Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

DV definitely making up lost time on eating the products. Nothing like watching a fat guy stuff his face while his jaws wobble. 🤢

• Laugh 4
  • Sad 1

Mimi McKenzie no longer reps Landies Candies?  I wonder if she's gone for good. 

I sort of liked her.  Always very pleasant and upbeat. 

• Like 7

My mom would make a light fruitcake when I was a kid. I loved the citron pieces.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, MzBrooklyn said:

DV definitely making up lost time on eating the products. Nothing like watching a fat guy stuff his face while his jaws wobble. 🤢

At the start of the programme he was eating the pastry selection and bit off a large piece of the ricotta and spinach pasty then spoke to the camera/OAP for several seconds with the pastry VISIBLY in his mouth. 
Not. Cute. 

• Surprise 6
  • Sad 1

I did enjoy seeing him try to rip open a bag of Moose Munch without success and then Diva-ishly call for a blade or scissors to open it!

(I've had trouble with those bags too, but never on television!)

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

15 minutes ago, Burly said:

At the start of the programme he was eating the pastry selection and bit off a large piece of the ricotta and spinach pasty then spoke to the camera/OAP for several seconds with the pastry VISIBLY in his mouth. 
Not. Cute. 

Sounds like Diva (and other hosts too) could use an etiquette lesson.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Burly said:

They really have to hard sell that Beatrice Bakery fruit cake don’t they? Are fruit cakes generally despised in the US?
I love fruitcake. The Beatrice ones are light and I’d love to try it but If it’s a dark fruitcake I like eat it  it with a piece of Cheddar or Wensleydale cheese. Amazing combination. 
My best friends mum made me one for Christmas and I only received it a few weeks ago. Beautiful dark fruit decorated with nuts and glacé fruit on top. The delay in getting it wasn’t a problem because she had fed it with so much booze in the run up to xmas it would probably be preserved until the next millennium. It was absolutely delicious 🤤 

I like fruitcake - bordering on love, when the holidays roll around - but I'm the only person I know who does!

People always joke that if you receive a fruitcake, you save it for next year and give it to someone else.....who saves it and gives it to someone else the following year, and so on - meaning there's just one fruitcake in the family that just keeps getting passed on, because no one likes it!

• Like 5
  • Laugh 10

I love a good fruitcake but I am the only one who would eat it if I order the Beatrice.   Maybe I could make it last from Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve by myself!

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I love a good fruitcake but I am the only one who would eat it if I order the Beatrice.   Maybe I could make it last from Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve by myself!

That's what I do!  I buy mine around Thanksgiving and it maybe lasts through the first week of January.

Honestly, I don't even need a high end fruitcake....I'll take a cheap and cheerful one!  My dad, when he was alive, always bought me two at the gas station made by Claxton, as a joke!  They had a light one and a dark one and he got them both for me.  He was frustrated about the fact that I  actually liked them and he decided I inherited the fruitcake gene from my mom (my parents are divorced and so he thought this fruitcake joke applied to her demeanor, as well!)

I can't remember which one, but there is one made by Trappist monks (Missouri or Kentucky?) that is awesome.  I've also tried making them, and while they came out great, it's cheaper to just buy one already made.

• Like 7
  • Useful 4

52 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

That's what I do!  I buy mine around Thanksgiving and it maybe lasts through the first week of January.

Honestly, I don't even need a high end fruitcake....I'll take a cheap and cheerful one!  My dad, when he was alive, always bought me two at the gas station made by Claxton, as a joke!  They had a light one and a dark one and he got them both for me.  He was frustrated about the fact that I  actually liked them and he decided I inherited the fruitcake gene from my mom (my parents are divorced and so he thought this fruitcake joke applied to her demeanor, as well!)

I can't remember which one, but there is one made by Trappist monks (Missouri or Kentucky?) that is awesome.  I've also tried making them, and while they came out great, it's cheaper to just buy one already made.

Missouri.

https://www.trappistmonks.com/

Edit:  And Kentucky!

https://www.gethsemanifarms.org/

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

23 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Oh no...

Please no.

*Braces self*

Looks like Jimmy the Baker braced himself too even though MBR is doing his segment (M-78486).

And here she is!  Claiming that his nickname for her was "My Little Nutmeg."  He rolled his eyes, and said he's somewhere with 3 of their high school classmates so later they can have a more thorough discussion of whose heart was broken more.  Jane said it was hers.

(Underhanded way, IMO, of him saying he knows she can't keep her stories straight.)

Jimmy is obviously somewhere other than his usual place because Mary Beth can be heard on a delay when they turn his sound on.

At the end MBR said she wanted to be Jimmy's Little Almond.

Are we sure it wasn’t, “My Little Nutbag?”

• Laugh 6

20 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

What a bizarrely entertaining food show.

During Jane's presentations Mary Beth, on split screen,  increasingly would grin awkwardly, nod her head and act like she had no idea where she was (or why.)

I saw that show…and wondered if MBR was either in pain or distressed about something. She was definitely not mentally present.

• Like 3
  • Sad 7

On 7/8/2021 at 11:20 PM, letusprocrastinate said:

E-234322, the Karaoke Microphone and Recorder.

Sandra got Alberti to sing.  Somewhere Carolyn is shaking her fist.

Sheesh, Sandra's oldest daughter is 18????

You're so right Carolyn is always trying to get him to sing. I was laughing out loud with Caro shaking her fist somewhere😂

Edited by Elle820
  • Laugh 7

Curse you Sandra!

First my Garden Domination Crown....

And now.... My Alberti!!!

• Laugh 10

Wonder how long Elise will remain at QVC?   Over a year long relationship with her Miami guy Guapo.   Seems like she spends more time in Miami than she does in PA.    

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

19 hours ago, MzBrooklyn said:

DV is a buffoon. 
A GREAT BIG buffoon 🙄

YES.  This guy DRIVES ME CRAZY.  He's on the Jane meds today.  And his momma lives near me, so I see the dork every now an then.

• Surprise 3

I noticed Elise knotted her tee when she hosted the GILI show on Sunday, and Terri has knotted her LOGO tee during Deals on the Daily today. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, Shaking My Head said:

And as long as she makes more than he does.

Or until she gets dumped like Jen.   

• Like 1

Has anyone read the Elise love stories?   Guapo is Christian Grey in a milder version.  The  guy sound so much like a  womanizer?  His favorite perfume LOL.  How many women has he bought the same perfume? How many women has he told the same thing?   Poor Elise acting like a silly teenage girl with a first love.    Such silly stories written by a 40 year old grown woman.   LMAO 

• Surprise 3
  • Sad 4

I love Leah and think she is truly a class act, but the long hair is just not her best look. She has a long face and the long hair just pulls it down and ages her. I know we get tired of the same look with hair… I am one who changes color and style regularly…but when a particular look isn’t working, I go back to what does. I hope she does too. She’s a beautiful lady. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, shopping queen said:

Has anyone read the Elise love stories?   Guapo is Christian Grey in a milder version.  The  guy sound so much like a  womanizer?  His favorite perfume LOL.  How many women has he bought the same perfume? How many women has he told the same thing?   Poor Elise acting like a silly teenage girl with a first love.    Such silly stories written by a 40 year old grown woman.   LMAO 

Where are you reading the stories?  Facebook?

”Guapo” means “handsome!” 😁

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MzBrooklyn said:

I love Leah and think she is truly a class act, but the long hair is just not her best look. She has a long face and the long hair just pulls it down and ages her. I know we get tired of the same look with hair… I am one who changes color and style regularly…but when a particular look isn’t working, I go back to what does. I hope she does too. She’s a beautiful lady. 

Agree. I think this new hairstyle makes her look older. She’s a lovely lady, but this is not a good look for her.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Agree about the long hair. I also wonder why she said "This is my summer hair.) (Meaning her summer extensions.) Usually you wear your hair shorter, or in an updo, in the hot summer weather. Long thick hair on the neck and shoulders just makes you feel hotter.

• Like 14

CoKo sounds like she’s eating, or sucking on candy, when talking while off-camera tonight. 😳

Does anyone in that studio care even a little bit about production values anymore?

Is this the producer in the control room:

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Laugh 10
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, MzBrooklyn said:

i am not a fan of Leah,  dont dislike her just dont care too much.  the few times i saw her recently i really didnt like her hair. too much  too long

• Like 6

I think Leah's hair would look nice in a soft up-do or ponytail.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

I think Leah's hair would look nice in a soft up-do or ponytail.

It's  a wig. Her natural hair would never look like that. Compare hers with models who are AA. If she's fibbing about extensions, it's disappointing but not surprising because they all do it all the time.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Thumper said:

Where are you reading the stories?  Facebook?

”Guapo” means “handsome!” 😁

www.eliseivy.com

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

I just glanced at that blog. Very risky to put all that out there if it doesn't work. Not sure why anyone would do that. Maybe keep the journal to yourself and then publish it on your 50th anniversary? Like I have said before, I just don't understand the need to make everything about yourself public. I am glad I'm old, since I never would have fit in this generation!

• Like 15

Carolyn.

"Nutsy just fell to the floor.  He has a concussion.  Ha ha ha!"

• Laugh 1
  • Sad 5

3 hours ago, Neiman said:

Did Elise’s guy work at QVC?

I don't think so.   Reading her silly teenage falling in love stories , she met him while lunching with friends.   I think she was in the Hamptons.    To be 40 she's like a giddy 14 year old in love for the first time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Rachel is hosting a Kim Gravel show now, and looks so good. Love this outfit. Her legs look a mile long.

103F3656-3D14-4BEA-9048-4D056E870E59.thumb.jpeg.be97ec715ac7a0d00409febe894fa79c.jpeg

• Like 22

4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I just glanced at that blog. Very risky to put all that out there if it doesn't work. Not sure why anyone would do that. Maybe keep the journal to yourself and then publish it on your 50th anniversary? Like I have said before, I just don't understand the need to make everything about yourself public. I am glad I'm old, since I never would have fit in this generation!

Risky indeed. She probably wants an ex to see it- either her ex or bf's ex. 

• Like 5

Keep Rachel away from Alberti,  Jen and Kerstin and I think she's actually a good, thorough, informative host.

• Like 11

Rosina Grosso seems pleasant enough, but her voice...whew!...I feel like I'm listening to a slightly less nasally Fran Fine 🙉

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

1 minute ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

Rosina Grosso seems pleasant enough, but her voice...whew!...I feel like I'm listening to a slightly less nasally Fran Fine 🙉

Yes! I couldn't quite place it. I did get used to her voice and she seems fun and competent so I vote to keep her. 😆

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Jane is being totally obnoxious with the Philosophy OAP right now. She's been continuously cutting her off and I understand when hosts do this to keep the show moving along, but Jane conveniently finds time to add in her unnecessary blabs. The OAP is being gracious.

• Laugh 1
  • Sad 11

Jane just said she was in meetings all day in her home and didn't have shoes on, so her feet were cold. She wished she had the Skechers she was presenting because they would've been perfect...

Is this the same woman who has a closet just dedicated to shoes???... 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 13

21 minutes ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

Jane just said she was in meetings all day in her home and didn't have shoes on, so her feet were cold. She wished she had the Skechers she was presenting because they would've been perfect...

Is this the same woman who has a closet just dedicated to shoes???... 

Surely she has some slippers in that closet too.

Um, Jane, maybe turn the thermostat up a bit so your AC doesn't get overworked and quit in protest during this stretch of heat and humidity?

• Like 5

@letusprocrastinate IKR! Not only did Jane make herself sound like a dunce, it's such a 1st world problem. Just walk to your closet and get a pair of slippers and/or turn up the thermostat. These sales tactics the hosts use are so beyond stale. 

• Like 11

How about a pair of socks Jane? That usually does the trick for cold feet.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 11

10 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

How about a pair of socks Jane? That usually does the trick for cold feet.

Yeah, she should have a drawer full of Bombas. 🙄

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.