Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Jane did a little bit of selling with Gary and he brought up Nutsy and his own stuffed idiot (sorry, can’t remember it’s name).  He started talking in the squirrel voice, and Jane shut him right down. She didn’t want anything to do with that stupidity.

I just heard of Gary’s unofficial club for those who love his favorite color olive. Really?  Women have posted that they love all his clothes that are olive and one woman even claimed she owns everything he’s ever sold in olive. Sheesh, I’m continually shocked by the apparent lunacy of so many Q fans. 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 5

15 minutes ago, Booney said:

Since Caro isn’t the only clueless host at the Q...

523A0599-676F-4AF0-B7D6-443CFD6C1101.jpeg.57bf3470485fa54f4aba04db27c3d74d.jpeg

This is, like, totally awesome!  LOL!

Thanks, @Booney!

• Like 12

Funny that Jane shut Gary down.  If only Nutsy were a ballerina!

• Laugh 13
  • Surprise 1

19 minutes ago, Thumper said:

*Pokes back in*

Don't give anyone any ideas!  They've already had a Q viewer send the squirrels outfits.  They were well-made.

But all we need is Nutsy in a tutu and Acorn (Gary's squirrel) looking like Nureyev.

• Laugh 11
  • Surprise 1

I too, am speechless.

Really old Kathleen Kirkwood-type smoothing tank with integrated shoulder pads.

9935C06F-5AAB-4FD9-A81D-79120685709D.jpeg.2d34a9284bad44d0ee3b4e1af97f05fc.jpeg

Now I’m speechless again. 🤭

Edited by From Where I Sit · Reason: I forgot the picture
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 1

Carolyn has a lot of self confidence, but as an Apple shape like her, I wonder if the stylists don’t care, because she doesn’t fit the Q mold of a woman’s body.  To me (and I may be biased), QVC seems to cater to the small waist, fuller hips woman — a “real woman” in their language.  Caro doesn’t fit, neither does model Pam.  I put up with baggy thighs so the waist will fit me.  (Not just Q products, either, although once in awhile I find a non-Q brand that fits my body, like Democracy jeans, some Vera Wang jeans from Kohl’s.)

I just get so tired of looking at models on Q where the shorts/ jeans fit their legs — then I get it home and the legs are all loose and baggy.  I know we have discussed how the Q dresses its models in too tight clothes, but it is discouraging for me.

Lament/ rant over! 😂   We all have our body issues, but this really aggravates me.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

I should have trusted Gary.

After all, he IS the head designer of D&C.

Even if I think that line is dumpy/fugly and wonder how much input the guy really has.

Exactly.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

*Pokes back in*

Don't give anyone any ideas!  They've already had a Q viewer send the squirrels outfits.  They were well-made.

But all we need is Nutsy in a tutu and Acorn (Gary's squirrel) looking like Nureyev.

Thus the mystery of Q`s longevity solved. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

51 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Carolyn has a lot of self confidence, but as an Apple shape like her, I wonder if the stylists don’t care, because she doesn’t fit the Q mold of a woman’s body.  To me (and I may be biased), QVC seems to cater to the small waist, fuller hips woman — a “real woman” in their language.  Caro doesn’t fit, neither does model Pam.  I put up with baggy thighs so the waist will fit me.  (Not just Q products, either, although once in awhile I find a non-Q brand that fits my body, like Democracy jeans, some Vera Wang jeans from Kohl’s.)

I just get so tired of looking at models on Q where the shorts/ jeans fit their legs — then I get it home and the legs are all loose and baggy.  I know we have discussed how the Q dresses its models in too tight clothes, but it is discouraging for me.

Lament/ rant over! 😂   We all have our body issues, but this really aggravates me.

Your fellow apple appreciates your rant!

• Like 7

I don't think Caro is a natural apple. She has junk in the trunk and tree trunk thighs. I think she put on weight in her midsection post menopause. Ask me how I know that unfortunate body type. 

• Like 6
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, From Where I Sit said:

I too, am speechless.

Really old Kathleen Kirkwood-type smoothing tank with integrated shoulder pads.

9935C06F-5AAB-4FD9-A81D-79120685709D.jpeg.2d34a9284bad44d0ee3b4e1af97f05fc.jpeg

Now I’m speechless again. 🤭

Hey, is that what Carolyn was wearing under her T shirt? It would account for the two weird lumps on her shoulder blades.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

No, no. I don’t what’s wrong with me tonight. First I forgot the photo of the smoothing tank. Now, with thanks to you for your question, I realize I left out a sentence. 🙈

Instead of what Caro wore under her shirt today, I was suggesting that she could benefit from a smoothing, shoulder pad, tank. I was thinking of this old (unavailable) one that was offered by Kathleen Kirkwood in the past. Caro would get the smoothing and the pads at once.  I still have two of these from long ago.

I think I’ll take to aspirin and call somebody in the morning. Lol

Edited by From Where I Sit
  • Laugh 8

Carolyn keeps getting air conditioners and thermostats mixed up.  Says she's always freezing when hubby Mike "turns down the a/c"  ??  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 2

Be forewarned that Diva will be shilling his book again this morning with Alberti.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 2

Gravel seems to be on q or q2 every day! 

I love her hair style. Trying to get mine into a version of that, just a little longer. 

And I'm an XL/1x, but I think she is a large? Maybe a large/XL?

I do like her. I think she is for real. I think?

• Like 12

For me, Kim Gravel has been more tolerable from her home than when in studio. It will be interesting to see what occurs when vendors start to return. As far as her products, like so many others, she started out in an affordable price range, but has now climbed up. Her tops are ok, but her knit pants are too heavy for FL weather...even in winter months. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Thumper said:

I'm the same way. All my weight is in my belly, my arms and legs are like sticks.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Jane did a little bit of selling with Gary and he brought up Nutsy and his own stuffed idiot (sorry, can’t remember it’s name).  He started talking in the squirrel voice, and Jane shut him right down. She didn’t want anything to do with that stupidity.

Was this Jane Tracy or Officer Jayne Brown? I can't imagine Jane T trying to stop any kind of fun and would be surprised if she didn't want her own critter to play with them.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Was this Jane Tracy or Officer Jayne Brown? I can't imagine Jane T trying to stop any kind of fun and would be surprised if she didn't want her own critter to play with them.

It was Jane T.

Probably a bit of, "This is my show, don't bring Carolyn into this." 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

A male caller during the Dynatrap presentation told Albierti he's a QVC addict and hasn't had an intervention yet so will keep on being one. Albierti thanked him!! 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 5

A9E68819-A0C7-4090-B233-1875CCFCC3C2.gif.52e1ec23c3b8a61d2cd69e995d9c79bb.gif

Caro and Jane Treacy having a tug of war over use of the squirrel, Gary Goben, Denim & Co. in general and show turf.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 22

16 hours ago, Booney said:

Since Caro isn’t the only clueless host at the Q...

523A0599-676F-4AF0-B7D6-443CFD6C1101.jpeg.57bf3470485fa54f4aba04db27c3d74d.jpeg

BWAHHHHH! That expression on Jane with that pose! 

16 hours ago, Thumper said:

Yeah. Nutsy and Acorn are New Yorkers.

• Laugh 10

3 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

It was Jane T.

Probably a bit of, "This is my show, don't bring Carolyn into this." 

Yea, the T is for Territorial.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 11

How to freak out Jane, demonstrated in one simple photo.

IMG_2930.JPG

• Like 1
  • Laugh 17
  • Surprise 2

Poor Janie is really starting to look worn and torn.  Fake exuberance at her (our) age can be exhausting and takes a toll.

She needs to tone everything down.

• Like 14

JohnnyStar5...with all due respect, I don’t  really think JT’s exuberance is “faux”. I really do think she’s a Norma Desmond. When that red light goes on, so does she. She seems to feed from it. She looks worn, just like Norma, because she’s stuck in the makeup fix that she’s been in for decades. She’s addicted to the energy of being a “star”, albeit on a small stage. She can’t...won’t...give it up until it gives her up. 
oy...listen to me...psychiatrist to the stars...🔮🤦‍♀️

• Like 11
  • Laugh 6

Today, I turned on the Q (or was it Q2?), saw Jane in mid-blab, and knew I couldn't.

If only a phone battery would stay charged as long as this woman.

Perhaps relocating her to atop a more mountainous area would slow down her oxygen intake and thus her.

I think she'd be the exception to the rule.

• Laugh 8

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Poor Janie is really starting to look worn and torn.  Fake exuberance at her (our) age can be exhausting and takes a toll.

She needs to tone everything down.

Running around trying to be BFFs with people in their late teens, 20s and early 30s is tough when you are almost 60.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 7

Carol Allen and Dan W. shared air space today during a food show.

Dan ate food.

Perhaps elbows even rubbed.

Very mellow.

Dare I say they might make a compatible, no drama couple.

Not matchmaking.  Just observing.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Laugh 5

Please, someone pin this annoying twit down and give him a haircut. 

FA24D5D0-E6B0-441E-8C5A-0CD0F5F6DFCA.thumb.jpeg.950f41bc0a8045a8b5dd6cae03a6063c.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Booney said:

FA24D5D0-E6B0-441E-8C5A-0CD0F5F6DFCA.thumb.jpeg.950f41bc0a8045a8b5dd6cae03a6063c.jpeg

Ok, baby girl (the term of endearment he used with the two models I saw before clicking off).

He's totally an 80s werewolf.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

12 minutes ago, Booney said:

He's got more fillers and botox than all the Q hosts put together.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

He’s almost fascinating, as he reminds me of the bearded lady in the side show.

You see him, then you look away, then you look back again to see what you saw, but you can’t really look.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 17

1 hour ago, Booney said:

CAN NOT, REPEAT CAN NOT watch one second of this

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

RE JRT

her look needs a re-do

Jane could benefit from some of the make up revamp videos on youtube for women over 50. I've watched make up shown on QVC for years but I hadn't heard these tips specifically for my over 50 self. 

I found some videos last year during shutdown. I do my eye make up a bit different, and my blush. (eye-liner not all the way to the far corner of my eyes and the line finishing up, not down, also my blush is higher so it doesn't drag my face down. Medium to light neutral eye shadows rather than darks.)

Here's one video that reminds me so much of MBR and JRT's current applications. A few changes make a HUGE difference.

• Like 7
  • Useful 7

2 hours ago, Booney said:

ITA, his bearded-lady look is distracting. 

woman-beard_1f9d4-200d-2640-fe0f.png

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Laugh 13

1 hour ago, From Where I Sit said:

He’s almost fascinating, as he reminds me of the bearded lady in the side show.

You see him, then you look away, then you look back again to see what you saw, but you can’t really look.

PERFECT description!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

23 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

Here's one video that reminds me so much of MBR and JRT's current applications. A few changes make a HUGE difference.

Does she ever talk about frosted shadow from lash to brow😉

• Like 3
  • Laugh 7

36 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

Jane could benefit from some of the make up revamp videos on youtube for women over 50. I've watched make up shown on QVC for years but I hadn't heard these tips specifically for my over 50 self. 

I found some videos last year during shutdown. I do my eye make up a bit different, and my blush. (eye-liner not all the way to the far corner of my eyes and the line finishing up, not down, also my blush is higher so it doesn't drag my face down. Medium to light neutral eye shadows rather than darks.)

There was one make up vendor, his name escapes me, that always made Jane look good. Does anyone remember him, he was pretty.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

5 minutes ago, Lady J said:

There was one make up vendor, his name escapes me, that always made Jane look good. Does anyone remember him, he was pretty.

Can't remember his first name, but last name was Buckle (I think?)

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

31 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Can't remember his first name, but last name was Buckle (I think?)

Yeah, that's who I was thinking of, but I can't recall his first name. I want to call him Benjamin. 😁 Very fair skin with enviable long dark hair.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yeah, that's who I was thinking of, but I can't recall his first name. I want to call him Benjamin. 😁 Very fair skin with enviable long dark hair.

Christopher ?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Lady J said:

Christopher ?

Yep.  Kristofer......I think he was one of the Kardashian's makeup artists.

Here's their facebook live that he and Jane did.....she looks really nice after he did her makeup.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=10155688910412550&ref=watch_permalink

image.png.d891e64ce0f5206efac72dd96cb6f033.png

17 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

No, that's another guy.......can't recall his first or last name!

But I can see him.......sort of Nosferatu looking, but he did have beautiful hair!

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Oh crap, now I'm going to have that other guy's face on the brain. I'm notoriously bad with names, so it doesn't surprise me that I confused Christopher Buckle and the goth guy. 

Now I'm thinking Edward for some reason. 😀

• Like 3

Kristofer Buckle was the one!  He had magical powers.

5b082b68351a0_qvc160.thumb.jpg.7d406c38e62ad9cb4c3bbfb83389b9c3.jpg5b087e5c4efb0_qvc161.thumb.jpg.5f1f7559d021e32c15832b705e012803.jpg

• Like 9

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.