Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Jayne B currently presenting item J-395503 Sunflower ring by Diamonique. The yellow gold offering has a stone missing at the top of the ring. Ooops!

• Laugh 3
  • Surprise 8

Some of these people should not be allowed near hot surfaces,  gas, electric or induction!

• Laugh 5

Jane went too far with the eyeliner this evening, and she really seems to love her Calista flip. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 7.04.56 PM.png

• Surprise 8

Wow, Jane was fast with her "after" hairdo.  That ought to sell a few right there if anyone is tired of taking a long time to do hair.  She did it off camera, though.  I would have liked to have seen her do that in front of the camera.  That was fast!

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 7.12.32 PM.png

• Like 4
  • Surprise 3

Blabby, fiddling around with the Perfector, asked the producer, “Do we have a B and A?” She was asking for her Before and After, of course. The producer obliged. (Love the “eyes to Heaven” pose in the the After!)

CDD3A111-BBBE-4933-B537-EC5F0A9BA55C.thumb.jpeg.946b47b4b6a457e0cdd18c3ea7c0cc94.jpeg

She looks so much better with straighter hair - younger and more polished.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 4

1 hour ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Jayne B currently presenting item J-395503 Sunflower ring by Diamonique. The yellow gold offering has a stone missing at the top of the ring. Ooops!

1BD33999-C16C-47ED-8D30-7038277E62A3.thumb.jpeg.866065f2238285202fd28f42f91a32b6.jpeg

front and center😐

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 10

I'm tempted to buy one of these Perfector TSVs.  I wonder how long the curl lasts.  I agree Jane looks good in the "after" photo with straighter style.

• Like 6

Good grief, Blabby looks awful.

Hair and makeup.

Even her teeth look odd. 

I am wondering too if she is ok.

Love Maria Mc's hair style and color. At first I thought those big panels of highlights were kind of out, but actually probably anything goes now. Within reason!

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Neiman said:

I'm tempted to buy one of these Perfector TSVs.  I wonder how long the curl lasts.  I agree Jane looks good in the "after" photo with straighter style.

I have a Perfector, which I bought a couple of years ago and I really like it. My hair is naturally wavy (but not in a good way) so I use it to smooth and create volume. The style does last, so I’m sure curls would last too.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

Jane is so dramatic.7B58BCC7-ED17-4808-904E-A603ECBAFE26.jpeg.eaa238e540b4ab3067b9d2f8e018c1a5.jpeg  This is somewhere between, “…the Calla lilies are in bloom again” and “Thank you, thank you! (pause) I want to thank all the little people who made this possible”.

Edited by From Where I Sit · Reason: The spelling of calla lily
  • Laugh 15

More bad news. Doctors saw how swollen my left foot had become and found I have multiple fractures in the foot. 

• Like 3
  • Surprise 8
  • Sad 19

10 minutes ago, Booney said:

I have a Perfector, which I bought a couple of years ago and I really like it. My hair is naturally wavy (but not in a good way) so I use it to smooth and create volume. The style does last, so I’m sure curls would last too.

QVC needs to credit this sale to @Booney 🙂  Decided to give it a try.  Thanks for sharing that, Booney.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

More bad news. Doctors saw how swollen my left foot had become and found I have multiple fractures in the foot. 

Best wishes to you @KLovestoShop and hoping you feel better soon

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Neiman said:

QVC needs to credit this sale to @Booney 🙂  Decided to give it a try.  Thanks for sharing that, Booney.

I think you’ll like it. And I’ll email Blabby for my share of her commission. 😊

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Oh no.

Are they now putting customers on Skype during presentations now? (Ryka sandals) 🤔

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 6

12 minutes ago, seasons said:

Oh no.

Are they now putting customers on Skype during presentations now? (Ryka sandals) 🤔

Yep, this is a new thing. Blabby was so dramatic about it. She opened the show by squealing, “After 35 years of doing this job and 15 years of doing this show, I have goose bumps because we’re doing something new!” 

7D55B90B-2AF6-48B6-AB5D-A4107C29C012.thumb.jpeg.7b8db1e0df193dd5b0cfd2ba1c360e04.jpeg

Then they cut to the customers on Skype and she starting frantically waving to them. She was bouncing up and down on the couch so much I thought she would wet her pants.

87F6394E-7D30-4B93-B7B1-D0AC0B84EACE.thumb.jpeg.97674548f93bb8892384f20b0fa7dd3f.jpeg

Then she turned around and said she was teary-eyed over this, putting on her best “I’m gonna cry!” face.

5D3E5E8F-5216-4F4D-98D8-88039A7C2CA8.thumb.jpeg.64411c41575b3aca335fa3311cf21914.jpeg

Do they give Emmys for Best Shopping Channel Performance?

• Like 4
  • Laugh 18
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 3

I wonder if the Skype customers are really customers or a group of people who work there.  It they're real, it's only a matter of time before one of the Skype customers does something or wears something inappropriate.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Blabby nearly had an orgasm when one of the Skypers asked her to explain the jute stripe on the Spenco sneaker. Someone asking her to blab some more - does it get any better? It looks like she’s thanking the Lord in the second pic.

F9B0F0CC-68AA-440A-997D-0183A427A8A5.thumb.jpeg.9fdd14c1f1eab69bd157d3cab182d1a3.jpeg

• Laugh 16

1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

Please don't say you're going to need plates and screws in said foot.

We're here for you!

• Like 3
  • Surprise 2

29 minutes ago, Neiman said:

I wonder if the Skype customers are really customers or a group of people who work there.  It they're real, it's only a matter of time before one of the Skype customers does something or wears something inappropriate.

No way on the Almighty's Green Earth I'd put my face on a shopping channel show.  What are they doing to recruit them?

• Like 5
  • Surprise 2

1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

Hang in there kiddo…consider today the pivot point…everything begins getting better tomorrow. 

• Like 8

I doubt it will be long before they get an "obscene" video call.  Years ago, Kathy Levin took a customer call, and the caller immediately went into the most obscene language, directed at Kathy herself.  A true obscene phone call.  It took at least 30 seconds for them to cut the call.  I guess the Q did not think they would need caller delay (they did!) You just know there will be some joker who will do that on the video.

• Like 4
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

@KLovestoShop — oh no!!!  You are getting a mess of problems, but you will get through it!  Have you already had the hip surgery?  Stay strong — we are all cheering you on! ❤️

• Like 10

16 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Hello friends.  Please send prayers.  I fell and broke my hip and will have surgery today. Very scared. 

@KLovestoShop I'm so sorry that happened to you. I'm praying for your speedy recovery and sending good thoughts. 

You will get through this.

40678cb3ba534523f1dbaa105627c80b.jpeg

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, seasons said:

Oh no.

Ick.  Based on some photos of customers wearing Q merchandise on another site I visit, it’s NOT a great idea.  Also why I would not post photos of me in my Q clothes.  There’s a reason models model! 😁

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, seasons said:

Oh no.

They had a group of customers on Skype the first night of the Q 35th birthday celebration with Rick and Courtney. I only watched a little bit of it, where Courtney was asking them what their favorite Q products were, so I don't know if they used that group in specific product presentations.

Are they giving these customers a gift card to be on the show in a Skype group, or just the "prestige" of being on TV? This is more involved than just random people calling in, and you only hear the audio. It has to be organized and coordinated ahead of time. I wonder if they rehearse?

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

So nice to watch Leah ALONE tonight.

Normally I will not watch this show due to Shawn.  I have purchased two items I would not have seen (nor ordered) any other week with Shawn on the show.

Are you listening, QVC PTB???? 

Edit:  about to order the Baggallini bag, too.  Love Bagallinni. It has a holder for a pen!!!!   Would not have been watching or ordering if Shawn was on.  Just sayin’!

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 9
  • Surprise 1

47 minutes ago, Thumper said:

So nice to watch Leah ALONE tonight.

Normally I will not watch this show due to Shawn.  I have purchased two items I would not have seen (nor ordered) any other week with Shawn on the show.

Are you listening, QVC PTB???? 

Edit:  about to order the Baggallini bag, too.  Love Bagallinni. It has a holder for a pen!!!!   Would not have been watching or ordering if Shawn was on.  Just sayin’!

Speaking of Leah alone, I LMAO during the opening when Leah made mention of the Unwashed One, and the camera panned to Shawn's empty chair. Dead! 😂

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

On 6/21/2021 at 4:22 PM, letusprocrastinate said:

Alrighty, then.

yowza.PNG

Hm, which outfit should I wear today in hot humid weather?  Or, which outfit should I wear in any civilized nation?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12
  • Surprise 1

18 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Hello friends.  Please send prayers.  I fell and broke my hip and will have surgery today. Very scared. 

KLOVESTOSHOP….I’m so sorry you fell and broke your hip!  I know you are scared but broken hips are repaired everyday and they have a very high success rate. I’m confident you will do well. Take care and keep in touch. 😘

• Like 12

New host Rosina Grosso with Carolyn Pollack (American West) and Erin Moseley (Diamonique) on Q2.

I don't know what's going on with Carolyn's eyes. They have had that wide startled look many times in her recent visits. Maybe it was caused by an illness?

misc pics QVC Rosina Grosso Carolyn Pollack 1 6-22-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Rosina Grosso Carolyn Pollack 2 6-22-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Rosina Grosso Erin Moseley 1 6-22-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Rosina Grosso Erin Moseley 2 6-22-21.jpg

• Like 2
  • Surprise 5

Boy, Monifa Days has a really laid back, low key presentation style.  It's not a bad thing and certainly an antidote to some frantic, frenzied, mad crazy kewl hosts.

But I dozed off, which may not be the goal.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 14

@KLovestoShop hopefully you are feeling a bit better and less anxious this morning! Think of this as the first day of your new life.

Trust in your doc, nurses and physical therapists to take very good care of you and control any pain you may have.

I’ve had both hips replaced, knee surgery + many broken bones, so I speak from experience.

Barring complications, everyone will want you up and around quickly. I know it seems daunting with multiple sites involved, but you can do it. Once again, pain control is excellent.

Two years ago I slipped on ice and snapped the top of my tibia off as well as broke my wrist with permanent bone displacement. Both were on the same side…I was non weight bearing for two months, spent 8 weeks in the hospital and a nursing home but figured out how to get my ass around vía unusual means. Today I’m fine with no indication any of the above ever happened!

Follow doctor’s orders. Take one day at a time. You can do it!

• Like 18
  • Surprise 3

Interesting!  Just read that a vendor (unnamed) said (on Facebook) that all guests were informed by QVC that remote presentations will continue indefinitely.  

Don't know if it's true, but I do know Mike George said customer service will work from home permanently.  I think they even closed one call center.

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 2
  • Useful 9
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 4

I actually looked at the Career Opportunities within Qurate to see what was going on.

Hiring at the Bethlehem warehouse, $17-$18.30 per hour.

A number of customer service positions,  all say Work From Home Opportunities. 

(Too bad I'm not really looking!)

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Interesting!  Just read that a vendor (unnamed) said (on Facebook) that all guests were informed by QVC that remote presentations will continue indefinitely.  

Don't know if it's true, but I do know Mike George said customer service will work from home permanently.  I think they even closed one call center.

Well, if the vendors don't come back to the studio, that spares us from having to see all the over-the-top hugging and kissing.

And we get to see more cute cats and dogs in the vendors' homes. 🐶 🐱

• Like 15
  • Laugh 2

David made an appearance during Deals on the Daily to hawk his cookbook.  I have the TV muted but by the body language it didn't look like Terri was doing the over-the-top fawning over him and the cookbook like other hosts have done.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5

5 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Whose body language him or her 

Sorry, her body language.

Although he was pretty even-keel too.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

Well, if the vendors don't come back to the studio, that spares us from having to see all the over-the-top hugging and kissing.

And we get to see more cute cats and dogs in the vendors' homes. 🐶 🐱

That's a plus in my book. I actually prefer the vendors Skyping from home. As @Coffeecup said, less hugging and kissing, and also less bullshitting and more focus on the product. They can keep the remote presentations forever as far as I'm concerned. I think this would be welcome news for a lot of the vendors. Instead of having to truck into West Chester, they get to do their presentations from the comfort of their own home. No travel time wasted, and no travel expenses. Seems like a good deal to me. 

• Like 12

7 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

New host Rosina Grosso with Carolyn Pollack (American West) and Erin Moseley (Diamonique) on Q2.

I don't know what's going on with Carolyn's eyes. They have had that wide startled look many times in her recent visits. Maybe it was caused by an illness?

misc pics QVC Rosina Grosso Carolyn Pollack 1 6-22-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Rosina Grosso Carolyn Pollack 2 6-22-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Rosina Grosso Erin Moseley 1 6-22-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Rosina Grosso Erin Moseley 2 6-22-21.jpg

i see Carolyn Pollack is still stealing from native americans.

I agree.  I think the remote OAP presentations keeps both their big egos in check a bit and the hosts too.  Lots more room to show off when live in the studio.  

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

re remote Reps ,  must be way better for them, but the ancillary businesses around Westchester will get the fallout, no hotels, cars to airport etc

Then there are the vendors who rent or have bought apartments or houses in the West Chester area so they don't have to stay at hotels when they visit.  What do they do?  Give up a lease?  Sell? 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

If they are going to keep OAPs remote, please, please make sure they have  decent connectivity. 

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

58 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

who knows theoretically they could skype from there

who has a house there, Chaz , Renne? 

Chaz; Kim Gravel has an apartment.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

who knows theoretically they could skype from there

who has a house there, Chaz , Renne? 

Doesn’t Susan Graver have a house in West Chester? 

• Useful 2

6 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

That makes sense to me. Someone had to pay for travel and accommodations (I know they had rooms at Q, but meals, etc.?). The presenters are all set up now to do it this way.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.