Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

As was noted,  I absolutely thought that this EL package was designed for department store sales and promotions and Q picked up some excess.

Some of the items (night serum) are quite good, and at least the inventory wasn't destroyed and could be used. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

7 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Remember when Amy used to look cute?  Before the fucking oversized glasses covering her face, her sloppy outfit, and the crappy haircut?  She must be trying to be Skunky Jr.

Watching her on Monday night I was actually thinking she was trying to imitate Shawn; turning her back to the camera and rubbing her nose. It seemed obvious that she was trying to be Shawn. Why? She has to know better.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 5

9 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Remember when Amy used to look cute?  Before the fucking oversized glasses covering her face, her sloppy outfit, and the crappy haircut?  She must be trying to be Skunky Jr.

Yup, was just thinking this myself when I saw her...

1 hour ago, sauce62 said:

Watching her on Monday night I was actually thinking she was trying to imitate Shawn; turning her back to the camera and rubbing her nose. It seemed obvious that she was trying to be Shawn. Why? She has to know better.

I can't watch her anymore...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

1551230754_dollyparton001.thumb.PNG.2223874f39c94a5280476dec91f7120a.PNG

I’ve always wondered what wigs and rhinestones smelled like. 
(She seems like such a sweet person) 

• Laugh 7

11 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Cute?  I don't remember. Always thought she looked like shit with toooooooooo much troweled on makeup like the rest of the ass clown hosts on QVC.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

On 7/20/2021 at 9:03 AM, shopping queen said:

Jen is all about Jen.   Shame all those spread eagle and back bend yoga poses, she doesn't seem to be able to keep a boyfriend.  

Poor Courtney.  Watched last evening with Basso.   She looks like 40 hells.  All that long stringy hair (or extensions).  Has she looked in the mirror lately.

MBR has 10 people living in household.  Did she raise her children to becoming independent adults.   Who's living in the Roe home?    Where does MB's husband work?   

Just finished watching Jen selling Lindt chocolate candy. God she had to going a 100 miles an hour, talking nonstop 

On 7/20/2021 at 5:47 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I have questions.

1.  Isn't "tsunami of blessings" a bit of an oxymoron?
  2.  The gynecologic pose; Is she now taking humility lessons from Kirsten?
  3.  It's only been 10 years?  Seems like much, much longer. 

She was just on selling the Lindt chocolate and she has to.be wound up going a 100 miles an hour! I never heard her talk so fast or incessantly. Maybe she ate to many of the chocolates during the show. She was truly obnoxious today....

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

17 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Joan=No Filter!

Even the Q couldn’t reign her in. My favorites:

Anything with Kathy Levine.

With Gabrielle…”Whoa! You must be the second wife…the first wife NEVER gets a Diamond that big!

With Nick Chavez as he finishes his show with the big hairspray, they cut to Joan offset who praises the product, and then walks on with, “ And I had to pay full price, you sonofabitch!”

Finally, my favorite…

Cant remember the host; she was selling her jewelry…the host, raving about the item, said something like, “If I could have one thing…”, and Joan jumped in with…”You’d kill Jane Treacy, right?”

🎤

RIP Joan. 
one of a kind. 

^^^ That last one!   😂🤣😂.  I almost choked on my Fritos!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 13

19 hours ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Her mother’s favorite…🥱

MY mother's favorite back in the day

• Like 3

The cold shoulder lives on in Q World, sported by the Poo-pourri OAP. Btw, I’ve never seen anyone get this excited over Poo-pourri. She takes her brand ambassador role seriously!

3BA62FC4-10DA-4C07-93F3-D816CA874699.thumb.jpeg.5c8e72f4ca55906893f4c7c63835bc79.jpeg

• Laugh 12
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Joan=No Filter!

Even the Q couldn’t reign her in. My favorites:

Anything with Kathy Levine.

With Gabrielle…”Whoa! You must be the second wife…the first wife NEVER gets a Diamond that big!

With Nick Chavez as he finishes his show with the big hairspray, they cut to Joan offset who praises the product, and then walks on with, “ And I had to pay full price, you sonofabitch!”

Finally, my favorite…

Cant remember the host; she was selling her jewelry…the host, raving about the item, said something like, “If I could have one thing…”, and Joan jumped in with…”You’d kill Jane Treacy, right?”

🎤

RIP Joan. 
one of a kind. 

Joan was the best, there will never be another like her!!! 💔💔💔

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

After the QVC party "incident" QVC ran with it and created this:

Joan’s wearing a short patchwork - looking jacket in a couple of her shots ( including the end swearing) that she sold on QVC.  I recognize it as I bought one in a different color. 😁

• Like 5

17 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

At first glance she reminds me of a young Brett Somers.  It might be the oversized glasses.

17 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

This is from a Beauty Report preview a few minutes ago. Belinda Carlisle will be presenting a Benefit lip item later.

1434455117_belindacarlislehsn072121.thumb.png.ebf9e5dd05621d2d1862412f4f9ebb75.png

• Like 2
  • Surprise 4

JC a/k/a Ginger Puss not looking too happy covering social media on the couch for ITKWD.  She also looks bored out of her mind.  Don't think she was supposed to be on camera at that moment.

495858795_Screenshot2021-07-2111_12_25PM.png.3638e579e44e4245dc69a328e3c5e36b.png

• Laugh 17
  • Surprise 3

Jilly's candles SOLD OUT! Making waves Down The Shore! Watch out QVC and Harry Slatkin!20210722_024320.thumb.jpg.707608615101bc1870d47a732f8c4552.jpg And selling other Q qrap!

20210722_024335.thumb.jpg.1eba47ae01c99e3faf50c2189c54a7e9.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 3

Wonder if Ginger Puss is on her way out the QVC door?  I don't recall seeing her very often.  As  a matter of fact there are a few I don't see often.   IMO, anyone who hasn't graduated to daytime isn't on the QVC keep list.   

• Useful 1

GP has the worst voice I have heard.  I know the voices of many hosts have been criticized, but for me hers is the most painful. AND SHE'S LOUD! SHE YELLS EVERYTHING!

I fail to understand her appeal. 

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, shopping queen said:

Wonder if Ginger Puss is on her way out the QVC door?  I don't recall seeing her very often.  As  a matter of fact there are a few I don't see often.   IMO, anyone who hasn't graduated to daytime isn't on the QVC keep list.   

She's doing a combination of night shifts on Q and some daytime and evening shifts on Q2, along with being the main backup host for ITKWM and being David's sidekick on Wednesdays and the occasional Sunday if Mary is away.

Part of it may be where she sits on the seniority list:  She's 4th from the bottom so she essentially needs one or two people higher up to leave for her to have a chance at getting daytime or evening hours on main Q.  (Katrina is pretty much in the same boat, although she occasionally gets some daytime hours on the main channel.)

But she probably should be a bit concerned that (as far as I can tell) she rarely, if ever, gets called upon as a substitute host or a co-host on main Q during the daytime or evening.  For example, if she can host ITKWM when needed why wouldn't she be qualified to co-host Gourmet Holiday?

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

Why do I think JustJill slapped her label on pre-made candles available in the wholesale marketplace 🤔 

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 23

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

Why do I think JustJill slapped her label on pre-made candles available in the wholesale marketplace 🤔 

Because that's what a lot of small Internet retailers do. Buy wholesale, mark the products up, make a profit.

• Like 8

Speaking of Ginger Puss Crearly, was Teri Conn hired to be the midday host and nothing else, or at least, nowhere else on the schedule? I don’t remember any other host having as steady and brief, but daily a schedule.  Just wondering.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Turns out, Jilly B worked with a candle maker friend (of clean pure candles) in CA who worked with  "Angelo" candles at QVC. They are all helping each other stay alive in this business I guess.

20210722_104439.thumb.jpg.b4f78c3d7ad160d3d2ea9b2e7b780016.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Useful 9

4 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Jilly's candles SOLD OUT! Making waves Down The Shore! Watch out QVC and Harry Slatkin!20210722_024320.thumb.jpg.707608615101bc1870d47a732f8c4552.jpg And selling other Q qrap!

20210722_024335.thumb.jpg.1eba47ae01c99e3faf50c2189c54a7e9.jpg

So are they Just Jill > scented candles or Just Jill scented > candles?  Asking for Gwyneth Paltro...

14 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

This is from a Beauty Report preview a few minutes ago. Belinda Carlisle will be presenting a Benefit lip item later.

1434455117_belindacarlislehsn072121.thumb.png.ebf9e5dd05621d2d1862412f4f9ebb75.png

I have questions.

1. Is the lipstick really in Belinda?
  2. Do the lip injections come with every lipstick, or just the first one?  Because that'd be a helluva deal.
  • Laugh 8

1 hour ago, From Where I Sit said:

Speaking of Ginger Puss Crearly, was Teri Conn hired to be the midday host and nothing else, or at least, nowhere else on the schedule? I don’t remember any other host having as steady and brief, but daily a schedule.  Just wondering.

You're right; after she got off the night shift and was moved to daytime on main Q, it was pretty much the 12-1 p.m. eastern hour time slot 4-5 days a week, with the occasional hour or two before or after.

As Q2's live programming has restarted and evolved, they started giving her time on there, and now for the most part they've got her locked into 11 a.m.-noon before she changes studios for Deals on the Daily. 

But she is definitely a midday weekday host, during the noon hour on main Q and overall between the hours of 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., depending on what the schedulers decide.  I agree with you that she's unique with respect to how stable her schedule is.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

Jayne "I am an artist" Brown.

Jayne, dear, you dabble in paint.  It's your hobby and that's wonderful.  Perhaps some of your work hangs in friends' home.  But I do not think they are in a gallery.

You are primarily a television salesperson. Make peace with this fact instead of acting like you're the second coming of Picasso.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 10

1 hour ago, Bronx Babe said:

Q3 drive by:

Rick: "This cake is larger than some of the egos at QVC"

Alberti: "Yours or mine?"

Alberti ! 😉

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Well if we're talking ego I think Carolyn would top that list.

Speaking of Ms. Meanypants, caught a second view of D&C on -- it was either Q2 or 3, don't remember.  In addition to the "black socks and sandals" remark she gave poor Gary (who looked so happy and relaxed doing his remote from the beach at Wildwood, which apparently inflamed her cauldron of see you next Tuesday-ness), Carolyn included "I hope you won't be wearing a Speedo!" 

Can you imagine any male host giving out with "Carolyn, I don't want to see you in a bikini!"   They'd be kicked out the door in a heartbeat.

• Like 14
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 2

I may need to go hunting for previous Martha Stewart Christmas trees and their reviews because she just specifically mentioned someone last year bought one of her trees and didn't bother to check on the ceiling height of the room in which it was going be set up.

(And sorry, Martha, I'm in Camp String My Own Lights on My Tree)

• Like 3
  • Surprise 1

Martha has brought some pretty things to the Q, but she and Alberti seem a little aloof or out of touch at times. Poor Alberti has no idea where to buy fishing line? 🙄 I can’t imagine many customers were affected by ordering a tree that was too large. Are there that many clueless customers out there who needed that reminder? Martha would need 14 wreaths for her winter home, and she has bannisters leading to the upstairs in both her homes…wonder what other little tidbits she will share about what she or her grandkids have…

Surprised Alberti didn’t suggest the squirrel candle for Carolyn.

• Like 7

For a company that seems to jump on every cause and movement,  it seems that Qurate could remind its female employees that harassment runs both ways.

At least Gary has a full video record of everything!

• Like 20

11 minutes ago, Neiman said:

Martha has brought some pretty things to the Q, but she and Alberti seem a little aloof or out of touch at times. Poor Alberti has no idea where to buy fishing line? 🙄 I can’t imagine many customers were affected by ordering a tree that was too large. Are there that many clueless customers out there who needed that reminder? Martha would need 14 wreaths for her winter home, and she has bannisters leading to the upstairs in both her homes…wonder what other little tidbits she will share about what she or her grandkids have…

Alberti also suggested one of the 5-foot It's Not Flocked!  The White Color is Built In! trees for a 2nd bedroom.

And this is after Jane suggested a week or two ago to get a 300-odd-dollar pre-lit tree for a kid's bedroom.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 5

20 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

For a company that seems to jump on every cause and movement,  it seems that Qurate could remind its female employees that harassment runs both ways.

At least Gary has a full video record of everything!

But...but...it's joking!  They're good friends!  It's all in good fun!

Still can get yourself disciplined or fired, provided management has an across-the-board policy.

• Like 11

29 minutes ago, Neiman said:

I follow her on Instagram.....she shares a bit there.  For instance, she ruptured her Achilles tendon back in June, wanted it to heal on her own, it didn't, so she had surgery at the end of June.  As far as I can tell, she isn't allowed to walk or put any pressure on that foot yet, although she's graduated to a couple of different types of casts.

She also posted on one of her Instagram stories in the last day or two that MTV Cribs is coming back and her house is one of the ones being featured.  Which one?  Don't know!

She has two Instagram accounts.....one is a bit more "company" related the other is somewhat more personal though still has company related marketing on it.

https://www.instagram.com/marthastewart48/

https://www.instagram.com/marthastewart/

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 2

Jane and Alberti are now doing 2 hours of Gourmet Holiday.  For most of the time they've been presenting each item together.

Only thing I can think of is that it cuts down on the number of cameras if they're perpetually together instead of one joining in from elsewhere in the studio partway through a presentation.  It may also cut down on the amount of food being presented.  As in, cost-saving measures.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

Jen Coffey was on the Lindt Chocolate show yesterday afternoon. She seemed maybe to be wound up, speaking a mile a minute like I've never seen her before and speaking over the OAP. The show went by so fast and before I knew it it was over. I wonder if something was going on with her. I usually like her even though it took some time for me. 

• Like 3

Jane continues to be intolerable. “we don’t have Jimmy The Baker in the show…somebody get JTB on the line!”  
She oozes and orgasms over Alex G and her stuff salmon. Alex constantly refers to Alberti throughout the presentation, never even acknowledging that Jane is there. THAT is a total bitch put down. 
Jane, please, just STFU!!

• Like 7
  • Laugh 8

23 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Jane continues to be intolerable. “we don’t have Jimmy The Baker in the show…somebody get JTB on the line!”  
She oozes and orgasms over Alex G and her stuff salmon. Alex constantly refers to Alberti throughout the presentation, never even acknowledging that Jane is there. THAT is a total bitch put down. 
Jane, please, just STFU!!

While Alberti was the lead on the Martha Stewart wine presentation, Jane was there and Martha largely ignored her. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 1

6 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

While Alberti was the lead on the Martha Stewart wine presentation, Jane was there and Martha largely ignored her. 

Blabby is making herself unpopular, she cannot read the room.

• Like 14

Jane has just announced that in less than 49 minutes she’ll be hosting a show that will include her home movies from the 50s and 60s!!

She has become pathetic. She is looking worn; like that woman who’s been coming there so long, she has her own stool at the end of the bar. 

• Like 9
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 6

Yeah, watching Jane's family movies - no matter the era - would  be a total disincentive for me.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 8

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.