Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

I can't help but keep checking on David's book "reviews".  One 1 star rating but more 4 and 5 stars.

All angry about the email snafu, but the 5 stars love David so much and look forward to receiving the book.

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, phonybaloney said:

figure flattering??? What figure?

No ..... more like 'I am a big phony manicure"

I saw 2 young girls getting the same manicure Courtney has.  I have no idea what it's called but I don't care for it.  I'm sure the Kardashians and Cardi B probably sport the trend.   

• Useful 2
  • Sad 2

A lot of younger women in my area have that mani that Courtney has.  It's been fairly popular for 6 or 7 months now.  I saw people with it even prior to the pandemic, but it's really taken off since the holidays.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 2

Tomorrow at 1 p.m., a special "bonus" D&C, heaven help us.

Carolyn is already memorizing her insults to Gary.  That's how she falls asleep.

• Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Theoretically this dress? tunic? should work but it just looks like the model is wearing a beach towel.

703A8817-3D3E-4241-933D-4A359899E103.thumb.jpeg.2c4d459a06b411f90ee686e0d171cef6.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 4

Truth + Style = blech!

Shawni Sue can’t invent ass kissing superlatives fast enough.

Mz Lockjaw Architect Artsy Fart condescends but does not impress.

This drek is paper doll flat…no trunk for your junk…no blouson for your boobs.

Seamless + hemless laser cut “poly” = fused recycled plastic.

Clearly a case of the emperor’s new clothes.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

That dress would look a lot better if she didn't have pants under the dress and the dress was shorter.

• Like 8

Speaking of manicures, I enjoy seeing Leah's manicures. They are always perfect, and the colors she chooses are very flattering.

misc pics QVC Leah Williams nails red perfect 2 6-15-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Leah Williams nails red perfect Spenco sandals 6-15-21.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 15

24 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Speaking of manicures, I enjoy seeing Leah's manicures. They are always perfect, and the colors she chooses are very flattering.

Leah’s a class act. 

• Like 17

9 hours ago, Booney said:

Theoretically this dress? tunic? should work but it just looks like the model is wearing a beach towel.

703A8817-3D3E-4241-933D-4A359899E103.thumb.jpeg.2c4d459a06b411f90ee686e0d171cef6.jpeg

Not a good look

25 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Leah’s a class act. 

Leah seems SO happy this morning.  Good for her.

• Like 8

She was heavy-handed with the "etceteras" today.  Plus, she threw in an "all that jazz."  I know speaking for a living isn't always easy, but.....

• Like 10
  • Laugh 1

5 hours ago, hummingbird said:

reason for Shawn and leahs matching looks 

I watched the first 5 minutes of Cheers with Leah & Shawn.  In the beginning, they looked all surprised and said it was some sort of coincidence.  Whether it really was or not, who knows?  They also had the same shoe......one of them wore the slide version, the other wore the thong version.

• Like 3
  • Surprise 2

Oh no! Caro mimicked OAP Ludwig.  Not good.  She made a funny face when imitating her.

1275475865_Screenshot2021-06-162_21_36PM.thumb.png.f085c4ae63b7b383c82da1344ab38afb.png

• Surprise 9

8 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Leah looks GREAT!

8 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Leah looks GREAT!

• Like 6

Early throwback Wednesday.. Diva in 1993..NM.. i'll be back

"You won't see me for two weeks but Gary will be here but with other hosts (makes a sad face) -- Mary Beth, Amy, Shawn.....it's a good thing I like them"

• Surprise 12
  • Sad 1

Here we go.. Throw back Wednesday (screw Thursday).  Diva, 1993

davidvenable19933.jpg

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 6

Chuckles when talking about how her mother, who owns two white cats, needs a lint brush to wipe their hair off her clothes.

I'm beginning to think Carolyn has been a bad seed since infancy.  Nature, not nurture.

Born mean and mad.

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, Boston said:

davidvenable19933.jpg

His body finally caught up with his head. 

• Laugh 16

Caro presenting the DynaTrap portable bug zapper with Sean Pickford. The zapper is like a huge fly swatter except it electrifies the bugs. I have a product idea for Sean. How about the CaroTrap Zapper? Every time she hurls an insult, does a model feet pose, wears something too tight, or is generally her overbearing self, the nearest person zaps her with the CaroTrap. I think Gary will be first in line in the ordering queue, followed by everyone else she’s ever worked with.

94F0968B-E809-4302-9C58-AECC6072E83E.thumb.jpeg.7489b5de2150766f75fd8ceb95cc4281.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 14

11 minutes ago, Booney said:

Caro presenting the DynaTrap portable bug zapper with Sean Pickford. The zapper is like a huge fly swatter except it electrifies the bugs. I have a product idea for Sean. How about the CaroTrap Zapper? Every time she hurls an insult, does a model feet pose, wears something too tight, or is generally her overbearing self, the nearest person zaps her with the CaroTrap. I think Gary will be first in line in the ordering queue, followed by everyone else she’s ever worked with.

94F0968B-E809-4302-9C58-AECC6072E83E.thumb.jpeg.7489b5de2150766f75fd8ceb95cc4281.jpeg

I have one of those. It's about five years old. I don't remember where I bought it, but I'm pretty sure it was from a local store. I never realized it was a DynaTrap brand until I checked it just now.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

4 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Does that zapper thing work on stuffed squirrels?

Or obnoxious hosts ?

• Laugh 11

Model, Victoria, on HSN is the carbon of model, Stacy, on QVC. 
Statuesque at 6’, and stunningly runway beautiful; but also, with an elegant, sophisticated presence. No preening, prancing, or self promotion. They display the product with class and calm. 

Edited by MzBrooklyn
  • Like 8

Is it just me or does it bother anyone else when the hosts say things like, "This is going to be red," or any other color/style. It is NOT going to be - it already is! Why not just say, "This color is red." I have heard most of them do this and it is stupid. And I won't even watch the show "On the Daily" because I just can't handle what they are doing to the English language.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 17

PS

Jennifer Kovich should not sell food in sleeveless tops. The woman makes Guiliana Ranscic look overweight. Yikes!

• Like 1
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 3

It irks me when Jennifer K. comes on and says "we" regarding the company for which she is OAPing (for example, the company that cranks out croissants).

Then in another show she will say "we" regarding Juniors, or one of the other four products she reps.

Sometimes I've seen this done for a few products in the same food show.

I think Marie Louise Ludwig does the same.

"We" makes it sound like you had something to do with the flakiness of the croissants or creaminess of the cheesecake when you did not.

"They" would probably make it sound like you have nothing to do with creation or production (which you pretty much don't).

Maybe skip pronouns altogether and just say the name of the company when speaking about the product.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Is it just me or does it bother anyone else when the hosts say things like, "This is going to be red," or any other color/style. It is NOT going to be - it already is! Why not just say, "This color is red." I have heard most of them do this and it is stupid. And I won't even watch the show "On the Daily" because I just can't handle what they are doing to the English language.

It bothers me, too.

Not as much as when they say "this is your red" or "this is cawed red", though.

*** Guess which host I'm talking about!

• Like 4
  • Laugh 10

Is there a special signal hosts send to the control room when they need to spit something out? 

• Laugh 11

1 hour ago, CandyApple said:

It irks me when Jennifer K. comes on and says "we" regarding the company for which she is OAPing (for example, the company that cranks out croissants).

Then in another show she will say "we" regarding Juniors, or one of the other four products she reps.

"We" makes it sound like you had something to do with the flakiness of the croissants or creaminess of the cheesecake when you did not.

"They" would probably make it sound like you have nothing to do with creation or production (which you pretty much don't).

Maybe skip pronouns altogether and just say the name of the company when speaking about the product.

Bugs me too, but it must be in the manual for sales 101.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

54 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

It bothers me, too.

Not as much as when they say "this is your red" or "this is cawed red", though.

*** Guess which host I'm talking about!

My local news anchor just said "Vladimir Pu-in".

🙄

These are the type that hear birds singing when they talk.

We hear nails on a chalkboard.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 6

Talking about sausages filled with vegetables:

Alberti:  "You can see the ingredients in here.  Right?"

Rachel:  "You can see the ingredients in here.  Right?"

I think there is an echo in here.

Rachel once said she and Alberti are basically the same person.

Well, you are actually two separate people.  So stop mimicking!

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

2 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Not as much as when they say "this is your red"

Winner for the worst is "This is going to be your red."

• Like 2
  • Laugh 11

Isaac did design one of the patterns of the tsv. David went to a prerecorded remote of IM in his kitchen with the bags and David still seemed wound tight with it!!! Where is Ludwig working remote? NJ? or MD? 

20210616_202339.thumb.jpg.58a3c8e854633ec488abb8a34769cb4c.jpg20210616_202404.thumb.jpg.67f0b78902757f76e0cb4efefddc46a5.jpg20210616_202614.thumb.jpg.f6b0e7b1fa8600773a609113ca976608.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

3 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Isaac did design one of the patterns of the tsv. David went to a prerecorded remote of IM in his kitchen with the bag and David still seemed wound tight with it!!! Where is Ludwig working remote? NJ? or MD? 

20210616_202339.thumb.jpg.58a3c8e854633ec488abb8a34769cb4c.jpg20210616_202404.thumb.jpg.67f0b78902757f76e0cb4efefddc46a5.jpg20210616_202614.thumb.jpg.f6b0e7b1fa8600773a609113ca976608.jpg

She said she was in Margate, NJ.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5

5 hours ago, Boston said:

davidvenable19933.jpg

That was actually from 2016.

1998847319_davidtwitter2016.thumb.PNG.9c358b692b0aaa30837e7df869b1bad7.PNG

These were taken a few years after 1993.

1765596664_DAVID_QVCEDITME.thumb.jpg.dd6e066058abd01f4f244eb133cac9df.jpg

1853269341_davidatcomcastresize.thumb.jpg.0f0846e004141932f3e4e633d6e02137.jpg

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 5

Oh my! Only 2016!! Looks like 20 yrs ago! lol!! 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

Helen K. on HSN is looking heavily Botoxed.  No face movement.

Now she looks like that lady from Two Broke Girls.

Note to self:  travel outside of Tampa area if ever you choose this route to "rejuvinate".

She said she is about a decade older than the short-haired Lancome rep, Cara, who just turned 50. 

Helen gushed over the rep's youthfulness, but I thought Cara was older.

• Like 4

David needs a bigger blackboard.  Might as well order a bigger apron, too.

Now the Anderson Seafood guy, Rick Roman, is repping the Vitamix, complete with headset.

What happened to Jan?  He was too serious and made me uncomfortable.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

4 hours ago, CandyApple said:

who is Jennifer K ?  I am terrible with names

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Helen K. on HSN is looking heavily Botoxed.  No face movement.

Now she looks like that lady from Two Broke Girls.

Note to self:  travel outside of Tampa area if ever you choose this route to "rejuvinate".

She said she is about a decade older than the short-haired Lancome rep, Cara, who just turned 50. 

Helen gushed over the rep's youthfulness, but I thought Cara was older.

you made me turn to hsn but was too late.  the skinn oap looks like hes botoxed too !

• Laugh 5

12 minutes ago, Kamerakrazy said:

who is Jennifer K ?  I am terrible with names

Jen Kovich.

Tall.  Long, dark hair.  I think she was previously a model at the Q.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Jen Kovich.

Tall.  Long, dark hair.  I think she was previously a model at the Q.

thank you !

• Like 1

Watching Katrina on Q2 with her Upgrade your Look show. She put on a top saying she normally wears an XS but the top they had out for was an XXS and she thought it was a bit tight for her. Some filthy host should take a tip from Katrina.

Oh, and she is a 4 in jeans. And they actually fit her.

• Like 13

5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Winner for the worst is "This is going to be your red."

How about when they hold the black one up, squint at the card then say uncertainly “we’re calling this black”. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 12

14 hours ago, Boston said:

davidvenable19933.jpg

Amazingly, Hunka-hunka Dave and Diva Dave are wearing the same gold Cartier Love Bracelet. I wonder how many times the bracelet has been back to Cartier for a s-t-r-e-t-c-h 

• Laugh 10

1 hour ago, BenchWarmer said:

Amazingly, Hunka-hunka Dave and Diva Dave are wearing the same gold Cartier Love Bracelet. I wonder how many times the bracelet has been back to Cartier for a s-t-r-e-t-c-h 

BTW, Sandra B appears to wear three of the open-back version…one in each color of gold.

• Useful 2

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.