Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

4 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Now Blabby says she is wearing the Small in the D&C print top.

I think I might have to call her "Fibby" henceforth.

This line does run generously, but maybe I am being too generous by giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Considering sizes start at xxs she’s in a medium 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

MaryBeth doing an unboxing...it seemed an unnatural moment.

Please stop trying to use the "influencer" format. 

Aren't there enough of those out there?

QVC is an escape from nothing anymore.

• Like 7

I think Blabby calls Susan Graver Blabby to herself.

Jane seems to want to shut Susan up at every turn.

That would be good, except then Blabby herself starts blabbing.

You can't win watching QVC.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

5 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

MaryBeth doing an unboxing...it seemed an unnatural moment.

Please stop trying to use the "influencer" format. 

Aren't there enough of those out there?

QVC is an escape from nothing anymore.

So cringe-inducing. MB did not look very good; very worn out. Maybe she should retire if she can. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

that just highlights the bauch (from the german belly) the preferred term here, never good

Ahhh, the “bauch!”  I come from German heritage — this explains it! 😁😁😁 
I dislike the “smile” or in this case, the “tulip” hemline.  Hugs or emphasizes my belly.

A-line with side slits is better.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2

I wish, just once, when Jane says:  "My mother had a saying...", the sentence would end as "Janie, you talk too much about our family.  Shut up already!"

Is anyone else astonished that Susan G. has never won the Nobel Prize for excellence in pant making?

I know she is.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 17

6 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

I wish, just once, when Jane says:  "My mother had a saying...", the sentence would end as "Janie, you talk too much about our family.  Shut up already!"

Also, LL Cool J is rather famous for taking his Mama's advice to knock you out.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9

26 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Now Blabby says she is wearing the Small in the D&C print top.

I think I might have to call her "Fibby" henceforth.

This line does run generously, but maybe I am being too generous by giving her the benefit of the doubt.

I did a double-take when she said that.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, CandyApple said:

Jane Rudolph Treacy (does anyone else call her that when discussing QVC with those outside of this group?) was selling a pair of Barefoot Dreams pants.

She looks like she put on a considerable amount of weight.

Partaking in Jimmy the Baker's sticky buns too often can add some girth to one's hips.

I nominate this for Line of the Year! 🤔😆🤣

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

2 hours ago, Booney said:

Then she started posing like crazy. Isaac’s expressions are almost as hilarious as Caro’s poses. The last pose, with her hands clasped to her side, is a new one. I laughed out loud.

22149E37-E0CE-4C92-A3A8-911A05C9D5F7.jpeg.4ecaacddeeea41bbb9f33f4a0bdf0fea.jpeg

Oh no!  This last pic of her with her hands cracked me up, too!  And I do believe that is a new foot pose?

• Laugh 12

1 minute ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Oh no!  This last pic of her with her hands cracked me up, too!  And I do believe that is a new foot pose?

The problem with that foot pose is that you have to look real close to determine her shoes are not on the wrong feet.

• Laugh 13

I just can't with Caro and her poses!  That head tilt!!  I'm sitting here howling at the photos and the comments. Isaac is priceless.

Edited by Dottie D
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 11

5 hours ago, artisto said:

The fishing analogy they use in that article is more apt than they probably realize: when you let the fish run with the line and "catch itself," it almost always ends with the fish swallowing the hook and being either injured or killed. It's a discouraged technique for catch-and-release fishing.

But I suppose the "fish" doesn't really matter much to the salesperson in that case--only "landing" the sale. ☹️

That's why I always preferred an approach like Integrity Selling instead.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

There is one host who takes negative selling a bit too far. I don’t care what she likes or doesn’t. But I can see value in saying, yes, I agree, an indoor use chainsaw seems ridiculous, but when you can’t take another minute of a pandering host, you’ll find it so useful to chop up your television. 

• Laugh 7

Melissa Fleming-Epps just spoke the forbidden words...

S_P_R B_WL

Fire her. 

• Laugh 15
  • Surprise 1

1 minute ago, Dottie D said:

@Burly Oh no, I can't even begin to decifer what that means!!

🤫 🤐 

• Laugh 3

Ha, color me extremely clueless.  I just got it. I thought it was an acronym! LOL

Edited by Dottie D · Reason: grammar
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

21 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

If the NFL has lawyers watching QVC right now and readying the cease and desist notice, they have too many lawyers.

That’s what the law student externs are for. 😁

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

26 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Spurtle Myrtle just said it too!

Smack her with a wooden spurtle!

Did DV then say The Big Game three times in quick succession to cancel her out? That’s what he did with Fleming-Epps. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

What the heck is Mary wearing???? She usually looks really nice (or at least not wearing too tight clothes). Today she has on a Women with Control (I think - so blame that horrible Renee) turtleneck top that is so tight and unbecoming and just emphasizes rolls I didn't know she had. And she said that everyone on the chat wants to know what she is wearing - yikes!!! Sorry - I  not sure how to capture a picture.

• Surprise 6
  • Sad 1

The Unshowered Host said "Super Bowl" multiple times last night. Nobody tried to stop her.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 2

Is there nothing Diamond Dave won’t attach his name to?

Oh, wait...over 2000 people have bought the perfect vessel for consuming the Kool-Aid. 🤦‍♀️

• Laugh 10

12 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

What the heck is Mary wearing???? She usually looks really nice (or at least not wearing too tight clothes). Today she has on a Women with Control (I think - so blame that horrible Renee) turtleneck top that is so tight and unbecoming and just emphasizes rolls I didn't know she had. And she said that everyone on the chat wants to know what she is wearing - yikes!!! Sorry - I  not sure how to capture a picture.

They probably want to know what she's wearing so they can avoid purchasing it! 

I guess it's true....Angelo is back with a vengeance!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Laugh 8
  • Sad 2

I cannot believe those St. Clair Chicken and Dumplings have sold out.

My husband and I are watching and I guess he's never seen them presented before, even though we watch ITKWD fairly regularly.  We saw them earlier, when David was using the pepper grinders in a presentation to put pepper on a bowl of that stuff.  My husband looked at me and said "Eeew...what's that stuff in the bowl?  THAT'S chicken and dumplings?  Why is it gray?" and then proceeded to explain to me about why, if I made something that looked like that, he probably wouldn't even try to eat it.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 1

Obviously David isn't hosting a Super Bowl party this year; usually he takes SB Sunday off for that reason.

25 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

My husband and I are watching and I guess he's never seen them presented before, even though we watch ITKWD fairly regularly.  We saw them earlier, when David was using the pepper grinders in a presentation to put pepper on a bowl of that stuff.  My husband looked at me and said "Eeew...what's that stuff in the bowl?  THAT'S chicken and dumplings?  Why is it gray?" and then proceeded to explain to me about why, if I made something that looked like that, he probably wouldn't even try to eat it.

Apologies in advance to any St. Clair fans, but after reading reviews and seeing how in presentations they make it look like you're going to receive more than you actually do, I don't get the popularity of their products.

• Useful 3

21 hours ago, Booney said:

Caro’s posing during her Isaac show is hilarious. She started the show in a top that looked nice on her, but then put on this boxy jacket that wasn’t flattering (boxy jackets rarely are on many of us). I also don’t care for Isaac’s wide leg lace pants.

Then she started posing like crazy. Isaac’s expressions are almost as hilarious as Caro’s poses. The last pose, with her hands clasped to her side, is a new one. I laughed out loud.

0C36DA18-D098-4B4B-A659-C98C77F2C50C.jpeg.3058c5ac0a2fa014c7135e0b2cff11da.jpeg

You know what shocked me about that presentation? Isaac wore a COLOR!  I can't remember the last time I saw him wearing anything but black.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

37 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I always have to avert my eyes when they pour it out of its bag.  🤢

I recognize neither chicken nor dumplings in there, at least ones that don't look they have gone through several stages of digestion already. 🤢

Just picturing it in my head makes me want to hurl.

Did I mention:  🤢

• Laugh 9

Caught the TSV during AM Style and the NYDJ rep had on the rack of jeans a poster of the magazine cover of that “famous talk show host”. QVC loves to use her, her magazine and her dumb “my favorite things” list as a selling point. Well it is the opposite for me and a total turnoff. The lazy, unwashed one loves her and has made plenty of references to her. 

• Like 9

I found that if you look at David's show items posted several days before airing, they have started listing the featured fashion his gals will be wearing.

Yeah Mary, sure. You just decided to throw on that top that "everyone" is asking about.

(Not that this is a bad idea, sales wise.)

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

26 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Yeah Mary, sure. You just decided to throw on that top that "everyone" is asking about.

They do this every week on ITKWD. At the beginning they show what Mary is wearing, because you just know all the ladies in "the chat" will want to own it themselves. At the end of the show, Mary said what a loving and supportive group it is. Yuck. 

• Like 2
  • Surprise 2

48 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

I’ve always liked Isaac. He’s pretty down-to-earth. 

Isaac just said Super Bowl too.  QVC can't shut up the OAPs at home. 

images (1).jpeg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I went back through the ITKWD video looking for Mary in the top, which does look pretty tight.

B57C50F0-A923-4384-9F97-FE88432C9ED1.thumb.jpeg.d4c4ac4a0b5eb11cbec16ee1e8b28ef5.jpeg

I took this shot, in which Mary looks like she’s about to expire. There must’ve been some gluten in that smoothie.

12609A1A-E8B7-43D6-BBA6-A5D7C688AB68.thumb.jpeg.8fb724e22d2c997863b4bc4ae9ae9623.jpeg

However, the funniest thing I happened to catch was at the beginning of the show. Someone was asleep at the wheel in the graphics department! (They eventually replaced it with “David Venable Program Host.)

9EEEF4F9-0D6A-44FA-B2CE-25C6A150EB25.thumb.jpeg.d7072056d15ee03d0436cda9ea88b3a0.jpeg

• Laugh 15
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I found that if you look at David's show items posted several days before airing, they have started listing the featured fashion his gals will be wearing.

Aha!  I wondered why they had fashion items listed in the "shop the show" section (which I always check the night before or morning of)!  Thank you for shedding some light on that!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Useful 5

No interest in The Big Game.

I haven't stuck toothpicks in any potstickers or rolled any tater tots in bacon.

As a matter of fact, I live down the road from the stadium, and haven't tried to purchase any tickets from one of the 30,000 cardboard cutout seat fillers that might be scalping some.

So instead of the pre-show, I am watching The Golden Girls marathon.

I didn't realize Stan got rich from designing a gadget that opens baked potatoes without burning your hands.

He could have sold that on ITKWD!

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 6

6 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

No interest in The Big Game.

I haven't stuck toothpicks in any potstickers or rolled any tater tots in bacon.

As a matter of fact, I live down the road from the stadium, and haven't tried to scalp any tickets from one of the 30,000 cardboard cutouts that will be filling the seats there.

So instead of the pre-show, I am watching The Golden Girls marathon.

I didn't realize Stan got rich from designing a gadget that opens baked potatoes without burning your hands.

He could have sold that on ITKWD!

About an hour ago I talked to someone who had returned from the local Wally World and she said it was a zoo. 

In about an hour and half from now, it'll be a great time to go there or the grocery store.

And how much ITKWD swag can they possibly sell?

• Like 3

Affinity Diamond OAP, Michelle Lau, selling an approximately $5000 (more or less, given the size) diamond bracelet:

"There aren't many available.  And there aren't many of you that have the means or opportunity to purchase one."

Not sure if it just didn't come out properly, but it sounded like she was called the majority of the audience too poor to purchase her fancy wares.

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 7
  • Sad 1

For the good of the order, I wish to announce I am in possession of a copy of the latest edition of Woman's World magazine.

The header and subheader for the recipe spread (4 pages) is:  Score Big Smiles!  It's easy to make game day (or any day!) extra delicious with these winning snacks from QVC's cooking all-star David Venable

And elsewhere in the magazine, they use the words "Super Bowl", and more than once.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 3

Whenever the St. Claire chicken and dumplings make an appearance, I automatically think "slop".

• Like 5
  • Laugh 3

2 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Affinity Diamond OAP, Michelle Lau, selling an approximately $5000 (more or less, given the size) diamond bracelet:

"There aren't many available.  And there aren't many of you that have the means or opportunity to purchase one."

Not sure if it just didn't come out properly, but it sounded like she was called the majority of the audience too poor to purchase her fancy wares.

How awkward of her. Usually in those situations they say something like "This is an investment piece," or "I realize this is not for everybody."

• Like 5

Has anyone heard if there’s going to be a remake of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?  There must be because it looks like Jen Coffey and Amy will be auditioning for the part of an Oompa Loompa.  I’ve not seen anyone look as orange as those two.  Heck, Jen’s hair is the same color as her skin.  Someone needs to tell those two to lay off the heavy self tanner. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

I noticed the heavy orange look on both Jen and Amy too!! Airhead Amy closes her show early Monday morning at 1am saying she'll see us again tomorrow night for more fashion!! That would be Tuesday night. Unless she's off Monday night?  What bothers me about her is she's so smug about her ignorance and lack of common knowledge. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 5

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.