Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

28 minutes ago, Friday said:

Reliving her "glory" days.  One sticky bun at a time.

LOL!  Exactly!  She seems to bask in the memories.

And Alberti is like the one drunk guy left in the audience, soaked in wine, eating it all up.

Jimmy, on the other hand, looks less than thrilled.  He just wants to sell his cinnamon bread.

Memory Lane is getting kind of worn out.  Time to pave it over.

• Like 13
  • Laugh 2

38 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

OL!  Exactly!  She seems to bask in the memories.

but she is keyed in to the sentimentality that is so often part of Q sales pitches

pass it down to your granddaughter, etc  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Has she no sense that might be an embarrassing story to her guest ? (The vendor.).    Let it go, Jane!   I don’t even watch food shows and I have heard this story several times here! 😁

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Booney said:

Yes, I think so. Judy Crowell is next to her, then Steve Colantuno, then Mary Beth and Mike Rowe. I don't know who the guy with the tan suit and beard is, the guy behind him with the red shirt, or the woman in black next to him. Behind them are John Eastman, Clarence Reynolds, Steve Bryant, Ellen Langas and Dan Hughes. I think the woman kneeling in front is vendor Leslie Sansone. 

Leslie Sasone; that would explain the track suits. I still have two of her dvds. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Leslie Sasone; that would explain the track suits. I still have two of her dvds. 

Her DVDs fill two shelves of one of my bookcases, and I still use them when it's too cold or wet to walk outside. They're a good workout!

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

7 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Didn't Jeanne of Quacker Factory wear braided headbands? 

I think Jeanne wore bandannas.  One time she explained why she always wore the headband.  It gave people a way to describe her.  "The lady in the headband" rather than "the fat lady".

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

30 minutes ago, Booney said:

Her DVDs fill two shelves of one of my bookcases, and I still use them when it's too cold or wet to walk outside. They're a good workout!

Wow.  She made a lot of exercise videos!

I'm all about walking for a workout, but usually on a treadmill.

Not interested in QVC's one note Charlie inner thigh strengthener, or the bare bones bike where I can't even prop up a magazine.

I remember seeing one of her videos in the past and she was motivational yet calm.

If they are @Booney and @LeeDenny approved, I'm going to check them out!

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Benji said:

The woman in black looks like Jacquie Gonzalez, but she wouldn't have been there that long ago. Where are Kathy Levine, Bob Bowersox and Steve Hewson ? And did Blabby not come until later ? 

I meant Jeff Hewson not Steve Hewson. The one that Judy married. I guess the ones I don't see never presented exercise items ? 

• Like 1

I like VPH’s pink blazer.  Nice change from basic button shirt and pants.

Was she selling some kind of an egg with a lamb’s head on it, though?! 

When you do the Sansone videos, do you ever turn off the sound?  I got tired of the same old phrases.  She is very positive and cheery, though.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Alas, I have a feeling she's going to keep this going as long as either one of them is at the Q, because she thinks it's an amusing anecdote.

the rest of us do not

• Like 7

On 2/10/2021 at 4:45 PM, Watcher25 said:

I was a huge Eastenders fan during the 80`s and the 90`s. When they would show them eating breakfast. It looked yummy, but I would end up back in bed when I was done 🙂

image.png.bb23b53e7ac6083fe10812c69ece9882.pngI bet Dot Cotten could whip up a heck of a fine breakfast. 

• Laugh 3

What is “TS?”   Not very flattering photos of any of them except Gabrielle.

Mary doing baby and beauty advice???  I am tired of this.  Just like Jill B. as some “expert” on the Today Show.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

When you do the Sansone videos, do you ever turn off the sound?  I got tired of the same old phrases.  She is very positive and cheery, though.

I don’t because I like Leslie’s upbeat style and I also like the music she uses. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

3 hours ago, Booney said:

I had a lot of them but I got rid of them when I moved. The two I kept have intervals using free weights. It's a good workout. You can make it as cardio as you want. I have to stream my computer to my tv to use them.

I think the first set I bought were VHS purchased on Q.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

3 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

That's probably the last time anyone physically saw Mike again!!

20210211_221524.thumb.jpg.0c8ff2e987a5532b4e6165b8c140cea1.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9

9 hours ago, Thumper said:

I like VPH’s pink blazer.  Nice change from basic button shirt and pants.

Was she selling some kind of an egg with a lamb’s head on it, though?! 

That lamb's head on the egg candlestick was strange. I can understand the chicken head on the egg, because that looks like your normal thing where a chick hatches. But a lamb's head? Not working for me.

I like Valerie's pink jacket too.

H225510 11" Carved Easter Candlestick Pedestal by Valerie

misc pics QVC Valerie Parr Hill candlestick lamb 2 2-11-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Valerie Parr Hill candlestick lamb 1 2-11-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Valerie Parr Hill candlestick lamb 5 collage 1 2-11-21.jpg

• Like 3
  • Surprise 2

Caro’s posing away during her Kim Gravel show. Not quite as hilarious as her poses the other day in Isaac’s show, but still funny. I think I have a new category for the next fashion poll - “Model Feet: The Many Poses of Carolyn Gracie.” The top looks good on her.

D2649689-C368-4211-A666-D0BF85148728.thumb.jpeg.f0001a8ad57271ab71d4c72004a905ae.jpeg

3F2F9ADF-808C-4DE1-AA42-E920FC1BF7EC.thumb.jpeg.140610fa93ac99354d8710581ad0dcde.jpeg

7D0F7851-F33E-4670-9988-73E854FD1231.thumb.jpeg.32293c7bd5de8baaa5ab234f155dc021.jpeg

245EEA9A-51E0-4C00-9D9D-5D037A5D36FB.thumb.jpeg.8b36443d70bb7a3a82eea2d0889a9d9f.jpeg

0C702797-3852-4EB0-82AD-C66788B63BAA.thumb.jpeg.29ae9ad5a5e916fb82139d2e55668c15.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Laugh 13

19 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

Some details are fuzzy, but IIRC, Jane left QVC when she was pregnant with Cah-rah, apparently never to return.  Perhaps she had visions of raising a second prima ballerina and needed to start at the seedling stage, coaching her while she was still warm in the womb. When she made her return, not sure if she was selling Philosophy (seems like the go-to product for true confessions and oversharing), but I recall her saying she was on her knees in the shower praying that she could get her job back, as (again, if IIRC) things were not going fruitfully with her husband's real estate career.  

Apparently a higher power was listening, or maybe a cardinal came by the bathroom window, because her wish came true.

And here we are (not sure how many years later), with Blabby a little less humble, a lot more made up, and blabbier than ever. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

20 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

Back when QVC pretended that employees were special and like family.  My, how times have changed...

Those bunnies were really cute, but were probably scared to death and couldn't care less that Caro got a full time tv gig.

They could have offered their well wishes when she got home.

60 pets??? 

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

33 minutes ago, Booney said:

245EEA9A-51E0-4C00-9D9D-5D037A5D36FB.thumb.jpeg.8b36443d70bb7a3a82eea2d0889a9d9f.jpeg

Carolyn does look fairly nice in these photos.....until she juts that hip out, turns to the side and shows us her bum!  Some things are best left to illusion!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Laugh 6
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Some details are fuzzy, but IIRC, Jane left QVC when she was pregnant with Cah-rah, apparently never to return.  Perhaps she had visions of raising a second prima ballerina and needed to start at the seedling stage, coaching her while she was still warm in the womb. When she made her return, not sure if she was selling Philosophy (seems like the go-to product for true confessions and oversharing), but I recall her saying she was on her knees in the shower praying that she could get her job back, as (again, if IIRC) things were not going fruitfully with her husband's real estate career.  

Apparently a higher power was listening, or maybe a cardinal came by the bathroom window, because her wish came true.

And here we are (not sure how many years later), with Blabby a little less humble, a lot more made up, and blabbier than ever. 

I really don't know Jane's history, but people here have said she left to go off on her own and sell her own jewelry line.  Apparently, she failed at that - for whatever reason - and came back to QVC.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

My recollection is Jane left to start her own online jewelry business..hubby was still at the q.  Her business never took off and alas she’s back.  Blabber than all wider than ever.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Rumor was she left because QVC fired or “let go” her husband, who worked for them?

Carolyn just said she ONLY wear Kim Gravelle pants when she is on air!  😲😲😲.  Or, that is all she keeps in her locker.  I wondered what all her Denim and Company followers think of that!  (I assume she wears the DC stuff when selling it.’ 

• Like 1
  • Surprise 7

Sandra hosting a garden show on Q2:

She seems genuinely interested in the products, but in real life, I cannot picture her puttering amongst the posies, at least not during daylight hours.

More like taste testing a new vintage of blood and adorning herself with a string of garlic bulbs.

She's wearing a wide-brimmed, full coverage hat, awkwardly pulled all the way down on her head, as if she's never worn one before.

*A beautiful flower (and Isaac's favorite), I hate hearing and saying the word "peony".  Pee-a-nee.  Blech.

• Laugh 4

Believe it or not, Sandra does garden.  She has long posted pictures of her efforts with her yard, garden and house plants, with reasonable results.

Quite frankly,  I find her to be a more legitimate gardener than Carolyn,  who seems like she would merely oversee the day laborers.  

• Like 5
  • Laugh 5

55 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Rumor was she left because QVC fired or “let go” her husband, who worked for them?

That was what I read at some point: she quit the Q in solidarity and decided she would sell silver jewelry on her own. But it didn’t pan out (evidently, talking nonstop when you’re not on TV doesn’t move jewelry units) and she went back and begged QVC for her job back. (Perhaps she threatened them with an endless filibuster until their ears bled, and they relented.)

Of course, I read that on the Internet, so it all must be true and accurate.😜

• Laugh 12

20 minutes ago, MisterShrug said:

That was what I read at some point: she quit the Q in solidarity and decided she would sell silver jewelry on her own. But it didn’t pan out (evidently, talking nonstop when you’re not on TV doesn’t move jewelry units) and she went back and begged QVC for her job back. (Perhaps she threatened them with an endless filibuster until their ears bled, and they relented.)

Of course, I read that on the Internet, so it all must be true and accurate.😜

Yes, I think you're right, at least from what I had read here.  I had forgotten that little detail about her husband!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Believe it or not, Sandra does garden.  She has long posted pictures of her efforts with her yard, garden and house plants, with reasonable results.

Quite frankly,  I find her to be a more legitimate gardener than Carolyn,  who seems like she would merely oversee the day laborers.  

She has also taken up pottery, and judging from the photos on social media , she is quite good at it. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

8 minutes ago, Lady J said:

She has also taken up pottery, and judging from the photos on social media , she is quite good at it. 

i saw those,i think Sandra is plotting her escape.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

Jane is really, really going overboard tonight trying to link herself to CoKo. "I'm her QVC Mom!" etc., over and over.

What I can't figure out is whether she is doing this because of, or in spite of, the rapidly increasing clues that QVC is setting up CoKo to take her place(s).

Tonight, CoKo got to do the "promo for the next very special episode of Fri-yay! during the current episode of Fri-yay!" bit that will air repeatedly for the next week. I could have sworn I heard a thud during that segment: sounded a lot like the other Lexi Marigold dropping...

• Like 4
  • Laugh 10

On 2/11/2021 at 7:35 PM, Thumper said:

What is “TS?”   Not very flattering photos of any of them except Gabrielle.

Mary doing baby and beauty advice???  I am tired of this.  Just like Jill B. as some “expert” on the Today Show.

Jill B. is a strong communicator and always the professional, but what credentials does she have as a "Homestyle Expert"?

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

5 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I really don't know Jane's history, but people here have said she left to go off on her own and sell her own jewelry line.  Apparently, she failed at that - for whatever reason - and came back to QVC.

Kathy Levin left to sell her own line of jewelry--and clothing I think.  I think Jane left to raise her girls.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CalicoKitty said:

Kathy Levin left to sell her own line of jewelry--and clothing I think.  I think Jane left to raise her girls.

How long was Jane gone? I didn't think it was more than a year or two, max.

• Like 1

I remember JRT'S jewelry line and checking out her sad website of chintzy silver jewelry. Very disappointing and short lived. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

How long was Jane gone? I didn't think it was more than a year or two, max.

It wasn't very long.  I thought it seemed like an extended maternity leave, but I could be wrong.  I remember Bob Bowersox telling another host that Jane was back that day, and he seemed very happy that she was back.  I wonder where Kathy Levine ended up?  Now that I think about it, she didn't look real great when she returned.  Maybe she had been ill.

Edited by CalicoKitty · Reason: to add more info

1 hour ago, MisterShrug said:

Jane is really, really going overboard tonight trying to link herself to CoKo. "I'm her QVC Mom!" etc., over and over.

What I can't figure out is whether she is doing this because of, or in spite of, the rapidly increasing clues that QVC is setting up CoKo to take her place(s).

Tonight, CoKo got to do the "promo for the next very special episode of Fri-yay! during the current episode of Fri-yay!" bit that will air repeatedly for the next week. I could have sworn I heard a thud during that segment: sounded a lot like the other Lexi Marigold dropping...

Some of these women need to stop. You don't see Sandra or Rachel or Leah trying to act like they are young cool chicks. It's embarrassing and pathetic.

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 8

Courtney and Jane at the close of the philosophy show. Why does QVC have to show the hosts with wine all the time?

And why is Jane the only one holding the glass correctly?

misc pics QVC Courtney Khondabi with Jane Treacy and wine Philosophy show 1 2-12-21.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.