Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

5 hours ago, seasons said:

Hi Gang! 🤗

Stopped watching shopping channels for over a year but now I'm back. Nice to see everyone! I missed the snark and the fun, that's for sure! Hoping you all are safe and experiencing good health, enjoying getting back out there as you feel comfortable. 💖

Enjoying this new overnight host from Los Angeles. She seems very professional and has a very smooth and calming voice.So poised and confident! So much better than the strange inconsistency of Celery Lady.

I do wish she would dress up a bit more like a host instead of someone behind the scenes. God forbid I just like someone without finding something to bitch about! 

Missed you!  So glad you're back!

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Dottie D said:

Did I detect a bit of smugness from Diva when he was demo-ing his surf 'n turf burger?

I'm loving seeing all the comments from the disgruntled fans who didn't receive their special Facebook group invite for Diva's cookbook.

I'm sure the CS reps are going to be thrilled to be dealing with all of the phone calls from people who haven't gotten the email yet and want it, now, and having to repeat over and over, "Have you checked your junk/spam folder?  Have you checked your Q account settings so you can receive the email in the first place?" etc.

Although they have taken the "within 24 hours of ordering" that was originally advertised off the product page, which is a tacit admission that yeah, they screwed this up.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

7 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

The hosts can eat again!  Mary Beth enjoys a hot dog. Mary D. looks like she's enjoying a Big O.

misc pics QVC Mary Beth Roe food Kansas City hot dogs 1 6-09-21.jpg

And the skank from KC looks like he sells knock-off Nikes and Rolex from under his raincoat on 42nd Street. 
He creeps me out. 😳

• Like 3
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 1

On 6/9/2021 at 8:18 AM, BenchWarmer said:

I seem to remember Kathy Levine as the lead trainer in the past. For the most part, her trainees were top quality. Many have weathered the long haul.

IIRC, MBR was anointed  appointed newbie head master after her car crash and head injury, which rendered her dingier than she already was. Due to memory lapses, her heretofore previous marathon TV time was greatly reduced. For a while, she displayed a split personality of good girl/ribald bad girl with a marginally offensive potty narrative.

It appeared the Q had a classic HR case of ‘what do we do with legacy Bell Cow now that she’s mental flotsam?’ MBR constantly referenced the accident. The Q didn’t need a major scandal involving the firing of every mindless Qustomer’s favorite dingbat...sooo, they ‘elevated’ her to new host trainer.

As the old saying goes, GIGO 

Mary Beth was a mentor many years before her car crash. She mentored Rick and the unmentionable one, among other successful hosts.

• Like 1
  • Useful 7

9 hours ago, seasons said:

Hi Gang! 🤗

Stopped watching shopping channels for over a year but now I'm back. Nice to see everyone! I missed the snark and the fun, that's for sure! Hoping you all are safe and experiencing good health, enjoying getting back out there as you feel comfortable. 💖

Enjoying this new overnight host from Los Angeles. She seems very professional and has a very smooth and calming voice.So poised and confident! So much better than the strange inconsistency of Celery Lady.

I do wish she would dress up a bit more like a host instead of someone behind the scenes. God forbid I just like someone without finding something to bitch about! 

Hi and welcome back, @seasons!

Who is Celery Lady? 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Hi and welcome back, @seasons!

Who is Celery Lady? 

Gingerpuss, Julia Celery Cearley

• Useful 2
  • Laugh 10

23 hours ago, lazyfaire said:

MB’s smile is a bit strained, especially compared to Vanessa’s genuine one.

I wonder if MaryBeth’s “training” of new hosts is purposely lacking in order to protect her interests.

Could our pageant queen, the former Miss Teen Minnesota, be capable of such skullduggery?

She has an adopted family issue outside of the Q that's causing her a lot of stress.

• Sad 4

6 hours ago, Booney said:

Welcome back, @seasons! We missed you (and Long has too!).

Here's a little of his recent May 23 appearance. Hi Seasons!

long-front-052321-crop.gif

long-back-052321-rev.gif

• Like 5
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

11 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

your gifs are not showing up for me?  did you change something

Didn't change anything. They're hosted on the imgbb site. That's where I put most of the gifs because the file sizes are too large to post directly on PT. I know that @Booney can see them. Maybe it's some temporary glitch.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, Jaded said:

She has an adopted family issue outside of the Q that's causing her a lot of stress.

Gotcha 😉

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Maybe

not showing In iOS devices 

Can you see these? Put them on another site.

long-back-052321-rev.gif

long-front-052321-crop.gif

• Like 2

I love this comment about the book email problem:

"Mary should get her act together!

Always so gung-ho but can't fulfill promises!

Should have Ali Carr, much more personable."

(I can't even imagine getting so upset about something inconsequential like this....but I'm not a David groupie.)

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 2

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

your gifs are not showing up for me?  did you change something

who? MbR or KL 

MBR

• Useful 1

1 minute ago, RubberbandGirl said:

1244281969_janefb061021.JPG.68e1acbae6ed989b280707df6d8bc686.JPG

You know if she wasn't holding that shoebox, she'd be doing jazz hands.

• Laugh 17

I think David's groupies think of him as Santa Claus and Mary as one of his elves, and if nothing else, elves should be efficient in their tasks for the big guy.

By next month, his book will probably be abutting Woman's World at the grocery store checkout, flanked by the Chiclets and Mentos where it should be.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

1 hour ago, RubberbandGirl said:

Didn't change anything. They're hosted on the imgbb site. That's where I put most of the gifs because the file sizes are too large to post directly on PT. I know that @Booney can see them. Maybe it's some temporary glitch.

I can see your gifs, as well!

Both versions...

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I love this comment about the book email problem:

"Mary should get her act together!

Always so gung-ho but can't fulfill promises!

Should have Ali Carr, much more personable."

(I can't even imagine getting so upset about something inconsequential like this....but I'm not a David groupie.)

And I can't imagine people being so stupid as this, thinking that a QVC host, and not some IT person/program is responsible for generating the email to the FB group.

Really?  They think Mary's supposed to do that as well as be on air 22 hours a day? (referencing all those 2 hour shifts she did yesterday or the day before).

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 13
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Maybe

not showing In iOS devices 

I can see them in iOS devices (IPad). 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, Jaded said:

MBR

What's the issue and how do you know this?

• Useful 1

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

What's the issue and how do you know this?

Topic that can't be discussed here.  Public records and social media.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

And I can't imagine people being so stupid as this, thinking that a QVC host, and not some IT person/program is responsible for generating the email to the FB group.

Really?  They think Mary's supposed to do that as well as be on air 22 hours a day? (referencing all those 2 hour shifts she did yesterday or the day before).

Well, considering how many reviews I've read from people who have taken it as a personal affront when a host said a product was great and they bought it and didn't like it (food in particular), I can truly believe there are cookbook buyers who are blaming the hosts themselves for the lack of a timely email in an inbox.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 4

That photo of Blabby perfectly captured her faux and annoying exhuberance.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

31 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Topic that can't be discussed here.  Public records and social media.

Well thanks for bringing it up here then.  

Sorry she is stressed.  

• Like 2

Jane's face looks really different to me - much rounder and somehow different. Has it always been that way or is it her hair or is she just fluffier lately?

• Laugh 3

5 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Jane's face looks really different to me - much rounder and somehow different. Has it always been that way or is it her hair or is she just fluffier lately?

I noticed that too.

Shared hosting anger eating? 

Inflated ego?

Bunion slippage?

Tick, tick, tick…almost time for three hours of shoe shopping in Jane’s closet. I’d be looking over my shoulder hoping no one accidentally slams and locks the door.

• Laugh 9

13 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

I noticed that too.

Shared hosting anger eating? 

Inflated ego?

Bunion slippage?

Tick, tick, tick…almost time for three hours of shoe shopping in Jane’s closet. I’d be looking over my shoulder hoping no one accidentally slams and locks the door.

Quick , somebody lock the closet door !  😻

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

5 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

1244281969_janefb061021.JPG.68e1acbae6ed989b280707df6d8bc686.JPG

As soon as I saw this, I thought this:

8c7ee489824b6851b3b8e2d500046da2.jpg.6c1e2ece4dc9e002b7c93af729b65f60.jpg

• Laugh 13
  • Surprise 1

39 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

The last time I saw her was wig day, and her face looked very round.

Maybe that is why she shows so much love to My Courtney:  needed a good reference for facial enhancements.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 2

Thanks so much for the welcomes! 

It's fun to see some of you all from here on other show threads. 

And thanks to @Booney for the screenshots of qvc model/personal trainer/super hottie Long! 🔥He gets better with age.

Oh geez 

Kiki alert. 🐱

Wow, Vionic rep Jen looking a lot like someone that used to work there.

Edited by seasons
  • Like 6

Somehow I expected more from Jane in her shoe closet than Jane in her shoe closet. 🤔

• Laugh 15

Late — watching JRT on Q2.  WHY is she filming in her closet????   😂

image.pngI don’t know why this emoji of me is showing.  Can’t get rid of it, sorry!  I no longer have bangs, FWIW. 😂

Edited by Thumper
  • Laugh 10

Jane just called her cat "evil".

I thought KiKi was the love of her life?

After her NYC daughter.

And Disney.

Maybe she was scratching at her closet door.  Kiki, that is.

Jane must be carrying some scary microorganism because it looks like there is no professional illumination occurring. 

More like a flashlight rigged on top of a propped up Lexi Marigold.

Rinky dink production quality.

• Laugh 9

???

After all these years, Jane throwing shade at Kiki???

"evil cat"

"I'm afraid of her:"

🐈 #savekiki

Edited by seasons
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 1

Jane (from her closet):  "I wonder who is going to come in here tomorrow to clean up this mess?"

Jane (answering her own question, laughing):  "Me, that would be me."

Yes, very difficult to place shoes back in boxes.  🙄

Don't worry.  You can blab while you box them.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

On 6/9/2021 at 7:48 AM, Booney said:

I know we've said this before but it bears repeating. Given all the new hosts who have bombed out in the past few years - and who were mentored by Mary Beth - why do they continue to use her as the host trainee mentor? I don't get it.

I don't think the hosts' failure to reach company standards can be blamed on their mentors, who are there to support and provide backup to the training. If the new hosts decide to ignore suggestions or aren't able to reach the goals set for them, it certainly isn't the mentor's fault. And who is hiring these people that only last a couple of years? Who makes the decision to assign a host to Q2, where the chances to reach sales goals are very low?  Nancy is a perfect example. I liked her and thought she did a good job. But off she went and finally got the boot. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

Yeah, I don’t think MBR is to blame.

I’m kind of loving JRT doing the shoe show from her closet!  So odd and dumb!!! Yayyyy! 

Hooray that Katrina is kicking off the TSV tonight.  I want her to succeed.

Not sure about the linen/ rayon not-wide leg ( but to me it is wide leg) pants.  TSV.  I have a wide gut but thinner legs, so not sure this works for me.  Cute, though. 

• Like 6

Some highlights from SSWJ on The Deuce. She said she converted a spare room at home into a shoe closet. She had a "treasure shelf" on display behind her and shared all kinds of sentimental treasures throughout the show. Like a picture of her Mom Ginny, Ginny's white gloves, Ginny's hat, her QVC nametag, a dinosaur dear Dad Rudy made for her, family photos. She even did a leg lift to show off a shoe. Kiki and Deidre even made an appearance! And to top it off she closed the show with a glass of wine toast!  JRT did manage to sell a few pairs of shoes in between. LOL!

20210611_002948.thumb.jpg.c5746e4e86a94e2912c1d1817f27d7db.jpg20210611_003004.thumb.jpg.1c96c380a94e68fb77c5212eda79f1dc.jpg20210611_002907.thumb.jpg.a8d251af808eaa8f85eb3e28b260be62.jpg20210611_002931.thumb.jpg.799d68a9e18c8e06ce1b009dbdc5344c.jpg

20210611_003032.thumb.jpg.c80754be5ce1bae169d58f0c86cf344d.jpg

20210611_002833.thumb.jpg.343a6c657e68a370e1f1caaebe535582.jpg

20210611_003052.thumb.jpg.e9ccb3cb68e931f8dda9458f63496324.jpg

20210611_003122.thumb.jpg.35a79d398e575aabd31471d26292cba7.jpg20210611_003108.thumb.jpg.32710218eb40f39930c289ce79388a92.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 4

Great screenshots, @mpeeps!

Are we still calling Janie "Blabby"? I liked that one.

1 hour ago, CandyApple said:

Jane (from her closet):  "I wonder who is going to come in here tomorrow to clean up this mess?"

Jane (answering her own question, laughing):  "Me, that would be me."

Yes, very difficult to place shoes back in boxes.  🙄

Don't worry.  You can blab while you box them.

When she rambles on about JackieJane , I think she is almost talking to herself because no one can keep up with her. Like an alter ego or something.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Szish has a black skull and crossbones inner wrist tattoo? 

First, ouch.

Second, from here it looks like a prison tattoo or a tragic crafting /Sharpie accident.

Or maybe it is one of those tattoos where they inject a loved one's cremains into the ink. That's actually kind of cool; I'd do that in a second.

I'll bet she has some stories about her NYC days that don't involve fashion!

Also, her nails look like crap. Surprised coming from Miss High Style.

Edited by seasons
  • Surprise 4

I imagine Caro will be modeling the D&C tsv wide leg linen pants today and doing a disservice to the brand or is she on a WDV?

• Laugh 9

16 hours ago, MzBrooklyn said:

And the skank from KC looks like he sells knock-off Nikes and Rolex from under his raincoat on 42nd Street. 
He creeps me out. 😳

Wat too full of himself that one. 
I googled him once and he was described as “Actor and model”. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 4

Re The Blabster and her closet:

A Q exit strategy? Don’t let the door hit you…

Janie seemed genuinely baffled when announcing the closet show.

Re Days of Wine and 4Roses: Is this a thing?

Urban brownstone aspirational…the new sophisticated Q customer demo?

Let’s get drunk together and tap that app!!!

…hahaaa…HR can’t smell my breath??!!

Re The Blabster and her closet:

A Q exit strategy? Don’t let the door hit you…

Janie seemed genuinely baffled when announcing the closet show.

Re Days of Wine and 4Roses: Is this a thing?

Urban brownstone aspirational…the new sophisticated Q customer demo?

Let’s get drunk together and tap that app!!!

Sicial…hahaaa…HR can’t smell my breath??!!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

8 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Why are my editing attempts a big fail?

For the record, “Sicial” is not a real word

• Laugh 5

7 hours ago, seasons said:

???

After all these years, Jane throwing shade at Kiki???

"evil cat"

"I'm afraid of her:"

🐈 #savekiki

YiS9ZbV.jpg   Be careful,  Jane !

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11
  • Surprise 1

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.