Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Product Reviews: After Sales

Recommended Posts

Since QVC has put the K46611 Cook's Essentials 3.4 quart digital Air Fryer that was a TSV a year ago on clearance, I just wanted to post a Heads Up. If anyone's thinking of buying it - DON'T!

 

Ours just died today after probably less than a dozen uses. Read the reviews for it using the "Ratings - Low to High" selection from the drop-down menu. A LOT of buyers have had exactly the same problem and the Q hasn't lifted a finger to make things right.

 

Anybody in the market for a bright red boat anchor?

Edited by Hyacinth B
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/16/2019 at 7:06 PM, Hyacinth B said:

Since QVC has put the K46611 Cook's Essentials 3.4 quart digital Air Fryer that was a TSV a year ago on clearance, I just wanted to post a Heads Up. If anyone's thinking of buying it - DON'T!

 

Ours just died today after probably less than a dozen uses. Read the reviews for it using the "Ratings - Low to High" selection from the drop-down menu. A LOT of buyers have had exactly the same problem and the Q hasn't lifted a finger to make things right.

 

Anybody in the market for a bright red boat anchor?

QVC hasn't posted the negative review I sent more than 24 hours ago either.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

in general I would stay away from Cooks Essentials it just looks cheap all around,  

that said we love our air fryer 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Hyacinth B said:

QVC hasn't posted the negative review I sent more than 24 hours ago either.

I bought a one-person Dash air fryer that I love.  Not fancy at all, but perfect for my needs, and so far it is holding up very well with none of the problems listed for that one the Q is selling. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

image.png.379d5102e6d68b61a2852221c8f4481d.png

I mentioned the other day that I bought this top on a LTS in wine to match a cardigan. I wore it again on Friday and got 4 different compliments on it. Too bad it's striped cousin disappeared. lol

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

A small amount of foil print is more than enough. I don't even care for the shirt I got all that much, but other people sure do. And I only spent $20 on it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, mpeeps said:

It's cuz is still there! Go for it!

5c44bafd4e146_2019-01-2013_12_36.png.1186cb53c48295b86676556058138d77.png

It's a Dracula shirt -- The Undead Shirt. We need garlic necklaces to scare it away. David can sell them on his cooking show.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

That Lisa Rinna shirt is sort of like the Jessica Holbrook blazer (jacket?) that QVC sold for years and years and years.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Why don't they just mark the thing down to $10 if they want to get rid of it? Then it would "fly out the door."

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Why don't they just mark the thing down to $10 if they want to get rid of it? Then it would "fly out the door."

It blows my mind as well.  They have likely already written it off as dead stock, so any sales are gravy at this point.  It really is impossible to comprehend.  They would benefit more from donating to a charity than they are handling, inventorying, taking up uber valuable space on a web page etc., over and over and...

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I second the recommendation for the small DASH air fryer mentioned above.

It sits on my counter and I use it almost every day. They also have somewhat larger models.

BTW: I wonder if Meredith left because she got tired of pushing inferior product (or made her views known?)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It blows my mind as well.  They have likely already written it off as dead stock, so any sales are gravy at this point.  It really is impossible to comprehend.  They would benefit more from donating to a charity than they are handling, inventorying, taking up uber valuable space on a web page etc., over and over and...

I don't get this either, they must have so much old stock aka crap, there must be some reason to which I am not privy that account for why they hold on to it.

have a one day 70% off sale 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

BTW: I wonder if Meredith left because she got tired of pushing inferior product (or made her views known?)

I had the same thought the other day.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, hummingbird said:

I don't get this either, they must have so much old stock aka crap, there must be some reason to which I am not privy that account for why they hold on to it.

have a one day 70% off sale 

Waiting to send it off to Zulilly?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Waiting to send it off to Zulilly?

My answer to that would be, "why wait"?  Send the shiz to Zulilly, and let them do what they do best...sell discount products that can't be returned.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Bought some Andrew Lessman supplements over the weekend. 

I did too. First time trying Healthy Hair, Skin and Nails (biotin). It has so many good reviews I thought I'd try it. My nails are fine, but my hair could use a lot of help.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Bought some Andrew Lessman supplements over the weekend. 

My mother's a big fan of his vitamins. They seem to get good reviews.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, BitterApple said:

My mother's a big fan of his vitamins. They seem to get good reviews.

I purchased his Vitamin D near the end of last year and it seems to be working well. I like that it's made without any oil like most Vitamin D supplements. The other thing I like is that it's made in the US. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I recently tried the Mama Mancini stuffed meatballs.  I purchased them in the fresh meat section of my grocery store, not frozen from QVC.  I was completely unimpressed with them.  There were six smallish meatballs and a lot of sauce.  The price was $6.99.  Has anyone bought them from the Q and what did you think?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Globegrl said:

I recently tried the Mama Mancini stuffed meatballs.  I purchased them in the fresh meat section of my grocery store, not frozen from QVC.  I was completely unimpressed with them.  There were six smallish meatballs and a lot of sauce.  The price was $6.99.  Has anyone bought them from the Q and what did you think?

I have done the same for the regular meatballs and sauce, buying from the grocery store.  Thought they were fine, would do for a meatball and sauce hankering.  Looking at the ingredients for the grocery store product I bought vs. QVC, the sauce is exactly the same.  Meatball contents differ just a bit.

IMO, if you weren't fond of the grocery store variety, don't bother spending more at the Q.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Remember threader earrings?  I just saw an ad for them from The Shane Company in my Facebook feed!

And  why yes, I did buy a pair from QVC.  I still like them!  (Need to find them...)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Remember threader earrings?  I just saw an ad for them from The Shane Company in my Facebook feed!

And  why yes, I did buy a pair from QVC.  I still like them!  (Need to find them...)

I bought several pair also, back in the day, and wear them still.  I love 'em!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

That Nuage TSV has kept me warm and toasty in this frigid weather.

not even going out till it warms up 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

not even going out till it warms up 

I actually got in the car to drive by the side of the house and see if our high-efficiency furnace vent was frozen, lol.  That's the only time I've been out-of-doors since Tuesday afternoon.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, SuprSuprElevated said:

I actually got in the car to drive by the side of the house and see if our high-efficiency furnace vent was frozen, lol.  That's the only time I've been out-of-doors since Tuesday afternoon.

I put off grocery shopping till tomorrow when it should make it to double digits. Our schools were closed today, it was so freaking cold.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Lady J said:

I put off grocery shopping till tomorrow when it should make it to double digits. Our schools were closed today, it was so freaking cold.

Our whole area has basically been on lockdown since Tuesday.  Tomorrow we shall re-emerge into the world and rejoice 20 degrees.  Nearly 50 by Sunday/Monday.  It's a mad mad world.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I just got my Josie M TSV just tried the argan milk stuff--feels amazing  

I would never buy them individually but the TSV deal is great 

face butter not sure  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm traveling, but my friends in MN said said 18 degrees felt so good today!  (I think it warmed up even more later on.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

I just got my Josie M TSV just tried the argan milk stuff--feels amazing  

I would never buy them individually but the TSV deal is great 

face butter not sure  

I got mine earlier in the week.....didn't try the face butter until last night.  My skin did not respond well to it.  So, I will tuck it into on e of the drawers in my kitchen, where I'll use it as a quick hand cream after I've washed dishes.  It won't be wasted!

I already knew I'd like the Milk products and the body butter.....still, the price was great!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Thumper said:

I'm traveling, but my friends in MN said said 18 degrees felt so good today!  (I think it warmed up even more later on.)

It was up to 33F when I went out today, and I was driving with the car window open, lol. Felt good.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Almost tempted to purchase the Gravel TSV. But have to give myself a mind smack that I do not like the fabrication. Too heavy and scratchy for my sensitive legs. JMO

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I think the flexibelle fabric shows every lump and bump on those of us with lumps and bumps. Of course it could be everyone needs to SIZE UP.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

This is just my opinion, but I think those things are too tight.  Not everyone has the body shape - and I'm including myself in this group - to carry off leggings or jeggings or whatever the heck these things are.  I don't have lumps or bumps, but I what I do have is a shape that that style would be very unflattering in. 

Back in the late 80's, I wore the heck out of leggings.   Even back then, leggings weren't for EVERYBODY!  And, unfortunately, EVERYBODY wears them.....including people who just shouldn't!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

So what are your thoughts on the concept in general of the Better Brella (HSN / Revers a-Brella (QVC)?

I get the idea. But is that really -- really -- a better mouse trap? The sales pitch is always about the water not getting on you when you close the umbrella. But, they just gloss over or ignore the fact that the water is trapped IN the umbrella so now you have to make sure to never let it be turned upside down, EVER, because all the water will be dumped out on your shoes, or pant leg, or flooring/carpet.

Plus they're not really compact. And I'm a compact umbrella kind of person.:) 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

It's an extremely well made umbrella and the inside out mechanism is very smart. You can really shake it out before going into the house. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I thought about that.

And when getting into a car, you can turn it upside down and out the bottom of the door, too. But then the door is open, and you're getting wet from the rain anyway. Of course they never mention that part.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Drogo said:

It's an extremely well made umbrella and the inside out mechanism is very smart. You can really shake it out before going into the house. 

Agree with you!  I have both versions - the HSN one, which is a regular, full size and the small one from QVC that fits in the pocket of the door of my car.

As well as really shaking it when you go in the house, what I do is shake it really hard when I get in the car, hanging it outside the door.  I get no more water in my car than the regular type umbrella.  In fact, I get way less, since I'm not dragging a wet umbrella across me! 

It really is a great product!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, selhars said:

So what are your thoughts on the concept in general of the Better Brella (HSN / Revers a-Brella (QVC)?

I get the idea. But is that really -- really -- a better mouse trap? The sales pitch is always about the water not getting on you when you close the umbrella. But, they just gloss over or ignore the fact that the water is trapped IN the umbrella so now you have to make sure to never let it be turned upside down, EVER, because all the water will be dumped out on your shoes, or pant leg, or flooring/carpet.

Plus they're not really compact. And I'm a compact umbrella kind of person.:) 

Yep.  My thoughts too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I get no more water in my car than the regular type umbrella.

What I was going to say as well.  I really like mine.  Any water that releases into the car goes mostly onto the floor mat, which is made to contain water anyway.  

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I've reached the point that unless it's really pouring, I don't even bother with an umbrella.😊

Given up socks for the most part, too.

Expect I'll be walking outside naked next, lol.😁

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

I've reached the point that unless it's really pouring, I don't even bother with an umbrella.😊

Given up socks for the most part, too.

Expect I'll be walking outside naked next, lol.😁

I don't wear socks unless the polar vortex has made its way into my home.  I've always attributed it to the fact that I have long feet, and the socks just never felt like they fit.  

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I don't wear socks unless the polar vortex has made its way into my home.  I've always attributed it to the fact that I have long feet, and the socks just never felt like they fit.  

I had just about given up on socks too, until I purchased a pair of wool/nylon blend on clearance at store going out of business. They are smartwool brand and absorb sweat and keep my feet happy. I no longer wear cotton socks or anything 100 percent cotton because I find it irritating. Also have purchased mens socks. I found a pair of men’s cashmere socks on sale at dept store and like how they felt in hand. Got them home and they are kind and gentle on my feet. 

Next thing i have to work on are sneakers. I hate sneakers because they make my feet hot and sweaty. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Tshopstoo said:

I had just about given up on socks too, until I purchased a pair of wool/nylon blend on clearance at store going out of business. They are smartwool brand and absorb sweat and keep my feet happy. I no longer wear cotton socks or anything 100 percent cotton because I find it irritating. Also have purchased mens socks. I found a pair of men’s cashmere socks on sale at dept store and like how they felt in hand. Got them home and they are kind and gentle on my feet. 

Next thing i have to work on are sneakers. I hate sneakers because they make my feet hot and sweaty. 

I'm hooked on bamboo socks. They're so soft and very breathable. They're hard to find in stores, so I buy them online at the Big A. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×