Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Be able to rotate hosts or even remote reps in the time slot?

I had that thought:  Easier to put in other hosts and when the time comes that David steps aside from hosting it, they've already renamed the show.

2 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

From what I read in David's posts, it seems just the Wednesday show has changed to this "Kitchen Reimagined" show.  Sunday will still find him happy dancing and color tapping on Sundays! At least this is what I envision.

What I find silly about the whole thing is that there was nothing in that show - meaning product - that is any different from any other time slot.  Same old stuff and brands.  Nothing that made me "reimagine" anything about my space or QVC.

Re:  Sunday, I too think it'll be situation normal.  David will have an apron on!  Maybe some of the production changes seen Wednesday make it over there.  If you're going to pick an ITKWD show to make noticeable changes, make it the Wednesday one with less viewers.

I guess with things like new sets and graphics and music it's just easier for Q to introduce it all in one swoop and tinker as necessary afterward, but with more significant things like having vendors host their own shows, do that with a bit more stealth.

Edited by letusprocrastinate · Reason: Or maybe at least they've partially renamed it
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

David really looked different without the apron. I guess I don't watch any other show he is on. But, to me, his chest with his sweater vest looked really big and then his legs seemed so thin. When he has the apron, you can't see that difference. I couldn't figure out why he looked different until I read some of the threads and they were all talking about NO APRON. Some people over at the QVC boards do not do well with any change. (LOL- reminds me of some the comments on the Silver Sneakers exercise classes when there is a new instructor or some different music.)

• Like 4
  • Laugh 6

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought the new logo had a prominent "ITKWD" in it, not just the phrase, "your kitchen reimagined"? Whatever the case, the show certainly fell short of the hype. I only lasted a few minutes because, as noted above, the product lineup wasn't reimagined. Maybe some viewers watch ITKWD for the set and his apron, but I couldn't care less about those things. I'm watching for the products (and a good screenshot of David choking on a Nutrisystem shake, of course!) and when it's the same old, same old products for months on end, they've lost me. New sets and David's physique in all its glory without an apron aren't doing it for me.

And I don't need my kitchen reimagined, thank you very much!

Edited by Booney
  • Like 12

Maybe David wanted to make a change in the show ? He is getting kind of robotic with his "scripts" in the kitchen. 

Why is he so manic about getting colors taken off the set when they sell out ? He's the only host I've seen get so crazy about it. Is he afraid QVC (or he) is going to get sued for misrepresenting what's available ? Same thing when he mentions the time that a deal will expire. For example, not at 3 o'clock, but at 2:59 pm Eastern. Kind of OCD maybe ? 

• Like 7

I didn't care about David's apron missing. I don't usually watch his kitchen shows. I just look at product videos for items he's selling that I might be interested in, like home and garden stuff. He never wears the apron for those shows. I do agree that the apron helps disguise his big belly. Maybe Denim & Co. should sell a line of aprons. Carolyn and Gary could tell us we can throw on the apron when we make a quick run to the grocery store or the pharmacy. If they put little embroidered squirrels on the front, Carolyn will enthusiastically model them, and they'll sell thousands!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

You have released a huge idea. Not kidding! Great category that is a crossover from Kitchen to Garden to Crafting

Aprons 

• Denim & Co. -  (you described a perfect one above)
  • Isaac Mizrahi - bright, colorful
  • Susan Graver - placed prints, solids, and of course, dots
  • Lori Goldstein - well, she can go to town with her style 
  • peace love world - affirmation aprons
  • Kim Gravel - (and so on)
  • QVC house brand - initialed choices, holiday choices

Not all bib (hang around the neck) styles. There are several other styles that are popular and would work well here.

And they would come in some sizes. 

Edited by From Where I Sit
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, From Where I Sit said:

You have released a huge idea. Not kidding! Great category that is a crossover from Kitchen to Garden to Crafting

Aprons 

• Denim & Co. -  (you described a perfect one above)
  • Isaac Mizrahi - bright, colorful
  • Susan Graver - placed prints, solids, and of course, dots
  • Lori Goldstein - well, she can go to town with her style 
  • peace love world - affirmation aprons
  • Kim Gravel - (and so on)
  • QVC house brand - initialed choices, holiday choices

Not all bib (hang around the neck) styles. There are several other styles that are popular and would work well here.

And they would come in some sizes. 

Some of those are very plausible, especially Peace Love World affirmation aprons.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

PLW apron:

”Buy, Eat, Get Fat”

• Laugh 19

Carolyn did a segment in the garden show with her Nutsy squirrel that turned out to be rather embarrassing. I was browsing the day's product videos when I saw she had presented M70966 Perky Pet Squirrel-Be-Gone MAX Bird Feeder and Hook Set. I watched it to see if she would make any remarks about Nutsy in terms of this item. Oh boy, she sure did!

Carolyn at beginning: You know, I love my Nutsy, I love the squirrels in my yard, but I don’t like when they steal all the bird seed, because I also love the birdies that like to hang out in my yard. And the more bird seed that you have, the more the pretty little birds you will have around your house with their happy little songs. So this is from Perky Pets. It’s been a very popular brand this gardening season…

So, after they showed numerous videos of birds using the feeder, we're back in the studio, and there is damn Nutsy. Carolyn had fastened him to a sample bird feeder.

Carolyn 4:16 [demonstrating the feeder with Nutsy] … so Nutsy can’t get to the seeds.

[Nutsy voice:] Mom! What’s up with that? I don’t like that idea.

[Removes Nutsy from feeder and goes back to her own voice:] Well, you can see the squirrels if you want, give them, there’s stuff you can buy for squirrels. They are very smart. They will find food. They don’t need to be raiding your bird feeders. Again, you have the bronze, the green, and the black… [taps colors]

[end of presentation] I’m sorry, Nutsy. I promise you can have a [twick?] when we get back to my dressing room.

Gahhhh!  Way to sabotage the presentation with your stupid squirrel, Carolyn!  They didn't show the OAP while she was doing her Nutsy thing, but he must have been pissed. However, he was smiling when they showed him again... although he did have to go along with her and say you could feed squirrels somewhere else in  your yard, away from the bird feeder. In my experience, that isn't going to work. Squirrels are greedy. They will eat whatever you left them in the far corner of the yard, and then they'll go straight to the bird feeder and try to eat all the seed too.

misc pics QVC Carolyn Gracie bird feeder with Nutsy 1 3-04-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Carolyn Gracie bird feeder with Nutsy 2 3-04-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Carolyn Gracie bird feeder with Nutsy 3 3-04-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Carolyn Gracie bird feeder with Nutsy 4 3-04-21.jpg

• Like 5
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 1

I suspect desperation is setting in.

Food sales, which really helped over the past year will probably not be as robust as things relax and people feel better about restaurants and shopping. 

For example,  I ate inside in NYC twice this week, for the first time in a year.  I dine early so there was really no one else near me!  It was enjoyable and the staff seemed grateful to have real customers. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1

Here's another garden product that could have been presented in a better way. It was not Carolyn's fault this time. Product is M70374 Apollo Exports Set of 2 25" Dual-Chamber Railing Planter. OAP Susan Butterworth showed the planter, full of flowers, on a patio railing outside in the cold. The wind was blowing her hair around, there was snow on the ground, and she was all bundled up. It's just not how you want to visualize planters on your patio in spring and summer.

The Plow & Hearth OAP had a much more reasonable approach to showing her railing planters. She was indoors and had the planter on a section of fence. She had decorated the room with flowers and garden ornaments, and she was wearing spring-type clothing. M70315 Plow & Hearth Wrought Iron Railing Planter with Coco Liner.

misc pics QVC Carolyn Gracie flower railing box 1 3-04-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Carolyn Gracie flower railing box 2 3-04-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Carolyn Gracie flower railing box 3 3-04-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Kerstin Lindquist garden P-H planter 1 3-04-21.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Carolyn did a segment in the garden show with her Nutsy squirrel that turned out to be rather embarrassing. I was browsing the day's product videos when I saw she had presented M70966 Perky Pet Squirrel-Be-Gone MAX Bird Feeder and Hook Set. I watched it to see if she would make any remarks about Nutsy in terms of this item. Oh boy, she sure did!

Carolyn at beginning: You know, I love my Nutsy, I love the squirrels in my yard, but I don’t like when they steal all the bird seed, because I also love the birdies that like to hang out in my yard. And the more bird seed that you have, the more the pretty little birds you will have around your house with their happy little songs. So this is from Perky Pets. It’s been a very popular brand this gardening season…

So, after they showed numerous videos of birds using the feeder, we're back in the studio, and there is damn Nutsy. Carolyn had fastened him to a sample bird feeder.

Carolyn 4:16 [demonstrating the feeder with Nutsy] … so Nutsy can’t get to the seeds.

[Nutsy voice:] Mom! What’s up with that? I don’t like that idea.

[Removes Nutsy from feeder and goes back to her own voice:] Well, you can see the squirrels if you want, give them, there’s stuff you can buy for squirrels. They are very smart. They will find food. They don’t need to be raiding your bird feeders. Again, you have the bronze, the green, and the black… [taps colors]

[end of presentation] I’m sorry, Nutsy. I promise you can have a [twick?] when we get back to my dressing room.

Gahhhh!  Way to sabotage the presentation with your stupid squirrel, Carolyn!  They didn't show the OAP while she was doing her Nutsy thing, but he must have been pissed. However, he was smiling when they showed him again... although he did have to go along with her and say you could feed squirrels somewhere else in  your yard, away from the bird feeder. In my experience, that isn't going to work. Squirrels are greedy. They will eat whatever you left them in the far corner of the yard, and then they'll go straight to the bird feeder and try to eat all the seed too.

misc pics QVC Carolyn Gracie bird feeder with Nutsy 1 3-04-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Carolyn Gracie bird feeder with Nutsy 2 3-04-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Carolyn Gracie bird feeder with Nutsy 3 3-04-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Carolyn Gracie bird feeder with Nutsy 4 3-04-21.jpg

squirrels will empty the damn feeder in a minute, we stopped using them 

• Like 6

Jane wore her fancy dress and high heels for the 11:00 p.m. garden show, since she was about to do the Silver Jewelry Day TSV at midnight. She looked nice.

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy dress garden plants 5 collage 1 3-04-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy dress garden plants 6 collage 2 3-04-21.jpg

• Like 7

On 3/3/2021 at 4:12 PM, hummingbird said:

don't understand the faking of something you can't/won't/not allowed to do or eat for something else

I can see if you can't eat meat for health reasons but miss the texture. But I would assume most vegans would be grossed out by that texture.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I'd happily reimagine my kitchen if someone else would bankroll it.

I would like Mike Holmes to come and reimagine my entire house.  His Cadillac renovations on my Yugo budget are just what the doctor ordered!

• Laugh 4

7 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Jane wore her fancy dress and high heels for the 11:00 p.m. garden show, since she was about to do the Silver Jewelry Day TSV at midnight. She looked nice.

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy dress garden plants 5 collage 1 3-04-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy dress garden plants 6 collage 2 3-04-21.jpg

She looks lovely here.  The longer length on the dress serves to allow the fabric to settle down a bit, after negotiating the curvation of her hips.  The Donna Reed styling, when too short, looks a bit like she's wearing a patio umbrella.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

13 hours ago, Burly said:

PLW apron:

”Buy, Eat, Get Fat”

Good one.  Also "Buy, Eat, Get Fatter" 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Captain Bob said:

I can see if you can't eat meat for health reasons but miss the texture. But I would assume most vegans would be grossed out by that texture.

exactly

• Like 1

Why do the Mosley’s feel it’s ok to sell their stuff by telling outright falsehoods?  Last night during the Artisan jewelry show (The 2am show on March 5, at the 2:35 mark) he was presenting a multi-strand sterling necklace made in Bali.  I don’t know if he was trying to play on buyers emotions or what, but he came right out and said that Bali has no major hotels, only small B&B’s, and they’re all dirt roads and you go around in Jeeps because there are no jewelry markets, and the local artisans sell their items to QVC and he gets emails from them thanking him for bringing their items to Q.  (And don’t get me started on his stories about artisans in India, another bunch of gobbledygook). Just hearing those words directly from his mouth just pissed me off as they were totally wrong.  

No hotels?  Really?  Try nearly 160 hotels that employ nearly 36,000 locals.  I’ve been lucky to have visited Bali twice, once on a land vacation for 5 days and once during a cruise where we stayed for three days.  During the land trip, we stayed at the Four Seasons Jimbaran  Bay which is total luxury.  During the cruise, we had access to the St Regis Nusa Dua. There’s also a Bvlgari Resort (yes, the jewelry hoity toity store), an Intercontinental and other high end hotels. No jewelry markets?  🐂💩!!!!!!!!!!!  Artisan jewelry is sold in every hotel, in small boutiques, in pop up places and local craft markets. And yes, they DO have have artisan markets, as I purchased quite a few pieces from local jewelry designers.  You will find small family places in out-of-the-way locations, but they’re definitely not the only option.  I have no idea why he feels like he has to tell these stories to sell the items, but does he really think that in Q’s vast audience there isn’t one person who’s been to Bali?  He’s like his wife who says that people will stop you on the streets of Manhattan to admire your Diamonique.  If a stranger approached me in Manhattan, I would turn my scooter around and get the hell out of Dodge. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 5
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 3

1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

Why do the Mosley’s feel it’s ok to sell their stuff by telling outright falsehoods?  Last night during the Artisan jewelry show (The 2am show on March 5, at the 2:35 mark) he was presenting a multi-strand sterling necklace made in Bali.  I don’t know if he was trying to play on buyers emotions or what, but he came right out and said that Bali has no major hotels, only small B&B’s, and they’re all dirt roads and you go around in Jeeps because there are no jewelry markets, and the local artisans sell their items to QVC and he gets emails from them thanking him for bringing their items to Q.  (And don’t get me started on his stories about artisans in India, another bunch of gobbledygook). Just hearing those words directly from his mouth just pissed me off as they were totally wrong.  

No hotels?  Really?  Try nearly 160 hotels that employ nearly 36,000 locals.  I’ve been lucky to have visited Bali twice, once on a land vacation for 5 days and once during a cruise where we stayed for three days.  During the land trip, we stayed at the Four Seasons Jimbaran  Bay which is total luxury.  During the cruise, we had access to the St Regis Nusa Dua. There’s also a Bvlgari Resort (yes, the jewelry hoity toity store), an Intercontinental and other high end hotels. No jewelry markets?  🐂💩!!!!!!!!!!!  Artisan jewelry is sold in every hotel, in small boutiques, in pop up places and local craft markets. And yes, they DO have have artisan markets, as I purchased quite a few pieces from local jewelry designers.  You will find small family places in out-of-the-way locations, but they’re definitely not the only option.  I have no idea why he feels like he has to tell these stories to sell the items, but does he really think that in Q’s vast audience there isn’t one person who’s been to Bali?  He’s like his wife who says that people will stop you on the streets of Manhattan to admire your Diamonique.  If a stranger approached me in Manhattan, I would turn my scooter around and get the hell out of Dodge. 

Shyster

• Like 4

I miss the actual vendors from Bali that they used to have.  Remember the lovely woman who would occasionally dance?

• Like 7

Suzanne Runyan over on HSN just made 2021's first reference to “the pumpkin patch.” Dang, girl!! I am not buying some Bermuda shorts in March so I will have them ready to wear when I (in home shopping theory) head out to pick the damn pumpkins in October!!! What is this pumpkin-picking obsession??? 

• Laugh 14
  • Surprise 4

I have to say this. Only because I didn’t like the look of the blond tips on the end of her hair so much.

I think she looks better and more pulled together now with her darker, more natural hair. She also seems happier, more relaxed.

AD709611-1035-4F28-A02C-F3DA9690ED5A.jpeg.4aff719296e20c75da000e9a5d24bd1f.jpeg  

• Like 13

It's amazing how different a new nose can make a person's face look.

• Like 11

5 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Never cared much for the Mosleys, at least Janyl on JTV never uses this type of sales pitch, neither does ShopLC who sells a lot of Bali style jewelry. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

Definitely.

I think she looks really pretty, and if the nose makes her feel better about herself, good for her.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

nm

If I could turn back time.. Kourtney..image.png.8cce44c84f7ed34aa78f81510dec13a7.png

I'm just trying to get my mind/eyes off JANE being on here all the time.. ugh.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

4 hours ago, Thumper said:

I miss the actual vendors from Bali that they used to have.  Remember the lovely woman who would occasionally dance?

I'm so glad you mentioned the dancer! I remembered her, so I looked her up. Her name is Suarti. There is an old interview with her (2013) with Nancy Hornbeck:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Nancy-Hornback-s-Interview-with-Suarti-Welcome-to-Bali/ba-p/1853127

I found an old video (2008) on YouTube: Jacque Gonzales selling jewelry with Suarti. Gosh,that jewelry was gorgeous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Mcm3KnHsw

Picture of Suarti from the Nancy Hornbeck interview.

misc pics QVC jewelry Suarti Bali jewelry vendor 2013 3-05-21.JPG

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

I'm so glad you mentioned the dancer! I remembered her, so I looked her up. Her name is Suarti. There is an old interview with her (2013) with Nancy Hornbeck:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Nancy-Hornback-s-Interview-with-Suarti-Welcome-to-Bali/ba-p/1853127

I found an old video (2008) on YouTube: Jacque Gonzales selling jewelry with Suarti. Gosh,that jewelry was gorgeous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Mcm3KnHsw

Picture of Suarti from the Nancy Hornbeck interview.

misc pics QVC jewelry Suarti Bali jewelry vendor 2013 3-05-21.JPG

She used to appear on QUK a lot. Her English wasn’t great but she was so smiley and charming, most of the time she’d just giggle and do the ‘namaste’ thing. 

The company still seems to have a presence on IG, pic of her from 2016

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB19i0xrCSI/?igshid=zfry1u4z5bk3

• Like 4

5 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I was telling my hubby that she looks totally different to me!  I don’t know how to explain it. It’s like a different version of her or something. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

I was telling my hubby that she looks totally different to me!  I don’t know how to explain it. It’s like a different version of her or something. 

Courtney 2.0

• Laugh 7

Sometimes she looks older now and sometimes she looks younger. The dark hair is throwing me off also. I think she’s very pretty and she looks professional (until they force her into the ugly pajamas)

• Like 8

The debut of Meredith Laurence's kitchen line has finally been rescheduled - next Sunday, 3/14 from 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.. Here's the announcement from her newsletter:

Let's Try this Again!

A couple of months ago, I let you know that I was coming out with a line of new kitchen items under the Blue Jean Chef® brand. Then... the repercussions of the pandemic hit and we had to postpone the launch. Well, guess what... we're back up and ready to go and it's all happening NEXT weekend! 

This week, I'll start to post more information about the Blue Jean Chef® line so you can learn more about what is coming. You can start by checking out the new BJC knives that you've seen me use in recipes and in cooking classes, or the new BJC sheet pan bakeware set that I used this week to create my Honey Baked Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner recipe. There's more to come! What you can check out now will be available to order next Sunday, so mark the date.

This line of products focuses on core equipment that every home cook will find helpful and essential in their kitchen, and behind every product design is my aim of helping you become comfortable, confident and successful in all your cooking adventures. Because... it's your success that matters most to me.

So, join me on QVC® NEXT SUNDAY, March 14th at 10am for a full hour of Blue Jean Chef. I SO look forward to showing these products to you, demonstrating how you can get the most out of each item.

(Oh - and don't forget the clocks go forward that day!!)

See you really soon!

• Like 7
  • Useful 3

So disappointing that Meredith has that one hour show scheduled with Carolyn! (Although I assume she'll appear on other shows.)

Caro steam rolls, talks over and upstages her guests.  I hope that Meredith is up to the challenge. 

And when did Caro get designated as some cooking and kitchen guru?  Domestic Goddess she is not.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Thank you, @Coffeecup, for the pictures and links!  Yes, her name is Suarti.  Just delightful.  I hope she is well.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

So disappointing that Meredith has that one hour show scheduled with Carolyn! (Although I assume she'll appear on other shows.)

Caro steam rolls, talks over and upstages her guests.  I hope that Meredith is up to the challenge. 

And when did Caro get designated as some cooking and kitchen guru?  Domestic Goddess she is not.

Kind of like Mary D, another non-domestic goddess anointed as a kitchen guru. Although at least Mary is more pleasant than Bossypants.

Maybe Caro will bring Nutsy and they'll be twinning in matching too short, too tight denim jackets in honor of the Blue Jean Chef.

Edited by Booney
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Caro beats Mary D (back in the good old days) because she could eat everything, and I mean EAT EVERYTHING. I remember a Farmer John’s popcorn demo where her hand was moving so fast between the popcorn bowl and her cakehole I thought the video had been speeded up. 

Edited by Burly
  • Laugh 13
  • Surprise 1

Amy wearing three different Logo tops. Look up “ragamuffin” in the dictionary, and this is the picture you’ll find.

40A58077-01B3-4810-B39C-4EBC7B5A442C.thumb.jpeg.27e1b7d9bcfeb2798ad1a5c17457d380.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 11

11 minutes ago, Booney said:

Amy wearing three different Logo tops. Look up “ragamuffin” in the dictionary, and this is the picture you’ll find.

40A58077-01B3-4810-B39C-4EBC7B5A442C.thumb.jpeg.27e1b7d9bcfeb2798ad1a5c17457d380.jpeg

or trying to warm the chills fromj Covid (just kidding) but, man, alot of shirts

• Laugh 2

She looks like she got attacked by a drapery display.

• Laugh 15

29 minutes ago, Boston said:

or trying to warm the chills fromj Covid (just kidding) but, man, alot of shirts

It’s god awful, but at least she didn’t knot it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 7

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.