Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Burly,

I love prime rib. I have had the good luck of experiencing prime rib in some of the best restaurants in SF, NYC, Denver, Vegas. 
Most people prefer prime rib med-to-rare. When you slice it, it’s crusty on top and pink to bleeding on the inside. NEVER have I experienced PR in a pallor that is being offered by Rastelli’s.  It’s like they BOILED it!

So, when I can buy a 6-8 lb raw prime rib at Publix…at HOLIDAY time…for $50…why would I pay $150 for something that looks like it was dragged from a restaurant dumpster. 
C’mon, Ray…your products are very good. This is a NO!

Totally agree. And roasting it in a bag doesn’t appeal to me either. Talk about dumbing down to the absolute max for what is a luxury piece of meat? Tragic! 
Buy a meat thermometer America, look up the temps for your preference, get your rib from a local supplier and save $$$$$$ 

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I would love to know who is spending $379 on 12 lobster tails. I mean, people must be buying but who? I find it astonishing. 

  • Like 6
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Burly said:

Q2 ITKWM. Just teased that very expensive Rastelli Prime Rib. Every time this product airs I think it looks “greige” and unappealing. M78681
 

740-B5890-B42-B-49-FB-A770-854-B74-A9-E6

Because whomever is preparing it for photography/videography doesn't know what the fluck they're doing.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Burly said:

I would love to know who is spending $379 on 12 lobster tails. I mean, people must be buying but who? I find it astonishing. 

I think one group of customers they're going after are those who would have difficulty in finding Maine lobster near where they live, whether because they live in rural areas or in areas where the grocery stores don't stock them.  I know I've seen "over there" people comment about the prices and proclaim they can get Maine lobster where they live for much cheaper and then others will come along and respond that they live in a small town in the Midwest or somesuch so they'll happily pay to have it shipped to them.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

Germack…Jennifer, current OAP,  is now the one who is “calling Wally in the warehouse” to let him know how many orders to fill. 🤔

What happened to the long-time rep with the 80s hair…Christy?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

On 7/15/2021 at 9:37 PM, shopping queen said:

I have no words.  No words at all   

OMG... This shot of the TWEAKER Jane is PRICELESS ! ! ! !

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Germack…Jennifer, current OAP,  is now the one who is “calling Wally in the warehouse” to let him know how many orders to fill. 🤔

What happened to the long-time rep with the 80s hair…Christy?

Christie Fletcher, who was also a dog trainer and former news anchor (I looked her up), but I don't know where she is now.

I would guess that her being replaced as Germack OAP might have had something to do with the fact that she is not the trophy wife of a QVC executive. But, I could be wrong. 🤷‍♂️

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

I clicked over to the Deuce to see what was going on there, and it’s David’s Countdown to Christmas. He was selling a four foot inflatable Santa or elf, and Jeanine Graff was the OAP. She was a tad dolled up for selling blow-up characters, wearing a white cocktail-ish dress. The hilarious thing was the way the inflatables were posed around her. Santa is definitely trying to cop a feel, and I won’t even comment on where the elf’s hand is going. His facial expression says it all, lol.

0CD13DD3-3C70-49BB-B02D-56C206D3A4E0.thumb.jpeg.5c7f9717e8641f1228c31d506db8b5e5.jpeg

Meanwhile, David is posing with his illuminated spawn.

B8D47CC0-A871-4E37-927B-0979866D6BAA.thumb.jpeg.b65e782204d68d2e161ced2029c246a7.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 17
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Burly said:

I would love to know who is spending $379 on 12 lobster tails. I mean, people must be buying but who? I find it astonishing. 

At that price I’ll go to a good restaurant for my lobster and let them do all the cooking and cleaning. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Booney said:

I clicked over to the Deuce to see what was going on there, and it’s David’s Countdown to Christmas. He was selling a four foot inflatable Santa or elf, and Jeanine Graff was the OAP. She was a tad dolled up for selling blow-up characters, wearing a white cocktail-ish dress. The hilarious thing was the way the inflatables were posed around her. Santa is definitely trying to cop a feel, and I won’t even comment on where the elf’s hand is going. His facial expression says it all, lol.

0CD13DD3-3C70-49BB-B02D-56C206D3A4E0.thumb.jpeg.5c7f9717e8641f1228c31d506db8b5e5.jpeg

Meanwhile, David is posing with his illuminated spawn.

B8D47CC0-A871-4E37-927B-0979866D6BAA.thumb.jpeg.b65e782204d68d2e161ced2029c246a7.jpeg

Forgive me in advance my friends because I am just having a crappy day between this rain and the humidity so I apologize .....but I have to tell you Booney that Jeannine Graff is one of my least favorite OAP’s and i completely agree with you that she is overdressed (as she always is)......also cannot stand the fact that she is always ready to show off her fancy house and her fancy pool and I get the impression that she completely lives for Christmas in July and plans for it all year

Another one I cannot stand and I have mentioned her before is the Mr. Christmas person and I know her family IS Mr. Christmas but I cannot abide her overbite and her cloying manner and I find her hard to look at so she is an immediate click  for me

So sorry to vent on this Saturday afternoon but I know you guys will understand 😉

Edited by SiouxB
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

26 minutes ago, SiouxB said:

Forgive me in advance my friends because I am just having a crappy day between this rain and the humidity so I apologize .....but I have to tell you Booney that Jeannine Graff is one of my least favorite OAP’s and i completely agree with you that she is overdressed (as she always is)......also cannot stand the fact that she is always ready to show off her fancy house and her fancy pool and I get the impression that she completely lives for Christmas in July and plans for it all year

Another one I cannot stand and I have mentioned her before is the Mr. Christmas person and I know her family IS Mr. Christmas but I cannot abide her overbite and her cloying manner and I find her hard to look at so she is an immediate click  for me

So sorry to vent on this Saturday afternoon but I know you guys will understand 😉

About the rain and humidity, I want to know who's screwing around with the weather??? Rain every single day!!

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Shaking My Head said:

About the rain and humidity, I want to know who's screwing around with the weather??? Rain every single day!!

So far it’s been a crappy summer. Extreme heat , humidity, and so much rain. It just nrpever stops. 🥵

43 minutes ago, Shaking My Head said:

About the rain and humidity, I want to know who's screwing around with the weather??? Rain every single day!!

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, Shaking My Head said:

About the rain and humidity, I want to know who's screwing around with the weather??? Rain every single day!!

I'm jealous.  We'd love your rain here in California!  I can't even remember the last time we had a real rain here in my part of CA.  Just those kind of sprinkles that messes up your car wash.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Jane was out of control on Friday's shoe show.  Nonstop verbal diarrhea,  much worse than usual.

Perhaps 10% was about the item, 90% being nonsensical, incoherent stream of consciousness crap about what she and the daughters wore, when and where.

It's like she has an internal acting coach who urges "Motivation Janie!  Give the people your Motivation!"

"It was a dark and stormy night, and I had on my cozy Lamo boots as Deirdre and I trudged through the moors.... "

  • Laugh 12
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Jane was out of control on Friday's shoe show.  Nonstop verbal diarrhea,  much worse than usual.

Perhaps 10% was about the item, 90% being nonsensical, incoherent stream of consciousness crap about what she and the daughters wore, when and where.

It's like she has an internal acting coach who urges "Motivation Janie!  Give the people your Motivation!"

"It was a dark and stormy night, and I had on my cozy Lamo boots as Deirdre and I trudged through the moors.... "

Ah ha!  J. Peterman = Jane Peterman.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Jane takes the Q directive of using "storytelling" as a sales tactic to a whole other level.

I think as well that she honestly believes that talking about her 20-something kids, especially the one who lives in NYC, and tying them into the products she's selling (Oh, this would work great in her studio apartment!  She loves these shoes!) will encourage customers to buy the same stuff for their kids or grandkids, since those kids and grandkids surely aren't watching QVC.  Maybe get some new, younger customers if they like what mom, auntie, or grandma bought them and check Q out for themselves, online.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

49 minutes ago, Friday said:

I'm jealous.  We'd love your rain here in California!  I can't even remember the last time we had a real rain here in my part of CA.  Just those kind of sprinkles that messes up your car wash.

I can't complain too much, at least the rain and cloudy overcast has helped reduce this Summer's  electric bill nicely. Now if I can keep the grass from growing so fast,lol. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Jane takes the Q directive of using "storytelling" as a sales tactic to a whole other level.

I think as well that she honestly believes that talking about her 20-something kids, especially the one who lives in NYC, and tying them into the products she's selling (Oh, this would work great in her studio apartment!  She loves these shoes!) will encourage customers to buy the same stuff for their kids or grandkids, since those kids and grandkids surely aren't watching QVC.  Maybe get some new, younger customers if they like what mom, auntie, or grandma bought them and check Q out for themselves, online.

It's called relational retail or something like that, what Q decided to do a couple years ago. 

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Jane takes the Q directive of using "storytelling" as a sales tactic to a whole other level.

I think as well that she honestly believes that talking about her 20-something kids, especially the one who lives in NYC, and tying them into the products she's selling (Oh, this would work great in her studio apartment!  She loves these shoes!) will encourage customers to buy the same stuff for their kids or grandkids, since those kids and grandkids surely aren't watching QVC.  Maybe get some new, younger customers if they like what mom, auntie, or grandma bought them and check Q out for themselves, online.

I don't know.....it would require way too much on a younger person's part.  First, they'd have to decide to even flip the channel to QVC.  Second, if they decided to go there, they'd have to ignore their "WTF is this?" feeling when they saw Jane.  Lastly, after they got over their first impression of Jane, they'd have to get past her motor mouth.  If we can't do it, how could a new viewer, much less a young new viewer, do it?

That's an awful lot to have to stick around for, just to try and be lured in by Jane's tales of her children's use or like of whatever she's selling!

 

  • Like 9
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I don't know.....it would require way too much on a younger person's part.  First, they'd have to decide to even flip the channel to QVC.  Second, if they decided to go there, they'd have to ignore their "WTF is this?" feeling when they saw Jane.  Lastly, after they got over their first impression of Jane, they'd have to get past her motor mouth.  If we can't do it, how could a new viewer, much less a young new viewer, do it?

That's an awful lot to have to stick around for, just to try and be lured in by Jane's tales of her children's use or like of whatever she's selling!

Not saying they'd watch QVC, but maaaaaaaaybe there's a hope that if someone who does buys something for them and if they like it they might check out QVC's website.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Courtney just rendered Kim Gravel momentarily speechless by telling her she's great at beer pong after their chatter got into the subject of red Solo cups.

After Kim recovered, she said, "Everybody's got gifts and talents, y'all."  To which Courtney responded, "So many."

(A-462630 if you want to watch the video when it gets posted.)

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Laugh 10
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

36 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Not saying they'd watch QVC, but maaaaaaaaybe there's a hope that if someone who does buys something for them and if they like it they might check out QVC's website.

I would not trust Jane and her female family members to have any clue what most young people are interested in. I don't think it's Disney and Dinner Theater.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

What’s up with Rick’s hair tonight? It’s all messy and he suddenly has graying temples. 
 

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post

Yikes @Burly you were not kidding...

She should be ashamed of herself....🤮

and the visual of Mary fanning herself was timed perfectly !

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Brenda sighting! She was welcomed back and told Julia that her son's name is Jayden (I chose the spelling... lord knows how many ways you can spell that name). 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Burly said:

Deeply unpleasant shot of the underside of Squirrel Brand OAP’s fake nails at around 5.20 onwards here 

https://www.qvc.com/SH126-Squirrel-Brand-(2)-15-oz-Silver-%26-Gold-Chocolate-Toffee-Almonds.product.M78364.html?sc=SRCH

Camera cuts back to Mary who seems to be having a hot sweat at the sight of them, she then immediately makes a (pointed?) comment about eating with your eyes. 

Mary compliments her blue claws nails too at 3:00!  Unbelievable! She said "your nails are crushing it"! 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, Friday said:

I'm jealous.  We'd love your rain here in California!  I can't even remember the last time we had a real rain here in my part of CA.  Just those kind of sprinkles that messes up your car wash.

I'm so confused!  I came from CA with no rain and now we have rain every day!  What's the deal?  Is this normal?  Humidity hasn't been that bad (hope I didn't jinx it) here in middle TN. but rain every day?  It's just weird :).

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Caro is wearing decent shoes today for a change.

AA610D8C-5352-496C-AEDE-C9118AD0DA2C.thumb.jpeg.913ae2c747315fc5967cc0308ac68380.jpeg

She just had to “pop on” this denim jacket. Of course she popped the collar and rolled up the sleeves!

4B66F1F1-80F6-4FEF-A741-92021742851E.thumb.jpeg.866c11117ece294beef3a875712e3d34.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post

Typical Carolyn. She had a rare good look, and she promptly ruined it.

  • Like 14
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Alberti is filling in for PJD today; Dan noted it is the first time they have ever hosted together under non-Covid circumstances, and during Covid they only did a Gourmet Holiday once.

A bit later, Dan said they're like Laurel and Hardy.  To which Alberti responded that at least they weren't Abbott and Costello.  Dan thought that was both true and funny.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Alberti is filling in for PJD today; Dan noted it is the first time they have ever hosted together under non-Covid circumstances, and during Covid they only did a Gourmet Holiday once.

A bit later, Dan said they're like Laurel and Hardy.  To which Alberti responded that at least they weren't Abbott and Costello.  Dan thought that was both true and funny.

I don’t know enough about either group to understand that humor! 
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

At the end of the show they were presenting an Apple MacBook Air and showed some of a music video from when Alberti was 24 and an Albanian pop star.  Dan took a look at it, pointed at Alberti in the video and said, "That's a Lee press-on mustache."  Alberti laughed and said that they likely had used mascara to make it show up better.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Typical Carolyn. She had a rare good look, and she promptly ruined it.

I was ready to pay her a compliment--and then I scrolled down to the second picture.

Too bad about the helmet hair too.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Friday said:

I was ready to pay her a compliment--and then I scrolled down to the second picture.

Too bad about the helmet hair too.

She always looks messy, she doesn’t seem to care that she is on tv . 🤷‍♀️

  • Like 7
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

What’s up with Rick’s hair tonight? It’s all messy and he suddenly has graying temples. 

Maybe he is trying to get rid of his stalker, Shawn?  If he looks as gross as she does, maybe she won't be attracted to him anymore?

  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

I found some old videos about Carolyn on YouTube, made by QVC 12 years ago, in 2009. Fast-forwarded through two of them. In the first video, she showed an old picture of herself when she worked at a radio station. (Don't know the date.) She was very pretty!

Second picture is Carolyn speaking in the 2009 QVC interview.

Third picture is from a video about Carolyn and her pets, also from 2009. She looks nice in that picture too. I think she was always more interested in her pets than in being fashionable; she dressed very casually back then too. It's a little sad to watch that video. Twelve years is a long time in the life of cats, dogs, rabbits, and the other animals in the video. You have to wonder how many of those pets are still around in 2021.

There are probably more old videos and pictures of Carolyn on YouTube. The two I looked at were:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smWaIRdRFq4

Meet QVC Program Host Carolyn Gracie

12 years ago, 2009

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HoGo9IiijA

Carolyn Gracie's Love for her Pets

12 years ago, 2009

 

misc pics QVC Carolyn Gracie young radio hist undated photo 7-18-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Carolyn Gracie in 2009 YouTube interview 7-18-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Carolyn Gracie pets interview YouTube 2009 7-18-21.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

I think Caro still has a pretty face and she has really nice skin. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder what Gary Goben thinks when he has to work with Carolyn each week after working with Elise every Sunday. No Nutso and Chestnut idiocy or tormenting and teasing with Elise. His blood pressure is probably within normal range on Sundays and hits 250/110 Tuesday morning.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

I winder what happened to Carolyn? I don't remember her being so mean-spirited years ago when I first watched her.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

If you could only hear the glass breaking in my house right now. Crystal wine and champagne, greenhouse window (has survived multiple hurricanes)…oops!, there went a couple of mirrors…😵💫
Oh, not to worry…just a KitchenAid demo with Tina Verrilli. 

Let’s quickly take a look at colors before the high impact windows begin to cave. 😳
Hope my Homeowners’ will cover. 🤔

Edited by MzBrooklyn
  • Laugh 15
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Coffeecup said:

I winder what happened to Carolyn? I don't remember her being so mean-spirited years ago when I first watched her.

She doesn't seem to be that way with anyone else except Gary. I think Gary has a type of personality that Carolyn feels like she can pounce on. Maybe it makes her feel "cool". 

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post

What's happening to Courtney?  She was cute, had beautiful hair and wore the clothes with style.   Tuned in last evening, she was a mess.   Since she started coloring over the highlights, her hair has look like shitz.   Earlier this year  prive revaux oap and Chaz complimented how professional and cute she was.    QVC needs to get her away from Shawn and Jane in a hurry  

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

The Q closeups don't help but CoKo had real puffer lips last night and exaggerated features.

20210718_134201.thumb.jpg.f5412b54fd3dce32208b60f2879a0725.jpg

  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

Yeah Courtney is going for the "IG look" these days.

Got this here in the U.K. too. The black eyebrows, the gravy browning tan, the double false eyelashes and the super-pumped lips. 
What do they think they look like? 
 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Burly said:

Got this here in the U.K. too. The black eyebrows, the gravy browning tan, the double false eyelashes and the super-pumped lips. 
What do they think they look like? 
 

Kardashians. 🤦‍♀️

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size