Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

9 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Jane has just announced that in less than 49 minutes she’ll be hosting a show that will include her home movies from the 50s and 60s!!

She has become pathetic. She is looking worn; like that woman who’s been coming there so long, she has her own stool at the end of the bar. 

"Oh ma gosh"!! How many times does she say that? And I don't like her hair, it's way too curly......

• Like 5

I don’t know how tall Alberti is…

but…

Blabinski…

looks like…

a spewing fire hydrant …

standing next to him.

(HiQ - my version of Haiku)

• Like 2
  • Laugh 12

3 hours ago, rcc said:

$69.98 on sale! Martha looks her age on right now with Alberti. Haven't seen her lately.

I think  Martha's photos,  are heavily filtered.    

36 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Jane has just announced that in less than 49 minutes she’ll be hosting a show that will include her home movies from the 50s and 60s!!

She has become pathetic. She is looking worn; like that woman who’s been coming there so long, she has her own stool at the end of the bar. 

Jane's a  case of trying to hard.   

• Like 8

1 minute ago, shopping queen said:

I think  Martha's photos,  are heavily filtered.    

I was commenting to my invisible twin that Martha is looking rough.

• Laugh 9

10 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

If I texted the exact same thing to my real twin she'd question my sanity.

Edited by letusprocrastinate · Reason: There's two of them!
  • Laugh 6

4 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

If I texted the same thing to my real twin she'd question my sanity.

Insanity is the best form of flattery*

* because it makes everyone else look smart

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Laugh 4

Meanwhile, as I'm doing a Jane impersonation today (chatty, chatty, chatty), does she have something written into her contract that allows her to show the same home videos at certain times of the year?

After all, it's a truth not universally acknowledged but generally acknowledged that most people, even relatives, don't care about your home videos.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 15
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Meanwhile, as I'm doing a Jane impersonation today (chatty, chatty, chatty), does she have something written into her contract that allows her to show the same home videos at certain times of the year?

After all, it's a truth not universally acknowledged but generally acknowledged that most people, even relatives, don't care about your home videos.

You ARE doing a Jane impersonation! Just one that has outlasted Treacy in popularity for a couple centuries. 👍

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

You ARE doing a Jane impersonation! Just one that has outlasted Treacy in popularity for a couple centuries. 👍

If someone shows up as an OAP named Mr. or Mrs. Suckling I'm done.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Me: "Nope." <click>

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

1 hour ago, BenchWarmer said:

I can't explain why, but while she was on this afternoon, I found myself really digging the big owl in the tree behind her, for some reason. 😜🦉😂

martha_owl.thumb.png.49ee1bba5f85d9e71fae968d9d528856.png

https://www.qvc.com/Martha-Stewart-Small-or-Large-Metallic-Fur-Owl.product.H227291.html?sc=IROA

Edited by MisterShrug · Reason: Found it!
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Poor Blabbly, trying way too hard to be relevant and liked.  How many times are they going to let her show those home movies?! I just happened to tune into QVC when she was showing them.  Love the shade being thrown by Martha and Alex.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Diva overuses the word "opportunity".  I counted 4 times within minutes.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I follow her on Instagram.....she shares a bit there.  For instance, she ruptured her Achilles tendon back in June, wanted it to heal on her own, it didn't, so she had surgery at the end of June.  As far as I can tell, she isn't allowed to walk or put any pressure on that foot yet, although she's graduated to a couple of different types of casts.

She also posted on one of her Instagram stories in the last day or two that MTV Cribs is coming back and her house is one of the ones being featured.  Which one?  Don't know!

She has two Instagram accounts.....one is a bit more "company" related the other is somewhat more personal though still has company related marketing on it.

https://www.instagram.com/marthastewart48/

https://www.instagram.com/marthastewart/

I was going to check out Martha on Instagram and I couldn’t log in. Wouldn’t take my password. So I decided to change it. When they said they were sending me the message to change it, they showed coded parts of my supposed email address. Wasn’t mine!  Last letters were .ru. Hm. So I tried to log on via FB and Instagram said my account was shut down or whatever. And I had 30 days to request a review!  WTF.  I rarely even go there but perhaps someone hacked it?  Whoever said this Internet shit was easy was lying. 

Edited by AuntCarol · Reason: Messed up. 😁
  • Like 2
  • Surprise 9

I've discovered that one of the most entertaining shows for me is when Mary Beth hosts Gourmet Holiday. 

I'm always surprised at what she never saw, heard of, tried, or tasted.  She gasps in the discovery!

Her diet seems to consist of the pork, beef, cheese and lemon bar food groups!

• Laugh 19

It’s Throwback Thursday Friday! Okay, so I’m a day late but what the heck. These former fashion poll nominees are too hilarious to wait until next Thursday. Enjoy!

ACC44F71-2AE3-40A1-B952-9CC7D78A25FA.jpeg.daea6188ef51fde0abdbbc045a505d81.jpeg

707C1D11-8896-40BD-8E4A-B54B2D06B57F.thumb.jpeg.950b39b48e1b994c6d66767922a9653c.jpeg

0FAEE76A-2DF5-4DBD-917B-EA2E2B4A1E14.thumb.jpeg.8c2bc8812e75e11e4ccf589c36872aea.jpeg

C790F6BD-D786-4210-8B60-22F98F2CDD34.thumb.jpeg.7aab0b028bc032800b4355e4b1d16025.jpeg

B140CBC1-64CD-4C2C-96A3-0EA3ACAB3C08.thumb.jpeg.9f5d3ffd764444ace4df4e5eecc93913.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 19
  • Surprise 4

🤣 @Booney, those are so good! 

It looks like all the window treatments fell on Kerstin.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 18

16 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

🤣 @Booney, those are so good! 

It looks like all the window treatments fell on Kerstin.

Geeez! Remember when hosts dressed like professionals?   WTH has happened?

• Like 18

Oh @Booney, any day of the week! Hilarious and horrible all at the same time.

And the blame rests solely on the shoulders of QVC’s management, executives, producers and paid stylists.        Maybe hosts should wear uniforms…or scrubs.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

On the positive side, Jane had on a very pretty red dress either last night or the night before.  Plain, a-line, fit her well!

I think it might have been the night of "Jane's Christmas" (or somesuch) where she showed her old family movies .... 😂

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, Booney said:

It’s Throwback Thursday Friday! Okay, so I’m a day late but what the heck. These former fashion poll nominees are too hilarious to wait until next Thursday. Enjoy!

707C1D11-8896-40BD-8E4A-B54B2D06B57F.thumb.jpeg.950b39b48e1b994c6d66767922a9653c.jpeg

0FAEE76A-2DF5-4DBD-917B-EA2E2B4A1E14.thumb.jpeg.8c2bc8812e75e11e4ccf589c36872aea.jpeg

C790F6BD-D786-4210-8B60-22F98F2CDD34.thumb.jpeg.7aab0b028bc032800b4355e4b1d16025.jpeg

B140CBC1-64CD-4C2C-96A3-0EA3ACAB3C08.thumb.jpeg.9f5d3ffd764444ace4df4e5eecc93913.jpeg

WORST NECK EVER!

worst looking neck ever.jpg

Edited by phonybaloney
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

3 hours ago, shopping queen said:

Geeez! Remember when hosts dressed like professionals?   WTH has happened?

But when they have to wear LOGO CRAP ! ! ! !

Logo1.jpg

• Laugh 7

On 7/22/2021 at 8:49 AM, JohnnyStar5 said:

GP has the worst voice I have heard.  I know the voices of many hosts have been criticized, but for me hers is the most painful. AND SHE'S LOUD! SHE YELLS EVERYTHING!

I fail to understand her appeal. 

Which host is GP?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JT57 said:

Logo1.jpg

I  don't quite understand wearing all those clothes at one time. Shirt over shirt over a jacket. I would think it's so uncomfortable with all those layers of clothes on. Why do I want to look like I'm wearing every thing I own in my closet? 

Edited by dextr1276
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

On 7/22/2021 at 6:18 PM, letusprocrastinate said:

While Alberti was the lead on the Martha Stewart wine presentation, Jane was there and Martha largely ignored her. 

Martha did invite Alberti to her house for the holidays. I wonder if Jane was invited too?? 

• Laugh 3
  • Surprise 3

Are my eyes deceiving me or did Courtney's lavender ring crack while doing the Philosophy show? I was sorta admiring it at the beginning of the show, then during the presentation for A-461299 I saw a split in it. I'm pretty sure that's not how it was designed lol. I wonder if it was a Q product.

• Surprise 4
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Booney said:

@Booney you always save the best for last! I scrunch my face up at each one as I scroll down & then let out an audible gasp for the last 😅

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8

1 hour ago, dextr1276 said:

Which host is GP?

Julia Cearly (sp?).  Folks here have dubbed her Ginger Puss aka GP.

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

Are my eyes deceiving me or did Courtney's lavender ring crack while doing the Philosophy show? I was sorta admiring it at the beginning of the show, then during the presentation for A-461299 I saw a split in it. I'm pretty sure that's not how it was designed lol. I wonder if it was a Q product.

It looks like Coko's ring is sections of lavender jade. Not cracked.

20210723_214804.jpg

• Like 2
  • Useful 8

For those who still fo!low what's going on with Antonella, she put up a video today saying that her husband had a heart attack and had to get a stint in one of his arteries. I know some think they are taking advantage of her followers. I don't know if that is true but I do feel badly that they can't seem to catch a break. 

• Sad 20

On 7/17/2021 at 7:04 PM, letusprocrastinate said:

Jane takes the Q directive of using "storytelling" as a sales tactic to a whole other level.

I think as well that she honestly believes that talking about her 20-something kids, especially the one who lives in NYC, and tying them into the products she's selling (Oh, this would work great in her studio apartment!  She loves these shoes!) will encourage customers to buy the same stuff for their kids or grandkids, since those kids and grandkids surely aren't watching QVC.  Maybe get some new, younger customers if they like what mom, auntie, or grandma bought them and check Q out for themselves, online.

I respectfully disagree. 

IMO, she’s a narcissistic ass.

• Like 11

Maria McKewl…

Please explain to me how someone with a skunk striped lawnmower haircut is qualified to sell me overpriced styling Qrap? 

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 4

16 hours ago, Booney said:

Does Blabby have 2 different shoes on?  One has a black soul and one has a white soul. 

• Laugh 5

27 minutes ago, AuntCarol said:

Does Blabby have 2 different shoes on?  One has a black soul and one has a white soul. 

Looks like two different shoes to me too. Wonder if that was one of her shoe shows and she was demonstrating different colors. Or maybe she got dressed in the dark.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

2 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

2 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Looks like two different shoes to me too. Wonder if that was one of her shoe shows and she was demonstrating different colors. Or maybe she got dressed in the dark.

Yes, I think I took that pic during SSWJ and she was trying on different colors of the shoe.

• Useful 3
  • Laugh 1

49 minutes ago, Booney said:

Yes, I think I took that pic during SSWJ and she was trying on different colors of the shoe.

LOL, I was thinking of that show they did from her shoe closet at home. It would be easy to get your shoes mixed up in that place.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

Quick shout out to Q model, Kadeisha…aka…Rapunzel:

We KNOW you have l-o-n-g hair, and you ❤️ it, but unless you’re selling it, please pull it back or put it up so we can see the actual product. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Booney, your lineup this year is
Thanks for taking the time and providing us with a single dose of the comedy of errors that is hosting the Q…selling fashion!

Kirsten has to get top honors.

“…I saw it in the winda and I just couldn’t resist it!”

Nomination for next year:

Cruella Gendel

😊

Edited by MzBrooklyn
  • Laugh 6

20 hours ago, JT57 said:

Logo1.jpg

Even she looks forlorn about having to wear her own crap. 

• Laugh 8

I think that’s a cool top, but definitely not flattering the way she is showing it.  Nor would it look good on me!  But the material and embroidery are beautiful.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Just a moment ago, I read a comment on Jill Bauer's facebook page that I have wondered myself:  "Why did you leave QVC and just start selling stuff again. Makes no sense to me." 

Jill's Response:

well, I’m not just selling “stuff.” I love having control of my time, my life, and choosing what I share. It’s more authentic. It’s more me. I hadn’t planned on starting an e-commerce site…but things came together and it felt right. And I still enjoy checking out QVC, so why not share what I find? I guess in the end, my question back to you is , what does it matter? I’m happy, enjoying life and hope you are enjoying the contents down products I’m sharing. Have a great day!

• Laugh 5
  • Surprise 7

1 minute ago, Dinah said:

Just a moment ago, I read a comment on Jill Bauer's facebook page that I have wondered myself:  "Why did you leave QVC and just start selling stuff again. Makes no sense to me." 

Jill's Response:

well, I’m not just selling “stuff.” I love having control of my time, my life, and choosing what I share. It’s more authentic. It’s more me. I hadn’t planned on starting an e-commerce site…but things came together and it felt right. And I still enjoy checking out QVC, so why not share what I find? I guess in the end, my question back to you is , what does it matter? I’m happy, enjoying life and hope you are enjoying the contents down products I’m sharing. Have a great day!

She can still sling the bs though!

• Like 9
  • Laugh 4

6 minutes ago, Friday said:

She can still sling the bs though!

Indeed she can.  While the poster could have worded her question in a less combative way, I understand her comment.  When QVC hosts leave the Q, they then rely on the Q's customer base to follow them on their next journey.  Without the Q's customers, Jill would not sell much from her couch. Furthermore, she made it sound like she was going on to a "second act," and is basically doing the same job just in a different environment.

• Like 14
  • Laugh 1

Mama Mancini's grandson did a good job, solo, on Q2.

No Alberti.

No Rachel.

No agita.

He did mention them, saying Alberti gave him a simple, delicious recipe to use with Mama's meatballs.  And, apparently, Rachel was hysterically laughing on the last show because, she said, the meatballs were the best she's ever had.

Glad she managed to twist her clowning into a compliment, as Daniel seems very serious about the quality of his products, but who laughs maniacally when some food pleases his or her tastebuds?

I just had a very tasty salad, but not a chortle, guffaw, or cackle crossed my lips while eating it.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Laugh 10

3 hours ago, Dinah said:

Jill's Response:

Is "Have a great day!" the more secular version of "Bless your heart!" and the less profane version of "F you!"?

How dare anyone question Just Jill's motives?  Move along peons, while I work on my third beach house, this one in the Hamptons.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 16

Linda Davies:  "If you're Googling, Shmoogling, LIKE I KNOW YOU ARE, comparison shopping..."

Ya know what, Linda?  Maybe you have a point.  I should just take everything QVC hosts and OAPs say as gospel and save myself the time and trouble of looking for a better deal...

...said no person with a functioning brain, ever.

Use your belittling talk on your real estate clients.  See how far it gets you in earning those commissions. 

• Like 14
  • Laugh 1

Ali Carr:  "One of the top registry brands for brides is Cuisinart."

Aren't couples registering jointly now, asking guests to chip in for honeymoon accommodations and such?

I would hope my husband-to-be would be just as eager to receive an ice cream maker as I would, especially since he would be making the ice cream.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

2 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Ali Carr:  "One of the top registry brands for brides is Cuisinart."

Aren't couples registering jointly now, asking guests to chip in for honeymoon accommodations and such?

I would hope my husband-to-be would be just as eager to receive an ice cream maker as I would, especially since he would be making the ice cream.

From joint wedding registries I've bought a chainsaw and a Simpsons chess set (with respect to the latter, there were plenty of people PO'd I bought it first).

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

2 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Is "Have a great day!" the more secular version of "Bless your heart!" and the less profane version of "F you!"?

How dare anyone question Just Jill's motives.  Move along peons, while I work on my third beach house, this one in the Hamptons.

Good point.  A person can't have social media both ways.  Post personal stories and examples of family, dogs, and illnesses and then cop out to a poster with "What's it to you?"  I will give Jill credit for her self-promotion skills because according to her, she has discovered candles, bracelets, and pottery never seen before.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 9

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.