Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Product Reviews: After Sales

Three recent purchases that I like:

https://www.qvc.com/Stan-Herman-Cashmere-Poly-Fleece-Lounge-Set.product.A381673.html?sc=PRODFEED

Cozy, soft and comfy!

https://www.qvc.com/Cuddl-Duds-Fleecewear-Bonded-Sherpa-Snap-Front-Jacket.product.A381706.html?sc=PRODFEED&TZ=CST

I love red/black Buffalo plaid, and couldn't resist this!  Bought a Large, could have worn a Medium, I think, but I kept it.  I'm not sure it's super flattering, but I love it anyway!  😀  To me, it is very winter-in-Minnesota!  (Although probably not warm enough for winter.)

From HSN:

https://www.hsn.com/products/g-by-giuliana-g-soft-denim-jegging/9531369

Did not expect to like this, as I tried a pair of G's jeans awhile ago and they did not work for me.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4

Those three stackable rings run REALLY small.  Going back.

Thumper please let us know how the Stan Herman lounge set fits.  From the pictures, it looks like it could be snug.

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

2 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Those three stackable rings run REALLY small.  Going back.

Thumper please let us know how the Stan Herman lounge set fits.  From the pictures, it looks like it could be snug.

Well, I like my lounge clothes (and most clothes!) to be fairly loose.  I ordered the Large and it is loose on me.  I carry my weight in my waist/tummy, with my hips and thighs being more slender (apple shape), so it doesn’t fit like the pic of the model.  I think they often put the models in clothing that is too tight — or at least tight for my tastes!

Edit: for instance, my bust measures about 41.  They state that large in this garment Is chest of 44.  I like it that way, as it skims over my tummy without hugging it!  

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

I have a recommendation also.  I prefer a wedge boot, and this is quite comfortable.  Sort of an UGGS type of fit, without being so...UGGy.  I'm an 11wide, and the fit seems just right.  I don't prefer the outside zipper (should be inside imo) but I'll live with it.  They really played up the waterproof feature, so I hope that's a real thing.

They were the TS when I ordered, but only a $5 difference (I think shipping was included also), but still a decent price.

bearpaw-megan-suede-sheepskin-bootie-with-neverwet

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Well, I like my lounge clothes (and most clothes!) to be fairly loose.  I ordered the Large and it is loose on me.  I carry my weight in my waist/tummy, with my hips and thighs being more slender (apple shape), so it doesn’t fit like the pic of the model.  I think they often put the models in clothing that is too tight — or at least tight for my tastes!

Edit: for instance, my bust measures about 41.  They state that large in this garment Is chest of 44.  I like it that way, as it skims over my tummy without hugging it!  

Thank you Thumper. That helps a lot

• Like 1

Those Bearpaws are really cute.  I prefer a wedge too and a little lift in a boot or with most my shoes. 

I must confess,  I tried a Wen hair mask (applied to damp hair, combed through, left on for about 45 min and rinsed) and I have to say I am pretty impressed with the results!  My hair looks and feels so much softer, shinier and healthier.  Nice body and bounce too.  After my blowout and Calista Perfector pro styling, it even looks more professional.  Not sure my hair will react the same second time around but I will try it again in a couple of weeks. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 1
  • Useful 5

33 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Those Bearpaws are really cute.  I prefer a wedge too and a little lift in a boot or with most my shoes.  I must confess,  I tried a Wen hair mask (applied to damp hair, combed through, left on for about 45 min and rinsed) and I have to say I am pretty impressed with the results!  My hair looks and feels so much softer, shinier and healthier.  Nice body and bounce too.  After my blowout and Calista Perfector pro styling, it even looks more professional.  Not sure my hair will react the same second time around but I will try it again in a couple of weeks. 

Wow!  You're now a WEN girl! 

Seriously, though, thanks for the review - I've always wondered about his mask.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

LOL! @lovemesomejoolery I wouldn't go that far!! It was hard enough for me to confess to liking his hair mask but I still wouldn't use his infamous cleansing conditioner regularly after all the horror stories I read but I did try it and it made my hair feel weighed down and on the greasy side anyways that's why I was surprised by the results of his hair mask and it's only a once in a while treatment which works for me.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

I really like the cubii that I bought. It's helping with my sitting on my butt in my home office. Good thing since I can't find compression socks that fit right.

• Like 7

Guess I'm a Stone-er too as Curtis Stone's bake pans are the absolute best.  Also like the Heartland chicken fried chicken breasts to keep in the freezer (I airfry).  Also like the Nifty rolling tray and ordered a second one.  These are used to hold my makeup at my work from home desk/vanity.  Still have to install the pop up rolling cabinet shelf tray as it takes 6 months for me to install anything no matter how easy.

By the way the second Nifty rolling tray came today and it stacks no problem at all.  Of course the top tray loses its rolling abilities but I'm ok with just having the bottom one roll.

Edited by mytmo · Reason: Update
  • Like 3
  • Useful 5

50 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Thumper, thanks again for the info on the Herman loungewear.  I love it !!!!!!  

I was wondering if you bought it!  What color did you get?  I haven’t worn mine yet, but it is soooo soft.

13 hours ago, Thumper said:

I was wondering if you bought it!  What color did you get?  I haven’t worn mine yet, but it is soooo soft.

I have the light blue.  And yes, it’s so soft and comfortable. 

• Like 2

Got the Tommie Copper socks a few days ago and just put the first pair on today.

I like them. They are not very thick but aren’t too thin, and there is a compression element, but it’s not crazy at all. Which means they go on as easily as normal socks. So these may not be the compression socks I wear if I ever get to take an international flight again one day, but they seem like great everyday socks, especially as it gets colder out.

They seem to run large, though. I take a size 12 shoe so bought the large size, which I think are size 9–12.5. They hit the bottom of my knee (and I’ve got a 34” inseam), which I think is a bit longer than compression socks are supposed to run. I don’t think I need to size down, but if you’re a size 10 and average height, you might need to. I guess check reviews on that.

We’ll see if they hold up, but right now, I’m happy. I have been hunting forever for fun socks with some compression that fit decently, and these are the closest I’ve come, by far, to getting exactly what I wanted. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

I tried something new.....I haven't had a pedicure since February, due to Covid.  I've been able to keep up with my feet pretty well, but I have been reading a lot about K-beauty brands and there were a couple of things I wanted to try.  I was going to order through Beauty Spy, then I got a $10 off coupon from HSN, and as I was searching for something to buy, was floored that they carried the very things by Beauty Spy that I was interested in trying!  I only got one item....

This stuff really works...it's not a gimmick.  I tested it by putting it on my heel, leaving it for a minute or so, then wiping it off.  I then started rubbing my heel and the dry skin rubbed right off!  It wasn't the product pilling up....I had wiped that off, to test if it really worked - which is not what you're supposed to do.  I was going to go with that Baby Foot treatment, but it seemed a little too gross to have your skin peel off in layers for 5-7 days.  This was a much better method for me and, again, it really worked and was so simple.  Two days later, my callous is still gone and the bottoms of my feet are still super soft!

Richenna EZ Foot Peeling set

https://www.hsn.com/products/richenna-ez-foot-peeling-set/8859814

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 2
  • Useful 8

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Thanks for this!  This is a huge problem for me, and numerous pedicures throughout the year just isn't in the cards for me anymore, so I've ordered it.  Hope it works for me as well.

I hope it works for you, too!  I know you to be someone who researches stuff, so you've probably seen the various reviews out there!  I like that this was gentle, yet pretty effective on the first go round.  I think I saw the guy from The Beauty Spy use it on dry feet - that's how I used it, and then took a shower.

Good luck - let me know how it works out!

1 minute ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I hope it works for you, too!  I know you to be someone who researches stuff, so you've probably seen the various reviews out there!  I like that this was gentle, yet pretty effective on the first go round.  I think I saw the guy from The Beauty Spy use it on dry feet - that's how I used it, and then took a shower.

Good luck - let me know how it works out!

Well, I try to research, though not always as thoroughly as I should.  I did watch the video and read the reviews on the HSN site, so...

Thanks again.

Has anyone here ordered Korres products?  I ordered a couple of “specials” from HSN last week, thinking I could give some as gifts.  Well, I tried one hand lotion — the “plain” olive oil scent, and it was soooo strong!  My husband could smell it across the room!  I washed my hands and could still smell it.

Today I returned two orders.  I didn’t even open one item, even though it was a different product and scent.  Disappointed, because I really wanted to like it.

• Useful 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Has anyone here ordered Korres products?  I ordered a couple of “specials” from HSN last week, thinking I could give some as gifts.  Well, I tried one hand lotion — the “plain” olive oil scent, and it was soooo strong!  My husband could smell it across the room!  I washed my hands and could still smell it.

Today I returned two orders.  I didn’t even open one item, even though it was a different product and scent.  Disappointed, because I really wanted to like it.

I've bought some. I did get some body oil spray that was really strong smelling. Luckily the scent fades a bit. I didn't return them because after the special deal I got, the return shipping would have eaten up most of the refund. The non-olive oil product don't smell as strong.

• Useful 3

Hmmm .. maybe I should have kept the cinnamon-vanilla body wash then, but I didn’t even open it up to smell.   Thanks for your response. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 5:01 PM, Thumper said:

On 10/23/2020 at 5:36 PM, LeeDenny said:

I've bought some. I did get some body oil spray that was really strong smelling. Luckily the scent fades a bit. I didn't return them because after the special deal I got, the return shipping would have eaten up most of the refund. The non-olive oil product don't smell as strong.

I've ordered the body washes/cleansers. One back in March (Olive Oil/Orchid) and one (Basil Mandarin) just a few weeks back. Both were very fragrant, while in the shower. They don't linger after.

I get headaches very easily and often from smells, aromas, and fragrances and these haven't given me a headache so I'm happy.

ETA: Thanks for the info on the lotions. I kind of was tempted. I'll hold off for a little while for some more reviews/research.

Edited by AKA...CJ86
  • Useful 1

Recently I posted about contacting the QVC social team about  an item still in process. They emailed me right back giving me a new date and a 10.00 credit on my next purchase.  Last night, I made a purchase and no credit. I emailed the social team, and low and behold this AM I got and answer and my order was changed to show the credit, even on the website. Anyway, we all bitch so much ( deservedly)  about the Q, the social team is something that they got right. Oh, and I did receive the order that started it all.  QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

• Like 4
  • Useful 3

33 minutes ago, AKA...CJ86 said:

I've ordered the body washes/cleansers. One back in March (Olive Oil/Orchid) and one (Basil Mandarin) just a few weeks back. Both were very fragrant, while in the shower. They don't linger after.

I get headaches very easily and often from smells, aromas, and fragrances and these haven't given me a headache so I'm happy.

ETA: Thanks for the info on the lotions. I kind of was tempted. I'll hold off for a little while for some more reviews/research.

The orchid body oil is what I got. I don't recommend it because of how strong it is. I like the scent once it fades but that takes a while. I have a body oil that isn't olive oil based. The scent is much lighter. 

The olive oil body wash is awesome. It makes your skin so soft.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

On 10/25/2020 at 7:40 AM, LeeDenny said:

The orchid body oil is what I got. I don't recommend it because of how strong it is. I like the scent once it fades but that takes a while. I have a body oil that isn't olive oil based. The scent is much lighter. 

The olive oil body wash is awesome. It makes your skin so soft.

Yes, I really like the body wash. I was surprised though, usually that orchid fragrance would be for me, headache inducing. Was happy it wasn't.

I haven't tried the oils or creams but seems like those might have a stronger, intense fragrance based one everyone's and your comments. I appreciate it. I'll wait on those and do more research.

This D&C jacket caught my eye a few weeks ago and I ordered it. It was $48 then with free shipping. I generally don’t have much luck with D&C items, but this one’s a winner. I was looking for something warm and casual for walking now that the weather is nippy in the morning in the Philly area. This fits the bill. It was in the low 30s this morning when Mr. Booney and I went for our walk, and with a thick cotton turtleneck underneath, this kept me nice and warm. I got the camel, and was thinking of getting another one. I checked today and the price is reduced for a Black Friday special with free shipping again, so I think I’m going for the red or winterberry.

A153DD37-505C-4716-9767-4A397B8849CA.thumb.jpeg.319def7ea63d4c5be9cd02b1c1673194.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Useful 1

I love -- or as Isaac might say -- LOHV -- the Korres items I've bought (and given as gifts, which were loved also): multiples of the 1.69 tubes of body butter sets, nail polish sets, body wash sets -- which I split to make "token thank you" gifts for friends and co-workers. Each person got one body butter, nail polish and body wash, which I put in an organza gift bag -- with a pair of Dollar Tree cozy slouch socks. 

I've also given Perlier hand creams and body washes, which people loved. (Again, splitting up sets for multiple gifts).

For both Koress and Perlier, I was really into the sets of 9, 10, 12 whatever....which are usually sold ahead of Holiday time. I got all different scents in one set (or colors for the nail polish). Couldn't beat that.

IF the Beekmans did large sets, I MIGHT be tempted. But they don't. And at their price point I'm only interested in high number sets, I can split up. Plus I gave LOTS of holiday gifts for decades -- sometimes 60 or more. And 1) I don't work in a place now where people get friendly so I don't feel such a strong heart string tug to give token gifts....2) as I approach retirement, I'm getting more selfish with my money, 3) I just tired of the pressure I put on myself to find something new and different "that they'd never tried before"....so for all those reasons The Beekmans may have missed the boat with me. But others love them and buy plenty so I'm sure they don't miss my one a year purchase.

But I can heartily recommend Korres and Perlier -- the scents are great, just the right strength of scent -- and the products perform.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

My Curtis Stone 13 x 9 Durapan baker arrived very quickly, and I finally tried it out today.

As Diva would say...GIT IT, GIT IT, GIT IT!

I made a casserole in it. It’s not especially prone to burning/sticking even in stoneware, but it really does slide right out of the Durapan. It’s also got some heft to it, which feels like quality, and it came with a Lock n Lock style lid. Between this and the two CS Durapan pans I got last month, I am 100% sold on this brand. It is everything CS says it is. I hope his upcoming TS is saucepans (unlikely, probably an oven or something, but we’ll see!) because one or two Durapan pots, and I am SET. If I roasted more than once a year I’d invest in his roasting pan, too. And, heck, if his TS is a roasting pan...

• Like 2
  • Useful 4

I'll try to upload/reply with the specific items later. I purchased a few Serious Skincare items during a farewell show a couple weeks back.

Tried them over the weekend on Saturday. Face burned. My face is still red/pink. Skin flaking/peeling like I had a sunburn. 

🙁

This is the first home shopping brand I've tried that I had this type of reaction. I'm just going to say, this was done on Saturday and my face still hurts.

• Surprise 10
  • Sad 1

On 11/3/2020 at 3:37 PM, AKA...CJ86 said:

I'll try to upload/reply with the specific items later. I purchased a few Serious Skincare items during a farewell show a couple weeks back.

Tried them over the weekend on Saturday. Face burned. My face is still red/pink. Skin flaking/peeling like I had a sunburn. 

🙁

This is the first home shopping brand I've tried that I had this type of reaction. I'm just going to say, this was done on Saturday and my face still hurts.

Yikes!

The only product that I had a negative reaction with, was L'Oreal Olay Regenerist.  I also had a mild burning/redness.  Stopped using/lesson learned.

Correction - Olay Regenerist

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

11 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yikes!

The only product that I had a negative reaction with, was L'Oreal Regenerist.  I also had a mild burning/redness.  Stopped using/lesson learned.

Yep, definitely a lesson learned moment.

• Like 1

I went on an HSN binge last week, egged on by the combo of stress and free shipping. So far, I am very happy with everything I got.

I am all in on Curtis Stone (except for his roasters—the smaller one seemed too small, and the large one had just a few too many bad reviews relative to the price for my comfort level). I got his 3 qt jug saucepan, which I just used to make a single serving of homemade mashed potatoes, and it’s perfect. The straining lid is EVERYTHING. 

I also got the CS dual-sided chop and mash, which I also debuted on the mashed potatoes. WINNER.

I have not installed it yet, even though it will be easy, but I know this over the door three tier basket will be very useful for my office. 

And these! My childish decor taste extends to a delight in a nighttime yard filled with dancing lights. I got two strings of these solar lights, one white and one blue. I wish I had gotten more. So far, they are super bright, and the light lasts a long time.

QVC who??

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

I may have commented similarly a while back, but let it be noted that Product Reviews has not been updated in over a month. Not a good indication in my book , though one would think with everyone pretty much home, there are a lot of eyes watching and maybe ordering. I guess not?

(yeah, for me, I haven't ordered anything in years from them)

• Like 2

I have been ordering.  I just don’t report on everything.  I am eager to try Curtis Stone’s instant read thermometer.  Santa is bringing it to me and each of our two sons! 😃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I have been ordering.  I just don’t report on everything.  I am eager to try Curtis Stone’s instant read thermometer.  Santa is bringing it to me and each of our two sons! 😃

He’s pretty slick. Thankfully his products are good. 

• Like 2

https://www.hsn.com/products/g-by-giuliana-smushy-yarn-sweater/9646534

Wore this sweater Christmas Eve and I just love it.  The “Scarlett” red (more orange/coral, not a blue-red) is flattering on me and not often found.  I paid too much, but it’s a fun sweater that made me feel good.  I am thick through the middle.  If you are slim you could probably size down.  Check the measurements.

If it gets a good sale price, I may order another color!

• Like 5

Yeah, I’m not a huge Giuliana fan, but I bought that sweater and a pair of her skinny jeans that worked for me.  Also another pair of jeans that I returned, so it’s taking a chance like many on-air purchases.

9 hours ago, Thumper said:

Yeah, I’m not a huge Giuliana fan, but I bought that sweater and a pair of her skinny jeans that worked for me.  Also another pair of jeans that I returned, so it’s taking a chance like many on-air purchases.

I always look at stuff you like Thumper because we are both apples. I like the looks of the sweater but I like my tops longer.  Flat butt and poochy belly. If I could switch them around it would be perfect. 😄

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

I always look at stuff you like Thumper because we are both apples. I like the looks of the sweater but I like my tops longer.  Flat butt and poochy belly. If I could switch them around it would be perfect. 😄

Yes, I’m always concerned about that too.   I’m barely 5’4” and it does cover my tummy more than on the model.  (I wouldn’t have bought it based on the photo.). Admit I still took a chance and wanted to try it on to make sure.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I got the Cooks Essentials Hard Anodized Roaster with Grill Lid today - it “only” took 11 days, which I guess isn’t terrible by QVC standards. I love it - the pan is beautiful. I can’t wait to use it. The roaster is a good size, and the grill lid is so nice that I’m tossing an old MarkCharles McSilly grill pan that I bought several years ago on clearance for $19 that hasn’t held up well.

76071AE9-A1F0-44B0-843A-2E6819D6363B.thumb.jpeg.26b2239c407d55027763cfe2d1d6aa22.jpeg

Edited by Booney
  • Like 7

Anyone looking for (ridiculously💵) affordable, modern and chic casual/loungewear honestly should give (no kidding!😁) Forever 21 a try.

I went into the one in my local mall prior to Christmas and, couldn't believe actually how much more they'd expanded their inventory.  Don't think you have to really be "21" or look like you're going to a Lady Gaga concert just to shop there anymore (LOL!).

Now, YMMV sorting through the racks to try to find things they claim are available from them for real-world bodies: but, I promise, it IS possible(!).  I'm a 10-12 (depending on: if the torso length of a M can give me long-enough coverage being 5'8"; if it doesn't, I have to go with a 12) and, the stuff which was "age appropriate" I liked fit fine in their L (including a ponte-knit tank neckline jumpsuit I think is very flattering with either a blazer or a camp shirt with a chunky belt over it....and it was all but $17!).

I realize a lot of the so-called "fast fashion" has a dodgy reputation because of its source and because of the often non-existent quality/etc.  However, considering the way clothing (in general) is so disposable thesedays: I think anyplace with a huge markup is just doing it to pay the designer's copyright fee (and: the markup, 80% of the time, has no connection to the quality itself).  Personally, with the exception of shoes (which I then WILL go to a particular store for whatever the need is: either DSW for dressy and Target or Dick's for casual/athletic): the majority of my closet comes from TJ Maxx and Target (or Walmart for workout stuff).  I don't feel like I have any need to spend beyond those places.

• Like 5