Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Another pretend cookbook by a team of faceless ghostwriters?

Bid deal. 

• Like 10

Sandra Lee made a big career out of semi homemade cooking (with much snark) so I guess it's profitable.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 9

Did you see the size of that “Margaritaville frozen concoction maker” K-47192? It was about half the size of David. Who has room for these huge single-purpose gadgets? I can barely fit a kitchenaid mini stand mixer on my counter! 

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Sandra Lee made a big career out of semi homemade cooking (with much snark) so I guess it's profitable.

Very true.  She also acquired a great deal of notoriety too.

Can't blame David and his cookbook crew for continuing to produce cookbooks since there's an automatic audience for them and any non-Q sales (Amazon, for example) are gravy. 

• Like 4

The David brand is quite a treasure chest for the Q.

But the new cookbook sounds similar to Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade stuff.

She would have been a great addition to QVC, what with her love of cocktails.

She spent more time, love, and care concocting them than the fast food she doctored up.

I can't bear to watch Food Network anymore, so don't know if she is in rehab now, or still scooping the innards out of store bought cheesecakes to make mini ones.

Anyway, not buying David's book, apron, corncob holders, chopsticks, corkscrews, salad tongs, apple peelers, or anything emblazoned with ITKWD (unless something really strikes my fancy).

ETA:  @mpeeps, GMTA!

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

opportunity knocking

The most innovative parts of Diamond Dave’s “cookbooks” are the celebrity invocations. Oh, and let’s not forget the photoshop expert who removes 20 pounds from his face for the covers. 

Cha-Ching...cha-Ching...🥳

• Laugh 13

19 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

When I made this gif, Bongo Rock by Incredible Bongo Band was playing. No lie. It was perfect. Try playing it while you watch.

amy-in-gravel-shorts-heels-crop.gif

SPOT ON!!  lol

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

The big announcement:  David has a new cookbook titled, "Half-Homemade, Fully Delicious" and Geoffrey Zakarian wrote the foreward at David's request.  David showed a photo of the cover.

Preorders start June 6, cookbooks ship starting October 26.

Edit to add that since Valerie Bertinelli wrote the foreward for his last cookbook and he made a guest appearance on her Food Network show, I'd say it's a safe bet David will be making another FN guest appearance, this time on The Kitchen, which GZ co-hosts.

“Not Homemade, Fully Store-Bought” is a more apt title. I don’t think putting a slab of Corky’s ribs and a St. Clair mac ‘n’ cheese in the oven counts as “half-homemade.” Or how about, “Not Homemade, Fully Eaten”?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 10

11 minutes ago, Booney said:

“Not Homemade, Fully Store-Bought” is a more apt title. I don’t think putting a slab of Corky’s ribs and a St. Clair mac ‘n’ cheese in the oven counts as “half-homemade.” Or how about, “Not Homemade, Fully Eaten”?

His loyal subjects will all flock to get a copy. He is a cash cow for the Q. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

The big announcement:  David has a new cookbook titled, "Half-Homemade, Fully Delicious" and Geoffrey Zakarian wrote the foreward at David's request.  David showed a photo of the cover.

Preorders start June 6, cookbooks ship starting October 26.

Edit to add that since Valerie Bertinelli wrote the foreward for his last cookbook and he made a guest appearance on her Food Network show, I'd say it's a safe bet David will be making another FN guest appearance, this time on The Kitchen, which GZ co-hosts.

(searching for the "underwhelmed" emoji...)

• Like 1
  • Laugh 14

47 minutes ago, MisterShrug said:

🥱

• Like 3

Could the Q have been any more manipulative with their "big surprise" today?  Did GZ really have a choice when it came to writing the foreward?  That's not a flattering photo of Diva.  His forehead is huge.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, MisterShrug said:

Right there with you!  I couldn't find it, either!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

I'm just going to say this and apologize in advance if it's offensive because you like him.  But I cannot stand Geoffrey Zakarian.  I get he's a chef and apparently a pretty good one.  But he along with someone else on the show has totally ruined The Kitchen for me.  He's so pompous and the way everyone on that show defers to him makes it even worse.  He acts like everything he makes is so "perfect" when, meanwhile, there are several other people who came before him who did the same thing!  He's just not that special.   I wouldn't buy a single darn thing he's selling if my life and/or my already good kitchen skills depended on it.  When I shopped the show last night I was disappointed in the number of Zacharian items that were in the show.  It's like he's taken over ITKWD or something. 

And who the hell cooks in a sports jacket?

Whew.  I feel better. 

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 19

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I'm just going to say this and apologize in advance if it's offensive because you like him.  But I cannot stand Geoffrey Zakarian.  I get he's a chef and apparently a pretty good one.  But he along with someone else on the show has totally ruined The Kitchen for me.  He's so pompous and the way everyone on that show defers to him makes it even worse.  He acts like everything he makes is so "perfect" when, meanwhile, there are several other people who came before him who did the same thing!  He's just not that special.   I wouldn't buy a single darn thing he's selling if my life and/or my already good kitchen skills depended on it.  When I shopped the show last night I was disappointed in the number of Zacharian items that were in the show.  It's like he's taken over ITKWD or something. 

Whew.  I feel better. 

He is a bit of a tool, I’m sorry to confess that I bought his slow cooker. I never had one before, and it was a good price. It is probably no better than any other crock pot. 

• Like 6

Whew.  I feel better. 

Agree💯%.

• Like 8

Jen was groovin’ to David Bowie on the Bose -

55431B06-AD74-4738-B65E-98E88DC32227.thumb.jpeg.affed4511dd30d2b0cc68d736d362c16.jpeg

3020F017-7D12-4538-B012-4F0C53F10C21.thumb.jpeg.78ff74e8fd8b3693572f80d8eba62551.jpeg

9A8E9DC2-7ADA-4D2D-8E6B-7CCA4EE488DA.thumb.jpeg.5c288f2f6f87adc7e91d3c82b25d86ef.jpeg

Brett’s reaction -

7E2CFAAD-8359-4422-9C09-01538236B7FB.thumb.jpeg.7dc4fddfa2e177d13b48a661bf6be88e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 23

Jen, you're embarrassing yourself and are especially embarrassing other members of your household. 😢

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8

A more appropriate book that David should pen would be a book about take out and ordering in.  His favorite Chinese restaurant should write the forward about there #1 customer! 🤣

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6

58 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Jen, you're embarrassing yourself and are especially embarrassing other members of your household. 😢

Maybe she can blame it on one of the most beloved, loyal QVC family members:  the ever-present glass of wine.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

Rachel did the same fakery crap this morning 

they told to dance around to that stupid radio it’s so fake and unspontaneous , cringeworthy 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 1

David's book was developed over the past year, so alternate titles could be:

Comfort Covid Cooking

Pandemic Pantry Potluck

Lockdown Lunches for One

• Laugh 13

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

i enjoyed it, i thought it was cute

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Kamerakrazy said:

i enjoyed it, i thought it was cute

i just saw jen and rachel both dancing.  Jen is much better !!!  and some day i am going to get a bose

• Like 2

The dancing

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

they told to dance around to that stupid radio it’s so fake and unspontaneous , cringeworthy 

OMG , it is so forced and embarrassing.  It's also unnecessary.

I wonder if the the people in the "booth", who the former cohost said in a live chat last week are telling the hosts to dance.

The sound is what sells Bose, not two middle aged hosts fake dancing !

• Like 8

So Jill Martin has a new "boyfriend?"

I just saw her on Kerstin's show and she talked about going on a vacation with him.

Yikes! Has she not learned it's bad luck to talk about it on the Q?  Just shut up and go on vacation already.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 4

21 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

So Jill Martin has a new "boyfriend?"

I just saw her on Kerstin's show and she talked about going on a vacation with him.

Yikes! Has she not learned it's bad luck to talk about it on the Q?  Just shut up and go on vacation already.

Jill Martin; the Stuart Smalley of QVC / Constant need of affirmation

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

15 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Kerstin did it too. To a Whitney Houston song.

29 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Jill Martin; the Stuart Smalley of QVC / Constant need of affirmation

OMGosh how many times did she say my boyfriend!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 3

16 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

well it's only her soooooooooooo.she is single and her daughter is in college.

• Sad 2

19 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Whew.  I feel better. 

I have not been a Zacharian fan since it was reported he cheated his employees at his restaurant out of their pay. I don't watch him on Food Network either. His smarmy face on QVC with David and his dumb book is just the latest con by him. Wouldn't buy a thing from him ever.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, rcc said:

I have not been a Zacharian fan since it was reported he cheated his employees at his restaurant out of their pay. I don't watch him on Food Network either. His smarmy face on QVC with David and his dumb book is just the latest con by him. Wouldn't buy a thing from him ever.

Jeez, I forgot all about that!  He filed for bankruptcy in what looked like an attempt to not have to pay any judgement from the lawsuits, if he didn't win.  And you know you're an SOB if your partners in the restaurant business side with the workers and not you!

2011 NYT article here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/27/dining/27zakarian.html

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

GILI Jill definitely made sure we all know she has a boyfriend now!!  I was surprised she's only 45 yrs old.  Just sayin . . .

1905344709_Screenshot2021-05-031_48_31PM.thumb.png.eb12dcaa790bd779877954c0547e5abe.png677967570_Screenshot2021-05-031_50_51PM.thumb.png.f8e205636f90715039b52ddec18181d2.png

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 1

Those are Jill and her boyfriend's packing cubes too.  In case you didn't hear her after the 3rd time, you know she literally unpacked for her boyfriend and herself in 90 seconds!!

1816963310_Screenshot2021-05-031_59_04PM.thumb.png.b21ef26c71f720383a96ab38e2e2986c.png223829842_Screenshot2021-05-031_57_24PM.thumb.png.3ea3b6232e90ac5e993004f226a2a794.png

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 8
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Elle820 said:

OMGosh how many times did she say my boyfriend!

We'll know it's serious when Jill starts mentioning him on the Today show.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 2

He can't unpack his own stuff, so there's that for starters...(unless she won't let him.)

• Laugh 10

Jeez, I forgot all about that!  He filed for bankruptcy in what looked like an attempt to not have to pay any judgement from the lawsuits, if he didn't win.  And you know you're an SOB if your partners in the restaurant business side with the workers and not you!

2011 NYT article here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/27/dining/27zakarian.html

I'm not a huge fan of him either, and the above is one of the reasons; unfortunately, he's not the first restaurateur to do that.

He has certainly loosened up since he made his debut on Q (ie. pretending to read the newspaper while chopping veggies with one of "his" products yesterday).  Either someone told him that the image he was presenting of serious, professional chef wasn't going to work on QVC or he somehow figured it out himself.  IMO, his serious, professional chef came across as snobbish.

Meanwhile, Pebbles the Corgi was passed out directly behind Susan Graver while she was doing a show with Jayne.

• Like 5

GILI Jill is what I call a real go-getter.

Guys, gigs.  Sets her sights on something and gets it.

How long each lasts is another story.  Seems to be doing well on the media end.

Translated into a nice house in The Hamptons and I'm sure other high end goodies, so more power to her, if those things are meaningful to her.

Me?

I find her annoying and don't care for her personality or style.

Hopefully her boyfriend, boyfriend, boyfriend won't feel like I do one day.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 7

I am not sure what the appropriate term would be, but at her age, calling someone her "boyfriend" just sounds dumb. At least, Callie Northagen (sp?) on HSN always refers to her "man".

• Like 11

Sounds to me like she's playing games.  Trying to make "someone" jealous or wonder?

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Lori G has her worst outfit on now

Yep, just coming here to post it. More proof that everything doesn’t go with everything. She looks like a Clown College instructor.

CD00F052-95A5-41A5-9650-FC55A267EC64.thumb.jpeg.d8bd4d67a72bd233a1cf78f56a77493e.jpeg

6276A4FB-6FE8-450F-B954-ED0000FEF5A6.thumb.jpeg.c9bb428701572fa1a293217a83c36b55.jpeg

Bizarre decor pieces too...it all just fits with her vibe, whatever one would call it (words escape me!). 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 7
  • Sad 4

I just tuned in for less than 60 seconds and heard Amy refer to LOGO as “Lor” three times. I don’t know why, but that’s gotten to where it sounds almost like nails on a chalkboard to me. 

• Like 9
  • Laugh 3

18 minutes ago, Neiman said:

I just tuned in for less than 60 seconds and heard Amy refer to LOGO as “Lor” three times. I don’t know why, but that’s gotten to where it sounds almost like nails on a chalkboard to me. 

Kind of like a different spin on "familiarity breeds contempt".

As in Amy acting familiar with everyone, by dropping one or two letters from the end of their names, is making me dislike her.

Jack(ie) must feel similarly.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I am not sure what the appropriate term would be, but at her age, calling someone her "boyfriend" just sounds dumb. At least, Callie Northagen (sp?) on HSN always refers to her "man".

One sounds juvenile, the other, kind of Neanderthal.

"Significant other" is sort of sterile and brings to mind robotic Conehead speak.

"Partner" always makes me think of square dancing.

We need new words for old things.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 2

Beau is another popular term for boyfriend, but not sure if there is an age limit for that either?

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I'm thinking she doesn't need to mention him at all (particularly at an early stage of a relationship. )

• Like 20

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.