Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

2 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

My favorite of Jane for high marks on the makeupB9AA4171-034B-409F-BAB1-E34EC4417B0F.jpeg.3938cf1f385c96a05e5b04ffbbbf7cb5.jpeg

See it can be done.

• Like 7

just turned to the q to see who was hosting with Chaz. and i think bout the hosts.  i will give them more credit for hosting shows like this. gotta be hard,  i dont think i could do it

• Like 4
  • Surprise 1

7 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

I found some videos last year during shutdown. I do my eye make up a bit different, and my blush. (eye-liner not all the way to the far corner of my eyes and the line finishing up, not down, also my blush is higher so it doesn't drag my face down. Medium to light neutral eye shadows rather than darks.)

Here's one video that reminds me so much of MBR and JRT's current applications. A few changes make a HUGE difference.

@TexasTiffany,  you nailed it with your post and that photo could actually be MBR's poorly and inappropriately applied eyeliner.

• Like 5
  • Surprise 1

Here's Chaz with one of his dogs and a model from the beauty show last night. I made this screenshot to show the dog, but then I kept thinking there was something odd about the picture. It's the model! She was wearing a green gaiter mask that matched the color of the large aloe plant (?) behind her. If you squint at the picture, it looks like the aloe leaves are part of her face, like she's some alien creature.  You can imagine Chaz fainting when she turns around and he realizes he was styling a leaf head monster.

misc pics QVC pets Chaz Dean dog 6-12-21.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 19
  • Surprise 2

6 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Edward Bess! Lovely hair! 

R1d42e5cb553fae9a02ad4a20e14b26c5.jpeg

Thank goodness you remembered his name!  After I woke up today, I was racking my brain trying to remember him.

• Like 5

On 6/11/2021 at 9:30 PM, Bronx Babe said:

Gary, what the hell is a "trucker jacket"??

Never heard this term before, and I like to think I know something about fashion.

Old term, truckers wear these…

Variations also known as…

Battle Jacket

Eisenhower Jacket 

• Useful 2

14 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Poor Janie is really starting to look worn and torn.  Fake exuberance at her (our) age can be exhausting and takes a toll.

She needs to tone everything down.

"Our" age?

Personally, I turned 29 this year.  Like I did last year, and the year before, and the year before that, and the year previously...

• Like 2
  • Laugh 13

22 hours ago, seasons said:

Gravel seems to be on q or q2 every day! 

I love her hair style. Trying to get mine into a version of that, just a little longer. 

And I'm an XL/1x, but I think she is a large? Maybe a large/XL?

I do like her. I think she is for real. I think?

IMO, KG is beautiful at any size. The southern belle shtick works for her.

Her beauty pageant history and involvement certainly gives her a leg up in knowing how to accentuate the positive.

I give her credit for hard work + creativity = success

• Like 16
  • Laugh 1

14 hours ago, MzBrooklyn said:

JohnnyStar5...with all due respect, I don’t  really think JT’s exuberance is “faux”. I really do think she’s a Norma Desmond. When that red light goes on, so does she. She seems to feed from it. She looks worn, just like Norma, because she’s stuck in the makeup fix that she’s been in for decades. She’s addicted to the energy of being a “star”, albeit on a small stage. She can’t...won’t...give it up until it gives her up. 
oy...listen to me...psychiatrist to the stars...🔮🤦‍♀️

Spot on.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

11 hours ago, hummingbird said:

but I think he has nice eyes

Yes he does....

beautiful in fact...

• Like 2

IMO, the Blabster’s downhill slide became apparent when she began neglecting her hair.

Looking back at old pics, a well groomed head of hair softened her look.

Her current lazy, sloppy, clumsy, depressed self assessment is all I can think of when looking at her.

A prop glass of wine in her hand at all hours of the day reinforces my thoughts of something deeper going on than a camera-ready smile.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 2

52 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

IMO, KG is beautiful at any size. The southern belle shtick works for her.

Her beauty pageant history and involvement certainly gives her a leg up in knowing how to accentuate the positive.

I give her credit for hard work + creativity = success

I agree. I can watch her and listen to her easily, and enjoy it. (mostly....sometimes she can get a bit hyper and I have seen a few of her items that veer towards garish but mostly not). I watched her last night with MaryBeth and I think they worked beautifully together.

• Like 10

These days, I'll stick around and watch anyone on QVC who isn't screaming at me, cackling at me or with a co-host, looks well groomed, gives good info on the product, or doesn't make up storylines and says she's a spy in the Czech Republic who sells fruit baskets as a side hustle.....

So, I rather enjoy Kim Gravel.  Sure, she gets a little boisterous from time to time, but when she does, it feels like real joy instead of manufactured BS.

• Like 13

7 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Is Jilly humble bragging?

https://justjill.com/25-years-as-a-qvc-host/

Totally.

That seemed less a tribute to QVC and more an excerpt from her yet to be released autobiography: 

Just Jill

Chapter Three:  Like Flies to Honey:  Gee, People Really Liked Me at QVC

• Like 3
  • Laugh 13

1 hour ago, BenchWarmer said:

Did she exit or was she exited?

That's the million dollar question.  Shortly before she departed the Q, she celebrated her 25th anniversary, and mentioned something along the lines of hoping to be there for 25 more.  So why say that, then leave?

• Like 2
  • Useful 6

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

So, I rather enjoy Kim Gravel.  Sure, she gets a little boisterous from time to time, but when she does, it feels like real joy instead of manufactured BS.

I do too. Besides liking her personality, I appreciate that she really knows her products inside and out and presents them well. Contrast that with some designers like Isaac, who often looks surprised when he sees one of his items, as if he's laying eyes on it for the first time (and probably is!).

• Like 14

2 hours ago, BenchWarmer said:

IMO, the Blabster’s downhill slide became apparent when she began neglecting her hair.

Looking back at old pics, a well groomed head of hair softened her look.

Her current lazy, sloppy, clumsy, depressed self assessment is all I can think of when looking at her.

A prop glass of wine in her hand at all hours of the day reinforces my thoughts of something deeper going on than a camera-ready smile.

She had people doing her hair back then. She can't handle that curly mess for some reason, even though  they show straighteners all the time.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Shaking My Head said:

She had people doing her hair back then. She can't handle that curly mess for some reason, even though  they show straighteners all the time.

Straighteners

+

Dryers + flat irons + hi-tech brushes

+

Giant rollers

+

Wigs

+

Beauty blog tutorial daughter

+

Obedient husband

+

Local salon

=

no excuse

• Like 12
  • Useful 1

A caption from Just Jill's article:

Me and my QVC colleagues at the funeral of Joan Rivers

OK, first, the grammar. Drives me insane. It's bad enough when people say it, but to have it in print when you have time to proof read and edit is inexcusable.

Second, the caption talks about being at Joan Rivers' funeral and they are all smiling like they are at a party. I just found that really offensive. A little smile, perhaps, but not like they showed in this picture.

• Like 12
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Second, the caption talks about being at Joan Rivers' funeral and they are all smiling like they are at a party. I just found that really offensive. A little smile, perhaps, but not like they showed in this picture.

Agreed.  The photo posing, taking, and posting was in such poor taste.

I remember seeing it when it was originally posted and thought "who takes a photograph at a funeral?" 

A bunch of QVC egomaniacs who need to hitch their wagons to the nearest celebrity, dead or alive.  That's who.

You'd think being on television almost every day for years on end would be enough to satisfy them, but seems like it caused an attention addiction.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 18

Jill (calling Martha the night before the show):  qvc-jill-martha-stewart-scaled-e1623547370194-980x551.thumb.jpg.440595f5463764d37f99a73b383292e9.jpg

"Hi, Martha!  I thought it would be enjoyable if we wore coordinating denim outfits."

Martha: "That would be a good thing."

Betting Jill has the framed version by her bedside.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 14

After the bell pepper incident the other week I think someone has given David some rudimentary training in knife skills. He dealt with an onion in the chopping board and knife set demo a little more confidently, but still looked very much like a rookie. 

Is McSilly married? 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Ah right. Last week he mentioned in-laws and now I can see a pretty hefty gold band on the wedding finger. I had him down as single. Not that it’s ANY of my beeswax of course! 

Checked the IG. Cute. 

Edited by Burly
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

my co-workers and I at Joan Rivers' funeral

a much less convoluted, sentance 

Her mom was a teacher. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

TSV Dyson time for David = Adult bevy time for Burly. 

P.S Don’t worry it’s cocktail hour in England!

PPS Don’t tell Shawn! 🤫

• Like 2
  • Laugh 12

Diva selling the bamboo cutting board with, yet again, the ITKWD logo...

”I know it has my name on it, but it’s not about me...”

Horse Pucky!

Your name on any saleable item means “cha-ching, cha-ching...”

“one for The Q...one for me...

one big happy fam-i-ly “ 🤗

• Like 9
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

19 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Diva selling the bamboo cutting board with, yet again, the ITKWD logo...

”I know it has my name on it, but it’s not about me...”

Horse Pucky!

Your name on any saleable item means “cha-ching, cha-ching...”

“one for The Q...one for me...

one big happy fam-i-ly “ 🤗

What a stupid, disingenuous thing for David to say about a product that has his brand name on it, and not on the back but right on the front!

Sundays were the day my husband and I would watch ITKWD.  We can't anymore.  He is so full of himself in a way he hasn't been before.  I know he was always pretty self-important, but lately he's just become unwatchable for us.  The repetitive product doesn't help, either.

• Like 13
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 4

When my dad was alive, he used to enjoy the ITKWD shows, but it got to the point where he couldn't watch anymore, either. At least they aren't showing a new air fryer every week, like it was before.

• Like 11

Soon the Q will have to run a public service announcement:

"We, here at QVC, do not endorse the drinking of any alcoholic beverage while operating heavy machinery.  However, we do hope you will be double-fisting any distilled grain or fermented grape thirst quencher that will inebriate you to the point of wanting to buy as many Jimmy the Baker's crumb cakes and colorful Tolani tops as your giggly self sees fit to do."

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 18

12 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

"We, here at QVC, do not endorse the drinking of any alcoholic beverage while operating heavy machinery.  However, we do hope you will be double-fisting any distilled grain or fermented grape thirst quencher that will inebriate you to the point of wanting to buy as many Jimmy the Baker's crumb cakes and colorful Tolani tops as your giggly self sees fit to do."

Post of the Day ! 👏👏

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

53 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

What a stupid, disingenuous thing for David to say about a product that has his brand name on it, and not on the back but right on the front!

Sundays were the day my husband and I would watch ITKWD.  We can't anymore.  He is so full of himself in a way he hasn't been before.  I know he was always pretty self-important, but lately he's just become unwatchable for us.  The repetitive product doesn't help, either.

The cutting board is sold out. What next ?  Perhaps Tara could put happy dancing Dave on some dishes. What should be the next David product ?

• Laugh 9
  • Surprise 3

35 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

Jacqui with a Mimosa on Q2.

189433464_jacquimimosa.thumb.png.450a9301ab8ed7c6bd28dba9fdd1f2f2.png

Jacqui has a pretty nice view from her window.

Perhaps I shouldn't have given the side eye to her alleged background of personal shopping for the rich and famous.

Sounded like some LinkedIn embellishment to me, but perhaps it is true. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Can I ask a dumb question.......who is Jacqui?

The OAP for Isaac. Her full name is Jaqui Stafford.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Lady J said:

The cutting board is sold out. What next ?  Perhaps Tara could put happy dancing Dave on some dishes. What should be the next David product ?

I'm torn between Happy Dance laxatives for all that mac and cheese or a Happy Dance plunger...for all that mac and cheese.

• Laugh 15

29 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

The OAP for Isaac. Her full name is Jaqui Stafford.

I thought that might be her. Man she looks different in that photo. That's when I thought there must be another OAP named Jacqui. 

Wowza.

• Laugh 4

17 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Happy Dance with Diva NutriSystem?

never happen

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

4 hours ago, Lady J said:

A very special edition Medic Alert bracelet, exclusive to QVC and ITKWD.

It automatically calls 911 if you are eating any of David's Half Homemade recipes, to alert the hospital to get the angioplasty instruments ready for your arrival.

It will account for differing levels of urgency, depending on what you ate and quantity consumed.

Example:

Mac and cheese with bacon and 14 different cheeses:

One serving:  Ready the heart monitor

Three quarters of a baking dish:  Sterilize the unclogging equipment

Buy as many as you want.

Store in your gift closet.

Give out at Christmas for immediate use, after you've served the donut bread pudding. 

Comes in 12 colors. 

• Laugh 19

8 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Sure.  Just like the at-home parties where adult beverages are served.  Inhibitions lessened = more sales.

Back to:an earlier post, I have not noticed that the wine in JRT’s glass gets any lower.  It is a prop, unlike Shawn’s use.  (I don’t really care if Shawn is drinking,  but don’t want other who care, to think JRT is in the  same sales mode.)

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 5

Susan Graver:  "Women tell me they've changed over their entire wardrobe to liquid knit."

Well, they're just nuts. 

Jen (wearing Susan's tie sleeve liquid knit top): "I'm 5'6" and wearing the xx small."

Then, without mentioning the dwindling pandemic, but planting a seed that another cause of death is right around the corner:  "Life's just too short to be uncomfortable."

The top was pulling under her arms, but baggy all over the body of the shirt.  Same fit on an even slimmer, less busty Kadisha.

Pulling is not comfortable.  It's right up there in annoyance with an itchy sweater or fly buzzing around your face.

I guess with all of Susan's attention to creating a properly fitted trouser, she totally forgot about properly fitting a top.🤷‍♀️

Edited by CandyApple
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 6

Jen, Rachel, and Isaac are all talking at once.

Is no one in charge?

Totally convinced the producers are too busy drinking the prop wine left over from previous shows (well, at least Leah's portion).

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Caro is hopeless. I find it amazing that she can continue to find ways to look worse than  before. 
BTW, I’d say her middle and Diamond Dave’s are about even. Maybe they can join together for one more “host name” product. This time, a clothing line:

“David and Carolyn’s BELLY BUSTERS”. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 1

20 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Jill (calling Martha the night before the show):  qvc-jill-martha-stewart-scaled-e1623547370194-980x551.thumb.jpg.440595f5463764d37f99a73b383292e9.jpg

"Hi, Martha!  I thought it would be enjoyable if we wore coordinating denim outfits."

Martha: "That would be a good thing."

Betting Jill has the framed version by her bedside.

American Qothic

Jilly best beware Mart’s mighty pitchfork.

• Laugh 10

Caro has said a few times that she doesn’t listen to the stylists. That at her age she prefers to make her own choices…especially for shoes. Given her strong personality, I believe she does just that.
You are to be applauded for your benevolence 👏😉

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.