Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Sorry to say…

The My Saint My Hero rep is Tony Robbins in a dress.

Blabby “I get chills” Blabathon is in rapture selling simulated $49 miracle pearls.

The rep appears to be rolling in big bucks showered from heavenly royalties.

Have praying babushka ladies been replaced by off-shore bead stringers?

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Dinah said:

I guess what gnashes my teeth is that Jill does not have any credentials to tout herself as a lifestyle expert.  Furthermore, I get a bit annoyed at how she like so many other former hosts who leave, do so proudly only to return to the Q in some other capacity and/or sell from their home sofas.

Sometimes I wonder if somewhere buried deep in the so happy you are back nonsense is a fat lawsuit settlement. 

“I’m leaving to spend more time with my family/dog/mother-in-law/best friend’s husband” is a bunch of crap.  We know that they know that we know they got the cardboard box express tour out the back door right after making their goodbye video.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 8

Oh dear, Mama Gendel needed to size up this morning during AM Style. The dress is skin tight, and the low-slung belt is an odd choice with that dress. From the side, it looks like she’s packing ammo in that belt. Also in the side view, she’s got “double bubble trouble” going on. Wait - aren’t Breezies bras supposed to prevent that? 😊

76FD99EB-F777-4E3C-AAEB-79512387A4A8.thumb.jpeg.1d6ce88cdd646e403c9ea91e88fecf4e.jpeg

9F98D8D0-4364-4025-A4D5-6FFE7694FCEB.thumb.jpeg.de7bea6187a4c078df67e5540a5744bf.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 12

She looks like a "before" in that dress/bra combo.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 13
  • Sad 1

Epic fail ! If her undergarment is supposed to represent what her product can do for your figure, save your $$$.

• Like 13

She wear as xxs like another host does.

Size up Mama G.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Dan Wheeler and the Pot Sticker lady…perfect match 💖💖

He’s just tall enough…she’s just plain enough. 
Gourmet Romance, on Q!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 13

40 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Dan Wheeler and the Pot Sticker lady…perfect match 💖💖

He’s just tall enough…she’s just plain enough. 
Gourmet Romance, on Q!

I thought I noticed a "vibe" between them too. What will their corny couple mash-up name be? Dot Whicker? Pan Steeler?

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 9

Yeah, he sure loved his wife.  I’d be happy for him to meet someone.

• Like 8

Watched a bit of Kim G and Courtney. They really do work well together and I can see the appeal. They have such a great rapport and you feel like you are friends with them.

Now my snarky comment is that as lovely as Courtney looks, her eyebrows have a life of their own and someone needs to guide her.

• Like 9

On 7/1/2021 at 9:16 PM, LeeDenny said:

It's ridiculous how shitty most of the OAPs set-ups are.

I caught a couple minutes of Dennis Basso the other night with BCB (The Szish List), and his already giant head, was even larger because it looked like he was sitting 6 inches away from the camera.  The picture and sound were horrific.  Hate, hate these remote presentations.

• Like 6

On 7/2/2021 at 3:01 PM, Kamerakrazy said:

I am probably missing some good deals/products because I cant stand to watch the OAP !!! will not watch Wen, Beekman, the brothers, wiggle giggle, lori logo, breezie bunch, and JAI guy. am i awful???  probably others too.     just let me watch an educated Q host.    i suppose this is saving me money LOL

I am with you 100% about Wen, Beekmans, sheet-selling twins (with or without Jill), Wiggle Jiggle, Loco Lori, sleazy Gendels. Can’t remember Jai guy so I guess I can’t stand him either. Also Always-pregnant always-bragging Clark's rep, Pubic Bone, color-tapping caricature David Venable, breathless IT originator Jamie and her skin-tight dresses (I know she sold her company for a million billion dollars and is not on anymore but I couldn’t stand her when she was), braying Dennis Basso … the list goes on and on. And of course, mostly and most definitely, I cannot stand Shawn Killinger. Don’t like Susan Graver because she never ever ever shuts up and also she keeps saying that fabric of hers is “literally a liquid,” which is impossible and idiotic. I like Susan Graver's dogs. And Leah. I like Leah except when she cackles. 😊

• Like 13
  • Laugh 8

Ohhhh…@Kathcart, that was fun. You illustrated a spot on, hilarious, 360 degree sweep of the true Q. Truthful, funny commentary that makes a person laugh-out-loud, late on a Saturday night (well, Sunday morning). 

Do you take requests? For more observations of different Q angles? ☺️

• Like 8
  • Laugh 2

9 hours ago, Kathcart said:

I am with you 100% about Wen, Beekmans, sheet-selling twins (with or without Jill), Wiggle Jiggle, Loco Lori, sleazy Gendels. Can’t remember Jai guy so I guess I can’t stand him either. Also Always-pregnant always-bragging Clark's rep, Pubic Bone, color-tapping caricature David Venable, breathless IT originator Jamie and her skin-tight dresses (I know she sold her company for a million billion dollars and is not on anymore but I couldn’t stand her when she was), braying Dennis Basso … the list goes on and on. And of course, mostly and most definitely, I cannot stand Shawn Killinger. Don’t like Susan Graver because she never ever ever shuts up and also she keeps saying that fabric of hers is “literally a liquid,” which is impossible and idiotic. I like Susan Graver's dogs. And Leah. I like Leah except when she cackles. 😊

@Kathcart, no wonder we rarely see you post here anymore! You’re not watching.  😢.  You had some of the funniest commentary during the TWoP days!  “Lydd Burphy” (Lynn Murphy, HSN) always comes to mind. 😂

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

1 hour ago, Burly said:

8-CDAFEC5-1-D94-4209-A941-F6-F203469-E0-290-FAF1-E-36-E2-4677-A404-3-A8236691-D3

I can’t see the shoes but this is best looking I’ve seen Caro in a while (which isn’t saying much). That busy pattern camouflages. But her shirt is kind of ugly. 

• Like 7

I noticed that Caro was using her talk radio voice this morning for most of this morning's D&C presentation, but morphed into her baby talk voice towards the end.  Both very unpleasant.

Being on vacation hasn't stopped Diva from posting to his IG and Facebook accounts.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I can’t see the shoes but this is best looking I’ve seen Caro in a while (which isn’t saying much). That busy pattern camouflages. But her shirt is kind of ugly. 

But she has a, excuse the expression, lard ass. 

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

4 hours ago, Burly said:

8-CDAFEC5-1-D94-4209-A941-F6-F203469-E0-290-FAF1-E-36-E2-4677-A404-3-A8236691-D3

What, no squirrels with bitty flags in their tiny paws?

• Laugh 10

When does Tina retire her Miss Pillsbury 2012 crown?  That is really getting old. 

I would ask them at Q to stop with that introduction. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

When does Tina retire her Miss Pillsbury 2012 crown?  That is really getting old. 

They have to justify why on earth they hired someone with that horrendous voice?

• Like 6
  • Laugh 6

I struggle with the concept of a crustless quiche. Firstly because the crust is the best bit, and secondly because a crustless quiche is surely a Spanish tortilla (or an Italian frittata). Given Q’s love of fancying things up by making them seem European I’m surprised they haven’t caught on to this. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I would ask them at Q to stop with that introduction. 

They've got her using a headset now, a la the Vitamix presentations.  Guess they finally figured out the blender noise was a problem when it came to the microphone.

32 minutes ago, Burly said:

I struggle with the concept of a crustless quiche. Firstly because the crust is the best bit, and secondly because a crustless quiche is surely a Spanish tortilla (or an Italian frittata). Given Q’s love of fancying things up by making them seem European I’m surprised they haven’t caught on to this. 

They've become popular the last few years because of low-carb and keto diets, and some brands are gluten-free (the Oak Stove ones that Q sells are gluten-friendly, so the food doesn't have any gluten in it but is being made in a place where cross-contamination with products that do have it may happen).

I think for marketing purposes these you-can-toss-them-in-the-microwave products, which have also been marketed as egg bites, get called crustless quiche because quiche is a better-known term, although I occasionally have seen them marketed as frittatas.  Never have seen them called Spanish tortillas or omelets.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4

31 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

They've got her using a headset now, a la the Vitamix presentations.  Guess they finally figured out the blender noise was a problem when it came to the microphone.

They've become popular the last few years because of low-carb and keto diets, and some brands are gluten-free (the Oak Stove ones that Q sells are gluten-friendly, so the food doesn't have any gluten in it but is being made in a place where cross-contamination with products that do have it may happen).

I think for marketing purposes these you-can-toss-them-in-the-microwave products, which have also been marketed as egg bites, get called crustless quiche because quiche is a better-known term, although I occasionally have seen them marketed as frittatas.  Never have seen them called Spanish tortillas or omelets.

Surprised Kirsten isn’t into them! 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

24 minutes ago, Burly said:

Do you think she’d let an 80 calorie egg pass her lips? *gasp*

• Laugh 12

I thought Mary D could not eat wheat gluten.  Why is she eating the Junior's cheesecake?  According to their nutritional information, they contain wheat.  This is not very good advertising.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 5

On 7/3/2021 at 8:11 AM, Booney said:

Oh dear, Mama Gendel needed to size up this morning during AM Style. The dress is skin tight, and the low-slung belt is an odd choice with that dress. From the side, it looks like she’s packing ammo in that belt. Also in the side view, she’s got “double bubble trouble” going on. Wait - aren’t Breezies bras supposed to prevent that? 😊

76FD99EB-F777-4E3C-AAEB-79512387A4A8.thumb.jpeg.1d6ce88cdd646e403c9ea91e88fecf4e.jpeg

9F98D8D0-4364-4025-A4D5-6FFE7694FCEB.thumb.jpeg.de7bea6187a4c078df67e5540a5744bf.jpeg

Momma G belongs in her own special category:  OAPs who destroyed their brand by wearing their own product. This gives me zero confidence in Breezies.

On a side note, I have purchased exactly 1 Breezies product, a t shirt bra that was the oddest fit ever.  Nothing I could do to adjust would make it fit right.  Every time I reached up the bra would ride up and I would have to continually pull it down.  Should have returned it as defective (meaning it's a POS fit).

• Like 7
  • Laugh 2

18 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I thought Mary D could not eat wheat gluten.  Why is she eating the Junior's cheesecake?  According to their nutritional information, they contain wheat.  This is not very good advertising.

We still haven’t had an explanation of her foray into pizza last year. Don’t hold your breath! 
Reminds me of being in Rome a few years ago and going out to lunch with my bestie (who was living there at the time) and some local friends he had made. One girl made a huge fuss about needing gluten free pasta at lunch which the restaurant dutifully obliged with but which delayed us massively. 
Two nights later we were wandering through the Trastevere and came across Miss Thing stuffing a shared pizza in her face with a group of other girls. I mean, they might all have been gluten free and it might have been a gluten free pizza but it really didn’t look like that sort of place. 

No disrespect to coeliacs and those with genuine allergies or but there’s a great deal of “posturing “ going on around food choices these days. I’m sure it’s not the case with Mary. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

It's an assortment and of the three, the lemon's ingredients include wheat flour.  She didn't try that one.  The presentation came near the end of the show.

Whether she's just gluten-sensitive or celiac, I don't know for certain.  Personally, I'd guess it's the former and when you're on a live TV show it's best not to push the envelope.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I LOVE that DCo flag shirt, which they have been showing endlessly.  However, I know it would NOT look good on me, despite their encouragement about the stars on each side being slimming.  Nope.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I LOVE that DCo flag shirt, which they have been showing endlessly.  However, I know it would NOT look good on me, despite their encouragement about the stars on each side being slimming.  Nope.

I like the blue and white. I don’t care for the high contrast versions though. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Kathcart said:

I laughed harder and harder with every line 🤣

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

5 hours ago, LeeDenny said:
5 hours ago, Burly said:

Do you think she’d let an 80 calorie egg pass her lips? *gasp*

Not to mention cheese and bacon. LOL - while they were selling those this morning, I was actually heating up some egg bites in the microwave - mine were a package of 6 for about $5.00. I kept looking at the TV screen and laughing.

4 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Why is she eating the Junior's cheesecake?  According to their nutritional information, they contain wheat.  This is not very good advertising.

I am thinking she is just eating the cheesecake part and not the crust, where the wheat is.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

I'm watching Vanessa Herring on Q2. She's very good. Someone better watch out or she may lose her beauty show to Vanessa.

And she has a beautiful, genuine smile that lights up her face. 

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 11

Jen Coffey is doing the Susan Graver show. I guess she was going for a patriotic red, white and blue outfit - and had to do it with Graver schmattas - but this combo is pretty awful.

980B1A8F-8EBC-4DB0-B483-FF3232AFF4FB.thumb.jpeg.6180e5148e8448972e991a978fd1f2b7.jpeg

She’s got some major neck strings going on tonight - reminiscent of a certain former host.

1975BC0D-4263-4C25-9DE6-587237B6EE0F.thumb.jpeg.3f898e551488414258c69a9e807263a0.jpeg

• Laugh 2
  • Surprise 10
  • Sad 2

Vanessa Herring is so good that it's scary. How is she a host for like 3 days and more polished than some that have been there for 13 yrs?! Has she been watching the Q since she was a baby? 🤔 Has she been a lurker on this board? 🤔 It's like she did her homework on what to do and what not to do. 

@Booney If Jen had 12 inches of lace or chiffon hanging somewhere with an asymmetrical pocket, it would pass for a LOGO "everything goes with everything" outfit.

• Like 15

Caro looked awful in that dress. She looked like a very pregnant sister wife.  And of course she had her entire catalog of Christie Brinkley model poses on display.   I bet she stands in front of a mirror and practices her moves. 

• Laugh 10

12 hours ago, Booney said:

Jen Coffey is doing the Susan Graver show. I guess she was going for a patriotic red, white and blue outfit - and had to do it with Graver schmattas - but this combo is pretty awful.

980B1A8F-8EBC-4DB0-B483-FF3232AFF4FB.thumb.jpeg.6180e5148e8448972e991a978fd1f2b7.jpeg

She’s got some major neck strings going on tonight - reminiscent of a certain former host.

1975BC0D-4263-4C25-9DE6-587237B6EE0F.thumb.jpeg.3f898e551488414258c69a9e807263a0.jpeg

She always has that neck thing going on. I wonder if that's the reason she exaggerates her mouth when she's talking.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

I missed Caro in the dress. I’ve see her in long skirts in the past and liked that compared to the crops. However, I’m not impressed with the TSV bubble hem dress. Maybe if it had a different hem, I’d like it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Ugh, four hours of Bossypants.  I couldn't watch that long but caught her saying "I was under the covers comforting my TEN DOGS who were scared of the fireworks"

I'd like to think that as a pet rescue mom Gracie is always solicitious of her animal charges but for some reason, especially after watching that ambiguous Cozy Corner Christmas video, I'm not 100 per cent certain Carolyn is any kind of super-duper, vigilant caretaker.  Hope I'm wrong in this assessment.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I actually thought that Caro looked OK in the TSV dress, except for the shoes - and the color of the dress. It was all wrong because she was one monotone blob. A color would have been better on her, but the dress did seem to fit better than D&C.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

Vanessa Herring is so good that it's scary. How is she a host for like 3 days and more polished than some that have been there for 13 yrs?! Has she been watching the Q since she was a baby? 🤔 Has she been a lurker on this board? 🤔 It's like she did her homework on what to do and what not to do.

If you've seen her website, she came to Q already knowing a lot about the beauty industry and beauty products.  She's said multiple times it's a passion of hers. 

I noticed when she first started solo hosting last month she was pretty much exclusively doing beauty shows, which likely helped build her confidence as she got used to selling stuff on live TV.  At first I thought they were going to pigeonhole her into the beauty shows, but over the next weeks they are going to increasingly give her shows in other categories.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

On 7/3/2021 at 10:48 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I caught a couple minutes of Dennis Basso the other night with BCB (The Szish List), and his already giant head, was even larger because it looked like he was sitting 6 inches away from the camera.  The picture and sound were horrific.  Hate, hate these remote presentations.

The presentation does suck.. (however, just my opinion).  I have a GORGEOUS Dennis Basso winter coat.  Now if i can fit in it next winter?  Stay tuned..

2 hours ago, Elle820 said:

She always has that neck thing going on. I wonder if that's the reason she exaggerates her mouth when she's talking.

I wish i had that neck-thing.. just kidding

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

1 hour ago, Bronx Babe said:

Ugh, four hours of Bossypants.  I couldn't watch that long but caught her saying "I was under the covers comforting my TEN DOGS who were scared of the fireworks"

I'd like to think that as a pet rescue mom Gracie is always solicitious of her animal charges but for some reason, especially after watching that ambiguous Cozy Corner Christmas video, I'm not 100 per cent certain Carolyn is any kind of super-duper, vigilant caretaker.  Hope I'm wrong in this assessment.

I have been RAINED in.. all weekend.. finally today it is beautiful (open all the windows - Massachusetts)  I missed Bossypants.  (we have a great neighbor cooking thing).  You have TEN DOGS???  I was scared of the fireworks myself

• Like 3

Ok.. i just got back from a beautiful walk.. and was flipping the channels.   I LOVE Katrina, however, she has on a frumpy dress.. HORRIBLE

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Elle820 said:

Lip fillers. My sister got them once and she couldn’t move her lips properly. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Surprise 2

2 hours ago, Boston said:

Ok.. i just got back from a beautiful walk.. and was flipping the channels.   I LOVE Katrina, however, she has on a frumpy dress.. HORRIBLE

Frumpy is right! Based on her expression in this screenshot, I think Katrina caught a glimpse of herself in the monitor.

2BC6FF01-6B4D-4703-BC6C-7FC9B85D1AC7.thumb.jpeg.60c7f82fb8deedac700787a78d79ea49.jpeg

Katrina’s Women With Control hour was a treasure trove of bad fashion. I haven’t even posted the Jan. to June poll yet (tomorrow hopefully!) and I’ve already got some nominees for the next one!

Another pinata dress! This was described as a “beach dress.” The good news? Since you’re already bringing it to the beach, it can double as a beach umbrella.

189139FB-64CA-4A81-A050-775E227DB444.thumb.jpeg.16576a773a6f00bb4b5fb0994304eb47.jpeg

And Pam should sue QVC for being forced to wear this dress (and with those sneakers - ack!). Note to stylists - do not put Pam in a sleeveless dress.

4C2E69EA-006D-4FFE-8DAA-CAD253F079FC.thumb.jpeg.a726159dde3ef4cf5e5be81b685584e5.jpeg

134FC4BE-84F7-4753-B34B-FF4126A3E052.thumb.jpeg.5dee028b07a9035341c124075cc7e4d0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 7
  • Sad 2

Why I never want to wear clothing that has the word “bubble” in its description. (Extreme “model feet” alert!)

C2EF6220-70B4-47CB-9F25-76EAF6154E48.thumb.jpeg.7d6391c7ba5910122bc5fc0ba2537a0a.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 11
  • Surprise 1

Who on earth thought it was a good idea to bring back a bubble hem?! 

Truth + (No) Style = truly hideous clothing.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 11

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.