Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Amy Stran's constant interruptions during the LOGO SHOW--s.h.u.t. u.p.  There's only 13,000 left in the pewter.  Oh! I forgot to tell our ladies how to style these jeans.  EEK! I must interrupt you, Lor to go over the colors again.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

For the good of the order, @ByaNoseis referencing A-387320.

Right after that came A-387247, Boot-Cut Stretch Corduroy Pants.

Frankly, the last time uI wore corduroy was probably during the first term of the Reagan Administration.

The one and only time I wore corduroy was probably around the same time.  I would walk down the hall at work and everyone would say 'here she comes'.    The thighs rubbing together, the corduroy would make a noise.  First time last time I wore them 

• Laugh 11

Amy:  "I'm going to order Lori's metallic jeans during our upcoming break!"

I didn't know hosts were still pulling this sales crap.

• Laugh 1
  • Sad 7

30 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Amy:  "I'm going to order Lori's metallic jeans during our upcoming break!"

I didn't know hosts were still pulling this sales crap.

She & her husband (seems like a nice guy) do a QVC haul on her Instagram and she buys a shitload of stuff every week. I think employees get a 40% discount and she probably makes a great salary so I guess why not. LOL!!!!! 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

Are metallic jeans even still a thing?  I mean, I got a pair from Talbots maybe three or four years ago, wore them a couple of times, got a lot of compliments, but it feels like that's sort of a once and done trend?

What am I thinking...it's QVC!!!  They're always late on trends!

** I promise you......my metallic jeans are not skin tight sausage casings, either! 

• Like 8
  • Laugh 1

22 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'll really worry about CoKo becoming a Kartrashian when she spends a vacation getting a Brazilian Butt Lift. 

I'd say that little miss is very insecure about herself. I never liked her and never will. What a waste of money.

11 minutes ago, Shaking My Head said:

I'd say that little miss is very insecure about herself. I never liked her and never will. What a waste of money.

She just completely talked over Isaac like he wasn't even there. 

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

3A73972C-9FDC-44D9-8EDA-4A26DBD1F50A.jpeg.7ad8a576f9d28a16809d102078e2f544.jpeg23262CA6-470F-46A9-B118-EB8C7A8200FC.jpeg.f4cc648d6b93ab601549718891f0b4ef.jpeg

It’s funny to watch Amy when she poses. She never stands still for more than 3 1/2 seconds. She strikes a pose . . . Holds . . . And then shifts . . . Holds . . . And then moves. There’s a definite pattern and rhythm. 

AF2128AB-FE89-471C-9383-8D0C8529EC17.jpeg.43631294a2d6bb7ed7b0e30d3dd6762c.jpeg3EF7BFBB-55A9-4E15-803F-CF51131EF5D4.jpeg.a239f34e6d28cb1457bf14045a8ed858.jpeg

Ummm, buyer beware. Corrugated knees might not look good on anyone. Almost looks like it hurts.

Edited by From Where I Sit
  • Surprise 8
  • Sad 3

On 7/18/2021 at 11:48 AM, Coffeecup said:

I winder what happened to Carolyn? I don't remember her being so mean-spirited years ago when I first watched her.

I recall that Carolyn changed after her brother died and/or breast cancer. I liked Carolyn in her early days before she found her inner bitch.

• Like 4
  • Sad 6

7 hours ago, Thumper said:

I know I've worn corduroy pants since the Reagan Admin!  lol   I do love a corduroy jean in the fall and winter, IF it fits right.  Had some good ones from Levis, but it's been a good 10 years I bet.  I looked at the Logo cords, but my guess is if they fit my waist, they'll be too wide in the hips and legs.

I stopped wearing corduroy pants because my cats thought I was a scratching post....

• Laugh 19

6 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

1021934932_JenniferCofeystretch.thumb.png.f96dd9077108348b098219fa7535ff9a.png

What's Jen doing in that photo, trying out for the Rockettes?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

1021934932_JenniferCofeystretch.thumb.png.f96dd9077108348b098219fa7535ff9a.png

I have questions.

1.  Isn't "tsunami of blessings" a bit of an oxymoron?
  2.  The gynecologic pose; Is she now taking humility lessons from Kirsten?
  3.  It's only been 10 years?  Seems like much, much longer. 
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 10

Jen is all about Jen.   Shame all those spread eagle and back bend yoga poses, she doesn't seem to be able to keep a boyfriend.  

Poor Courtney.  Watched last evening with Basso.   She looks like 40 hells.  All that long stringy hair (or extensions).  Has she looked in the mirror lately.

MBR has 10 people living in household.  Did she raise her children to becoming independent adults.   Who's living in the Roe home?    Where does MB's husband work?   

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 2

Jen ought to put her crotch away. Have some dignity. 

• Laugh 9

Remember when Joan Rivers joked about her imaginary friend Heidi Abromowitz and her double jointed hips? (No one could swing their legs wider…). I think she called it her ‘trick hip’. 

• Laugh 10

LOOK AT ME JEN C!!!  Remember when the Q did their massive round of layoffs and she was celebrating her anniversary at the Q on fb with picture of herself with her Q offer letter. Tone deaf much!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Caro on the Estee Lauder gift box:

"If you're my age you remember we put our Barbies in a box like this!"

(I bet the Lauder people really loved that.)

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 2

Elise did a nice job with the TSV this morning. 

But between the launch at midnight - where the host constantly talked about her mother taking her to Needless Markup's makeup counter and never actually identifying with the makeup in a meaningful way and then Carolyn talking about it like it was too old even for her.......someone from Lauder ought to have a talking to to someone at QVC.

No worries though....this thing would sell itself, for people who are into Lauder.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Lots of comments on the QVC Board that the TSV is the exact same as last year's kit, and most likely inventory left-overs.

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 9

EL offers these kits every Xmas in dept stores as a “purchase with purchase”, meaning you can buy the box at a lower price when you spend a minimum on other EL products. Been doing it for years. I’ve received the box lots of times and loved it because it had so many items. 
Seeing it this AM, and hearing Caro spout the “when it’s gone…not coming back” mantra, my first thought was that it was last year’s leftovers…either from EL, or the Q. Probably stored in the same giant warehouse with the Poo-Pooree (sp?) and the Mr. Christmas ceramic Xmas trees with bullet lights. 😵💫

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 8

It’s getting very dull. 

Animated GIF

Only order of the year

I’m in the XX small

Never coming back

Buy multiples

I bought three

Only 200 left in the Robust Rose

• Like 4
  • Laugh 13

The EL kit is a great value.  I'm tempted to buy it but really only want about 4-5 items in the kit and the rest would sit in a drawer (or get rid of it) which I don't want to do and I have no use for the red case nor do I want it either.  So I'm not ordering to save on clutter and waste over value.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 13

56 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Lots of comments on the QVC Board that the TSV is the exact same as last year's kit, and most likely inventory left-overs.

Aha!  I thought it was a leftover, too, but wasn't 100% sure.  I remember that red bowed case from Macy's (I think)...but I didn't know if the products were exactly the same.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

I hope the EL kits aren't pandemic leftovers from last year when barely anyone shopped at stores with doors.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, mpeeps said:

The EL kit is a great value.  I'm tempted to buy it but really only want about 4-5 items in the kit and the rest would sit in a drawer (or get rid of it) which I don't want to do and I have no use for the red case nor do I want it.  So I'm not ordering to save on clutter and the waste over value.

I used to really enjoy these Lauder kits - my mom used to get it for me every year for Christmas, so it's a great memory for me.  You're right, though.  So many of the products just sat around unused.  Their eyeshadows are really good, but one of the palettes has some weird colors I wouldn't wear.

• Like 9

3 hour food show with MBR flying solo was easy, quick and without theatrics. Even though she’s no gourmand, there were no theatrics, yelling and orgasmic gasps. What a refreshing change. 👏

• Like 16

JRT is launching Q's At the Beach promo event in Wildwood, NJ, yet she's indoors.  Surely they could have had her outside for an hour before the sun gets too low, or are they too cheap to pay for outdoor lighting after the sun goes down?

(Edit to add the weather isn't a factor.)

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Jane with Estee Lauder Youth Dew. I remember that perfume from the 1960s.

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy beauty Estee Lauder Youth Dew 7-20-21.jpg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Jane with Estee Lauder Youth Dew. I remember that perfume from the 1960s.

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy beauty Estee Lauder Youth Dew 7-20-21.jpg

Jane always looks fresh from the early '60s so it's a perfect match.

And I really don't want to see her liver spotted legs. It's making me gag. 🤢 She ought to put on some of that leg foundation they sell. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 1

Goben "down the shore" -- Carolyn was jealous.

"Gary, are you wearing black socks with sandals?"

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 12

Just switched over to Q.  Looks like Jane’s outdoors on a patio/deck right now.  Christmas tree on set “down the shore,” too! 😁

QVC sells so many unattractive shoes. I’d rather see pretty shoes I can’t wear any more than functional, unattractive shoes I won’t wear.  Sigh.

• Like 11

To be honest, QVC could take lessons from ShopHQ on how to do remote presentations that don't sound like they're remote presentations.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Nothing.....NOTHING.....gives off more old lady vibes than a whiff of Youth Dew.

And I don't mean "old lady" in a good way, like if you're a guy and say "My old lady and I got hitched today".

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 10
  • Surprise 1

Inside or out, the lighting for Jane takes 10 years off. There must be an inch of Vaseline on the camera lens. 😲

Edited by MzBrooklyn
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 11
  • Surprise 1

Down the Shore SSWJ (with great natural light)!

20210720_203256.thumb.jpg.a649be673c384e2c0157fb15001990ff.jpg20210720_203315.thumb.jpg.4d0759e38ce3ede319ca31bb0775ca78.jpg20210720_203330.thumb.jpg.0eab8167b6b7aebf2e176b1689f8bcd9.jpg

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Nothing.....NOTHING.....gives off more old lady vibes than a whiff of Youth Dew.

And I don't mean "old lady" in a good way, like if you're a guy and say "My old lady and I got hitched today".

We can be certain that @MisterShrugwould never say such a thing about Missus Shrug.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

That's a good way?  lol  Never been a fan of that pet phrase.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

Down the Shore SSWJ (with great natural light)!

20210720_203330.thumb.jpg.0eab8167b6b7aebf2e176b1689f8bcd9.jpg

I wonder what JustJill would think about this. Jill loves the shore and it would have been perfect for her.

#justpissedJill, #pitchinguglyshoesatTHISlocale, #lovelysofacoverblabbyiswearing

• Like 1
  • Laugh 14

Jilly has to be a bit miffed! Especially since she's also been doing her Just Jill fb shows from her NJ shore house.

• Like 7

On 7/19/2021 at 8:19 PM, From Where I Sit said:

3A73972C-9FDC-44D9-8EDA-4A26DBD1F50A.jpeg.7ad8a576f9d28a16809d102078e2f544.jpeg23262CA6-470F-46A9-B118-EB8C7A8200FC.jpeg.f4cc648d6b93ab601549718891f0b4ef.jpeg

It’s funny to watch Amy when she poses. She never stands still for more than 3 1/2 seconds. She strikes a pose . . . Holds . . . And then shifts . . . Holds . . . And then moves. There’s a definite pattern and rhythm. 

AF2128AB-FE89-471C-9383-8D0C8529EC17.jpeg.43631294a2d6bb7ed7b0e30d3dd6762c.jpeg3EF7BFBB-55A9-4E15-803F-CF51131EF5D4.jpeg.a239f34e6d28cb1457bf14045a8ed858.jpeg

Ummm, buyer beware. Corrugated knees might not look good on anyone. Almost looks like it hurts.

Remember when Amy used to look cute?  Before the fucking oversized glasses covering her face, her sloppy outfit, and the crappy haircut?  She must be trying to be Skunky Jr.

• Like 7
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 8

13 hours ago, Burly said:

Remember when Joan Rivers joked about her imaginary friend Heidi Abromowitz and her double jointed hips? (No one could swing their legs wider…). I think she called it her ‘trick hip’. 

Damn, I miss Joan. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

I enjoyed the shoe shopping with Jane from the beach. I love when the shipping channels are outdoors. Shop hq or whatever it is called seems to be outside more lately as well.

• Like 5
  • Surprise 1

My late MIL always smelled like she took a bath in Youth Dew.   BUT she stopped wearing the fragrance sometime in the 80s.   Do women still wear this stuff?

• Laugh 1

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.