Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Product Reviews: After Sales

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Not sure what their "loungers" are 

Athletic pants that taper at the calf and have elastic around the ankles.  Sort of like harem pants, but instead of looking like you have on a full diaper you'd look like you have on a half-full diaper. 

I also picked up a few of the S/2 compact Reversabrellas which make great gifts.  Love practical gifts.  

• Like 2

I love my Cuddl Duds fleece pjs for lounging but was looking at the lounger (jogger style) pants if I needed to be out in the yard for a few minutes or make a quick drop off but like I said they grabbed and clinged in all the wrong places and weren't even comfortable as they claim to be!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

you can buy spatula thingie at the beauty supply store or use a plastic spoon for the body butter, but then you need a space for same 

fingers here they can be washed 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

I received my Josie Maran Super Mega Argan Favorites about a week ago.  Ordered unscented.  I detect a certain smell to it in the Body Milk and the Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter -- kind of a "sour" scent.  Maybe it is the oil?  I have never smelled it in the face milk.   I'm keeping it because I do like the face milk, but I would not buy either of the other products again.  The smell seems to go away after awhile and I mostly use it on my legs.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5

For some reason, I'm glad I talked myself out of buying the NN tsv mattress! Though I was tempted.  

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Thumper said:

I received my Josie Maran Super Mega Argan Favorites about a week ago.  Ordered unscented.  I detect a certain smell to it in the Body Milk and the Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter -- kind of a "sour" scent.  Maybe it is the oil?  I have never smelled it in the face milk.   I'm keeping it because I do like the face milk, but I would not buy either of the other products again.  The smell seems to go away after awhile and I mostly use it on my legs.

Ugh, sorry to hear that, as I ordered the unscented as well, just haven't opened it.  I order unscented so my lotions and potions won't compete with my fragrances, which I like and spend significant $$ buying, so...

• Like 3

the body milk has lactic acid so that could account for the "smell" 

jmpo I think there is no way products can have no smell at all

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

the body milk has lactic acid so that could account for the "smell" 

jmpo I think there is no way products can have no smell at all

I’ve read that a lot of times unscented means the manufacturer adds scent to balance the naturally occurring scent of the product thereby making it “unscented”.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 1

6 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I’ve read that a lot of times unscented means the manufacturer adds scent to balance the naturally occurring scent of the product thereby making it “unscented”.

True........I worked for Clinique many years ago, well known for being one of the few cosmetic lines with"unscented" products at the time.  They added scent to their products for just what you said above.  Additionally, some additives used to promote shelf life have scent.

5 hours ago, Thumper said:

@LeeDenny, let us know what you think.  Could just be my nose!  Interesting info above.   

I have the body serum from last year, although not unscented, it is the vanilla apricot.  Right out of the bottle it has a funny sort of smell.......almost rancid smelling.  I persevered, and once I put it on my skin, about 15 minutes later, all I smell is the vanilla apricot.  @hummingbird is correct - the lactic acid is what you are smelling.  It really is a super product, so I hope whatever it is you are smelling isn't so off putting that it makes you not want to use it!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

16 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

True........I worked for Clinique many years ago, well known for being one of the few cosmetic lines with"unscented" products at the time.  They added scent to their products for just what you said above.  Additionally, some additives used to promote shelf life have scent.

I have the body serum from last year, although not unscented, it is the vanilla apricot.  Right out of the bottle it has a funny sort of smell.......almost rancid smelling.  I persevered, and once I put it on my skin, about 15 minutes later, all I smell is the vanilla apricot.  @hummingbird is correct - the lactic acid is what you are smelling.  It really is a super product, so I hope whatever it is you are smelling isn't so off putting that it makes you not want to use it!

Okay, thanks.  Yeah, the smell goes away after awhile.  I could probably tolerate Vanilla Apricot, but I don't like scents on my face.  (Is the face milk scented too?)  Never mind, I can look it up.  Thanks everyone, for your information and help!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Okay, thanks.  Yeah, the smell goes away after awhile.  I could probably tolerate Vanilla Apricot, but I don't like scents on my face.  (Is the face milk scented too?)  Never mind, I can look it up.  Thanks everyone, for your information and help!

face milk unscented I believe 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I can recommend A293100 Cuddl Duds Double Plush Velour Leggings.  I love wearing them at home, under longer tops.  They look nice enough for casual holiday legging look, too.  They are warm but more attractive than baggy sweats or joggers.  Have 3 pairs; thinking of ordering another in blue.   Black Friday price $18.98.  

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 4
  • Useful 5

Awhile back many of you were singing the praises of the “ Flippy,” the gizmo that can hold your iPad or other device. Well they marked it down and I ordered it, and now I too am a fan. I’m glad I paid attention to your reviews. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Better Beauty Case Quilted 3-piece Set

680-461

Has anyone had experience with this brand?  I'm thinking of giving it to my son/family.  They're stock car racers.  Son and 2 grandsons.  So they spend a lot of time at race tracks in their RV.  They also take a road trip once or twice a year....not in the RV 😀

It gets great reviews but would love to hear from folks here too.

Thanks!

For anyone who's had Berkshire throws and Kohl's Big One throws is there a huge difference between them?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AnnaCody said:

Better Beauty Case Quilted 3-piece Set

680-461

Has anyone had experience with this brand?  I'm thinking of giving it to my son/family.  They're stock car racers.  Son and 2 grandsons.  So they spend a lot of time at race tracks in their RV.  They also take a road trip once or twice a year....not in the RV 😀

It gets great reviews but would love to hear from folks here too.

Thanks!

I'm interested too.  Have not seen a presentation, but looks/reads like they are large when rolled up?

Macy’s carries Berkshire products. When I’ve looked they have been a lot cheaper than Q. And faster shipping. 

• Useful 6

Reviews of Real Good Foods "Real Enchiladas", both of the varieties sold on QVC:

Did not buy from QVC; rather, got a package of each at WalMart.

First off, as is mentioned frequently in the customer reviews elsewhere, you get two enchiladas per tray, but they are tiny.  I measured them frozen and a pair of them measured around 4 1/2 inches in length by 2 1/2 inches in width by somewhere around 1 1/4 inches in height.  For perspective, the box containing a standard 4.25 oz bar of soap is about 4 inches by 2 1/4 inches by 1 1/2 inches.  The enchiladas are 4.7 oz.  Yes, I may need to get a life.

I sampled a bit of each, with the rest going into the fridge for later.

I have to say they do a good job of making the chicken and cheese tortillas look like a regular tortilla and the taste isn't that much different, IMHO.  However, neither package had a lot of sauce.   They are also salt bombs.

1) Two Cheese with Red Sauce (Monterey Jack and Cheddar, 2 enchiladas having 350 cal, 25g fat, 14g saturated, 100mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 4g carbs, 25g protein)

Since I microwaved these, the cheese leaked out as expected and the grease was evident (duh).  As mentioned, not much sauce.  Not very hot or spicy at all, IMHO, but I thought it was heavy and gloppy (also duh).

2) Chicken with Tomatillo Sauce (2 enchiladas having 190 cal, 9g fat, 5g saturated, 75mg cholesterol, 630mg sodium, 4g carbs, 20g protein)

Also nuked them.  These do have some heat and kick, which doesn't show up right away and comes mainly from the minimal amount of sauce, which I thought also had some sweetness to it.  I didn't think the heat/spice was that much, but someone who is averse to spicy foods should avoid this variety just to be safe.  Filling is light in texture but not anything special.  

I wouldn't buy the cheese ones again; the chicken ones, I probably would from Wally World but I'm not in a hurry.  These are primarily marketed for the Keto and low-carb types, and if you avoid gluten they're up your alley too.

Thus endeth the essay.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

2 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Macy’s carries Berkshire products. When I’ve looked they have been a lot cheaper than Q. And faster shipping. 

There isn't a Macy's near me. I only really look at their site when a sale with free shipping is mentioned elsewhere so I never thought to look on their site for Berkshire stuff. Thanks for mentioning they carry the line. 

Thank U GIF by Amanda

• Like 5

3 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Reviews of Real Good Foods "Real Enchiladas", both of the varieties sold on QVC:

Did not buy from QVC; rather, got a package of each at WalMart.

First off, as is mentioned frequently in the customer reviews elsewhere, you get two enchiladas per tray, but they are tiny.  I measured them frozen and a pair of them measured around 4 1/2 inches in length by 2 1/2 inches in width by somewhere around 1 1/4 inches in height.  For perspective, the box containing a standard 4.25 oz bar of soap is about 4 inches by 2 1/4 inches by 1 1/2 inches.  The enchiladas are 4.7 oz.  Yes, I may need to get a life.

I sampled a bit of each, with the rest going into the fridge for later.

I have to say they do a good job of making the chicken and cheese tortillas look like a regular tortilla and the taste isn't that much different, IMHO.  However, neither package had a lot of sauce.   They are also salt bombs.

1) Two Cheese with Red Sauce (Monterey Jack and Cheddar, 2 enchiladas having 350 cal, 25g fat, 14g saturated, 100mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 4g carbs, 25g protein)

Since I microwaved these, the cheese leaked out as expected and the grease was evident (duh).  As mentioned, not much sauce.  Not very hot or spicy at all, IMHO, but I thought it was heavy and gloppy (also duh).

2) Chicken with Tomatillo Sauce (2 enchiladas having 190 cal, 9g fat, 5g saturated, 75mg cholesterol, 630mg sodium, 4g carbs, 20g protein)

Also nuked them.  These do have some heat and kick, which doesn't show up right away and comes mainly from the minimal amount of sauce, which I thought also had some sweetness to it.  I didn't think the heat/spice was that much, but someone who is averse to spicy foods should avoid this variety just to be safe.  Filling is light in texture but not anything special.  

I wouldn't buy the cheese ones again; the chicken ones, I probably would from Wally World but I'm not in a hurry.  These are primarily marketed for the Keto and low-carb types, and if you avoid gluten they're up your alley too.

Thus endeth the essay.

OK, maybe not.  I just tried each of them cold.  The red sauce in the 2 cheese variety does have some kick to it, and the flavor of the filling in the chicken variety comes out more.  That being said these need to be eaten warm, especially the 2 cheese.  Frankly, when cold the solidified 2 cheese tastes rather gross and my opinion of the chicken went down.

• Useful 2
  • Surprise 2

Here's a great product, one I didn't purchase from QVC, but from Amazon.  Mr. Lovemesome found it for me!

In the winter, I use my Instant Pot quite frequently and most of what I make requires chicken stock.  A cup, maybe two, per recipe.  I buy cartons of the stock that is lower sodium (Wegman's culinary stock) than even some of the lower sodium brands by Swanson!  Anyhow, try as I might, some of it ends up going down the drain.  I just can't use it fast enough once I open a carton.  I've tried freezing it in ice cube trays, but that's tedious.

There are all different versions of this...I bought just one tray.  Tonight, as I was looking at all my condiments and sauces in the fridge, I found a bottle of key lime juice that will expire in December.  My key lime pie recipe only takes a 1/2 cup of juice....I took out my Souper tray, which hold a cup per cube and found they had 1/2 cup measurements in each "hole", which is perfect, and will pop them out tomorrow and store in a bag for use later! 

I highly suggest this!  Waste not, want not!

image.png.f5a60025531d751f650a6c2d2ab9c307.png

https://www.amazon.com/Souper-Cubes-Extra-Large-Silicone-Freezing/dp/B07GSSSTY9/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3DG3TRK21UMMC&keywords=souper%2Bcubes%2Bextra-large%2Bsilicone%2Bfreezing%2Btray&qid=1574223006&sprefix=souper%2Caps%2C162&sr=8-4&th=1

• Like 1
  • Useful 12

8 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Here's a great product, one I didn't purchase from QVC, but from Amazon.  Mr. Lovemesome found it for me!

In the winter, I use my Instant Pot quite frequently and most of what I make requires chicken stock.  A cup, maybe two, per recipe.  I buy cartons of the stock that is lower sodium (Wegman's culinary stock) than even some of the lower sodium brands by Swanson!  Anyhow, try as I might, some of it ends up going down the drain.  I just can't use it fast enough once I open a carton.  I've tried freezing it in ice cube trays, but that's tedious.

There are all different versions of this...I bought just one tray.  Tonight, as I was looking at all my condiments and sauces in the fridge, I found a bottle of key lime juice that will expire in December.  My key lime pie recipe only takes a 1/2 cup of juice....I took out my Souper tray, which hold a cup per cube and found they had 1/2 cup measurements in each "hole", which is perfect, and will pop them out tomorrow and store in a bag for use later! 

https://www.amazon.com/Souper-Cubes-Extra-Large-Silicone-Freezing/dp/B07GSSSTY9/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3DG3TRK21UMMC&keywords=souper%2Bcubes%2Bextra-large%2Bsilicone%2Bfreezing%2Btray&qid=1574223006&sprefix=souper%2Caps%2C162&sr=8-4&th=1

I like the lids on top  

• Like 3

I should have written this one a while back, but here's another review of a QVC food product.  In this case, I tried out the 3 Little Pigs Sous-Vide Egg Bites, one each of Bacon and Swiss and Prosciutto and Gruyere.  They are sold on HSN, but I bought these on sale from the grocery store.  There are two more varieties:  Mushroom and Swiss and Spinach and Feta.

Just like the Real Good Foods enchiladas I wrote about yesterday, these are low-carb, gluten-free, and have a good amount of protein.  All of the ingredients are recognizable.  But just like the enchiladas, these egg bites are high in sodium for the size.  The ones I had had a use-by date of about two months after I bought them, and they are refrigerated.

They are small; in the packaging they are about the size of a golf ball or a smidge bigger, although if you microwave them they expand in size.  I found, though, that even though they were small one of them was plenty.  I think they're trying to go for a souffle-like texture but they are a bit more dense.

Bacon and Swiss had 300mg of sodium and I could taste it.  Besides that, there was something off-putting about the taste.  I ate it all, but took my time, and I'm usually a fast eater.  Wouldn't buy again.

Prosciutto and Gruyere had 340mg of sodium and actually tasted less salty than the Bacon and Swiss.  There wasn't a weird taste issue with it unlike its colleague.  I did chew on some small pieces of fat from the Prosciutto, which was a bit annoying, but it's Prosciutto.  Overall I liked it.

Would I buy the P&G variety again?  Yes, but only when the grocery store has them on sale.  One big thing going for them is the convenience; I can microwave one in the package and have something rather filling to eat in about 40 seconds.  Of course, I can crack an egg in a mug or small bowl and add some ham and shredded cheese and it'll be ready in a minute or minute and a half.  But these would work well at the office, as something to have around if I'm staying in a hotel that has a room fridge and a microwave available somewhere to use, or as a backup if I ran out of regular eggs.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

15 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Thanks for this tip, LMSJ - I just ordered it from Amazon! I had the same issue you did - I use Kitchen Basics chicken and beef stocks for a lot of casseroles and one-pot meals, but never use up the carton for one recipe. This is a great solution for that leftover stock!

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Booney said:

Thanks for this tip, LMSJ - I just ordered it from Amazon!

This must be a universal reaction...me thinks.

Amazon needs to give QVC a commission.

• Laugh 6

We ordered this Lori Grenier cosmetics organizer for our "tween" who's just getting into makeup, and there were several bad reviews saying it had a bad smell or wasn't built well so we opened it in advance to let it 'air out'...

71vjHIHBEbL._UY395_.jpg

Well, it doesn't smell, it's nicely put together, and it's got a ton of room in it.  If anyone's in the market, it's much nicer than most of what we've seen in stores for the same or less money.  It can be pretty hard to buy gifts for girls between the ages of 11 and 45, but I think this could fit the bill nicely for many.

(Our friends at Amazon want $109 for the same thing the Q has for $69.) 

• Like 4
  • Useful 5

7 hours ago, Drogo said:

We ordered this Lori Grenier cosmetics organizer for our "tween" who's just getting into makeup, and there were several bad reviews saying it had a bad smell or wasn't built well so we opened it in advance to let it 'air out'...

71vjHIHBEbL._UY395_.jpg

Well, it doesn't smell, it's nicely put together, and it's got a ton of room in it.  If anyone's in the market, it's much nicer than most of what we've seen in stores for the same or less money.  It can be pretty hard to buy gifts for girls between the ages of 11 and 45, but I think this could fit the bill nicely for many.

(Our friends at Amazon want $109 for the same thing the Q has for $69.) 

That organizer looks great. I bought another one of Lori’s makeup organizers a couple of years ago, and have been very happy with it. 

0D5DB76F-03BD-4E57-9D24-0BF5F8EB7BF3.thumb.jpeg.653892c038f0e7c7937abdc5104d9657.jpeg

It was on clearance, and I don’t think the Q sells it anymore. I actually bought three of them, because they stack, so it gives me six drawers. You can remove some of the inserts to make room for bigger items. 

Edited by Booney
  • Like 6