Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

7 hours ago, hummingbird said:

I think if you enter a contest to sell your clothing line, it was not going anywhere in reg retail and you sign yourself to the Big Guy (looking at you Faust)

It's not related to a contest, but I think the Tolani line of clothing is exclusive to QVC now. Every host introduces Tolani shows by saying her expensive line of silk clothing is sold in high end department stores. That used to be true, but not any more. I checked the websites of several stores such as Bloomingdale's, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, etc., and they either have no Tolani silk items at all, or just a couple on clearance sale. Tolani still sells silk items from her own website, but even those are on clearance sale. I think she's given up on silk and is only selling the cheaper fabrics now.

Good point about Faust! Beware, QVC vendors. You think you're going to have great success with Q, but you may have to pay for it later.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

The Fashion Polls are open!

It's that time of year - we have another six months of horrible fashion for you to view and vote on! You'll have five days to vote; polls close at Noon on Sunday the 11th.

You'll find the polls in the Shopping Channels forum main menu listed as follows: 

The Worst SCS Fashions - January to June 2021: Part 1, and

The Worst SCS Fashions - January to June 2021: Part 2

I''m not sure why some of the pics came out so huge, at least on my PC from which I post the polls. I haven't checked out how they look on my tablet but will do so. FYI - some are panels - one, two or three pics melded together. Hopefully everyone can see all the pics!

There are twelve categories in total this time around, split over two polls:

Part 1:

1. Caro's Fashion Hall of Shame (because what's a fashion poll without a Carolyn category?)

2. Shawn's Very, Very, Very Bad Hair Day (which is pretty much every day)

3. No! No! LOGO (Lori continues to defy the natural laws of the universe with her bizarre outfits)

4. The Stylist Made Me Wear It (Why I Hate Angelo) (models and hosts subjected to someone else's notion of good fashion)

5. What Not to Wear: Worst Individual Fashion Item (you'll have a hard time choosing in this category - there are some truly awful nominees)

6. Favorites: Fashion Designers/Presenters We Like (a carryover category from the last poll with a new slate of nominees)

Part 2:

1. Model Feet: The Many Poses of Carolyn Gracie (our gal loves to strut her stuff)

2. A Poo-pourri of Bad Looks (a mishmosh of WTFs?)

3. It's a Blab, Blab, Blab, Blab World! (like the Carolyn category, a Blabby category always make it into the polls)

4. Shawnie Sue's Dare to Wear (and this woman is the Q's fashion maven?)

5. Poor Jacqui! (no model gets stuffed into unflaterring get-ups quite like our Jacqui)

6. Mirror, Mirror on the Wall - Who's the Worst Dresser of them All? (it's time for a head-to-head cage match of the worst dressed hosts; the big three of course - Carolyn, Jane and Shawn - and a couple of other contenders, just for good measure!)

Have a good laugh, friends, as you walk down memory lane of the past six months of fashion, Shopping Channel style!

• Like 20

5 minutes ago, Booney said:

The Fashion Polls are open!

It's that time of year - we have another six months of horrible fashion for you to view and vote on! You'll have five days to vote; polls close at Noon on Sunday the 11th.

You'll find the polls in the Shopping Channels forum main menu listed as follows: 

The Worst SCS Fashions - January to June 2021: Part 1, and

The Worst SCS Fashions - January to June 2021: Part 2

I''m not sure why some of the pics came out so huge, at least on my PC from which I post the polls. I haven't checked out how they look on my tablet but will do so. FYI - some are panels - one, two or three pics melded together. Hopefully everyone can see all the pics!

There are twelve categories in total this time around, split over two polls:

Part 1:

1. Caro's Fashion Hall of Shame (because what's a fashion poll without a Carolyn category?)

2. Shawn's Very, Very, Very Bad Hair Day (which is pretty much every day)

3. No! No! LOGO (Lori continues to defy the natural laws of the universe with her bizarre outfits)

4. The Stylist Made Me Wear It (Why I Hate Angelo) (models and hosts subjected to someone else's notion of good fashion)

5. What Not to Wear: Worst Individual Fashion Item (you'll have a hard time choosing in this category - there are some truly awful nominees)

6. Favorites: Fashion Designers/Presenters We Like (a carryover category from the last poll with a new slate of nominees)

Part 2:

1. Model Feet: The Many Poses of Carolyn Gracie (our gal loves to strut her stuff)

2. A Poo-pourri of Bad Looks (a mishmosh of WTFs?)

3. It's a Blab, Blab, Blab, Blab World! (like the Carolyn category, a Blabby category always make it into the polls)

4. Shawnie Sue's Dare to Wear (and this woman is the Q's fashion maven?)

5. Poor Jacqui! (no model gets stuffed into unflaterring get-ups quite like our Jacqui)

6. Mirror, Mirror on the Wall - Who's the Worst Dresser of them All? (it's time for a head-to-head cage match of the worst dressed hosts; the big three of course - Carolyn, Jane and Shawn - and a couple of other contenders, just for good measure!)

Have a good laugh, friends, as you walk down memory lane of the past six months of fashion, Shopping Channel style!

Thank you for doing this!  It was eye opening, as always, to see so many horrible looks staring at you in one place!

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

@booney these pictures are doubly worse being so big

can you imagine just cruising the web and stumbling on them

That’s funny, hbird! It’s the drive-in movie version of the polls. 

Not sure why some pics are showing up that big. I linked the pics from the same photo saving service I always use. Oh well, it doubles the fun...and the horror!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Picture Size in Fashion Poll

If you have a touch screen device, you can pinch any of the huge photos in the polls to shrink them on your screen to be able to see the whole pic. Some of them are a panel of two or more photos, and only one or two pics of the panel is showing in the current size. For example, in “Mirror, Mirror on the Wall,” here’s one of the nominee pics:

991CB5EA-38F6-433F-8B33-66C70CEA538F.thumb.jpeg.eaf497ef5d13e3858073e927199ce2d3.jpeg

If you “pinch” the pic from corner to corner on your touchscreen device, you can see the whole thing, all three pics of the panel. One pinch should shrink all the pics in that poll so you can see them better.

Hope this aids your viewing pleasure!

Sorry, I don’t have a fix for a non-touch screen device!

Edited by Booney
  • Useful 2

I can't get past Shawn's hair photos.  It's so hard to choose just one!  

• Like 3
  • Laugh 11

Brilliant job (as always), @Booney -- so hard to choose, everything is so deliciously hideous!

• Like 9
  • Laugh 4

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

she could be making more money with the Q as well, 

Her stuff looks like folk dancing schmatta 

• Laugh 6

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

watching the hosts pulling and playing with caramels does not entice me to buy, neither does the product rep sniffing them

yuck

Breezies would be worse

• Laugh 4

@Booney hee-larry-us! You are beyond insane!

Sadly, some of those pics fall into the what-not-to-wear column. For me.

I’m either a Christmas tree or eggplant over pear shape. Can’t decide. 

So far, inclusive sizing doesn’t come in a cone shape.

• Laugh 7

REALLY don't need to see Mally in a crop-top. She's so tacky.

• Like 4
  • Surprise 5

21 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

She is often paired with a frumpier, earthier "host," someone who makes her seem like a wiser and prettier authority.

LOL Let's see which host wants to do the next Tova show now! Frumpy or Earthy?  

8 hours ago, Neiman said:

I can't get past Shawn's hair photos.  It's so hard to choose just one!  

It was hard for me to pick just one also. Pebbles? Tuna Can? Blow out by Dyson? 

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Laugh 10

19 hours ago, Thumper said:

I have neck strings and I could sure stand to lose 15 pounds (or more to be Jenn-thin, but’s that’s unrealistic for me!).   Until I got them, I thought only thin people had neck strings.  Weird.

Here is an answer...seems like most people get issues..

https://www.livestrong.com/article/402630-exercises-to-improve-platysmal-muscle-banding/

This from a plastic surgeon:

https://www.drtorkian.com/blog/what-causes-platysma-bands/

Edited by artisto
  • Useful 5

22 hours ago, Thumper said:

I have neck strings and I could sure stand to lose 15 pounds (or more to be Jenn-thin, but’s that’s unrealistic for me!).   Until I got them, I thought only thin people had neck strings.  Weird.

I think it's in your genes🤷🏼‍♀️I wish I had them. I associate them with being thin.

Edited by Elle820
  • Like 3

Susan said she gives her Corgi a treat because doggeh is so excited to be on air and she has to calm her down.

Naw, she knows people like to see her dog so she's giving her treats to keep her there, even if the graphics are covering her up.

Edit:  Appears to be naptime now.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 12

5 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Nutsie at 7 am 

can I take it

side bar:

Lock and Lock selling their version of the washable baskets that MCM sold 

different shape 

Lock N Lock has had these baskets for a few years - I know because I bought a set of oval ones maybe three to four years ago.  If anything, MCM copied Lock N lock, unless MCM had them before then?

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Useful 5

I think the OAP is taking sales too far.  She's standing knee deep in some body of water to proove LNL's are water tight?

1490848948_Screenshot2021-07-076_09_45PM.thumb.png.4a4a6c59bb689562111ed7597b5a1f33.png2000649650_Screenshot2021-07-076_12_07PM.thumb.png.2af96a361a4af800301cc0e126b4e280.png

• Laugh 4
  • Surprise 4

What is she holding onto?

At first I thought, is she fishing? Is she walking her dog? Is she holding a life line?

🤔

• Laugh 7

33 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

What is she holding onto?

At first I thought, is she fishing? Is she walking her dog? Is she holding a life line?

🤔

I think it might be her dog Minnie, who by the way is really cute.

• Like 6

She's walking her dog. I was able to get the dog in this pic.

20210707_190419.thumb.jpg.9be1fad2977e4bf5f26c7237b19e7b70.jpg

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

She's walking her dog. I was able to get the dog in this pic.

20210707_190419.thumb.jpg.9be1fad2977e4bf5f26c7237b19e7b70.jpg

Minnie is probably still looking for Brood X cicadas to eat.

Alas, that's over.

• Laugh 4

Thank you for filling me in. First glance really did look like fishing to me. And in a blink, I thought, is she using the TSV as a creel? Lol

• Laugh 7

It is odd, but it made me think of the lakes in northern WI and MN!  Very down home!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Blabby filling in on ITKWD tonight. She looks nice, wardrobe wise. But we should play a drinking game every time she says "hun-nee". We'll be on the floor in no time. 

• Laugh 10

48 minutes ago, lazyfaire said:

DCD1E7B0-5FDC-4D40-A9AA-901A99022A0C.jpeg.cf40a9aea21c708c6ac8387d65e67a13.jpeg

Is it too late to enter this to the worst scs fashion poll @Booney?

Too late for this one, lol, but I've already saved it in my "Fashion Poll - July to December 2021" photo file!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 7

48 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

Thank you for filling me in. First glance really did look like fishing to me. And in a blink, I thought, is she using the TSV as a creel? Lol

It would keep your fish fresh! 😄

• Laugh 5

I went to peek at Jane for one, blabby moment. I wasn’t there for more than 14 seconds. And this is what struck me…

E2720695-AE25-4454-A67D-B7A0F1517125.jpeg.ab8c9a5983aff40db89412f9e89013be.jpegEA93CA8B-6E95-444E-AC97-8078CF315662.jpeg.e5ad01305f67b0d8cb0c5f67b9307098.jpeg8F2E70E4-9A1A-4644-93F5-A24831DC0FEF.jpeg.237f708a42cb67764b1d01c794fc681a.jpeg

She speeds through this animated state, shows interest, preparation, enthusiasm and so on. I think what gets me is that she has one speed. No gears, no downshift, definitely no idling. I would just love a little modulation. I need some variation of tone and pitch. Watching her is motivating but it’s over-stimulation on 5 Easy Pays, every day.

Gotta admire her vitality…but I’m tired.

AD9E6485-26D7-4890-9D7C-0A66C251EDB0.jpeg

It’s a full court press, all day.

Edited by From Where I Sit · Reason: ETA a “t” for the word tone
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 8

image.png.8f2d4feadf6c192d4af3c35fb38c1eac.png

image.png.3c978ffc52f3237790cc458100b21b60.png

She looks like the 1955 version of Betty Crocker.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 15

Good Lord, Blabbly is absolutely exhausting.  @From Where I Sit, you are correct.  She only has one speed and it's full throttle from the get-go.  Her presentational style certainly doesn't entice me to purchase anything.

• Like 11

MERRY CIJ!!!!!!! To the tune of Jingle Bells 🎶 Blab blab blab, blab blab blab, blab blab blab blab BLAB 🎶

20210707_222707.jpg.42e4b7153c18f3dd663b4c2bc74244bb.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 15
  • Surprise 1

7 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

I went to peek at Jane for one, blabby moment. I wasn’t there for more than 14 seconds. And this is what struck me…

E2720695-AE25-4454-A67D-B7A0F1517125.jpeg.ab8c9a5983aff40db89412f9e89013be.jpegEA93CA8B-6E95-444E-AC97-8078CF315662.jpeg.e5ad01305f67b0d8cb0c5f67b9307098.jpeg8F2E70E4-9A1A-4644-93F5-A24831DC0FEF.jpeg.237f708a42cb67764b1d01c794fc681a.jpeg

She speeds through this animated state, shows interest, preparation, enthusiasm and so on. I think what gets me is that she has one speed. No gears, no downshift, definitely no idling. I would just love a little modulation. I need some variation of tone and pitch. Watching her is motivating but it’s over-stimulation on 5 Easy Pays, every day.

Gotta admire her vitality…but I’m tired.

AD9E6485-26D7-4890-9D7C-0A66C251EDB0.jpeg

It’s a full court press, all day.

Do something about the hair. We know you can.

• Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

2 hours ago, Shaking My Head said:

Do something about the hair. We know you can.

Yeah, but then she’d have to actually DO SOMETHING. Not cool for a self affirmed slob.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

9 hours ago, Dottie D said:

Good Lord, Blabbly is absolutely exhausting.  @From Where I Sit, you are correct.  She only has one speed and it's full throttle from the get-go.  Her presentational style certainly doesn't entice me to purchase anything.

ITA

A Thanksgiving Day parade balloon comes to mind…uncontrollable when fully inflated with gassy hot air.

• Laugh 13

3 hours ago, BenchWarmer said:

Yeah, but then she’d have to actually DO SOMETHING. Not cool for a self affirmed slob.

Has Jane said she is a slob?  Do tell!  I don’t watch her much and listen even less. 😁

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

I think Jane says more in one sentence than I do in an entire day.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 16

15 hours ago, Benji said:

Blabby filling in on ITKWD tonight. She looks nice, wardrobe wise. But we should play a drinking game every time she says "hun-nee". We'll be on the floor in no time. 

Shots probably wouldn't be a good idea.

(Although if it was shots of water someone would likely be well-hydrated when it was all over.)

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

3 hours ago, Friday said:

I think Jane says more in one sentence than I do in an entire day.

but @Friday I'm willing to bet you make a lot more sense!! :)

• Like 4
  • Laugh 6

I watched a pleasant Logo show on Q2 with Elise and Lori’s fill-in, George.  He is funny and does a great job describing the garments!  They were very good together.

• Like 8

On 7/7/2021 at 9:45 PM, LeeDenny said:

image.png.8f2d4feadf6c192d4af3c35fb38c1eac.png

image.png.3c978ffc52f3237790cc458100b21b60.png

She looks like the 1955 version of Betty Crocker.

only difference is that Blabby is old, fat and really ugly

Edited by phonybaloney

It’s time for another Throwback Thursday! Very timely since we have our current fashion poll going on. On Throwback Thursday, I share a few nominees from past fashion polls.

It’s been so interesting going through the old photos. I’ve been doing these polls since 2017. In four years, nothing has really changed! The fashion sense of the some of the hosts, as well as much of the clothing, and the stylings on the models were awful then and they’re just as awful now. Another thing that struck me...the three hosts - Caro, Blabby and Shawn - who, between them, probably have the most fashion hours in the schedule, are the worst dressers with no fashion sense whatsoever! This makes no sense, but it’s QVC we’re talking about, lol. 

Anyway, enjoy this week’s Throwback Thursday!

98EFEEBB-6059-48D4-A876-C7847A85EFBE.thumb.jpeg.1ec26035b19f5170d4431c3c7b49bd0b.jpeg

9F6EF88E-6D4F-46B4-91D7-1D1C64C38E2D.thumb.jpeg.7b430001f7f85b3ebf713c2b8670927d.jpeg

8CE297FD-5829-4BFA-BCD6-C957183ECE4F.thumb.jpeg.19f5ce7a3d04cb266794aafd8efd8155.jpeg

85F99DC7-79A6-4842-9F53-1EF7621B1D11.thumb.jpeg.e62f9445d23d4c6e5d533aad63ac4c9e.jpeg

41754342-4F2E-4E35-9F9B-DBE30B253677.thumb.jpeg.4cca1c91fefd2f031eb145850af15ab9.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 11
  • Surprise 6
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, phonybaloney said:

on difference is that Blabby is old, fat and really ugly

And if I saw her on the streets...  I would swear she was a "Tweeker" ! ! !

What do they give some of them before they go on the air?

Why do none of the HSN hosts act like these "Tweekers"?

Edited by JT57

Mary Beth must be perplexed about Italian Mama Mancini's selling "dumplings."   She's going to get her exotic foods confused. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 13

M-76486, the Rastelli's Filet Mignon Beef Wellington.  Of course, they're saying it's "New" but they've sold it before.

Both MBR and Rachel were chewing for quite a while on the first try.  Not that there is anything wrong with chewing your food thoroughly, but that does not give me a positive impression of the product no matter how much they praise it to the skies (read: the meat is tough).  And as the presentation went on they really went into a hard sell as they quit taking bites.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 5

I have no words. A conglomeration of hot messes…emphasis on the “mess”es. 
These are national tv personalities, supposedly selling fashion, glamour, style. Now, in recent months, let’s add stupid, ridiculous, juvenile antics to the mix. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

I have no words. A conglomeration of hot messes…emphasis on the “mess”es. 
These are national tv personalities, supposedly selling fashion, glamour, style. Now, in recent months, let’s add stupid, ridiculous, juvenile antics to the mix. 🤦‍♀️

You say “national tv personalities,” I say “salesclerks at Express at your local mall on a random Tuesday night, desperate to make a sale.” Only on TV. ;)

• Like 4
  • Laugh 13

Oh my God the voice on that insufferable Rachel Boesing is like the siren on a fire truck...😳😫😱

And I love how she’s one of those that couldn’t be bothered to dress for Christmas in July....she’s wearing a short sleeve striped pink T-shirt 🤪

I admit I have issues with most of the hosts especially Carolyn and Blabby (it’s funny that those two bother me more than Shawnie and pubic bone because I feel like Carolyn and Blabby are nasty and mean spirited while the other two are just dumb and dumber and totally self-absorbed but Carolyn and Blabby know exactly what they are doing).... 

the only one I can truly stomach is Pat and I also throw in Katrina.... but that’s it

I never realized how much Rachel bothers me until I was subjected to her this afternoon....ugh

ok, she’s gone now 😃

• Like 11
  • Laugh 3

Thank you @Booney for all your excellent hard work on the (bad)fashion polls and the Thursday trips down memory lane. You have given us all some good laughs! It really is astounding to see the hosts being willing to look like they dressed in the dark when they know they are being seen by millions.  Obviously, sometimes they must take one for the team and wear clothes that they are trying to sell. However, I'm not buying if it looks awful on the hosts or models and I wonder who does purchase when they see poor Pam poured into a pair of too tight jeans and a midriff hugging knit top. All that aside, I rarely buy any clothes because the prices are ridiculous. I can get much better bargains at my local mall.

• Like 12

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.