Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Product Reviews: After Sales

21 hours ago, Drogo said:

It's Q-only, we have it, it works well if you use it under the right conditions: the sponge needs to be wet, the area you're cleaning should already be wet, and the rag you use to wipe it off needs to be wet.  After you first apply it, leave it alone for a few minutes before scrubbing at it.    

love this 

• Like 2

Guys, I bought a pair of those Prive Revaux sunglasses and love them! I bought them on Amazon though, same price $29.99 but Prime free shipping. I got the Madeleine style in the rose gold/sort of light grey color. They seem very well made, come with a nice sturdy case, and look really cool! My favorite sunglasses ever!  Not flimsy at all but not heavy, comfy to wear.

• Like 8

I gave in and tried Josie's whipped body butter again after a few years.  The citrus scent was soft yet fresh but still leaves a greasy film and I used a small amount and have very dry skin.  I will try again during the colder months when my skin really needs hydration but I still don't know how Josie and her crew slather so much of that stuff on over and over.  I would hate having to do that and I think it will ruin your clothing after awhile, clog pores too.  Oh well. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

14 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

I gave in and tried Josie's whipped body butter again after a few years.  The citrus scent was soft yet fresh but still leaves a greasy film and I used a small amount and have very dry skin.  I will try again during the colder months when my skin really needs hydration but I still don't know how Josie and her crew slather so much of that stuff on over and over.  I would hate having to do that and I think it will ruin your clothing after awhile, clog pores too.  Oh well. 

I have the same issue.  I had purchased the big tub of whipped body butter in the Vanilla Pear scent.  I used it all winter and didn't have any issues with it leaving an oil slick on my skin.  So, what did I do?  I bought more!  I got a set of 8 of the 4 ounces in various scents.  I started using it this summer and it just sits on my skin.....it's so strange.  I still like it, though, and will use on my body in winter.

What I am doing right now is putting it on my feet and also using it as a cuticle cream.  It's really doing a nice job on my feet!

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

8 hours ago, seasons said:

Guys, I bought a pair of those Prive Revaux sunglasses and love them! I bought them on Amazon though, same price $29.99 but Prime free shipping. I got the Madeleine style in the rose gold/sort of light grey color. They seem very well made, come with a nice sturdy case, and look really cool! My favorite sunglasses ever!  Not flimsy at all but not heavy, comfy to wear.

Seasons, I'm a big fan of these sunglasses - glad you love yours!  I bought a couple of pair direct from the Prive website and another pair from Amazon.  For the price, they are well made.  I also got a pair of blue light blocker reading glasses and have been pleased with them! You do sort of have to weed through some of the outrageous styles, but there are some gems in there!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Seasons, I'm a big fan of these sunglasses - glad you love yours!  I bought a couple of pair direct from the Prive website and another pair from Amazon.  For the price, they are well made.  I also got a pair of blue light blocker reading glasses and have been pleased with them! You do sort of have to weed through some of the outrageous styles, but there are some gems in there!

I would need them in "Fitover" style -- doubt that is fashionable to Prive Revaux!  lol

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2

On 6/22/2019 at 1:36 AM, burgerbitz said:

There’s a really easy recipe out there for low carb onion rings. You slice thick slices of onions, (I’d use Vidalia) and wrap the rings with bacon but I’d use turkey bacon. Air fry but I don’t know time and temp. I usually experiment with that. You can also make fried chick peas. There are a lot of Facebook groups just for air frying that I’m on. You should join one or more because they have great tips and recipes. 

Thanks for the tips. I might check out a FB group when I have more time. I did find some air-fry recipes on allrecipes.com. I"ve roasted chickpeas in my regular oven, which takes a long while. They are excellent. 

• Like 4

On 7/3/2019 at 9:37 AM, lovemesomejoolery said:

Yay! I'm glad you like yours too! I have  a few saved for later from their website! But I agree some of those styles are kind of cuckoo crazy! 

• Like 2

On 7/3/2019 at 12:31 PM, Thumper said:

I would need them in "Fitover" style -- doubt that is fashionable to Prive Revaux!  lol

Hey, you never know! I love my fitover sunglasses I got from cvs too! Maybe the Prive people could get betty white to model a pair of fitovers! I'd buy them!

• Like 5

Has anyone bought the Cook's Essentials Set of 3 Whisking Tongs (K48108)?

They were on earlier this morning, three different sizes, for 12.48, FREE S&H (it's free s&h day, all day)

I just can't tell about the quality. They look cheap. But that could be deceiving.

I'm thinking of breaking up the set into token gifts for friends at Christmas time....something I know they won't have.  It's a cute gadget I think they'd find interesting.

The OAP said it's made of nylon. But that's not silicon, right? So I can't grasp whether it feels like a cheap, plastic or resin.

27 minutes ago, selhars said:

Has anyone bought the Cook's Essentials Set of 3 Whisking Tongs (K48108)?

They were on earlier this morning, three different sizes, for 12.48, FREE S&H (it's free s&h day, all day)

I just can't tell about the quality. They look cheap. But that could be deceiving.

I'm thinking of breaking up the set into token gifts for friends at Christmas time....something I know they won't have.  It's a cute gadget I think they'd find interesting.

The OAP said it's made of nylon. But that's not silicon, right? So I can't grasp whether it feels like a cheap, plastic or resin.

meh stuff like that I'd go to a store where I can look at it and see what I am getting.  yes it's 13$ but if it's junk you either eat the money or spend 50% of that to send it back

disclaimer did not see the presentation 

• Like 2

^^ I totally agree. I do 99% of my shopping in stores, so I can touch, feel, and see what I'm getting in terms of quality, texture, etc. Neither QVC nor HSN is getting rich off of me.:)

Edited by selhars
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

How are those different from microfiber cloths

Aren't the microfiber ones cloth-like, as in a towel or dishcloth?

These are a matte type of material, no loops of fabric.  Kind of like rubber (but not), not like those Sham-wow cloths either.  Hard to describe, but they work great!

Edited by Thumper
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Aren't the microfiber ones cloth-like, as in a towel or dishcloth?

These are a matte type of material, no loops of fabric.  Kind of like rubber (but not), not like those Sham-wow cloths either.  Hard to describe, but they work great!

I've got the micro-fiber ones. If you like yours the way I like mine, we are both winners. Works great allover the home. I even use one as my washcloth to clean my face. Love them. I didn't buy mine from QVC though. Got a package of 10 from Target. 

Years ago I purchased 2 of those portable clothes hangers. The bottom folds down into a tripod. The top folds out, locks into place, and has 3 sections to hold clothes or whatever. I rarely use my clothes dryer anymore. I hang everything to dry on those things. One of my best purchases since I use them every week.

I don't think QVC sells them anymore. Figures. Another good product that has disappeared. 

• Like 3

I have one of those clothes hangers, too.  They ARE great and I use mine all the time for hang-drying clothes, too!

The Super-Cloth would NOT be good on one's face.  Not soft like the microfiber cloths you are talking about, which I have also used on my face.

• Like 2

follow up on The Flippy, was just at Harmon, which has ASONTV products and they have the same product for $20, they are a division of Bed Bath Beyond so chances are it's available at a BBB store near you. 

I can't remember the exact name tho, 

• Useful 1

11 hours ago, hummingbird said:

follow up on The Flippy, was just at Harmon, which has ASONTV products and they have the same product for $20, they are a division of Bed Bath Beyond so chances are it's available at a BBB store near you. 

I can't remember the exact name tho, 

Ooh thanks! Can't see spending $40 on Amazon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, seasons said:

Ooh thanks! Can't see spending $40 on Amazon.

it was 30 when I bought it same as the Q but prime ship

• Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 12:38 AM, TexasTiffany said:

Thanks for the tips. I might check out a FB group when I have more time. I did find some air-fry recipes on allrecipes.com. I"ve roasted chickpeas in my regular oven, which takes a long while. They are excellent. 

Air frying canned chick peas to be crispy takes only 20-25 minutes. We like our’s coated with chili powder and sea salt. 

• Useful 1

40 minutes ago, burgerbitz said:

Air frying canned chick peas to be crispy takes only 20-25 minutes. We like our’s coated with chili powder and sea salt. 

Thanks! I discovered those a few years ago. Delicious. I will certainly try these.

• Like 3

Anyone ever tried the "Doll 10" lipsticks. I love the shades.....as seen on TV.

But don't know that I'd ever buy makeup without seeing how it looks on me. And given that there are shades just like those from brands that I CAN try on in stores......I guess I'll keep admiring Doll 10 from afar, and not buying.

6 hours ago, selhars said:

Anyone ever tried the "Doll 10" lipsticks. I love the shades.....as seen on TV.

But don't know that I'd ever buy makeup without seeing how it looks on me. And given that there are shades just like those from brands that I CAN try on in stores......I guess I'll keep admiring Doll 10 from afar, and not buying.

But you have 30 days to pay to return them versus just trying them at the store. What's not to like about that?

The colors are very pretty. But the OAP's lips are too much for me.

• Like 4

I recall mentioning about a year ago I bought a PTR Mask-a-Holic 6 piece mask set. I never gave an update. The masks lasted about a year... until about a few weeks ago.  I only used about one to two at a time. Never used two masks a day, only used one. If it said 2-3 times a week, that was my Mon/Wed/Fri mask. If it was twice a week that was my Tue/Thur or Sat/Sun mask.

The masks were a rose mask, pumpkin mask, algae mask, a mud (clay?) mask, cucumber mask, and gold mask. I notice now in current sets, they swapped out the algae for another mask, or have a five-piece set with the other masks, which is interesting as the algae was my least favorite mask.

When it comes to skincare, I have one way of gauging how effective it is when it comes to my face: I have the grand canyon of a wrinkle on my forehead... had it since I was a kid because of squinting... and all the masks minus the algae minimized the grand canyon. On the other end of that, all the masks leave skin feeling incredible.

As a try me, I think it's a good deal for the six products when some brands you can buy a single product for waaaaaay more.

Now that I'm done with that, I have the Julep Passport to K-Beauty, which I purchased back in December that I'll be getting around to, and the Tatcha Ageless Renewal set... no, I didn't buy both of these, I'd be bankrupt if I did. I bought the Julep and a friend purchased the Tatcha... they had it on auto-delivery, thought they canceled the auto-delivery, still received all of the auto-deliveries and gave me the last auto-delivery. Long story short, they now know that to cancel auto-delivery, you don't write on the return slip "cancel auto-delivery", because they were wondering why they continued receiving them after trying to cancel that way, you go online to your account and the order, and cancel auto-delivery. 

One other thing I've been using is the Algenist Liquid Collagen Lip Duo. Still on the first one, and using it since December, twice a week. I have cracked, chapped, bloody lips year-round... and the days I use it, it's amazing. No peeling. Nothing.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I've reviewed the first 5 pages and last 5 pages here and haven't seen any reviews of Scrub Daddy sponges. So......any one bought them and used them? If so, were you impressed.

I have some staining and baked on grime that isn't coming off some non-stick bakeware. I've even used the trick of soaking dryer sheets in the pan with dish soap and hot water. And still, not all of it has come off. Wondering if the hard Scrub Daddy is worth a try.

Thanks

Recently I bought a couple of tubes of IT cosmetics Je Ne Se Quoi lip treatments.  My lips had been so dry that they were peeling.  This stuff has been amazing.  I also have an almost new tube of Chap Stick which does nothing for my lips.  The IT brand is soft and creamy and goes on like a dream, unlike Chapstick which is harder.  I'm beginning to think that Chapstick is just a tube of wax.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

3 hours ago, selhars said:

I've reviewed the first 5 pages and last 5 pages here and haven't seen any reviews of Scrub Daddy sponges. So......any one bought them and used them? If so, were you impressed.

I have some staining and baked on grime that isn't coming off some non-stick bakeware. I've even used the trick of soaking dryer sheets in the pan with dish soap and hot water. And still, not all of it has come off. Wondering if the hard Scrub Daddy is worth a try.

Thanks

I like them but usually just buy one at a time,  not sure if they will take off stuff from non stick though

that's usually the residue from stuff like PAM , 

Sheesh, artisto!  I had no idea that Chapstick was so loaded with harmful ingredients.  Thanks!  Never again.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, selhars said:

Thanks

Scrub Daddy is worth it for shower cleaning alone, but will definitely clean your pans. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

On 8/10/2019 at 1:50 AM, selhars said:

Thanks

Target  has Scrub Daddy sponges at inexpensive prices if you want to try them out without having to order from the Q.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

depending on where you live Bed Bath Beyond has them or Harmon Discount in the northeast where they have a great ASoTV section 

Oh, yes. Rest assured I had no intention of buying it from QVC.  

IF I get it, it will be at Bed, Bath, & Beyond with a 20% off coupon.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I bought Giuliana's new jeans (HSN) that are supposed to fit "everyone," and sadly they don't fit me.  Kind of like Marla's Flatterfit pants don't work for me.

I bought three different sizes because I was confused about what I was hearing and what the size guide said -- 12, 14, and 16.  Note: I am an apple shape, thicker in waist and tummy, more slender in hips, thighs, legs.  I could zip up the size 12 but it was tight in the waist and tummy and I would not be comfortable in them.  The 14 was still a little tight in waist and thighs were too big -- extra fabric there.  I didn't even try on the 16 because I knew the thighs would be even bigger, giving me a riding pants look.

I'm sure they'll be a great fit for some other shapes!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I bought Giuliana's new jeans (HSN) that are supposed to fit "everyone," and sadly they don't fit me.  Kind of like Marla's Flatterfit pants don't work for me.

I bought three different sizes because I was confused about what I was hearing and what the size guide said -- 12, 14, and 16.  Note: I am an apple shape, thicker in waist and tummy, more slender in hips, thighs, legs.  I could zip up the size 12 but it was tight in the waist and tummy and I would not be comfortable in them.  The 14 was still a little tight in waist and thighs were too big -- extra fabric there.  I didn't even try on the 16 because I knew the thighs would be even bigger, giving me a riding pants look.

@Thumper, I’m also an apple, and have trouble finding jeans that fit well. I just bought two different brands that I was shocked fit really well (not from a shopping channel btw - from Boscov’s, a department store chain in my region): Democracy Ab Solution Straight Leg Jeans fit amazingly well and feel great. And the other one is Nine West Delancey Micro Boot Leg Jeans. I’ve never tried Nine West Jeans and was surprised at how well they fit my shape. You can find the Democracy Jeans on Amazon; both brands are available at www.Boscovs.com. May be worth a try!

• Like 3

Thanks, @Booney!  I think I have a pair of Democracy jeans in my stash; I'd forgotten about them.  I've also had good luck with some Vera Wang skinnies from Kohl's.  And today I found a pair for $20 at TJMaxx!  Brand is "Angels," I believe.

I'm still glad I tried Giuliana's because otherwise I would have wondered.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Thumper said:

You and I have the same problem Thumper.  If pants are large enough in the waist they can be huge in the rear and thighs. That’s why I always go for D&C original waist pants with the side pockets.  The ones they’ve sold over 5,000,000 pair. I also get their crop pant and Capri pant and their shorts. They all work for me because of the elastic waist. The only jeans I have with a real jean type waist is a pair I got from Hot In Hollywood.  Their boyfriend jean. 

• Like 2

So last night, half asleep, I saw a presentation by Shawn of a One Time Only GLO teeth whitener. It actually had me waking up and watching it. It was priced well, but still too pricey for me to jump on it and as I deliberated, it sold out. Has anyone used it?( The OAP was the dentist's wife who looked like we could have a party snarking.). Sold out quickly so I guess I missed the boat on the deal.

Years ago I used one of the pens they sold and it really was very good.  My teeth really were whiter. Then  of course,they changed the formulation and it was just mediocre. I think it was Brite Smile or something like that.

Been looking for a good whitener for a while. 

• Like 1

I purchased the TSV SureFit sofa covers. I am very pleased with the purchase. They look good, fit well and the quality is better than expected.

Unfortunately, I need 2 more recliner covers and they are now out of stock. SureFit is not responding to my email.

• Like 3

Can anyone tell me if the Junior’s cheesecakes from QVC are all that different from the Junior’s cheesecakes sold at my local grocery store besides flavors? My Kroger has the plain and raspberry options of Junior’s in the frozen aisle, same size as the Q, for $10 and under. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

35 minutes ago, DavidsApronStrings said:

Can anyone tell me if the Junior’s cheesecakes from QVC are all that different from the Junior’s cheesecakes sold at my local grocery store besides flavors? My Kroger has the plain and raspberry options of Junior’s in the frozen aisle, same size as the Q, for $10 and under. 

yes Q's are on EZP and you pay more, 

seriously I think they are the same thing . sizes might be different slightly 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Hey guys, just wanted to mention a D&C top that I just received and like very much. It's a long sleeve camo pattern top. I love camo. Got the olive. I was hesitant because it is poly/spandex and I like cotton to be in there, but it is really nice. Has a tiny bit of like a square texture  feel to the knit so it isn't silky slippery if that makes sense. I saw it on the overnight last week and liked the way it looked on host julia. I'd wear mine the same way she did with a slim jean and ankle boot. I was afraid it would be boxy but on me it isn't boxy at all. I sized down to xl, depending on item I can do an xl or 1x. I think Julia is presenting it in the video. All the colors are really pretty.

https://www.qvc.com/Denim-%26-Co-Heavenly-Jersey-Camo-Print-Long-Sleeve-Pullover-Top.product.A296281.html?recommendationLocation=4&recommendationTypeId=BROWSEMORE&sc=GUIDE

Rats, the video is Gary and Gobby not Julia but you get the idea.

Edited by seasons
  • Like 4

Was very surprised after receiving two small Jim Wood figures  Love his pieces.  I'd bought two small ones for Christmas gifts, but they looked like junk made in China.  His larger ones are much better done,, I discovered, but I'm having to return these small ones.

• Sad 3

Got a Teeter inversion table on the Black Friday deal ($330) figuring it can go back by 1/31 if anything. 

It's never ever going back. 

• Like 7

Drogo. So the inversion table is good?  Does it make your back feel better?  Hubby and I have thought about getting one but didn’t know anyone who had tried it. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Drogo. So the inversion table is good?  Does it make your back feel better?  Hubby and I have thought about getting one but didn’t know anyone who had tried it. 

I would definitely recommend trying it, @AuntCarol.  It provides a relief that I didn't know I needed.  Having all your upper body weight pressing on your lower back is "normal" - even laying down doesn't really take all the weight off - and more people now are sitting most if not all day.  Then you flip over on a silly table and your back lets out a sigh of relief.  I look forward to getting onto it every night and falling asleep is 1-2-3 after it.  

Assembly was under 20 minutes - be prepared the box is huge and pretty heavy (because anything someone up to 300 lbs can get onto it and go upside down on should be pretty heavy) and you'll need a decent sized place for it. 

Definitely have a spotter (your husband, probably) with you the first time you get on it and start it at the least-inverted setting first until you know what to expect and get a hang for how it works.  Don't be surprised if you have to play with the height settings (we're both "top heavy" so the machine needs us to choose a few inches taller to get balanced.)  

But in conclusion, I think your back will say: 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

13 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

I have one. Bought it years ago. It makes your back and rib cage area feel relaxed and wonderful. I never tried to hang upside down, and don't want to -- I just use a gentle incline.

The table is very heavy and bulky. In my experience, you need two people to set it up. (I am a small woman.) You can't really move it around for storage. You need to give it a dedicated spot.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

51 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

I have one. Bought it years ago. It makes your back and rib cage area feel relaxed and wonderful. I never tried to hang upside down, and don't want to -- I just use a gentle incline.

The table is very heavy and bulky. In my experience, you need two people to set it up. (I am a small woman.) You can't really move it around for storage. You need to give it a dedicated spot.

Maybe this new T3 model is lighter.  (Full disclosure: My wife set this up. I arrived when she had it all unpacked, then I watched and praised.)

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3