Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Was Jane in quarantine from possible Covid exposure? Or did they just tell her they wanted her to do that show from home? If it's the latter, whose personal closet is next? We already saw Shawn's closet and bathroom. Maybe Jen, Rachel, or Sandra?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

27 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Was Jane in quarantine from possible Covid exposure? Or did they just tell her they wanted her to do that show from home? If it's the latter, whose personal closet is next? We already saw Shawn's closet and bathroom. Maybe Jen, Rachel, or Sandra?

David's? "Just kidding!" said Caro.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12
  • Surprise 1

Leah is back on her usual style show this morning. She looks just fine. So the mystery remains as to what happened to her on Tuesday night... we have only her cryptic message.

misc pics QVC Leah Williams Denim-Co pants 1 6-11-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Leah Williams Denim-Co pants 2 6-11-21.jpg

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, BenchWarmer said:

Why are my editing attempts a big fail?

For the record, “Sicial” is not a real word

Are you hitting the quote button at the bottom of a post to attempt to edit?

If you click on the three dots in the top right corner the edit option will appear along with the report and share options.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Useful 4

Good grief 🤦‍♀️
Caro’s pants are waaaay too long...shirt waaaay too tight.
Won’t even start with the shoes. 
The woman has NO style sense. Not even for casual dress. And she’s selling clothes.  🤷‍♀️

Edited by MzBrooklyn
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

@letusprocrastinate thanks! 

I use an iPad. Everything was hunky dory until a few days ago.

*Update*

I was hitting the ‘quote’ instead of ‘edit’ button. Duh.

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

IIRC, Jane announced the Q2 closet “special” a couple of days ago. She acted dumbfounded, saying she had no idea why.

My impression was that she was ambushed at the last minute.

As a self confessed “slob” Blabby probably had a major meltdown cleaning up piles of closet stuff.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

10 hours ago, seasons said:

???

After all these years, Jane throwing shade at Kiki???

"evil cat"

"I'm afraid of her:"

🐈 #savekiki

Cats know things.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 10
  • Surprise 1

Caro:  "Nutsy is going to be in charge of the jewelry.  Nutsy is going to play with the jewelry over here."

I'm sorry. And who is nutsy again? 🙄

I'd say Caro, for wearing that ill-fitting t-shirt.

Then Caro pulling a Shawn:  "I don't wear a whole lot of purple. I don't know why. But I would totally wear this."

Edited by CandyApple
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

Caro says the rayon/linen pants will not be as scratchy and stiff as all linen.

You must be shopping in the Scratchy and Stiff Linen Store, Caro, because there is fine quality linen out there that is very soft and flowy, and will make you not to want wear anything but.

I sense some brainwashing for selling purposes of cheaper, mixed fibers going on.

And please do not turn to the side in that t-shirt. Egads.

"Don't dilly dally"?  Egads again.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 6

5 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

And please do not turn to the side in that t-shirt. Egads.

Why, whatever do you mean?
9834B192-2140-4A88-82A2-2A47B2CF34BD.jpeg.0a9142317b0935ecef49c6e3d419c73a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

Why, whatever do you mean?
9834B192-2140-4A88-82A2-2A47B2CF34BD.jpeg.0a9142317b0935ecef49c6e3d419c73a.jpeg

Shame on the stylist for dressing her in this. 

• Like 16

On 6/6/2021 at 11:10 PM, LeeDenny said:

Donut bread pudding? Like made with donuts? Neither raised nor cake donuts have the proper texture to handle the egg mixture. Plus it sounds way too sweet. Yuck.

Not his idea. Paula Deen did it first with crispy creme bread pudding. I get the diabetes shakes just thinking about it.

• Like 11
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

My daughter made a recipe for her softball team breakfast the other day. I guess it’s a team favorite among the high schoolers. 

The dish is a French toast sort of casserole, made with Pillsbury cinnamon buns. When she told me about it, I thought sure, I’ll need pills after eating it or it may bury me.

This also sounds like it could have been included in David’s repertoire.

It was tasty. Had a smidgeon. And that little doughboy has always been a friend of mine.☺️

• Like 6
  • Laugh 7

32 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Shame on the stylist for dressing her in this. 

Angelo strikes again!!

• Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

@From Where I Sit would that French Toast dish happen to be this recipe called "French Toast Souffle" that l'm so tempted to make but talk myself out of all the time because diabetic comas are real! It's a big favorite I hear. Not sure I would double those ingredients. It definitely belongs in one of Dave's cookbooks! 

20210611_105455.thumb.jpg.5cc897984dab37b113c381deecd344cf.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 1

I actually thought of trying the TSV pants, but seeing how they puddle around Caro's shoes, decided not to. Even if the petites were truly a 27" inseam, I wonder if they kind of stretch. Anyway, all the petite sizes were gone already. And that top looks hideodious (my favorite word from 'Wicked') on her. It looked nice on the model.

ETA - I have seen a total of 1 model who looks nice in those pants. They are too long and baggy, but they do look comfy. And since the pants are so flowy, you need a fitted top, but focus on the FIT.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 7

David was selling a dual shower head last night, and almost seemed like a televangelist in doing so. 

As he got more serious, talking about life and all of its mishigas (my word, not his), especially this last year, the camera panned in ever closer to him.

I surely thought he would ask us to send in a donation to save the world.

I don't usually watch him present anything but food, but is this his "other stuff" format?

Meanwhile, his polka dot shirt was burgeoning at the belly in such a dire manner, I thought he might start crowning at any minute.

He needs to stop trying to hide donuts in his recipes like a parent does vegetables in his or her kids' mac and cheese.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 15

LOL! David did the same hard sell during the last few minutes of the tsv fan presentation!  He was talking about Summer like it was the end of the world.  He said it was going to be a long and hot one ahead of us . . .

295344564_Screenshot2021-06-1111_33_01AM.png.6fc8ea6950282d0951e124c5d0bbeac2.png1743723846_Screenshot2021-06-1111_32_37AM.png.184110ac42c8134ce24a1227bcc87d2d.png

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

he has come to jesus mode

and Southern boy mode 

You can always tell when his "Come to Jesus" mode is approaching when the cameraman gets closer and closer to his face.

• Like 12
  • Laugh 3

6 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

LOL! David did the same hard sell during the last few minutes of the tsv fan presentation!  He was talking about Summer like it was the end of the world.  He said it was going to be a long and hot one ahead of us . . .

295344564_Screenshot2021-06-1111_33_01AM.png.6fc8ea6950282d0951e124c5d0bbeac2.png1743723846_Screenshot2021-06-1111_32_37AM.png.184110ac42c8134ce24a1227bcc87d2d.png

Gloom and doom! Good grief, summer is always long, and always hot. How did we all survive this long without the TSV fan?

• Like 12
  • Laugh 2

Yeah, the scare tactics.  You can see it in his eyes. 

I've never seen that look while he was taste testing cheesecake.

Sounds like he has your best interest at heart as Armageddon is upon us.

But the face says "You'd better order this fan if you know what's good for you." 

*Shudder*

From jolly foodie to threatening mob boss.

From clapping to his Happy Dance to swimming with the fishes.

All the Q's a stage, and one man in his time plays many parts.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Dottie D said:

That photo of Blabby perfectly captured her faux and annoying exhuberance.

Let's see PLW put "annoying exuberance" on a t-shirt! 

That's what I think of the broccoli-at-every-meal host with her attitude of "I pretend to be happy to make you jealous!".

• Like 6
  • Laugh 7
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Yeah, the scare tactics.  You can see it in his eyes. 

I've never seen that look while he was taste testing cheesecake.

Sounds like he has your best interest at heart as Armageddon is upon us.

But the face says "You'd better order this fan if you know what's good for you." 

*Shudder*

From jolly foodie to threatening mob boss.

From clapping to his Happy Dance to swimming with the fishes.

All the Q's a stage, and one man in his time plays many parts.

Diva takes himself way too seriously.

• Like 11
  • Laugh 1

10 minutes ago, Dottie D said:

Diva takes himself way too seriously.

Good guy, Diva. But yeah...ease up on the pedal. Just a little.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 2

3 hours ago, mpeeps said:

"Take the fan...leave the cannoli."

• Like 2
  • Laugh 16

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

exactly same pose for those things, scaring granny mode activated

He leans on that mode pretty hard, esp. when they need him to close out the TSV...

(camera slowly zooms in on his face, with foreboding)

"They are saying this will be the hottest summer in the history of Earth. Do you want your grandchildren to be sweating in your living room? You haven't been able to see them in over a year, and now, you're going to watch them melt into puddles of goo in your house? And the newspaper in your town will run a front-page story--with a picture of you--telling all of the details about how you were such an insufficient grandparent. What will the ladies in Sunday School say? Unless you hate your adorable, sweet, little innocent grandkids, I need you to make a plan, and take action. Don't miss out on this opportunity! Let's go through colors..."

• Laugh 16

19 minutes ago, MisterShrug said:

He leans on that mode pretty hard, esp. when they need him to close out the TSV...

(camera slowly zooms in on his face, with foreboding)

"They are saying this will be the hottest summer in the history of Earth. Do you want your grandchildren to be sweating in your living room? You haven't been able to see them in over a year, and now, you're going to watch them melt into puddles of goo in your house? And the newspaper in your town will run a front-page story--with a picture of you--telling all of the details about how you were such an insufficient grandparent. What will the ladies in Sunday School say? Unless you hate your adorable, sweet, little innocent grandkids, I need you to make a plan, and take action. Don't miss out on this opportunity! Let's go through colors..."

Don't miss out on this opportunity! Let's go through colors..."

Let the double tap begin...

• Laugh 10

While he's at it, maybe Preacher Dave could ask his heavenly connections what's up with the book emails?

• Laugh 15

I'm ROFL with this presentation and the scare tactics he's using over Summer!!!  Watch how the camera zooms in as he gets serious. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

When the camera zooms in, I zoom out. He has a huge head that when supersized, it takes up an entire wall; enhanced by HDTV. One can only applaud his mother for having birthed that melon. 🤦‍♀️

• Laugh 19

The Denim & Co. TSV pants must not be selling very well. They've been flogging those things to death. The fabric sounds all right, linen and rayon blend, but they are too long on everybody. They were dragging the floor on Carolyn, and all but one of the models.

What is going on with Carolyn's tunic T shirt in this picture? I don't mean her square mic pac near the waistline. I mean the two big lumpy areas on the shoulders. They almost look like giant shoulder pads. Are those her shoulder bones or muscles? Or did the shirt get bunched up when she was reaching toward the jewelry display, and it's just a trick of the lighting?

misc pics QVC Carolyn Gracie Denim-Co pants too long 1 06-11-21.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Surprise 7
  • Sad 1

Never thought I'd say this, but after seeing that camera zoom and stern sermon, David scares the sh*t out of me.

If we don't purchase the fan, I fear he is going to start throwing his weight around like a bear with an empty pot of honey.

I'll stick to potsticker yum yum faces and Corky's eye rolls when there are no covers around under which to hide.

• Laugh 12
  • Surprise 1

Coffeecup, I have 3 pairs of these pants and love them. If you buy your right size and length they are a great fit. I live in Florida, and in July-October, they are the best for being anywhere close to comfortable in the sticky heat. Caro just doesn’t wear clothes well. 

Edited by MzBrooklyn · Reason: 🤬spellcheck
  • Like 4
  • Useful 5

12 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Coffeecup, I have 3 pairs of these pants and love them. If you buy your right size and length they are a great fit. I live in Florida, and in July-October, they are the best for being anywhere close to comfortable in the sticky heat. Caro just doesn’t wear clothes well. 

You're 100% correct about Carolyn! It's rare to see her looking good in an outfit.

Do your pants wrinkle a lot? I know linen likes to wrinkle.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

These days, if you listen to Jane talking for more than a few minutes, it's easy to deduce that some people to whom she is related must use the term "on fire" a lot🧯

28 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Jane T

has to assign ownership to everything 

"Courtney is my QVC baby". 

Yep, she just did it again: "my Angela." 🤨

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 6

I'm sure there is a story to go along with Jane's penchant for showing possession of people.

And I don't want to hear it.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1

Jane's green pants are too long.  As annoying as she is, I hope she doesn't trip.

She talks so much, she might lose track of where her feet are in relation to the hems.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 5

Do your pants wrinkle a lot? I know linenlikes to wrinkle.

Coffeecup, they do wrinkle some, but not like previous linen items. Plus, I have the multi lined ones in 3, and the wrinkles are not so noticeable. 
When it’s hot here, everything looks wrinkled. 😉

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Women with Control pant color:

Toasted Olive

How does one toast an olive?

• Laugh 10

1 minute ago, CandyApple said:

Women with Control pant color:

Toasted Olive

How does one toast an olive?

Renee blows a lot of hot air on it.

• Laugh 21
  • Surprise 1

IM is laying it on so thick, buttering up Jane, you would think he is selling Spurtles. 🤣

• Laugh 10

4 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

What is going on with Carolyn's tunic T shirt in this picture? I don't mean her square mic pac near the waistline. I mean the two big lumpy areas on the shoulders. They almost look like giant shoulder pads. Are those her shoulder bones or muscles? Or did the shirt get bunched up when she was reaching toward the jewelry display, and it's just a trick of the lighting?

You're 100% correct about Carolyn! It's rare to see her looking good in an outfit.

Carolyn is so fashion-challenged that she apparently doesn’t even know how to wear shoulder pads! She went against her usual tendency though, and chose extra-extra large pads.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Booney said:

Carolyn is so fashion-challenged that she apparently doesn’t even know how to wear shoulder pads! She went against her usual tendency though, and chose extra-extra large pads.

WAIT!!!!  THOSE are shoulder pads?

(takes a look at the picture again....)

oomph.......I am speechless.

• Laugh 8
  • Surprise 2

I know we're all curious/not curious about Carolyn's outfit here, but I have to ask.....

Just what is Gary sportin'?  Could that be a D&C jean jacket?  I don't know what it is, but I don't like it.  Although he gets points for being able to button it if he wanted to.

(and that was kind of you @Coffeecup to suggest that maybe those shoulder pads on Carolyn could be "muscles"!)

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 10
  • Surprise 1

Gary, what the hell is a "trucker jacket"??

Never heard this term before, and I like to think I know something about fashion.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 1

Well, I just went online and now I feel a complete fool.....

I'm familiar with the look but not "trucker".

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 2

Caro is completely clueless when it comes to fashion.

I know some of our talented special effects experts can make Caro the star in her very own Clueless movie role.

Ugh!  As if...

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

I should have trusted Gary.

After all, he IS the head designer of D&C.

Even if I think that line is dumpy/fugly and wonder how much input the guy really has.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

1 minute ago, Bronx Babe said:

I should have trusted Gary.

After all, he IS the head designer of D&C.

Even if I think that line is dumpy/fugly and wonder how much input the guy really has.

Although since it's a Q brand and for how often they show it, it must make them a truckload of money.

I'll show myself out.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 12

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.