hoping they will be good for travel, as it seems compact.  Keep an eye out for it; if it goes even cheaper, it’s an even better deal.

https://www.qvc.com/Beauty-%26-The-Box-Pop-Up-Cosmetic-Travel-Case.product.A377524.html?sc=PRODFEED

• Like 3

I thought I would share my thoughts about the Squirrel Brand Ruby Royale mix that we received yesterday:

https://www.qvc.com/Squirrel-Brand-(3)-12oz-Ruby-Royale-Assortment.product.M71710.html?sc=PSCH&qq=mh&TZ=EST

Overall, I think they taste very good. It is a pretty sweet mix, nice and crunchy with a good dose of chewy with the cranberries.

I would eat a pine cone covered in ruby cacao, so of course I like the covered almonds. (Of course, I wish there were more ruby cacao in the mix, but you can only put so much on an almond, so no fault there.)

The vanilla-confection-covered dried cranberries are very, very good. I like them even more than I thought I would.

The uncovered cranberries and pistachios are fine, not spectacular. My only real complaint is that both of them seem a little meager compared to the other pieces above—I would have liked more meatier berries and larger/whole nuts in there, and the unsalted pistachios seemed a little bland-tasting (see more below). Even though these two pieces don’t stand out, they don’t take away from the overall taste of the mix.

My one suggestion (besides even more ruby cacao!) would be maybe using lightly salted pistachios (I know, I know—I’m not exactly a health maven here!). I think they would make for a good balance against the rest of the sweet pieces and bring out a little more pistachio flavor.

I’d give them 4 out of 5 stars, would recommend them if you have a sweet tooth, and would buy them again (just not too often, at $16 per can!).

• Like 3
  • Useful 5

12 minutes ago, MisterShrug said:

I thought I would share my thoughts about the Squirrel Brand Ruby Royale mix that we received yesterday:

https://www.qvc.com/Squirrel-Brand-(3)-12oz-Ruby-Royale-Assortment.product.M71710.html?sc=PSCH&qq=mh&TZ=EST

Overall, I think they taste very good. It is a pretty sweet mix, nice and crunchy with a good dose of chewy with the cranberries.

I would eat a pine cone covered in ruby cacao, so of course I like the covered almonds. (Of course, I wish there were more ruby cacao in the mix, but you can only put so much on an almond, so no fault there.)

The vanilla-confection-covered dried cranberries are very, very good. I like them even more than I thought I would.

The uncovered cranberries and pistachios are fine, not spectacular. My only real complaint is that both of them seem a little meager compared to the other pieces above—I would have liked more meatier berries and larger/whole nuts in there, and the unsalted pistachios seemed a little bland-tasting (see more below). Even though these two pieces don’t stand out, they don’t take away from the overall taste of the mix.

My one suggestion (besides even more ruby cacao!) would be maybe using lightly salted pistachios (I know, I know—I’m not exactly a health maven here!). I think they would make for a good balance against the rest of the sweet pieces and bring out a little more pistachio flavor.

I’d give them 4 out of 5 stars, would recommend them if you have a sweet tooth, and would buy them again (just not too often, at $16 per can!).

Thanks for the review of this!  I bought one can from Amazon that should be here by Wednesday.  It was around $16.50, and I just noticed that it is an 18 ounce can versus the 12 ounce, and free shipping.  I think it ships direct from Squirrel Brand, because even though it's a Prime item, it takes almost 2 weeks to arrive.  The only reason I didn't get the ones from QVC is because we would eat all three cans in one sitting!

I'm looking forward to receiving it now, based on your review!  And I agree - a little salt is always good in these mixes, to balance the sweet.   

• Like 4

image.png.779a20d4e872a1dc2b0d81133b9991d2.png

I just received this tunic (A388951). I'm really glad I got it.  It is nice quality and I think it would flatter any figure. I got around $20 on a lunchtime special. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

image.png.779a20d4e872a1dc2b0d81133b9991d2.png

I just received this tunic (A388951). I'm really glad I got it.  It is nice quality and I think it would flatter any figure. I got around $20 on a lunchtime special. 

That is very pretty!

• Like 5

If you like a good loaf of bread, and who doesn’t, M71039 is a winner. It’s an Artisan sampler that includes Sourdough, French, Rosemary, Garlic,and a pair of Demi baguettes. The bread is organic and non- gmo, if that is important to you, and it isn’t frozen. That’s a lot of bread so you may want to throw it in the freezer, but it’s not necessary. When you want to serve it , just pop it in the oven at 425 for about 15 min. It’s really good. In my area good bread is hard to come by, so it is worth it for me. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4

Reporting back on the Calista FauxBlo. I will admit it is a great hair tool. I was actually surprised how well it works. Makes smooth bouncy waves. It gets really hot though!!  Feels hotter than 365°! I burned the palm of my hand slightly on the first use not thinking to use the glove and because I use my other hotter tools like the InStyler rotating iron and Perfector Pro without getting burned. I recommend it.  So far, I think it is better than the InStyler and just as good as the Perfector Pro and much better than a hairdryer.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

15 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Reporting back on the Calista FauxBlo. I will admit it is a great hair tool. I was actually surprised how well it works. Makes smooth bouncy waves. It gets really hot though!!  Feels hotter than 365°! I burned the palm of my hand slightly on the first use not thinking to use the glove and because I use my other hotter tools like the InStyler rotating iron and Perfector Pro without getting burned. I recommend it. I think so far it is better than the InStyler and just as good as the Perfector Pro and much better than a hairdryer.

What is your hair length, @mpeeps?    Fine, coarse, thin, thick, curly, straight,  etc? 

• Like 1

@Thumper I have thick, wavy straight,  layered, little past the shoulders, color treated hair that has the tendency to frizz out especially with high humidity, my worst enemy. The more gray I get, the coarser it gets. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2

image.png.8d985a2076e75600d1b3149c825fc6ab.png

Finally got the Koolabura set(s). Bad, bad, bad. The top is huge compared to the pants. All the hosts must have mixed the tops and bottoms. The fabric felt way too silky. It felt like the long underwear that you wear under dress clothes.

• Useful 3
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 4

On 4/7/2021 at 6:31 PM, LeeDenny said:

image.png.8d985a2076e75600d1b3149c825fc6ab.png

Finally got the Koolabura set(s). Bad, bad, bad. The top is huge compared to the pants. All the hosts must have mixed the tops and bottoms. The fabric felt way too silky. It felt like the long underwear that you wear under dress clothes.

It's attractive, but I think it looks good on that model and on most people it will be a disappointment. That's when they show the models who are 5'9 and in xxs.....:)  did you return it?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

It's attractive, but I think it looks good on that model and on most people it will be a disappointment. That's when they show the models who are 5'9 and in xxs.....:)  did you return it?

Definitely returned it. 

• Like 1

I found these in my closet, wore them a day or two, and just ordered 2 more pairs.  (Now reduced price!). For my apple shape, they work well.   I bought a large, which do not fit like a tight legging. Could try a medium to fit my legs better, but I think then the waist would be too snug.  They are still loose in my thigh area, but most women would probably fill this out.

I like them because they are comfortable enough to wear around the house.  They don’t cut into my legs or waist.  But, they are cuter, a closer cut  and more flattering than the loose sweats I normally wear at home.  I am also comfortable wearing them out, as I don’t need skin-tight pants all the time.

https://www.qvc.com/Denim-%26-Co-Distressed-Pull-On-Stretch-Denim-Leggings.product.A295070.html?sc=PRODFEED

@AuntCarol, you might like these too.  I bought them in the dark denim. 

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

On 4/28/2021 at 7:18 PM, Thumper said:

I found these in my closet, wore them a day or two, and just ordered 2 more pairs.  (Now reduced price!). For my apple shape, they work well.   I bought a large, which do not fit like a tight legging. Could try a medium to fit my legs better, but I think then the waist would be too snug.  They are still loose in my thigh area, but most women would probably fill this out.

I like them because they are comfortable enough to wear around the house.  They don’t cut into my legs or waist.  But, they are cuter, a closer cut  and more flattering than the loose sweats I normally wear at home.  I am also comfortable wearing them out, as I don’t need skin-tight pants all the time.

https://www.qvc.com/Denim-%26-Co-Distressed-Pull-On-Stretch-Denim-Leggings.product.A295070.html?sc=PRODFEED

@AuntCarol, you might like these too.  I bought them in the dark denim. 

I’ll check them out THUMPER. They look cute. I’ll hVe to check and see if they have side pockets. Gotta have pockets. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

yes,  I found a skort  that I loved would be great for golf and going out but no pockets at all,  

@hummingbird - Chico's has some great skorts in their Zenergy line, and most have generously sized pockets. The pockets are what sold me on them, and they're really comfortable to wear.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

I’ll check them out THUMPER. They look cute. I’ll hVe to check and see if they have side pockets. Gotta have pockets. 

I think only back pockets, but not sure. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

KUHN RIKON pull chopper

reviews

Q is selling set of 2, I don't need 2 of course

K50212 is a single chopper. It’s a great product.

• Useful 1

Has anyone else found items in their wish list after you actually placed your order?  This happened to me again tonight.  I was checking to see when my order was due to arrive, and found that it had been placed in my wish list and was never ordered.  This has been happening over the last year or so.  Very frustrating.  And is seems to be quite random.

• Surprise 6

Have not had much luck with DG2 items from HSN, but have to admit I like these.

https://www.hsn.com/products/dg2-by-diane-gilman-crocheted-lace-trim-tank/9868314   A little too A-line, but hoping with washing it will relax a bit.  Bought one in black and other in coral.  Love the crochet.

https://www.hsn.com/products/dg2-by-diane-gilman-classic-stretch-crochet-hem-cropped/9869024  Love the crochet.  Did not size down as I am fat in the waist.  Thighs a little big, but so it goes for us Apples!  Really cute.  Bought one in coral and one in chambray.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, Thumper said:

Have not had much luck with DG2 items from HSN, but have to admit I like these.

https://www.hsn.com/products/dg2-by-diane-gilman-crocheted-lace-trim-tank/9868314   A little too A-line, but hoping with washing it will relax a bit.  Bought one in black and other in coral.  Love the crochet.

https://www.hsn.com/products/dg2-by-diane-gilman-classic-stretch-crochet-hem-cropped/9869024  Love the crochet.  Did not size down as I am fat in the waist.  Thighs a little big, but so it goes for us Apples!  Really cute.  Bought one is coral and one in chambray.

I bought the matching denim jacket. It’s really cute. No issues with the crochet in the washer. 

• Like 2

Hello all! 

About Bombas... I saw the commercials so much and resisted, but I took the plunge when I saw them presented on the Q ('cause Easy Pay). I bought the 6pk of no-shows. When I wore the first pair I thought, "Wow...these ARE comfortable and the DO stay put!" Then when I came home and took off my shoes after a day of errands, I was greeted by my big toe. Sure I was disappointed, but I was all, "...whatever I have 5 other pairs..." Well folks, my right and left big toes have taken turns busting through one sock on all 6 pairs. What a waste of $40 🙁 I'm not the only one that has busted through their Bombas either, according to the reviews. I'm really surprised that a company, who primarily designs socks, didn't think to reinforce the toes where they typically take the most wear and tear. 🤔

You had one job, Bombas!!!

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

Hello all! 

About Bombas... I saw the commercials so much and resisted, but I took the plunge when I saw them presented on the Q ('cause Easy Pay). I bought the 6pk of no-shows. When I wore the first pair I thought, "Wow...these ARE comfortable and the DO stay put!" Then when I came home and took off my shoes after a day of errands, I was greeted by my big toe. Sure I was disappointed, but I was all, "...whatever I have 5 other pairs..." Well folks, my right and left big toes have taken turns busting through one sock on all 6 pairs. What a waste of $40 🙁 I'm not the only one that has busted through their Bombas either, according to the reviews. I'm really surprised that a company, who primarily designs socks, didn't think to reinforce the toes where they typically take the most wear and tear. 🤔

You had one job, Bombas!!!

Welcome!

You're referring to these, right?

https://www.qvc.com/Bombas-Set-of-6-Lightweight-No-Shows-with-Laundry-Bag.product.A388967.html

Honestly, I'd never heard of this brand before.  Thanks for the review.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Welcome!

You're referring to these, right?

https://www.qvc.com/Bombas-Set-of-6-Lightweight-No-Shows-with-Laundry-Bag.product.A388967.html

Honestly, I'd never heard of this brand before.  Thanks for the review.

Yes 😔

I've tried a lot of no shows and they were all uncomfortable one way or another. Bombas had the potential to be great because they don't move around, bunch up, and are super breathable, but all of that is moot if they fall apart at the end of the day. Like literally, after wearing them once.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

58 minutes ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

Yes 😔

I've tried a lot of no shows and they were all uncomfortable one way or another. Bombas had the potential to be great because they don't move around, bunch up, and are super breathable, but all of that is moot if they fall apart at the end of the day. Like literally, after wearing them once.

That's too bad to hear you didn't have good luck. I have a drawerful and haven't had a problem. Maybe the quality has gone down. That seems to happen when things end up on Q.

• Like 7

I wonder if QVC makes Bombas change the quality?  I bought direct from Bombas sometime last year and mine have held up fine, too.  My husband has been wearing them for a good couple of years and they've worked great for him and have held up just fine.  He also bought direct from Bombas.

• Like 4
  • Useful 5

Just now, lovemesomejoolery said:

I wonder if QVC makes Bombas change the quality?  I bought direct from Bombas sometime last year and mine have held up fine, too.  My husband has been wearing them for a good couple of years and they've worked great for him and have held up just fine.  He also bought direct from Bombas.

I bought mine from Bombas also. The reviews on Q haven't been very good. I wouldn't think a vendor would cheapen their merchandise under the same brand name. Weird.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

4 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I bought mine from Bombas also. The reviews on Q haven't been very good. I wouldn't think a vendor would cheapen their merchandise under the same brand name. Weird.

I think a lot of them do that to meet QVC's price points and huge volume requirements. For example, in recent years I've seen many complaints that the Clark's shoes sold on QVC are inferior quality compared to shoes from the Clark's website and major retailers. Have heard the same thing about Dooney handbags.

• Like 4
  • Useful 8

Haven't we heard that some Q Clark's shoe soles have actually disintegrated on the foot while walking? 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 3

1 minute ago, mpeeps said:

Haven't we heard that some Q Clark's shoe soles have actually disintegrated on the foot while walking? 

Yes, quite a few people said the soles crumbled while they were walking. People have posted pictures of their destroyed shoes in reviews. When they complained, Clark's always told them not to store the shoes in their cardboard shoe boxes. WTF? Is air flow supposed to keep those synthetic soles from falling to pieces? I think that's a poor excuse.

I have several pairs of Clark's sandals that I keep in boxes. (I like to keep all my shoes in their original boxes.) I haven't had a problem with disintegrating soles. I didn't buy any of my Clark's from QVC.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3

10 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Late last year Louis Del'Ollio straight-out said Q dumped his line because the buyers wanted him to do just that and he refused to compromise the quality of his product.

• Like 3
  • Useful 8
  • Surprise 3

My whole family has been wearing Bombas for a few years, ordered directly from their website, and they’ve held up really well. They’re extremely durable and I’ve never had to replace a pair. Did not order them from QVC. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Late last year Louis Del'Ollio straight-out said Q dumped his line because the buyers wanted him to do just that and he refused to compromise the quality of his product.

This isn't comparing apples to apples, though, when you look at the original statement "I wouldn't think a vendor would cheapen their merchandise under the same brand name."  LDO, as far as I'm aware, didn't sell his line at any other place except QVC.  For example, Halston sells in department stores like Nordstrom under the brand "Halston Heritage" and just "Halston" at Neiman Marcus.  At QVC, that line is (or was) "H by Halston".  All three lines, no matter where they are sold, are a different tier of price point.  I think the original statement refers to the fact that you wouldn't expect the "Halston" line to dumb down or cheapen it's brand for QVC.......instead, it came up with "H by Halston" in order to meet the price point expectation by QVC and their customers.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

48 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

This isn't comparing apples to apples, though, when you look at the original statement "I wouldn't think a vendor would cheapen their merchandise under the same brand name."  LDO, as far as I'm aware, didn't sell his line at any other place except QVC.  For example, Halston sells in department stores like Nordstrom under the brand "Halston Heritage" and just "Halston" at Neiman Marcus.  At QVC, that line is (or was) "H by Halston".  All three lines, no matter where they are sold, are a different tier of price point.  I think the original statement refers to the fact that you wouldn't expect the "Halston" line to dumb down or cheapen it's brand for QVC.......instead, it came up with "H by Halston" in order to meet the price point expectation by QVC and their customers.

Yes, I screwed up.  I should have said that Louis was asked to dumb down his QVC line and he refused.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Yes, I screwed up.  I should have said that Louis was asked to dumb down his QVC line and he refused.

I don't think you screwed up at all. I for one knew exactly what you meant with your post.

• Like 2

Regarding the Calista Perfector hair tool discussed in the Host thread:

I'll start by saying that my prowess with hair tools is legendar...

...ily bad, but for me, it's more a tool for smoothing and not so much curling.  I found it a bit difficult to use when I had shorter (bit longer than JRT's) hair, as I was always getting it tangled, sometimes to the point where I was afraid I wouldn't get it out!  My hair is longer now, and I haven't found it particularly helpful in trying to manage my naturally wavy, unruly locks.

I have had more success with smoothing, straightening, and yes, even curling, with my flat iron.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

...ily bad, but for me, it's more a tool for smoothing and not so much curling.  I found it a bit difficult to use when I had shorter (bit longer than JRT's) hair, as I was always getting it tangled, sometimes to the point where I was afraid I wouldn't get it out!  My hair is longer now, and I haven't found it particularly helpful in trying to manage my naturally wavy, unruly locks.

I have had more success with smoothing, straightening, and yes, even curling, with my flat iron.

Oh boy.  I was convinced to order it.  My hair the opposite of yours — straight at my shoulders.  Looking for something to give me a little more volume or lift.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Oh boy.  I was convinced to order it.  My hair the opposite of yours — straight at my shoulders.  Looking for something to give me a little more volume or lift.

And it may do just that! I probably shouldn't have said anything, lol.

• Like 1

I ordered two Harry Slatkin lemongrass citronella candles https://www.qvc.com/HomeWorx-by-Harry-Slatkin-22oz-Lemongrass-Citronella-Candle.product.H225410.html?productNumber=H225410&sc=ISRC and burned one yesterday because this time of the year I get various gnats in my home that like to hover in my face. I lit a candle and put it on my coffee table, watched TV and the little bugger that had been annoying me disappeared. Ha! Human - 1, Gnat - 0. The scent is decent. I thought it might be overpowering because I noticed how fragrant these candles are when I took them out the box, but it's actually not bad- and I'm pretty scent sensitive. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

On 6/21/2021 at 8:21 PM, PopItInUrWasher said:

Yes 😔

I have been searching for years...and finally this spring found THE perfect ones........Totes brand.  Sold at Walmart.  They have different levels of no show....high cut, medium cut, low cut, super low cut....I have them all so I am covered whatever closed shoe I wear.  Come in nude and white (maybe black too  I think but not sure) They are freakin awesome, not too thick, not too thin, dont slip off heel, not hot, I have washed about 10 times and still fit like new, and inexpensive!

• Useful 6

1 hour ago, Cupcake04 said:

I have been searching for years...and finally this spring found THE perfect ones........Totes brand.  Sold at Walmart.  They have different levels of no show....high cut, medium cut, low cut, super low cut....I have them all so I am covered whatever closed shoe I wear.  Come in nude and white (maybe black too  I think but not sure) They are freakin awesome, not too thick, not too thin, dont slip off heel, not hot, I have washed about 10 times and still fit like new, and inexpensive!

Thank you! I'm going to check them out!

On 6/24/2021 at 7:46 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I sent mine back.  Maybe I ordered too large a size, but it just didn’t do much.  It lifted my hair a little but, and gave it some wave, but after awhile my hair just fell down again.  Fun to try it!   Might look for a cheaper model at Target and keep playing with it.

I really like the Calista hair spray, though!  If they ever offer it separately, I would buy.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

On 6/22/2021 at 1:18 AM, mpeeps said:

That is what happened to me. Not only Clarks but the White Mountain sandals did the same thing. All of my shoes that had that polyurethane sole disintegrated after a few years. Such a shame. I paid more to get the leather sandals from Clarks so they'd last longer. I had no idea the sole would break down into a sticky mess. Now, I think about every shoe I buy.

• Surprise 3
  • Sad 4

I’ve bought Clark’s shoes for years and have had two pair fall apart after I’d owned/worn them for over 10 years. I’m sure I’ve owned 12-14 pairs of Clarks and been very happy with them. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1