Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Product Reviews: After Sales

Recommended Posts

Awhile back many of you were singing the praises of the “ Flippy,” the gizmo that can hold your iPad or other device. Well they marked it down and I ordered it, and now I too am a fan. I’m glad I paid attention to your reviews. 

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Better Beauty Case Quilted 3-piece Set

680-461

Has anyone had experience with this brand?  I'm thinking of giving it to my son/family.  They're stock car racers.  Son and 2 grandsons.  So they spend a lot of time at race tracks in their RV.  They also take a road trip once or twice a year....not in the RV 😀

It gets great reviews but would love to hear from folks here too.

Thanks!

Quote

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, AnnaCody said:

Better Beauty Case Quilted 3-piece Set

680-461

Has anyone had experience with this brand?  I'm thinking of giving it to my son/family.  They're stock car racers.  Son and 2 grandsons.  So they spend a lot of time at race tracks in their RV.  They also take a road trip once or twice a year....not in the RV 😀

It gets great reviews but would love to hear from folks here too.

Thanks!

I'm interested too.  Have not seen a presentation, but looks/reads like they are large when rolled up?

Share this post


Link to post

Reviews of Real Good Foods "Real Enchiladas", both of the varieties sold on QVC:

Did not buy from QVC; rather, got a package of each at WalMart.

First off, as is mentioned frequently in the customer reviews elsewhere, you get two enchiladas per tray, but they are tiny.  I measured them frozen and a pair of them measured around 4 1/2 inches in length by 2 1/2 inches in width by somewhere around 1 1/4 inches in height.  For perspective, the box containing a standard 4.25 oz bar of soap is about 4 inches by 2 1/4 inches by 1 1/2 inches.  The enchiladas are 4.7 oz.  Yes, I may need to get a life.

I sampled a bit of each, with the rest going into the fridge for later.

I have to say they do a good job of making the chicken and cheese tortillas look like a regular tortilla and the taste isn't that much different, IMHO.  However, neither package had a lot of sauce.   They are also salt bombs.

1) Two Cheese with Red Sauce (Monterey Jack and Cheddar, 2 enchiladas having 350 cal, 25g fat, 14g saturated, 100mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 4g carbs, 25g protein)

Since I microwaved these, the cheese leaked out as expected and the grease was evident (duh).  As mentioned, not much sauce.  Not very hot or spicy at all, IMHO, but I thought it was heavy and gloppy (also duh).

2) Chicken with Tomatillo Sauce (2 enchiladas having 190 cal, 9g fat, 5g saturated, 75mg cholesterol, 630mg sodium, 4g carbs, 20g protein)

Also nuked them.  These do have some heat and kick, which doesn't show up right away and comes mainly from the minimal amount of sauce, which I thought also had some sweetness to it.  I didn't think the heat/spice was that much, but someone who is averse to spicy foods should avoid this variety just to be safe.  Filling is light in texture but not anything special.  

I wouldn't buy the cheese ones again; the chicken ones, I probably would from Wally World but I'm not in a hurry.  These are primarily marketed for the Keto and low-carb types, and if you avoid gluten they're up your alley too.

Thus endeth the essay.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 5
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Macy’s carries Berkshire products. When I’ve looked they have been a lot cheaper than Q. And faster shipping. 

There isn't a Macy's near me. I only really look at their site when a sale with free shipping is mentioned elsewhere so I never thought to look on their site for Berkshire stuff. Thanks for mentioning they carry the line. 

Thank U GIF by Amanda

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Reviews of Real Good Foods "Real Enchiladas", both of the varieties sold on QVC:

Did not buy from QVC; rather, got a package of each at WalMart.

First off, as is mentioned frequently in the customer reviews elsewhere, you get two enchiladas per tray, but they are tiny.  I measured them frozen and a pair of them measured around 4 1/2 inches in length by 2 1/2 inches in width by somewhere around 1 1/4 inches in height.  For perspective, the box containing a standard 4.25 oz bar of soap is about 4 inches by 2 1/4 inches by 1 1/2 inches.  The enchiladas are 4.7 oz.  Yes, I may need to get a life.

I sampled a bit of each, with the rest going into the fridge for later.

I have to say they do a good job of making the chicken and cheese tortillas look like a regular tortilla and the taste isn't that much different, IMHO.  However, neither package had a lot of sauce.   They are also salt bombs.

1) Two Cheese with Red Sauce (Monterey Jack and Cheddar, 2 enchiladas having 350 cal, 25g fat, 14g saturated, 100mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 4g carbs, 25g protein)

Since I microwaved these, the cheese leaked out as expected and the grease was evident (duh).  As mentioned, not much sauce.  Not very hot or spicy at all, IMHO, but I thought it was heavy and gloppy (also duh).

2) Chicken with Tomatillo Sauce (2 enchiladas having 190 cal, 9g fat, 5g saturated, 75mg cholesterol, 630mg sodium, 4g carbs, 20g protein)

Also nuked them.  These do have some heat and kick, which doesn't show up right away and comes mainly from the minimal amount of sauce, which I thought also had some sweetness to it.  I didn't think the heat/spice was that much, but someone who is averse to spicy foods should avoid this variety just to be safe.  Filling is light in texture but not anything special.  

I wouldn't buy the cheese ones again; the chicken ones, I probably would from Wally World but I'm not in a hurry.  These are primarily marketed for the Keto and low-carb types, and if you avoid gluten they're up your alley too.

Thus endeth the essay.

OK, maybe not.  I just tried each of them cold.  The red sauce in the 2 cheese variety does have some kick to it, and the flavor of the filling in the chicken variety comes out more.  That being said these need to be eaten warm, especially the 2 cheese.  Frankly, when cold the solidified 2 cheese tastes rather gross and my opinion of the chicken went down.

  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

Here's a great product, one I didn't purchase from QVC, but from Amazon.  Mr. Lovemesome found it for me!

In the winter, I use my Instant Pot quite frequently and most of what I make requires chicken stock.  A cup, maybe two, per recipe.  I buy cartons of the stock that is lower sodium (Wegman's culinary stock) than even some of the lower sodium brands by Swanson!  Anyhow, try as I might, some of it ends up going down the drain.  I just can't use it fast enough once I open a carton.  I've tried freezing it in ice cube trays, but that's tedious.

There are all different versions of this...I bought just one tray.  Tonight, as I was looking at all my condiments and sauces in the fridge, I found a bottle of key lime juice that will expire in December.  My key lime pie recipe only takes a 1/2 cup of juice....I took out my Souper tray, which hold a cup per cube and found they had 1/2 cup measurements in each "hole", which is perfect, and will pop them out tomorrow and store in a bag for use later! 

I highly suggest this!  Waste not, want not!

image.png.f5a60025531d751f650a6c2d2ab9c307.png

https://www.amazon.com/Souper-Cubes-Extra-Large-Silicone-Freezing/dp/B07GSSSTY9/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3DG3TRK21UMMC&keywords=souper%2Bcubes%2Bextra-large%2Bsilicone%2Bfreezing%2Btray&qid=1574223006&sprefix=souper%2Caps%2C162&sr=8-4&th=1

  • Like 2
  • Useful 13

Share this post


Link to post

I should have written this one a while back, but here's another review of a QVC food product.  In this case, I tried out the 3 Little Pigs Sous-Vide Egg Bites, one each of Bacon and Swiss and Prosciutto and Gruyere.  They are sold on HSN, but I bought these on sale from the grocery store.  There are two more varieties:  Mushroom and Swiss and Spinach and Feta.

Just like the Real Good Foods enchiladas I wrote about yesterday, these are low-carb, gluten-free, and have a good amount of protein.  All of the ingredients are recognizable.  But just like the enchiladas, these egg bites are high in sodium for the size.  The ones I had had a use-by date of about two months after I bought them, and they are refrigerated.

They are small; in the packaging they are about the size of a golf ball or a smidge bigger, although if you microwave them they expand in size.  I found, though, that even though they were small one of them was plenty.  I think they're trying to go for a souffle-like texture but they are a bit more dense.

Bacon and Swiss had 300mg of sodium and I could taste it.  Besides that, there was something off-putting about the taste.  I ate it all, but took my time, and I'm usually a fast eater.  Wouldn't buy again.

Prosciutto and Gruyere had 340mg of sodium and actually tasted less salty than the Bacon and Swiss.  There wasn't a weird taste issue with it unlike its colleague.  I did chew on some small pieces of fat from the Prosciutto, which was a bit annoying, but it's Prosciutto.  Overall I liked it.

Would I buy the P&G variety again?  Yes, but only when the grocery store has them on sale.  One big thing going for them is the convenience; I can microwave one in the package and have something rather filling to eat in about 40 seconds.  Of course, I can crack an egg in a mug or small bowl and add some ham and shredded cheese and it'll be ready in a minute or minute and a half.  But these would work well at the office, as something to have around if I'm staying in a hotel that has a room fridge and a microwave available somewhere to use, or as a backup if I ran out of regular eggs.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Here's a great product, one I didn't purchase from QVC, but from Amazon.  Mr. Lovemesome found it for me!

In the winter, I use my Instant Pot quite frequently and most of what I make requires chicken stock.  A cup, maybe two, per recipe.  I buy cartons of the stock that is lower sodium (Wegman's culinary stock) than even some of the lower sodium brands by Swanson!  Anyhow, try as I might, some of it ends up going down the drain.  I just can't use it fast enough once I open a carton.  I've tried freezing it in ice cube trays, but that's tedious.

There are all different versions of this...I bought just one tray.  Tonight, as I was looking at all my condiments and sauces in the fridge, I found a bottle of key lime juice that will expire in December.  My key lime pie recipe only takes a 1/2 cup of juice....I took out my Souper tray, which hold a cup per cube and found they had 1/2 cup measurements in each "hole", which is perfect, and will pop them out tomorrow and store in a bag for use later! 

I highly suggest this!  Waste not, want not!

image.png.f5a60025531d751f650a6c2d2ab9c307.png

https://www.amazon.com/Souper-Cubes-Extra-Large-Silicone-Freezing/dp/B07GSSSTY9/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3DG3TRK21UMMC&keywords=souper%2Bcubes%2Bextra-large%2Bsilicone%2Bfreezing%2Btray&qid=1574223006&sprefix=souper%2Caps%2C162&sr=8-4&th=1

Thanks for this tip, LMSJ - I just ordered it from Amazon! I had the same issue you did - I use Kitchen Basics chicken and beef stocks for a lot of casseroles and one-pot meals, but never use up the carton for one recipe. This is a great solution for that leftover stock!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Booney said:

Thanks for this tip, LMSJ - I just ordered it from Amazon!

This must be a universal reaction...me thinks.

Amazon needs to give QVC a commission.

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

We ordered this Lori Grenier cosmetics organizer for our "tween" who's just getting into makeup, and there were several bad reviews saying it had a bad smell or wasn't built well so we opened it in advance to let it 'air out'...

71vjHIHBEbL._UY395_.jpg

Well, it doesn't smell, it's nicely put together, and it's got a ton of room in it.  If anyone's in the market, it's much nicer than most of what we've seen in stores for the same or less money.  It can be pretty hard to buy gifts for girls between the ages of 11 and 45, but I think this could fit the bill nicely for many.

(Our friends at Amazon want $109 for the same thing the Q has for $69.) 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Drogo said:

We ordered this Lori Grenier cosmetics organizer for our "tween" who's just getting into makeup, and there were several bad reviews saying it had a bad smell or wasn't built well so we opened it in advance to let it 'air out'...

71vjHIHBEbL._UY395_.jpg

Well, it doesn't smell, it's nicely put together, and it's got a ton of room in it.  If anyone's in the market, it's much nicer than most of what we've seen in stores for the same or less money.  It can be pretty hard to buy gifts for girls between the ages of 11 and 45, but I think this could fit the bill nicely for many.

(Our friends at Amazon want $109 for the same thing the Q has for $69.) 

That organizer looks great. I bought another one of Lori’s makeup organizers a couple of years ago, and have been very happy with it. 

0D5DB76F-03BD-4E57-9D24-0BF5F8EB7BF3.thumb.jpeg.653892c038f0e7c7937abdc5104d9657.jpeg

It was on clearance, and I don’t think the Q sells it anymore. I actually bought three of them, because they stack, so it gives me six drawers. You can remove some of the inserts to make room for bigger items. 

Edited by Booney
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Recently purchased from the Q Item # V34924, the set of two Snow Joe Oversized Snow Brooms.  Tried out one of them last week when my area had a inch or so of snow.  Although it does a good job removing snow, the darn handle does not stay on after it is screwed onto the snow broom head.  Upon looking at the reviews (which I should have done before purchasing) there are a number of people experiencing the same issue.  Returned both for a refund.  I'm going to check similar models on the Q as well as on other sites, and I'll make sure to check those reviews 🙂

https://www.qvc.com/Snow-Joe-Set-of-2-Oversized-Snow-Brooms-w-Ice-Scrapers.product.V34924.html?sc=PSCH&TZ=EST

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/9/2019 at 9:29 AM, Drogo said:

h220223.001?$uspdlarge$

*With the free shipping weekend and Black Friday price (19.68) I recommend getting a few sets of the Kringle gift bags for this holiday season and the next.  We've tried others and Kringle's top them all, but the shipping is usually stupid high for them.  

I also purchased a couple of these sets last year (also with free shipping), and they're great!  Very handy to have for the holidays, especially for gifts that are hard to fit in boxes or in traditional gift bags.  The solid colors are great for other occasions as well.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, LadyR said:

Recently purchased from the Q Item # V34924, the set of two Snow Joe Oversized Snow Brooms.  Tried out one of them last week when my area had a inch or so of snow.  Although it does a good job removing snow, the darn handle does not stay on after it is screwed onto the snow broom head.  Upon looking at the reviews (which I should have done before purchasing) there are a number of people experiencing the same issue.  Returned both for a refund.  I'm going to check similar models on the Q as well as on other sites, and I'll make sure to check those reviews 🙂

https://www.qvc.com/Snow-Joe-Set-of-2-Oversized-Snow-Brooms-w-Ice-Scrapers.product.V34924.html?sc=PSCH&TZ=EST

Thanks! I bought one off Amz for a gift exchange. I’d better read the reviews.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I gave out Mrs. Prindables chocolate covered pretzels to a few people in the cute boxes they came in and tried a broken batch (which sucks too that some were broken) for myself and I'm embarrased how flavorless and blah they were. Oh well what can I do? It's the thought that counts!! Never again!! 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Surprise 7
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

I've read that the pretzels (because of their fragile nature obviously) can come broken. So I've never ordered them. I have ordered the Mrs. Prindable apples and been very pleased. Boy, were they good.

I have also ordered:: the Landies Candies stuffed chocolate (or caramel) coated pretzels -- the Giannos and Harry London chocolates.  All good. Although I'd give Giannios a very slight edge.

I've ordered Cheryls Cookies and Davids Cookies, brownies and coffee cake. Cheryls was OK. But Davids wins that contest. EVERYthing of Davids was sooo good.

The one food item I've had that QVC sells, that wasn't cookies or candy were Kim and Scott stuffed pretzels. And even then I didn't buy them from QVC. I bought them at some store and had tried them before I saw them on QVC. So...when the host and OAP were raving about them, I already knew: they sucked! Had NONE of the great taste and wonderful texture the sellers were raving about.

I love it when hosts and OAPs rave about something....and I already know it's not true (In my own personal experience anyway).

 

Edited by selhars
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, selhars said:

I've read that the pretzels (because of their fragile nature obviously) can come broken. So I've never ordered them. I have ordered the Mrs. Prindable apples and been very pleased. Boy, were they good.

I have also ordered:: the Landies Candies stuffed chocolate (or caramel) coated pretzels -- the Giannos and Harry London chocolates.  All good. Although I'd give Giannios a very slight edge.

I've ordered Cheryls Cookies and Davids Cookies, brownies and coffee cake. Cheryls was OK. But Davids wins that contest. EVERYthing of Davids was sooo good.

The one food item I've had that QVC sells, that wasn't cookies or candy were Kim and Scott stuffed pretzels. And even then I didn't buy them from QVC. I bought them at some store and had tried them before I saw them on QVC. So...when the host and OAP were raving about them, I already knew: they sucked! Had NONE of the great taste and wonderful texture the sellers were raving about.

I love it when hosts and OAPs rave about something....and I already know it's not true (In my own personal experience anyway).

 

Right now it's one of those times of year when the food reviews at other websites get really interesting with things like:

*I was so embarrassed to gift this/serve this;

*I trusted the host when he/she said this was fantastic and it wasn't;

*Don't believe the happy dance;

*My holiday dinner was ruined;

*Too salty/tough/dry;

*I couldn't give it away;

*How do I return this?  (Sorry, that turkey breast you still have in the freezer can't go back)

and so on.

I've said this before, but I think the hardest things to sell on shopping networks are food products because unless you can't eat it/drink it for whatever reason, like an allergy, you're going to have to, and you're doing it with a camera pointed at your face, and you have to pretend to like it even if it's the 40th time you'd had it or you hate it.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I think the hardest things to sell on shopping networks are food products

From the host/OAP POV you mean?

Because as a viewer I think the hardest are fragrances, perfumes and the like. The hosts/OAPS go on and on about the base notes, and fruity notes....and a perfume or candle smells like this or that.

As a viewer how could I possibly trust that I would like a given scent?

The hosts and OAPs RAVE about how great the Philosophy products smell. NOT taking their word for it, I went to the Philosophy counter at Macys (Or Nordstroms/Bloomies or wherever I was😀..likely Macys, though) -- and asked to smell a few things I'd seen on QVC.

I thought they were ALL sickeningly too sweet. UGH. I would have been SUPER pissed if I had bought them based on the hosts/OAPs raving recommendations.

I'd LOVE to smell what TOVA's products are like. But unless and until I find it in a store somewhere, I won't be buying it unsmelled.

I LOVE candles. But so far haven't taken a chance on Harry Slatkin candles for the same reason.

 

 

Edited by selhars
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, selhars said:

From the host/OAP POV you mean?

Because as a viewer I think the hardest are fragrances, perfumes and the like. The hosts/OAPS go on and on about the base notes, and fruity notes....and a perfume or candle smells like this or that.

As a viewer how could I possibly trust that I would like a given scent?

The hosts and OAPs RAVE about how great the Philosophy products smell. NOT taking their word for it, I went to the Philosophy counter at Macys (Or Nordstroms/Bloomies or wherever I was😀..likely Macys, though) -- and asked to smell a few things I'd seen on QVC.

I thought they were ALL sickeningly too sweet. UGH. I would have been SUPER pissed if I had bought them based on the hosts/OAPs raving recommendations.

I'd LOVE to smell what TOVA's products are like. But unless and until I find it in a store somewhere, I won't be buying it unsmelled.

I LOVE candles. But so far haven't taken a chance on Harry Slatkin candles for the same reason.

Yes, sorry for not being clear that I meant hosts/OAPs.

I agree with you on scents and wanting to smell the scent before buying the product.  And I'd personally never gift one without knowing for certain if the recipient would want it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

@selhars, I don't order fragrances or scented products online either, if I haven't already smelled them in person. Many floral scents make me start sneezing. I have a hard time walking through the cosmetics section in department stores, even walking through the front door, because they are spraying fragrances in the air. The one time I tried to go to a cosmetics store (I forget whether it was Ulta or Sephora), I had to turn around and walk right back out because of the heavy, cloying fragrance in the air.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Kind of a product review. My very small, interior apt kitchen (circa '73) with very little countertop real estate. (Always get a kick out of the shopping channels selling stuff which is supposed to fit on your countertop. Riiiight.)

After two decades(!) of doing food prep on that tiny area to the right of the sink, decided to don my resourceful, DIY crafting hat and devise something to cover the right bowl of sink. (Inspired by item I saw on Amazon for RV sinks.) LOVE my CE silicone mat (QVC) and still had good-sized piece after lining various baking dishes, loaf pan, cookie sheet, etc. Cut a piece of sturdy chipboard to fit (backing from old poster kit), covered it with the silicone mat. Being nothing sticks to silicone, tape and glue were out of the question so sewed it across the back.

Fridge and stove are across from sink. Have almost always had to access food I was prepping by reaching across to the stove top, which has burner covers, but with this, now have an area adjacent (which almost doubles working surface) where I use small appliances/gadgets: Kitchen King Pro (seen on counter)...my second purchase from QVC and is a super handy 'go to.' Same spot for CE 2 qt pressure cooker (QVC....like it, can't say as I love it), NutriBullet (HSN...love!), and Ninja (inspired by QVC presentation but purchased, for less, at Target....love it!!). Plus, the board supports a bit of weight, silicone keeps it from moving around and can get wet, is easily cleaned, and the insert helps hide a few dirty dishes! And it didn't cost me anything.... 🙂

122419 004.JPG

Sorry for the blurry pic...

Edited by caminlaca
  • Like 12
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

I wanted to comment on the Beekman products. I bought their past two TSVs because I have dry and sensitive skin and wanted to try goat milk products. As @caminlaca mentioned in the other thread, I am disappointed in the fragrances. I do like the gentle creamy lather compared to other soaps and body washes, so I would give them a favorable rating for that. But the fragrances are not what I expected.

The first TSV I got was the collection where you got a body cream, a soap bar and a lip balm for three different fragrances. Vanilla Absolute, Honey Grapefruit and I forget the third. I think the third was one of their florals and, since I don't like florals, I had already planned on giving that one away. The Vanilla Absolute is not what I would call vanilla. I wasn't expecting or wanting anything sugary sweet, but the VA really smells floral and not what I would call vanilla. It's not so strong that I would trash it, but it is disappointing. I did like the Honey Grapefruit, especially the tinted lip balm. It tastes/smells just lightly of what you would think Honey Grapefruit would be and the tint is just right to wear every day.

So then I bought the Mr. Rogers TSV, planning on keeping some things and gifting some things. The VA items were again like floral and not vanilla. But what I was most disappointed in was the shower gel in the pump bottle. They said it was Honey Grapefruit and, since I liked that from the first collection, I was eager to have a shower gel in that fragrance. Well, it does not smell like Honey Grapefruit. It too is more floral than I was expecting and it is harsher on my skin than their bar soap is. So, I am only going to use it occasionally for hand washing and not for my body. I will now give much more thought before buying anything else from them.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 8

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Benji said:

I wanted to comment on the Beekman products. I bought their past two TSVs because I have dry and sensitive skin and wanted to try goat milk products. As @caminlaca mentioned in the other thread, I am disappointed in the fragrances. I do like the gentle creamy lather compared to other soaps and body washes, so I would give them a favorable rating for that. But the fragrances are not what I expected.

The first TSV I got was the collection where you got a body cream, a soap bar and a lip balm for three different fragrances. Vanilla Absolute, Honey Grapefruit and I forget the third. I think the third was one of their florals and, since I don't like florals, I had already planned on giving that one away. The Vanilla Absolute is not what I would call vanilla. I wasn't expecting or wanting anything sugary sweet, but the VA really smells floral and not what I would call vanilla. It's not so strong that I would trash it, but it is disappointing. I did like the Honey Grapefruit, especially the tinted lip balm. It tastes/smells just lightly of what you would think Honey Grapefruit would be and the tint is just right to wear every day.

So then I bought the Mr. Rogers TSV, planning on keeping some things and gifting some things. The VA items were again like floral and not vanilla. But what I was most disappointed in was the shower gel in the pump bottle. They said it was Honey Grapefruit and, since I liked that from the first collection, I was eager to have a shower gel in that fragrance. Well, it does not smell like Honey Grapefruit. It too is more floral than I was expecting and it is harsher on my skin than their bar soap is. So, I am only going to use it occasionally for hand washing and not for my body. I will now give much more thought before buying anything else from them.

I bought the facial soap bars. I find them drying. Those will be hand soap too. 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, caminlaca said:

Kind of a product review. My very small, interior apt kitchen (circa '73) with very little countertop real estate. (Always get a kick out of the shopping channels selling stuff which is supposed to fit on your countertop. Riiiight.)

After two decades(!) of doing food prep on that tiny area to the right of the sink, decided to don my resourceful, DIY crafting hat and devise something to cover the right bowl of sink. (Inspired by item I saw on Amazon for RV sinks.) LOVE my CE silicone mat (QVC) and still had good-sized piece after lining various baking dishes, loaf pan, cookie sheet, etc. Cut a piece of sturdy chipboard to fit (backing from old poster kit), covered it with the silicone mat. Being nothing sticks to silicone, tape and glue were out of the question so sewed it across the back.

Fridge and stove are across from sink. Have almost always had to access food I was prepping by reaching across to the stove top, which has burner covers, but with this, now have an area adjacent (which almost doubles working surface) where I use small appliances/gadgets: Kitchen King Pro (seen on counter)...my second purchase from QVC and is a super handy 'go to.' Same spot for CE 2 qt pressure cooker (QVC....like it, can't say as I love it), NutriBullet (HSN...love!), and Ninja (inspired by QVC presentation but purchased, for less, at Target....love it!!). Plus, the board supports a bit of weight, silicone keeps it from moving around and can get wet, is easily cleaned, and the insert helps hide a few dirty dishes! And it didn't cost me anything.... 🙂

122419 004.JPG

Sorry for the blurry pic...

Looks good.  Good job too. Aren’t you the little DIYer!  😀

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Like your "window"!

Thanks. Sure beats staring at the wall! It's a paint-by-number (to which I made quite a few changes). I'm a couple miles from the ocean, and would certainly prefer that be the actual view from my place. While stuck doing dishes, will often times just let the imagination wander to the hot sun, sand, surf. Ahhhhhh.... 🙂

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I bought the facial soap bars. I find them drying. Those will be hand soap too. 

They caused me to break out! I’ll stick to Philosophy, which works well for me.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I just saw this on one of the deal sites I frequent. It's still cray cray $$ but hey it says refurbished by Dyson .  I have no connection to this but thought I would pass this along. From what I see, Q sells for 399 (may come with other perks - again no clue).Just figured I would share and add some life to this forum.

eBay is offering the refurbished Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer for the best deal. This is refurbished by Dyson!

Regular Price is $399.99

1. eBay Price is $279.99 Shipped

2. Use the coupon promo code JUSTBMINE to get 20% off

Final Price is $223.99 Shipped

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

image.png.dfa4df5cd7d405abeaccbb8fe60dbc48.png

I bought the Anybody jumpsuit, which IS verrrry stretchy. It's really comfy but most definitely lounge wear. It would work over swimwear, to sit on your back patio. Throw on after work. Maybe to wear to a poolside restaurant. Definitely not to wear out with heels. It's basically t-shirt material. For $40, I'm keeping it.

I also bought the BD kangaroo pocket TS (that did not have many fans here 😉). I love the fabric. It reminds me of a romper I had as a kid. I am returning because it is an odd fit on me. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

image.png.dfa4df5cd7d405abeaccbb8fe60dbc48.png

I bought the Anybody jumpsuit, which IS verrrry stretchy. It's really comfy but most definitely lounge wear. It would work over swimwear, to sit on your back patio. Throw on after work. Maybe to wear to a poolside restaurant. Definitely not to wear out with heels. It's basically t-shirt material. For $40, I'm keeping it.

I also bought the BD kangaroo pocket TS (that did not have many fans here 😉). I love the fabric. It reminds me of a romper I had as a kid. I am returning because it is an odd fit on me. 

Do you think an OBI belt might dress that jumpsuit up a bit, so you could wear it to a nice restaurant?  Bwahahahaha!

I like Barefoot Dreams, too.  I've never purchased from QVC, though.  I bought a throw from Nordstrom Rack (if you check, they regularly have Barefoot Dreams merchandise online - and they ship anywhere, if you don't have a store nearby) on clearance and then bought a robe direct from Barefoot Dreams during 30% sale they were having.  I like both very much

  • Like 3
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Do you think an OBI belt might dress that jumpsuit up a bit, so you could wear it to a nice restaurant?  Bwahahahaha

Only if it was topped with a denim jacket like this classy number.

image.png.346961ee354ec2ec1331b1b767ec1528.png

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

19 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Only if it was topped with a denim jacket like this classy number.

image.png.346961ee354ec2ec1331b1b767ec1528.png

Wow LeeDenny, I think you could have a future as a QVC stylist!😁

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

I'm happy with the Zee Zee Snack Bar assortment. I've lost about 20 pounds since January doing a diet and trying to replicate the meal plan without buying those specific expensive meals/foods, so I've been looking for snack bars at the grocery stores and online, and I thought the 30 Zee Zee bars for the amount & price (5 flavors & currently it is 27.50) when purchased the price was a tad lower, but the amount for the price I thought was good.

I've looked at protein bars. Half the amount for larger the price.

I've looked at certain diet, health brand snack bars...same situation as the protein bars above.

They taste great. All the flavors. Personal favorite is the Choco Cherry. Has a nice kinda brownie taste. Weak link is the bday cake flavor. That one I'd say is really a regular oat bar. It's still good, but as someone who does love their sugary sweet flavors like bday cake, that one was dissappointing.

I'll buy again when/if it's at a lower price again. Or amazon also has them for about the same price as the current 27.50 and you can have the variety, or flavor of your choosing.

 

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Joules rain boots, A373817, Joules Mid Rain Boots - Molly Welly (mid-calf height). I have a pair of Joules mid-calf boots, not from Q. Mine are green bee print boots, like the black bee print boots Q sells. I give them a top rating! I've worn them as my garden boots for over a year. Very sturdy, good quality materials and workmanship. They are holding up beautifully through mud, sweat, rain, heat, and cold. You can wash them off outdoors with the garden hose. I also have a pair of Joules tall shaft rain boots to wear when I am working around tall weeds with thorns. I can wear them for hours, walking all over the yard on uneven surfaces,  and my feet never hurt.

My tip is to order one size up if you want to use these as garden boots and wear thick socks, such as terry-lined cushioned athletic socks. (I hate going barefoot in closed shoes, gives me blisters.)  If you want to wear them as fashion rain boots, order your usual shoe size. Even in the M width, they are very wide, so they might not work for a narrow foot unless you wear the big socks.

 

misc pics shoes rain boots Joules bee print black QVC 3-11-20.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Joules rain boots, A373817, Joules Mid Rain Boots - Molly Welly (mid-calf height). I have a pair of Joules mid-calf boots, not from Q. Mine are green bee print boots, like the black bee print boots Q sells. I give them a top rating! I've worn them as my garden boots for over a year. Very sturdy, good quality materials and workmanship. They are holding up beautifully through mud, sweat, rain, heat, and cold. You can wash them off outdoors with the garden hose. I also have a pair of Joules tall shaft rain boots to wear when I am working around tall weeds with thorns. I can wear them for hours, walking all over the yard on uneven surfaces,  and my feet never hurt.

My tip is to order one size up if you want to use these as garden boots and wear thick socks, such as terry-lined cushioned athletic socks. (I hate going barefoot in closed shoes, gives me blisters.)  If you want to wear them as fashion rain boots, order your usual shoe size. Even in the M width, they are very wide, so they might not work for a narrow foot unless you wear the big socks.

 

misc pics shoes rain boots Joules bee print black QVC 3-11-20.jpg

Great review @Coffeecup

These are so cute. I do see them on Zulily quite often and will grab a pair when I see my size!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

So I might ask again if any one has used Smileactives pens?

years ago the Q sold a different whitening pen, I think britesmile? It really worked! OF course, then they stopped carrying it and when I looked even on ebay, it seemed scarce and possibly expired.  A while ago I saw a promo with Smileactive which really got me interested and it was a super deal. I didn't buy it. 

I just saw a few moments ago on Q2 a presentation for Smileactives and am debating... on the fence. I don't like that it is 3 flavors as I really just want a mint. I don't want/need vanilla and I don't want or need berry. 

If anyone has used it and liked it please let me know. I am on the fence.......

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

14 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

So I might ask again if any one has used Smileactives pens?

years ago the Q sold a different whitening pen, I think britesmile? It really worked! OF course, then they stopped carrying it and when I looked even on ebay, it seemed scarce and possibly expired.  A while ago I saw a promo with Smileactive which really got me interested and it was a super deal. I didn't buy it. 

I just saw a few moments ago on Q2 a presentation for Smileactives and am debating... on the fence. I don't like that it is 3 flavors as I really just want a mint. I don't want/need vanilla and I don't want or need berry. 

If anyone has used it and liked it please let me know. I am on the fence.......

I have not used them. I did get a 2 pack of pens on Amazon for $10. They seem to work just fine.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

ooh ooh well dear Leedenny please do share?

ECCO PURE Teeth Whitening

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Looking for recommendations for hand creme.  I have dry hands as a rule, and this extra washing/sanitizing is just wreaking havoc.  I've used Skin Fix (which QVC doesn't seem to carry anymore), JMaran, Ultra Repair Cream, and several drug store brands as well...just can't find the right one for me that isn't too greasy, but lasts more than a few minutes.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Looking for recommendations for hand creme.  I have dry hands as a rule, and this extra washing/sanitizing is just wreaking havoc.  I've used Skin Fix (which QVC doesn't seem to carry anymore), JMaran, Ultra Repair Cream, and several drug store brands as well...just can't find the right one for me that isn't too greasy, but lasts more than a few minutes.

I have only strayed from this once or twice but have kept coming back to it upwards of 20 years or more.  Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream.  It's inexpensive, you only need a small amount, it heals cracks and for me, it keeps my hands soft without a greasy feeling.

image.png.afe6b6cdbffc003022e77d3c7b6fddc5.png

My husband has started using it.  He feels it leaves his hands a little "slippery" feeling...but it has cleared up the dry skin on his hands effectively and pretty quickly.  Prior to using this, he was using O'Keefe's Working Hands, and it wasn't working with all this hand sanitizer we're using.  Neutrogena did.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 3
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Looking for recommendations for hand creme.  I have dry hands as a rule, and this extra washing/sanitizing is just wreaking havoc.  I've used Skin Fix (which QVC doesn't seem to carry anymore), JMaran, Ultra Repair Cream, and several drug store brands as well...just can't find the right one for me that isn't too greasy, but lasts more than a few minutes.

20200403_223432_1.thumb.jpg.4cbd2c8a74c519f90ef885fc8b8caf4a.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

Medline also works well, not greasy and creates a barrier of protection. Nurses use this and widley used in nursing homes.  

20200404_003149_compress71.thumb.jpg.eae139c15d0c4d5334dca8873bf21154.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size