Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Product Reviews: After Sales

Since we’re on the topic of products, has anyone tried the GP-66?  I’ve seen it on the Q many times and have thought about trying it for cleaning my glass top stove and oven, but the reviews are mixed. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Peacock said:

Then the My Pillow guy must live in his car in the QVC parking lot.  It's as if he's there 24/7.

I guess that’s why so many vendors have built or bought houses near the Q, especially the ones that are on air constantly. Must have produced a nice real estate boom for West Chester.

• Like 8

I really like the Argan Milk.  It soaks in well and doesn't feel greasy.  I don't know if it makes a huge difference in the long term look of my skin (because it is so expensive I don't order it very often), but it does feel soft afterwards and it helps with dryness.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

Since we’re on the topic of products, has anyone tried the GP-66?  I’ve seen it on the Q many times and have thought about trying it for cleaning my glass top stove and oven, but the reviews are mixed. 

I live 30 minutes from Baltimore, where this stuff is made.  Don't know if they've ever mentioned it on the Q, but the GP stands for "Greek Power", as a Greek man "invented" it.  I forget what 66 stands for!  I have never used it, but my husband is in chemical sales and some of his products have butted up against this in some pretty large, local places I probably shouldn't mention here.  People in these places thought it worked well until he showed his product and it blew them out of the water.  It started as a graffiti remover that the City of Baltimore used and maybe still does?

I've also been intrigued enough to buy this stuff!  But according to my husband, it just doesn't work like they show it on QVC.  He says there is not one chemical in this mix that is a degreaser, so it's his opinion that some of the applications they show on QVC (like the exhaust fan cover or the wheels of your car) simply won't work or they won't work with the little effort the OAP and host is making it look like it will take!  He feels that when he sees people using it as a cleaner (I remember Kerstin showing it on her FB page when she moved into her new house, cleaning under the washer that came in her home), another product would do just as well and be less expensive.

Reviews are mixed on QVC's website...............people who were trying to use it for heavy duty stuff found it didn't work, which kind of supports what my husband said.  For your glass cooktop, you need something with abrasive power, something gentle that won't scratch.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 15

34 minutes ago, Peacock said:

When we turn on The Q and see Philosophy, again.

IMG_0121.JPG

This is me when Philosophy comes on............  Good one, @Peacock!!   ????

• Like 15

On 11/3/2017 at 2:03 PM, MichelleAK said:

Has anyone tried one of those Finishing Touch (or other brand) mini shavers? Evine has a set as a TTV today. I usually use a creme, but sometimes it doesn't get some of the fine hairs, or they grow back in quickly. I was just wondering if the little battery operated ones were worth the money. I'm not looking for it to handle thicker hair, or leg or arm hair; just a quick buzz of the fuzz.

I use it when I am too lazy to wax my upper lip (I do that myself, using Parissa wax strips - takes me about 30 minutes, as I'm a big baby - I put on then pray, do something else - anything to keep from pulling it off ! - and about 30 minutes I'm done.  I never get a rash or ingrown hairs, but I am red for about 24 hours.  Using the Finishing Touch makes it quick and easy between waxing.  I got it for around $9.99 at Ulta, but then used a coupon and probably some points.

I have tried another brand other than Finishing Touch and it was terrible.  It almost pulled the hairs out instead of shaving them off.  And it didn't get all of them.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 12

2 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I use it when I am too lazy to wax my upper lip (I do that myself, using Parissa wax strips - takes me about 30 minutes, as I'm a big baby - I put on then pray, do something else - anything to keep from pulling it off ! - and about 30 minutes I'm done.  I never get a rash or ingrown hairs, but I am red for about 24 hours.  Using the Finishing Touch makes it quick and easy between waxing.  I got it for around $9.99 at Ulta, but then used a coupon and probably some points.

I have tried another brand other than Finishing Touch and it was terrible.  It almost pulled the hairs out instead of shaving them off.  And it didn't get all of them.

Thanks!  I have to go to Ulta tomorrow, so will check if they have one in stock when I'm there. If not, I'll check at Walgreens.

Thanks everyone, for the reviews. Sounds like this may work for what I need it for. I don't wax my lip (I do have my brows waxed), because my lip area gets really red and swollen (and sometimes bumpy) when I wax it, so I stopped trying.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Reviews are mixed on QVC's website...............people who were trying to use it for heavy duty stuff found it didn't work, which kind of supports what my husband said.  For your glass cooktop, you need something with abrasive power, something gentle that won't scratch.

I've tried several QVC cleaning products. Way back when, I bought their carpet cleaning solution. We've all seen those demos where they pour on the solution and the ink stain is gone. I ordered it. I followed the directions. Sprayed it on the ink stain. The stain disappeared. Until... the carpet dried. How odd that the stain reappeared. I tried it again with the same results. The product worked great if I wanted to keep my carpet wet for years. 

I've tried several of those stain remover products over the years from the Q and HSN. The name changes. It's somehow "new and improved". Still doesn't work as shown on tv. 

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 15

Boy, can I just say, I'm glad I never had to worry about hair on my upper lip (I have other things to worry about, trust me), but just having to watch my girlfriend from childhood deal with that issue - bleaching, waxing, epilating - was enough.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

I've tried several QVC cleaning products. Way back when, I bought their carpet cleaning solution. We've all seen those demos where they pour on the solution and the ink stain is gone. I ordered it. I followed the directions. Sprayed it on the ink stain. The stain disappeared. Until... the carpet dried. How odd that the stain reappeared. I tried it again with the same results. The product worked great if I wanted to keep my carpet wet for years. 

I've tried several of those stain remover products over the years from the Q and HSN. The name changes. It's somehow "new and improved". Still doesn't work as shown on tv. 

Yes and worth noting is that they frequently (for the demo) will pour ink on the carpet and then clean it. In my life, it happens that I don't witness the stain happening so I am trying to clean a dried stain and sometimes it works but not the way it does on TV. I also bought a carpet stain remover the Joe Campanella or something like that? It works better than many but it is NOT in my house as effective as on TV. There are many spots that it did nothing for. (mostly when Dh carries in his coffee to sip:(. I need to get the carpet cleaned professionally which really isnt so expensive  and it does work. I have done it twice in about 12 years and it really does look brand new after.......

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Fishy said:

Boy, can I just say, I'm glad I never had to worry about hair on my upper lip (I have other things to worry about, trust me), but just having to watch my girlfriend from childhood deal with that issue - bleaching, waxing, epilating - was enough.

Yeah, it's a beyotch, for sure.  My dad was Greek and I unfortunately inherited his "hairy" gene!  I am a redhead, so at least I don't have dark hair on my upper lip, but still it makes me crazy when I see hair glinting in the sun from my rear view mirror!1  For many years I got it waxed at my salon, then had to deal with a red upper lip for what seemed like days and a few times little blisters (I have very sensitive skin).  I've tried threading, but it really hurt....at least no bumps or red upper lip though.  Doing it myself on a Friday night, when I have no where "big" to go until Monday, seems to do the rick!

• Like 13

2 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Yeah, it's a beyotch, for sure.  My dad was Greek and I unfortunately inherited his "hairy" gene!  I am a redhead, so at least I don't have dark hair on my upper lip, but still it makes me crazy when I see hair glinting in the sun from my rear view mirror!1  For many years I got it waxed at my salon, then had to deal with a red upper lip for what seemed like days and a few times little blisters (I have very sensitive skin).  I've tried threading, but it really hurt....at least no bumps or red upper lip though.  Doing it myself on a Friday night, when I have no where "big" to go until Monday, seems to do the rick!

?

• Like 4

I took a break from football (another Eagles win - yay!) to see what the Q was selling. My first reaction was, “Oh no, Clark’s AGAIN???” Then I realized, hey, I have those boots in black - bought them a year or two ago. I’m not a huge fan of Clarks, but I do like these boots. They’re really comfortable and look cute to boot (pun intended). When I first got them, I wasn’t thrilled with the shoelaces since most of my ankle boots zip up. But I got over that pretty quickly.

By the way, I think Jayne looks great here. Others may disagree, but I love the navy and grey combo, the long cardigan and the infinity scarf. I’d call this look “casually elegant.”

822E909D-E1AE-4F5B-8134-08E1903EF5EB.thumb.jpeg.1638ed14c596ab4ccb6356ac7429a48c.jpeg

• Like 17

5 hours ago, Booney said:

By the way, I think Jayne looks great here.

I agree.  Although her demeanor can grate at times, I've always thought her face was gorgeous.  And this ensemble is very flattering on her.  See CaCa/Frau/Skunky et al ? - it can be done.

No zipper on those boots?  Damn, because I'm in the market for some new boots this winter but I'm spoiled by the zippers now.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

And we all know Jayne throws some serious shade backstage at anyone who crosses her (which is probably everybody)...   

Really?  Do tell.  How do you know?   I don't know this at all!

• Like 10

51 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I agree.  Although her demeanor can grate at times, I've always thought her face was gorgeous.  And this ensemble is very flattering on her.  See CaCa/Frau/Skunky et al ? - it can be done.

No zipper on those boots?  Damn, because I'm in the market for some new boots this winter but I'm spoiled by the zippers now.

I'm kind of the same way about zippers vs. laces on boots.  Even if I didn't have a certain obstruction between here and there, I don't find it cute anymore...all that bending over 'n stuff.  I was wondering if anyone has ever tried the elastic/bungee style laces?  I've been tempted to get them for my hubs for his tennies, but they would be great for boots too, as long as they snug 'em up enough.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Yes, don't like to deal with all those laces anymore.

• Like 7

Check out the horrible reviews on the cuddle duds cabin socks. Way too small and tight, even on size 7 shoe feet. CaCa gave those her everything, these are THE girl gift this year and you don't even need to know her size! Right because it doesn't matter, she won't be able to get them on and will send them to Goodwill. Happy holidays!

• Like 9

I just want to say that I received my sets of the TSV Muk Luk Cozy Boot Socks (all 18 pairs!!!) and so far, so good... they fit (size 8 foot), they're warm, cozy & have that "squishy" thickness without being heavy and thick (if that makes any sense)... 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, BecomingLimited said:

Check out the horrible reviews on the cuddle duds cabin socks. Way too small and tight, even on size 7 shoe feet. CaCa gave those her everything, these are THE girl gift this year and you don't even need to know her size! Right because it doesn't matter, she won't be able to get them on and will send them to Goodwill. Happy holidays!

I had put them in my shopping cart last night, then read the reviews and pulled them right out. If the average sizes are having problems, no way they're going to fit on these hooves.

You'd think that Cuddl Duds would really get with the Q vanity sizing program by now. They probably could double their sales if they stopped combining sizes, and completely dropped one-size-fits-all.

• Like 10

I received the 3 silver bracelets that were the .Big .Deal on Q2 about a week ago. They are very pretty, and they don't look flimsy or cheap. The problem is I plan to gift one and I like all three. Well , I won't be greedy, but it's a tough decision . ??

• Like 17

On 11/4/2017 at 2:28 PM, Stacey1014 said:

Yep.  It's great.  I use it for cleaning vinyl siding among other things.  The last time I ordered, the Q didn't have it so I bought it from eBay.  I can't say it cleans my white sink but I do use it on a glass top stove, but it's not great as an oven cleaner.  I've also used it for spot removal on rugs.

Edited by Rustybones
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, DownTheShore said:

I had put them in my shopping cart last night, then read the reviews and pulled them right out. If the average sizes are having problems, no way they're going to fit on these hooves.

You'd think that Cuddl Duds would really get with the Q vanity sizing program by now. They probably could double their sales if they stopped combining sizes, and completely dropped one-size-fits-all.

@DownTheShore I'm glad you escaped unscathed! And a deep bow of thanks to reviewers who speak the truth to help protect others.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm kind of the same way about zippers vs. laces on boots.  Even if I didn't have a certain obstruction between here and there, I don't find it cute anymore...all that bending over 'n stuff.  I was wondering if anyone has ever tried the elastic/bungee style laces?  I've been tempted to get them for my hubs for his tennies, but they would be great for boots too, as long as they snug 'em up enough.

I use them and love them. Mr. Booney and I both replaced our shoelaces in sneakers and other athletic shoes with them. The brand I use is Hickies - bought them on Amazon. Once they're on, you just slip your shoes on and off. I haven't tried them with boots yet, but now I think I will with the Clarks boots.

• Like 12

On 11/6/2017 at 1:06 PM, Booney said:

I use them and love them. Mr. Booney and I both replaced our shoelaces in sneakers and other athletic shoes with them. The brand I use is Hickies - bought them on Amazon. Once they're on, you just slip your shoes on and off. I haven't tried them with boots yet, but now I think I will with the Clarks boots.

Thanks Booney!

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 5

Watching HSN "Holiday Treats" show.  

Did someone here recommend Giannios chocolates?  They are showing an assortment now, some of which don't appeal to me, but I might look at other options.

• Like 5

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:06 PM, Booney said:

I've often thought about getting the Hickies but have hesitated because I wondered if the shoe would feel secure.  Can you speak to that?

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Fishy said:

I've often thought about getting the Hickies but have hesitated because I wondered if the shoe would feel secure.  Can you speak to that?

It actually does feel very secure. The Hickies are not real stretchy. They have a little give, but they generally stay put so my shoes feel nice and secure on my feet. I think you would like them. I started with one set, and liked them so much that I bought more so I could convert all my laced sneakers.

Edited by Booney
  • Like 10

6 minutes ago, Fishy said:

I'd like to hear about that too.  The review on Amazon were pretty good, but there were several I saw that said they were actually too tight.  That's a concern for me because both hubs and I have wide feet.  

Sorry folks.  Let's continue this in small talk if there's more to say.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'd like to hear about that too.  The review on Amazon were pretty good, but there were several I saw that said they were actually too tight.  That's a concern for me because both hubs and I have wide feet.  

Sorry folks.  Let's continue this in small talk if there's more to say.

See my comments above your post, SSE. And yes, we can move over to Small Talk if it needs more discussion.

• Like 3

On 11/6/2017 at 9:30 AM, BecomingLimited said:

I hear you.  Bought cuddle duds cabin socks for all (one for me too!) last Christmas.  While the nieces (shoe sizes 6, 6.5) were able to wear (and actually liked) them, their mom (sz 8) and me (size 11) weren't as fortunate. Not only were they too small, they were very narrow (circumference wise).  Think their "fit" models must have twigs for legs/feet.   The "girls" ended up with all of them.  Even worse, I was at Marshalls earlier this year (Feb/March) and they had tons of the same socks on clearance for $6!!!!!!  Auntie Zoemom learned her lesson!

• Like 9

19 hours ago, zoemom said:

I hear you.  Bought cuddle duds cabin socks for all (one for me too!) last Christmas.  While the nieces (shoe sizes 6, 6.5) were able to wear (and actually liked) them, their mom (sz 8) and me (size 11) weren't as fortunate. Not only were they too small, they were very narrow (circumference wise).  Think their "fit" models must have twigs for legs/feet.   The "girls" ended up with all of them.  Even worse, I was at Marshalls earlier this year (Feb/March) and they had tons of the same socks on clearance for $6!!!!!!  Auntie Zoemom learned her lesson!

probably all the returns from the unhappy customers.  Marshalls probably got them for a song.  Let that be a lesson to those of us that shop at Marshalls..... is there qrap to be found there?   (Noted!)

• Like 7

Need help from you all, as I am overwhelmed by the widely varied reviews found on the worldwide web.

I'm looking to purchase a portable induction cooktop.  My primary reason right now is for Thanksgiving - need it to hold a 8qt or so stockpot to boil potatoes.  I'm aware of the cookware requirements, but I would like to hear from anyone that owns one.

• Do you like the brand/model you own
  • Is the fan excessively noisy
  • Are the controls user friendly
  • Will it handle a 10-12" diameter vessel     

Just in general, what are your experiences?  The Copper Chef brand with the 7 qt cooker on QVC seems to have a lot of complaints that the bottom of the pot slopes away from the center, which would seem problematic (if using for other than boiling stuff).

Thanks for any help you can give!      

• Like 6

I have to give a good review to a product I bought a couple of months ago - the California Innovations set of 6 insulated tote bags. I think it was a TSV. I bought the set thinking I might tuck them away for stocking stuffers, but I’ve ended up using most of them myself. The TSV had a few different “colorways” - this is the set I bought:

B71450DC-60FC-41C3-8BB3-59CD3731AAA3.jpeg.bfdf68685a4472b058e52ac94c93506c.jpeg

I bring my own bags to the grocery store, and I have a mishmash of bags I generally got for free at trade shows, conferences, store freebies, etc. I decided to try one of these from the set, and liked it so much that I’m now using four of them (I’m going to give a couple to my sister who I think will like them). I was at the grocery store earlier today and the cashier was going crazy over these bags - where did you get them, these are so pretty, so much nicer than the bags customers usually bring in, etc. Just thought I’d pass this on in case anyone is looking for some new insulated grocery totes!

• Like 16

I bought a set and love mine too, Booney!  I just tried to fold one up though and might need a tutorial to make it look as good as when it fit in the box!  

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I bought a set and love mine too, Booney!  I just tried to fold one up though and might need a tutorial to make it look as good as when it fit in the box!  

Lol, my folding needs help too! 

• Like 6

For those of you who picked up the Amazon Echo or Dot:

If the light ring starts flashing green and you haven't enabled Amazon Calling and Messaging, just ask Alexa if you "have a notification". 

I couldn't figure out why the thing was blinking green. It turns out that in addition to the delivery notifications on my Fire devices, my Dot is now also getting them.

Now, if only that supposed delivery was actually delivered...?

• Like 7

On 11/7/2017 at 7:54 PM, Thumper said:

Watching HSN "Holiday Treats" show.  

Did someone here recommend Giannios chocolates?  They are showing an assortment now, some of which don't appeal to me, but I might look at other options.

I've sent Harry Londons and Giannios to family. Londons is good, but we preferred the Giannios.....the assortment is much, much more varied so there will be something for everyone.

They dont do forward shipping on HSN.com, so I order about a week before I want them to be received. Some of the tin designs have sold out by early Dec, if that matters... the treats are all the same!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

For those of you who picked up the Amazon Echo or Dot:

If the light ring starts flashing green and you haven't enabled Amazon Calling and Messaging, just ask Alexa if you "have a notification". 

I couldn't figure out why the thing was blinking green. It turns out that in addition to the delivery notifications on my Fire devices, my Dot is now also getting them.

Now, if only that supposed delivery was actually delivered...?

I had the same thing happen with my Echo and couldn't figure out what it meant. I talked to Alexa like she was a person, "Alexa, what's wrong? You're flashing green." "Alexa, are you connected to the internet?" I finally went to Echo help on Amazon's site and found the answer about delivery notifications! She's full of surprises, that Alexa.

• Like 5

On 11/9/2017 at 9:45 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

ust in general, what are your experiences?  The Copper Chef brand with the 7 qt cooker on QVC seems to have a lot of complaints that the bottom of the pot slopes away from the center, which would seem problematic (if using for other than boiling stuff).

Sorry, @SuprSuprElevated, I don't have one so can't help with advice. 

On 11/9/2017 at 2:53 PM, Booney said:

B71450DC-60FC-41C3-8BB3-59CD3731AAA3.jpeg.bfdf68685a4472b058e52ac94c93506c.jpeg

@Booney, those bags are pretty. I always bag my own groceries and have different ones for different things. Most of mine are pretty but they're functional. Definitely gift worthy since most of us need one or two. 

• Like 10

On 11/11/2017 at 7:03 AM, Booney said:

I had the same thing happen with my Echo and couldn't figure out what it meant. I talked to Alexa like she was a person, "Alexa, what's wrong? You're flashing green." "Alexa, are you connected to the internet?" I finally went to Echo help on Amazon's site and found the answer about delivery notifications! She's full of surprises, that Alexa.

Maybe I need an Echo. It's sounding more like Alexa would replace several of my friends, but reminds me of several futuristic horror films.

• Like 9

Prindables:.  It's a matter of taste, of course, but an apple coated with candy and then candy on top of that is not appealing.  Sugar overload.

I would prefer Apple + caramel + nuts.  

• Like 14