Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

2 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

Egosaurus strikes again:

"Estee Lauder's 'Beautiful' is my all-time favorite perfume.  Millions of people tell me they love the way I smell!"

“Under my clothes, I like to smell Beautiful”.

You're welcome Estée Lauder Inc, put the cheque in the post! 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

31 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

i guess it's cute to make clothes for stuffed animals but sending them to TV hosts is a little off,  and it's encouraging the madness

btw her town has 200 people!

The woman is a good seamstress. It's hard to make tiny garments. Probably she's made lots of doll clothes.

But I agree, it's a bit odd to send Carolyn clothes for her stuffed toy.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

59 minutes ago, Burly said:

“Under my clothes, I like to smell Beautiful”.

You're welcome Estée Lauder Inc, put the cheque in the post! 

I can't stand the smell of Beautiful, in fact I think all of Estee Lauder's fragrances are too strong for me.

Edited by Elle820
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

3 hours ago, Booney said:

Millions of people? Does she think viewers can smell her through their TV screen (and that alone is a stretch to think that millions of people are watching her)? Or maybe she's referring to the millions of people she runs into on a grocery run? The woman is as nutsy as her idiotic squirrel.

With her inflated sense of self she just naturally assumes the animal and gardening ladies are tuning in as well.   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

i guess it's cute to make clothes for stuffed animals but sending them to TV hosts is a little off,  and it's encouraging the madness

btw her town has 200 people!

All dressed identical to Nutsy...

• Laugh 15

Another OAP is joining the Q2 vendor-only selling group:  Ralph from Kansas City Steaks just announced he's going to host an hour on Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

UO:  I think Nutsy’s clothes are cute.  If it gives that woman pleasure to do it, no harm to me.

As to the whole Nutsy thing, I’m tired of it, but I don’t watch Caro too much.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Thumper said:

UO:  I think Nutsy’s clothes are cute.  If it gives that woman pleasure to do it, no harm to me.

As to the whole Nutsy thing, I’m tired of it, but I don’t watch Caro too much.

same 

• Like 1

I’d like to know how the woman got Nutsy’s measurements. 

• Laugh 13

8 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I’d like to know how the woman got Nutsy’s measurements. 

Nutsy in a vain attempt at freedom sends notes in D&C garments , so they started a convo?

• Laugh 10

There was a thread on the other site yesterday afternoon re Dan Hughes.  It was only up for a short time before it was zapped.  Apparently during last Friday's program it cut out 25 minutes into Dan's program and was replaced by a pre-recorded program.  Dan was supposed to be on Saturday, but Rick said he had the day off.  The video of Friday's program was also deleted from Dan's page.  I don't think I saw anything on this site, so I thought I'd mention it.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 5

3 minutes ago, Dottie D said:

There was a thread on the other site yesterday afternoon re Dan Hughes.  It was only up for a short time before it was zapped.  Apparently during last Friday's program it cut out 25 minutes into Dan's program and was replaced by a pre-recorded program.  Dan was supposed to be on Saturday, but Rick said he had the day off.  The video of Friday's program was also deleted from Dan's page.  I don't think I saw anything on this site, so I thought I'd mention it.

I saw that too, hope he's OK 

• Like 10

I've been wondering whether Dan had a medical emergency. However, since he seemed to be feeling fine on the show (according to people who were watching it), maybe one of his family members had an emergency, and they took him off air so they could notify him. Whatever happened, it must have been serious if they took him off the program schedule for a couple of weeks. (Remember, Mary Beth recently took leave when her brother died unexpectedly.)

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

I've been wondering whether Dan had a medical emergency. However, since he seemed to be feeling fine on the show (according to people who were watching it), maybe one of his family members had an emergency, and they took him off air so they could notify him. Whatever happened, it must have been serious if they took him off the program schedule for a couple of weeks. (Remember, Mary Beth recently took leave when her brother died unexpectedly.)

I hope everything will be okay.

• Like 7

Aran Craft has been in business since 1957.

Mary Beth:  "Longer than I've been alive."

QVC hosts:  it's always about them.

I can't imagine the tales Jane started weaving at midnight.

Actually, I can.

Hopefully, there was no grainy footage to accompany them.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 3

OAP Kieran explained that Kilronan was a company started by a woman who is a mother of several children.

Mary Beth:  "That's amazing.  I have four children and could barely do it all."

Kieran:  "She has two sets of twins."

MB:  "Mmm hmm."

Then, sounding as proud as a peacock with her peace out:

MB:  "I'm going home because my husband is making a corned beef." 

Fade out... 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

Lori G:  "We all want jeans.  It is our birthright."

🙄

I'm picturing a Lion King-like ceremonious moment at the birth of a child:

And when Ashley grows from innocent babe into womanhood, may she come upon a pair of indigo dyed leg garments into which she can comfortably squeeze her lower limbs and buttocks...

Edited by CandyApple
  • Laugh 6

Am I missing something?!  It's St. Patrick's Day and I haven't seen Blabbly once today.  I thought maybe she'd be on later in the afternoon, but Gourmet Holiday is on now with the bobbsie twins.

Edited by Dottie D · Reason: spelling
  • Laugh 1

8 hours ago, Dottie D said:

I saw that thread too; there was another thread that said that Dan could be heard saying they were having an issue, the vendor finished the presentation, and then they kicked to the pre-recorded program (he was live on Q2).  Right now he's off the schedule through April 4.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 1

16 minutes ago, Dottie D said:

Am I missing something?!  It's St. Patrick's Day and I haven't seen Blabbly once today.  I thought maybe she'd be on later in the after, but Gourmet Holiday is on now with the bobbsie twins.

She did the midnight-3 a.m. eastern stretch, which means she was also on from 3-7 a.m. in rerun form.  She's scheduled to be back tonight from 8-10 p.m. on Q2 and 10-midnight on Main Q.

The guide also says she was the host on Main Q from 7-11 a.m.  I wasn't watching but I doubt she was on for any of that; someone who was watching can correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 2

Ray Rastelli and Alberti used the code words for "we cut corners to get the price down" with M-58430, 10 Black Angus Ribeye Steaks, 10oz each:  Made exclusively for QVC.

And whoever was the prep chef for this demo and the steaks Alberti got to cut likes 'em rare, pretty much Pittsburgh-style.

Current rating for these steaks is 2.8 (as of this typing, 95 five-star reviews, 12 four-star, 20 three-star, 37 two-star, and 116 one-star).

• Surprise 6

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

She did the midnight-3 a.m. eastern stretch, which means she was also on from 3-7 a.m. in rerun form.  She's scheduled to be back tonight from 8-10 p.m. on Q2 and 10-midnight on Main Q.

The guide also says she was the host on Main Q from 7-11 a.m.  I wasn't watching but I doubt she was on for any of that; someone who was watching can correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe they are saving her for Saint Patrick's Day in July?

• Laugh 11

55 minutes ago, Captain Bob said:

Don't give them any ideas.

• Laugh 8

40 minutes ago, Captain Bob said:

is that concurrent with  or after CIJ

• Laugh 4

Does SPIJ go by another name Rose of Tralee Celebration?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

I thought we’d seen the last of the microwave pasta cooker, alas no. 

• Laugh 6

1 hour ago, Burly said:

I thought we’d seen the last of the microwave pasta cooker, alas no. 

It sounds like it wouldn’t work, but it does. I ordered one from Amazon a few years ago, and the pasta always comes out al dente. The one I have is called Fasta Pasta. It comes with directions for all kinds of pasta.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5

3 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Does SPIJ go by another name Rose of Tralee Celebration?

I thought Rose of Tralee was in September.  Not sure.  And not sure QVC “celebrates” it anymore.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lady J said:

It sounds like it wouldn’t work, but it does. I ordered one from Amazon a few years ago, and the pasta always comes out al dente. The one I have is called Fasta Pasta. It comes with directions for all kinds of pasta.

That's the one I had. But pulling it out of the microwave, loaded with boiling water in a wobbly plastic container, resulted in too many burns. It did work though.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

They made a very big point of not having the lid on it when it went in the microwave too. It did look a bit dangerous to be manhandlingva plastic box with no hanDles full of boiling water. OAP kept doing things wrong too! 

• Like 4

This "Balanced" Beverage holder looks dangerous too! Dave wasn't very convincing last night.

20210318_113511_resize_98.jpg.be7a86319cbf3596eaee5f2a7b68e0d8.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 4

8 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

This "Balanced" Beverage holder looks dangerous too! Dave wasn't very convincing last night.

20210318_113511.thumb.jpg.40d093146dc1ea954c61950261214d61.jpg

I saw the presentation and had the same thought; maybe on a surface like an ottoman it would work since the flaps sitting flat would help steady it, but on a narrow armrest in the demo videos you could see the flaps just hanging there and not gripping to anything and the holder would often wobble depending on what was being placed in it.  Maybe better for wider armrests but even then one wrong move and it's going over.

• Laugh 3

46 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I saw the presentation and had the same thought; maybe on a surface like an ottoman it would work since the flaps sitting flat would help steady it, but on a narrow armrest in the demo videos you could see the flaps just hanging there and not gripping to anything and the holder would often wobble depending on what was being placed in it.  Maybe better for wider armrests but even then one wrong move and it's going over.

One wag of my dogs tail and it would be over.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8

1 hour ago, Elle820 said:

One wag of my dogs tail and it would be over.

Also probably not best to use while tipsy, since it might get tipsy.

• Laugh 8

I tuned out shortly after Spurtle Myrtle came on.  I love my spurtle, but how many freakin permutations of this thing can she come up with?

David's people love it though, thousands sold within minutes!

• Surprise 3

4 hours ago, mpeeps said:

That would really class up the house...

• Laugh 11

1 minute ago, Captain Bob said:

Especially if you add one to the tub.

• Laugh 8

2 hours ago, Captain Bob said:

I said the same thing when I saw it too.  Who wants that silicon mat that looks like one of those fake spill gags on your furniture in your living room?  Mark Charles'  beverages were really wobbling on the armrest of that sofa and even the ottoman.  

2035735548_Screenshot2021-03-18at6_12_23PM.png.52527f13435b2c39ec0f5432c26dbda7.png

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

8 hours ago, mpeeps said:

$5.50 to ship that thing?! 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 5

13 hours ago, mpeeps said:

I said the same thing when I saw it too.  Who wants that silicon mat that looks like one of those fake spill gags on your furniture in your living room?  Mark Charles'  beverages were really wobbling on the armrest of that sofa and even the ottoman.  

2035735548_Screenshot2021-03-18at6_12_23PM.png.52527f13435b2c39ec0f5432c26dbda7.png

And Mark Charles,  loose the bro hat,  bro.  You look like an idiot ! ! !

• Laugh 1

1 minute ago, JT57 said:

And Mark Charles,  loose the bro hat,  bro.  You look like an idiot ! ! !

I'm puzzled by the fully buttoned cardigan, and yes, the hat is sort of silly considering he's indoors.

• Like 2

I think MCM was dressed in St. Patty's attire.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

19 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

I think MCM was dressed in St. Patty's attire.

Could be.

But I'm pretty sure he dresses like that all the time, though!

• Like 3

I just saw Martha Stewart on The Today Show and damn, she looks good!.

And now, Jill Martin for a half hour.

It's like watching QVC without watching QVC.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 10

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.