Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

They must have a zillion of these TSV spurtles. Oh, just noted they are doing advanced order on some colors. Carolyn’s presentation has gone on and on and on…now showing those colors one more time 🙄

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 4

Why can’t Q show the nutritional grid for the food products?🤔

Answering own question:

Fewer Sales. 🤭

Its either cookies, candies, gravy laden fried or sodium packed. There’s a huge audience doing KETO. 🤷‍♀️
Q…thinking it’s current and up with the times. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 9
  • Useful 2

8 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Why can’t Q show the nutritional grid for the food products?🤔

Answering own question:

Fewer Sales. 🤭

Its either cookies, candies, gravy laden fried or sodium packed. There’s a huge audience doing KETO. 🤷‍♀️
Q…thinking it’s current and up with the times. 🤦‍♀️

Good point.  I tuned out during Elise and Alberti's sweet snack/dessert/breakfast presentation.  They kept saying each bar was 150 calories or less, but I was wondering about ingredients like sodium, carbs, etc.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2

I'll out myself and admit to having purchased a wooden spurtle set several years back.  I can honestly say that it is a purchase that I didn't need to make, and wouldn't again.  There isn't necessarily anything wrong with them, they just aren't necessary in my kitchen.  They take up space in the utility crock that is already pretty well jammed.  I still grab for my plastic spoons which were purchased with the T-Fal set from CVN sometime around 1987/88.

Misspent cash is my gift to the American economy.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 1

$72 for 3 bricks of cheese and 1/2 box of crackers. 😵‍W…T…F

Edited by MzBrooklyn
  • Surprise 14
  • Sad 1

Reminder that we do not discuss the Hosts’ kids.

• Laugh 1

Is there some “life force” present on set of Gourmet Holiday that turns otherwise sane adults into juvenile maniacs that squeal, squeeze, mush and go into a rapture over basic food?

Asking for a friend. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 7
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Is there some “life force” present on set of Gourmet Holiday that turns otherwise sane adults into juvenile maniacs that squeal, squeeze, mush and go into a rapture over basic food?

Asking for a friend. 

Alberti and Elise:  yet another annoying food pairing.

Glad they are having a good time, but do it on your own time.

Cute Savannah Kandy Kitchen rep, Rhett, was a sweetheart and kept smiling through the whole presentation, having to interject to say anything.  Elise talked over him, and Alberti stuffed his face in between pointing out that he was stuffing his face.

So rude.

QVC, please make the food shows non-hosted ones.  PLEASE.

• Like 10
  • Useful 2

Mary is a good but harsh host.

Please soften up your delivery a bit.  It sounds like you are biting on your words like a dog trying to grab a bone, almost taking off the fingers of the bone giver.

Says she has a whole drawer dedicated to the spurtle.

Oh, brother.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 2

2 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Mary is a good but harsh host.

Please soften up your delivery a bit.  It sounds like you are biting on your words like a dog trying to grab a bone, almost taking off the fingers of the bone giver.

Says she has a whole drawer dedicated to the spurtle.

Oh, brother.

I don’t watch her often, but I agree.  Her voice or delivery bothers me.  

• Like 11
  • Useful 1

3 hours ago, Neiman said:

Good point.  I tuned out during Elise and Alberti's sweet snack/dessert/breakfast presentation.  They kept saying each bar was 150 calories or less, but I was wondering about ingredients like sodium, carbs, etc.

I looked at the nutrition info link on the product page and they pack quite a few ingredients in:

https://www.qvc.com/Zee-Zees-(24)-13-oz-Soft-Baked-Snack-Bars.product.M72118.html

• Useful 3
  • Surprise 1

Now she is calling two types of spurtles "heroes".

Unless they can save me from a crunched car or the clutches of a grizzly bear, I don't think they count as heroes. 

Being able to scrape the last teaspoon of mayo out of the jar should not be grounds for receiving a medal.

And Lucinda, I don't need to constantly be apprised of your NYC apartment, populated by a male majority. 

What does that have to do with using an elongated spoon?

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 11

I left the room for five minutes, came back, and saw hands sprinkling sprinkles on a cake.

I thought, "Wow.  Mary has man hands."

Camera panned up and it was David, grinning from ear to ear.

Thought you fooled me for a second there?  Huh, David?

LOL.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Laugh 6

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I don’t watch her often, but I agree.  Her voice or delivery bothers me.  

She has picked up that pause in her speech, just like David and it drives me nuts. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, CandyApple said:

I left the room for five minutes, came back, and saw hands sprinkling sprinkles on a cake.

I thought, "Wow.  Mary has man hands."

Camera panned up and it was David, grinning from ear to ear.

Thought you fooled me for a second there?  Huh, David?

LOL.

All part of his “home chef” training and gourmet epicurean skills. He is a professional. Do not…we repeat…do not try this at home unless properly supervised and wearing appropriate hazmat apron gear. 

• Laugh 10

Gem Day has gotten going and something rare on is going on:  A host is in a suit and tie.  In this case, an ever-exurberant Rick.

(J-397336, IMO the sapphire is poor quality.)

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 10

Has Gem Day started already?  Not that I’m into it that much, but I’ve been hiding over here on Q2 watching fashions.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Just now, Thumper said:

Has Gem Day started already?  Not that I’m into it that much, but I’ve been hiding over here on Q2 watching fashions.  

Yes, after David signed off.

• Like 3

I like Rick in general, but not in jewelry shows. He’s like Jane T in that he can’t hold anything STILL. I get that he’s going for the sparkle, but keep it in place for a few seconds so we can see the detail of the piece. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

3 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Gem Day has gotten going and something rare on is going on:  A host is in a suit and tie.  In this case, an ever-exurberant Rick.

(J-397336, IMO the sapphire is poor quality.)

Suit, yes. Good for him. Respect for the audience and for what he is selling.

Manicure, no. I give up. Simple buff and cuticle trim - is that so tough?🤔

• Like 9

New (to me) lady host on now for gem day 1am eastern. I've seen her on the deuce.

She looks and sounds more like JTV caliber to me. Like Misty and Nikki caliber.

Also I get t a vibe that she could seriously kick my ass. 👊

Edited by seasons
  • Laugh 13

Don't mess with Rosina! Yikes!  She comes across a little rough. Vocabulary is lacking. Voice can crack glass too. 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 6
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

598196622_carolynbellyhips072821.thumb.jpg.ae7674abceac8f1ba93ad40543c67d30.jpg

What an unflattering picture. Poor Carolyn. I should talk. You should see my new TN. Drivers license picture. If I get stopped it will scare the poor trooper 😁

• Laugh 17

On 7/27/2021 at 3:12 PM, CandyApple said:

Whenever I see her, my first reaction is "Oh, Britney Spears works at HSN now?" 

Next thought:  "Ouch!"

Very painful looking tan.  But watching her doing a Jay King Jewelry show, her hands are not comparable in color.  Probably just sprayed or shellacked on.

My diagnosis:  Tanorexia

Pic of Lynn with Jay. Boy, she is really tan!

Just a funny coincidence: the text (upper left corner) says "Elephant skin stone." Elephant skin, indeed. That's why you end up with after years of natural tanning from the sun. I hope Lynn is using self-tanner.

misc pics HSN Lynn Murphy jewelry Jay King elephant skin 1 7-27-21.jpg

• Like 5
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 2

8 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Don't mess with Rosina! Yikes!  She comes across a little rough. Vocabulary is lacking. Voice can crack glass too. 

She does come across as a bit rough around the edges. Something like GP. Whoever does her “look” needs to take a Master Class. The woman had so much blush last night she looked feverish. Plus Q makeup department must have as much pink eyeshadow as they do Poo-Pourri. Between the pink shadow and the heavy blush, she looked like a concert glow stick. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Laugh 11
  • Surprise 1

10 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Pretty woman, but she has as much finesse hosting as a bull does rumbling through a china shop.  

Predicting that a certain host who threatens to be real will want her to be her sidekick du jour.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

51 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Pretty woman, but she has as much finesse hosting as a bull does rumbling through a china shop.  

Predicting that a certain host who threatens to be real will want her to be her sidekick du jour.

Maybe…it’s time for the certain host who thinks she has a special calling ‘to be real’, to act as a sidekick to someone else.

(bwaaah) Switch the tables. Vary it up. Reciprocity!

Can you picture that older host being positioned far in the background of the set, relegated to perform the social media duties for the newer, upfront, mirror hogging host. !!

Edited by From Where I Sit
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 2

Carolyn used the good ol' "the audio in my ear went out" excuse to pretend she couldn't hear Gary talking then proceeded to over talk him about the product instead of giving Gary the floor and waiting for her "audio issues" to be corrected.

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 10

Time for another Throwback Thursday! (Man, these weeks just fly by!) In this weekly feature, I post nominees from previous fashion polls. Here’s this week’s roundup -

7A1FED28-A44A-4889-B28F-675CAAF0AFCD.thumb.jpeg.52cad99db1581edfb755889c67adfb64.jpeg

3449F1C3-F5C9-4DA2-BC70-945BFD6B2C3C.thumb.jpeg.0a36ffda54d83683e3d4e2734b75e614.jpeg

72E7149D-2568-4603-99F2-94CA75F16996.thumb.jpeg.38245f0538fdfb2066ea6a3b61562060.jpeg

A7BD99D8-CFB5-40E1-A437-AEB72D0A8E49.thumb.jpeg.e15901437534de48155b90410d1849bb.jpeg

F1EC4B4D-3E4B-497C-9CC5-524389020ED5.thumb.jpeg.fa112517ae8a04ebdd2367887eac0f2d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 8

32 minutes ago, Booney said:

Time for another Throwback Thursday! (Man, these weeks just fly by!) In this weekly feature, I post nominees from previous fashion polls. Here’s this week’s roundup -

7A1FED28-A44A-4889-B28F-675CAAF0AFCD.thumb.jpeg.52cad99db1581edfb755889c67adfb64.jpeg

3449F1C3-F5C9-4DA2-BC70-945BFD6B2C3C.thumb.jpeg.0a36ffda54d83683e3d4e2734b75e614.jpeg

72E7149D-2568-4603-99F2-94CA75F16996.thumb.jpeg.38245f0538fdfb2066ea6a3b61562060.jpeg

A7BD99D8-CFB5-40E1-A437-AEB72D0A8E49.thumb.jpeg.e15901437534de48155b90410d1849bb.jpeg

F1EC4B4D-3E4B-497C-9CC5-524389020ED5.thumb.jpeg.fa112517ae8a04ebdd2367887eac0f2d.jpeg

Jane doesn’t look nearly as bad in that pic as she does now. The fashion bar has dropped to subterranean levels. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 10

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

Wow, Kerstin looks like she used to have a bosom.

misc pics QVC Kerstin Lindquist weight not as thin old undated photo 7-29-21.jpeg

That's all boning. 😂

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 5

1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Oh honey, no. 

A7BD99D8-CFB5-40E1-A437-AEB72D0A8E49.jpeg.af9f6652c7a97774cb5d95803284c224.jpeg

When I saw this I knew exactly whose products were being shown:  Josie's.  She's worn this more than once when she's been on with Josie.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 4

Jane, her crusty hair, and Peyton are on selling gemstones.

Every few minutes, in the bakcground, a clown horn is honking.

Or is it coming from a big rig truck? 

No matter.

Jane just keeps smiling.... 

• Laugh 10

4 hours ago, Booney said:

This one was a "winner" wasn't it ? 😧

• Like 6
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Benji said:

This one was a "winner" wasn't it ? 😧

Yes it was! Good memory, @Benji!

• Like 5

I wish they would use stunt knuckles instead of showing Jane's.

Not pretty up close like that.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 10
  • Sad 1

Even after asking him to do so, Jane couldn't let Peyton speak at the end of the Vault Discoveries show without interrupting and talking over him.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 8

5 hours ago, Booney said:

For years, Josie's models have worn skimpy dresses of this pinkish material. I figured they all were whipped out in a few hours from a clearance-priced bolt of fabric -- made to be disposable after they were stained by Josie's greasy products.

• Laugh 12
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, HissyFit said:

For years, Josie's models have worn skimpy dresses of this pinkish material. I figured they all were whipped out in a few hours from a clearance-priced bolt of fabric -- made to be disposable after they were stained by Josie's greasy products.

I feel/felt so bad for that model!  All the skinny people probably told her she looked great too.  That was terrible.  Not the model’s fault — they should have found something more flattering.  Those shiny fabrics are not forgiving, even on a slender person.

• Like 13

wrong place

moving to right place (Shawn's page)

Edited by CandyApple
  • Sad 2

0680476D-D617-46EE-897C-35ADB31A934C.jpeg.bbd58458cadefa9170af30c9c76317df.jpegB0790BD4-4756-401A-BE54-7CD0EAA34629.jpeg.41f79a7e61fef455a1b89126561c91d0.jpeg

Cover both shoulders Kerstin, thanks. I don’t want to see your gap-oh-sis either, Jai buddy.
B88C6EA2-A594-47B6-A939-51680CC15D9C.jpeg.301b6dfe31cce2b2bd77816521261a82.jpeg271DA712-733D-41C1-A5F5-59C4DD3DF39E.jpeg.8631f6cb030974b312b3db66cbc8f409.jpeg
Go full-out Maude-ian, you can do it Caro. You are like Maude in some ways. These are better lines for you. And lastly, cover up, all you Josie models, and you too Josie. Too much.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

9B172BC9-F3E4-4378-A50E-6655B54140BF.jpeg.99521a198994ca35ba1c9fc6000bd996.jpegEven better, go spa, not bordello

Have some custom towel wraps for the ‘grease-ins’. Make them safe for on air presentations, sewn down and un-openable. Make sure they’re  beautiful spa-like, plush towels with hair wraps and slippers.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 5

14 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

When I saw this I knew exactly whose products were being shown:  Josie's.  She's worn this more than once when she's been on with Josie.

She thinks she looks fab.

• Surprise 1

Jane T is starting to remind me more of an aging Judy Garland. She needs sequined jackets to complete the look. 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 13

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.