Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Yep! Courtney Cason is back. They can't stay away for long.

20210713_221714.thumb.jpg.0a92e969d9b2705179d85964a631f6e1.jpg

• Like 12
  • Laugh 1

Wonder if Cason also has a "team" of workers and will start selling crap on fb too!?

• Laugh 9

Yeah.  I’m over Jill and her sales tactics on FB.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Booney said:

Rachel is hosting a Kim Gravel show now, and looks so good. Love this outfit. Her legs look a mile long.

103F3656-3D14-4BEA-9048-4D056E870E59.thumb.jpeg.be97ec715ac7a0d00409febe894fa79c.jpeg

I agree, great look !

• Like 8

Ali Carr is getting her first TSV tonight. I'm on the west coast, so I've been exposed to her quite a bit. Every other word out of her mouth is RIGHT??? So annoying. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 4

5 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Ali Carr is getting her first TSV tonight. I'm on the west coast, so I've been exposed to her quite a bit. Every other word out of her mouth is RIGHT??? So annoying. 

I have a hard time listening to Ali.  Technically she's a good host and gives  adequate info, but the way she talks makes my brain hurt!  She says a couple of words...stops a second......says more words....stops a second.......for me, it's as difficult to listen to as someone who sounds like they're on speed (Blabby or Kerstin).

• Like 8

I don't particularly care for Ali either.  I can't quite explain it, but she seems too theatrical or actressy (but not in the way Jane is.)

I notice this most when she is with David and Dan:  just too scripted and coy.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Kamerakrazy said:

I agree, great look !

I agree, Rachel looks good in most of the clothes EXCEPT...

LOGO.  That crap is GARBAGE.  UGLY UGLY UGLY.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I notice this most when she is with David and Dan:  just too scripted and coy.

Coy is a perfect word for Ali. Maybe that’s why her face bothers me. I think she has a very, very subtle coy and smug facial expression.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I believe we're getting "bonus" D&C shows tomorrow with "Garolyn".   Oy.   

People (Gary in particular), tragic events (sinking of the Titanic) and even inanimate objects (Nutsy), all fall prey to Carolyn's twisted sense of humor.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

11 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Yep! Courtney Cason is back. They can't stay away for long.

20210713_221714.thumb.jpg.0a92e969d9b2705179d85964a631f6e1.jpg

Leah's new weave looks like Rick James' hair

• Like 1
  • Laugh 15

I'm just gonna say it:  I always liked Mary Beth - the simplicity, but could relate.  I was just watching her again - something's wrong.. It's almost like she is at her first debut.  I know other people have noticed it.  I am not ragging on her. I think she has reached her expiration date.  Again, she seems like such a nice person.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Boston said:

I'm just gonna say it:  I always liked Mary Beth - the simplicity, but could relate.  I was just watching her again - something's wrong.. It's almost like she is at her first debut.  I know other people have noticed it.  I am not ragging on her. I think she has reached her expiration date.  Again, she seems like such a nice person.

It might be my imagination, but she has seemed off since her accident. 😕

• Like 10

1 hour ago, shopping queen said:

or bozo the clown syndrome

bozo the clown.jpg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

MBR said yesterday she had 10 people living with her 

sounds like she is the breadwinner for the whole family sons and grandkids ?

Oh, wow.  So much for “empty nesting.”  Very generous of them.    I wonder if the pandemic is the reason?  (Loss of jobs or hours.)

Or kids may be working, but not getting paid enough to afford an apartment.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Lady J said:

It might be my imagination, but she has seemed off since her accident. 😕

how many years ago was that?  curious

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

MBR said yesterday she had 10 people living with her 

sounds like she is the breadwinner for the whole family sons and grandkids ?

Holy TLC family, Batman.. I thought all her kids were college and above

• Surprise 2

I am never home at lunchtime.. Terri Conn is a breath of fresh air.  Too bad she only is on one hour.

• Like 9

Re Leah:  Rick James came first to mind with me, but with a close second…

Rosanne Roseannadanna. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 1

42 minutes ago, Boston said:

I am never home at lunchtime.. Terri Conn is a breath of fresh air.  Too bad she only is on one hour.

If you have Q2, she often does the 11 a.m. hour or an hour or two in the 1-3 p.m. slot in addition to the noon Q show.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

If you have Q2, she often does the 11 a.m. hour or an hour or two in the 1-3 p.m. slot in addition to the noon Q show.

I can't find Q2 on cable here.. maybe it's me.. or maybe i just don't have it.. I'm going to look again... thanks.

51 minutes ago, Boston said:

how many years ago was that?  curious

Holy TLC family, Batman.. I thought all her kids were college and above

I think they all are. At one point a couple of years ago (definitely pre-pandemic), MB said that her son, daughter-in-law and their kids (three kids now, I think) were moving in with her, and that a niece was living with her also. That's six extra people - I wonder who the other four are? Maybe more of her kids. No wonder MB seems distracted in her presentations! Her household must be chaos all the time.

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Re Leah:  Rick James came first to mind with me, but with a close second…

Rosanne Roseannadanna. 

NM

1 minute ago, Booney said:

I think they all are. At one point a couple of years ago (definitely pre-pandemic), MB said that her son, daughter-in-law and their kids (three kids now, I think) were moving in with her, and that a niece was living with her also. That's six extra people - I wonder who the other four are? Maybe more of her kids. No wonder MB seems distracted in her presentations! Her household must be chaos all the time.

Holy crap! (Frank Barone).  I'm glad I live alone.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

This isn't the best image, but caught a few minutes of Carolyn doing the Anybody hour this afternoon.  IMHO she actually looked 'current' for once.  She was wearing a three piece set of tank, jacket & camo crop (which were ankle pants on her) the outfit were quite flattering.

Nothing else changed; just as the tiger can't can't change its stripes, it was still Carolyn.  She had to ruin things by opening her mouth.   She kept calling the Anybody OAP (Amol) "Honey", (a word that grates on me!)  & seemed disappointed that she'd been paired with a model I'd not seen before that she couldn't size shame, since the model wore a large. (Just like Carolyn does....yeah, right)

20210714_135753.jpg

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Alberti (breaking into the DV shift and shuffle) & Rachel (providing smell and sniff) for the next 4 hours, plus the bonus of the creep from KC on location from a HSN cooking site.

And the award goes to… “MUTE”

Edited by MzBrooklyn
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 11

On 7/12/2021 at 12:35 PM, RubberbandGirl said:

jane-blabbin-crop.gif

her skin is sooooooo gross

On 7/4/2021 at 9:45 PM, Booney said:

Jen Coffey is doing the Susan Graver show. I guess she was going for a patriotic red, white and blue outfit - and had to do it with Graver schmattas - but this combo is pretty awful.

980B1A8F-8EBC-4DB0-B483-FF3232AFF4FB.thumb.jpeg.6180e5148e8448972e991a978fd1f2b7.jpeg

She’s got some major neck strings going on tonight - reminiscent of a certain former host.

1975BC0D-4263-4C25-9DE6-587237B6EE0F.thumb.jpeg.3f898e551488414258c69a9e807263a0.jpeg

she has a pretty awful looking neck ... very old looking like the TOVA woman. Gross!

• Surprise 1

6 hours ago, shopping queen said:

I totally thought the same! 🤣 She should've gone for soft layers and nixed the bangs.

• Like 5

Watching Amy on "Your Style Live Clearance" on Q2.  I can't watch her too long, she talks way too fast (when I can understand her), she sound like The Chipmunks on speed!  Another Q host who feels she has to share by telling us what she did last night.

She said she thought it would be "fun" last night to sit by their outside fireplace (right, we've all got one right?).  She couldn't understand why no one in her family wanted to join her in toasting marshmallows & making s'mores.  Hmm Amy, could the fact that it's 90°+ & July have anything to do with that????  Do these hosts even care that their "stories" make them sound like idiots/deluded?

While I'm on my rant box, if I hear her, Kirsten or Jen Coffey whine about their "problem" areas, I feel like throwing stuff at the TV!  I like my TV too much though, better idea is just to change the channel....

Yep, I'm out Amy now is wearing a ridiculous, oversized tunic top, that looks like a dress on her.  She quite fancies herself in it...ugh!

P.S: Do you know that they can't get anymore of these items this year?????

• Like 2
  • Laugh 10
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, shopping queen said:

I really like Leah...but her new hair looks like it would be so hot especially this summer🥵

• Like 5

10 hours ago, phonybaloney said:

or bozo the clown syndrome

bozo the clown.jpg

I associate the Bozo giant hair look more with the Tweak'd volumizing products than I do with Leah's hair.

misc pics QVC beauty hairTweak'd volumizer 7-14-21.jpg

• Like 4
  • Laugh 9

45 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

I like Leah’s hair. Very Donna Summer. E6768B6D-CEE7-40DD-A035-C39E3885AF7D.thumb.jpeg.59148781003dcae6795da9e2f3397b75.jpeg

Not sure Leah's hair looks like Donna Summers LOL.   I'm still going for Slick Rick James 

• Like 8

21 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

In general I like her, though I have noticed in more recent viewings that her fauxthusiasm has amped up a bit.  I mean, I wouldn't want a host to be blase', but there is an acceptable happy medium that seems difficult to find.  Maybe casual conversation doesn't sell product, but this infomercial-like orgasmic reaction to every.damn.thing doesn't do it for me.  I'd rather have the casual, conversational demeanor any time.  

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Boston said:

You're welcomeimage.png.200180fda3b813d0a0d24bd456a8b995.png

Wow. I thought he was an extra from Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video. 

• Laugh 5

Is David letting his hair go grey ? I was just taking a closer look and it doesn't look the usual shoe polish black. 

• Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

2 hours ago, String Theory said:

Watching Amy on "Your Style Live Clearance" on Q2.  I can't watch her too long, she talks way too fast (when I can understand her), she sound like The Chipmunks on speed!  Another Q host who feels she has to share by telling us what she did last night.

She said she thought it would be "fun" last night to sit by their outside fireplace (right, we've all got one right?).  She couldn't understand why no one in her family wanted to join her in toasting marshmallows & making s'mores.  Hmm Amy, could the fact that it's 90°+ & July have anything to do with that????  Do these hosts even care that their "stories" make them sound like idiots/deluded?

While I'm on my rant box, if I hear her, Kirsten or Jen Coffey whine about their "problem" areas, I feel like throwing stuff at the TV!  I like my TV too much though, better idea is just to change the channel....

Yep, I'm out Amy now is wearing a ridiculous, oversized tunic top, that looks like a dress on her.  She quite fancies herself in it...ugh!

P.S: Do you know that they can't get anymore of these items this year?????

They think calling attention to their "problem areas" makes them relatable. It's also a way for thin 40+ yr old women to fish for compliments. 🙃

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

Blabby selling the heck out of the older model of the Bissell Crosswave.  Bragging about the colours that are unique to QVC only & the special price of $196.65.  She has mentioned her daughter's kittens three times in the first six minutes of the presentation.

Bissell came out with a newer cordless model of the Crosswave at the end of last year.  I believe I paid $185 for mine.  So much for the Q selling the "latest" model of things.  Obviously Bissell must of had a bunch left that they sold to.QVC.

Another mention of kitties, that makes four times.  

Time for me to go to bed, although Blabby keeps telling me there's only 1400 left of the Crosswave in Mambo Red and they're going to sell out before tomorrow morning. They're taking a call from Natalie (in the green room no doubt), who is raving about her Crosswave & how it's the best thing she ever bought!

Kitty count now up to five!!!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 11

6 hours ago, Benji said:

Is David letting his hair go grey ? I was just taking a closer look and it doesn't look the usual shoe polish black. 

I am probably a minority who always liked David.. never said a bad word about him.. BUT.. boy, he looks like a dark-haired SpongeBob.. he is huge and needs to take off some lbs.

Hey, I need to lose some lbs.. but I'm not on TV

Edited by Boston · Reason: forgot
  • Like 10

I woke up and briefly tuned into Blabby's presentation of the Bissell vacuum cleaner.

No Jane, a vacuum cleaner isn't exciting.  No, we shouldn't be gifting them to our school teachers because kids will be back in school causing a mess.  No, we shouldn't stock up now for Christmas and Hanukkah gifts.

There is an air of desperation to her presentation, and her numerous gift suggestions is just grasping at straws.

I hope the new CEO views video clips of the on-air talent and cleans house.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 2

Most of the hosts need refresher courses on selling. The pitch that really irks me is, "When I was in [XYZ situation], this [XYZ product] would've been great/helpful"

First of all, as the potential buyer I don't care how it would've been beneficial to a host. Either you have personal experience with the product or you don't.

Edited by PopItInUrWasher · Reason: There was no second of all. I pretty much made my point 😆
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, Boston said:

I am probably a minority who always liked David.. never said a bad word about him.. BUT.. boy, he looks like a dark-haired SpongeBob.. he is huge and needs to take off some lbs.

Hey, I need to lose some lbs.. but I'm not on TV

Oh yes he does.  HE IS SO UNHEALTHY LOOKING, and has labored breathing.  You can hear it all the time.  He is a perfect example of someone that is going to have heath issues because of their weight, lack of exercise and stress.

His "Weatherman" hair style has always been TOO much for me.  That greased down, dies black look.  Not good.

• Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

Most of the hosts need refresher courses on selling. The pitch that really irks me is, "When I was in [XYZ situation], this [XYZ product] would've been great/helpful"

First of all, as the potential buyer I don't care how it would've been beneficial to a host. Either you have personal experience with the product or you don't.

I always consider the hosts stories bragging  

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Dottie D said:

I woke up and briefly tuned into Blabby's presentation of the Bissell vacuum cleaner.

No Jane, a vacuum cleaner isn't exciting.  No, we shouldn't be gifting them to our school teachers because kids will be back in school causing a mess.  No, we shouldn't stock up now for Christmas and Hanukkah gifts.

There is an air of desperation to her presentation, and her numerous gift suggestions is just grasping at straws.

I hope the new CEO views video clips of the on-air talent and cleans house.

Gifter to their kid's teacher:  Here's a vacuum you can use in your classroom since we know the kids will be causing a mess!

Teacher:  So you're saying my classroom is a pig sty?  Your child wasn't in my classroom last year.  Did you ask around?  Look through the window?  Don't realize the janitor's closet is just down the hall?

I guess we'll see how the TSV sells throughout the day, but surely there comes a point when it gets harder to sell them because they've hit vacuum overload for the year.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Elle820 said:

I really like Leah...but her new hair looks like it would be so hot especially this summer🥵

****see Rick James pic

12 hours ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

They think calling attention to their "problem areas" makes them relatable. It's also a way for thin 40+ yr old women to fish for compliments. 🙃

It's called "fishing".. and they all do it (the skinny minis)

Edited by Boston · Reason: spelled wrong
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, shopping queen said:

Not sure Leah's hair looks like Donna Summers LOL.   I'm still going for Slick Rick James 

Super Freak seems to apply to alot of the hosts (and OAPs).  If you haven't watched LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE YOU SHOULD.  so funny

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, Boston said:

Super Freak seems to apply to alot of the hosts (and OAPs).  If you haven't watched LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE YOU SHOULD.  so funny

IDK who Little Miss Sunshine is.   Several act like they ran a line before going on air 🤣 Enlighten me.

• Like 2

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.