Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Carolyn mentioned she visited Paris "I was there only once but it was the highlight of my life" and said she has two rooms in her house devoted to Gallic items -- "Gary, I have a Degas print on one wall -- you know who he is, right?" plus mentioning other French styled items.  

This really surprised me -- since she likes to present herself as your typical down-to-earth Midwesterner from Indiana -- until I remembered that she spent 20 years in "latte/white wine sipping" (my quotes, lol) Southern California and has mentioned a few times that she used to spend a lot of money on designer clothes and is obsessed with the British royal family.

But no matter what, still a mean girl.

• Like 6
  • Surprise 1

On 6/7/2021 at 3:08 PM, Thumper said:

Ewwwww!   MaryBeth just called a color “juicy!”  

For some (weird) reason i always see MBR married to Steve Doocey on Fox.. 😍

Not a big fan of the SUZY Graver.. but i have to say her DOG makes me laugh so hard 😅

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bronx Babe said:

Carolyn mentioned she visited Paris "I was there only once but it was the highlight of my life" and said she has two rooms in her house devoted to Gallic items -- "Gary, I have a Degas print on one wall -- you know who he is, right?" plus mentioning other French styled items.  

This really surprised me -- since she likes to present herself as your typical down-to-earth Midwesterner from Indiana -- until I remembered that she spent 20 years in "latte/white wine sipping" (my quotes, lol) Southern California and has mentioned a few times that she used to spend a lot of money on designer clothes and is obsessed with the British royal family.

But no matter what, still a mean girl.

Despite Carolyn’s present stage persona as a down-home gal, you have to keep in mind she was once a hard-edged heavy metal DJ chick tuned into the crazy LA music scene and all of the excesses. Back in the day, Jim Morrison, Robert Plant, Alice Cooper, Lou Gramm, Gene Simmons, et al; their bands, their roadies, their groupies, their management and the DJs playing and promoting them were far from angelic with big egos. Irreverence and pushing the envelope are elements of Carolyn’s history.

I’ll bet she has great stories to tell.

***full disclosure***

I’m retired. I have quite a few replacement parts. But I still have gas in my tank.

Is it wrong of me to convince Led Zeppelin to reconsider going back on tour and me be their road manager? 

• Useful 4
  • Laugh 7

21 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

On the weekend, someone mentioned the HD tv changes and Mary Beth’s teeth (and many others). I reached back in photos to compare. Just to see if I could see a difference.

1A6EC52A-6351-48A0-A25D-8A1953D43C54.jpeg.c760692897fdb7abc2fa63243b3a1d7c.jpeg
the ones on the right are bigger. The teeth. 

And Marie Osmond looks exactly the same.  🤣

• Laugh 3

19 hours ago, Booney said:

You know, I want to like this dress - I really do. It’s probably cool and comfortable. But it just screams prison matron. Not a look I necessarily want to adopt.

69E8BA01-EC63-4B9A-A46C-A3720F8A1D0C.thumb.jpeg.ad37577c82b0f0f7b01d4eacd1f131a0.jpeg

Or escaped inmate - 

• Laugh 6

1 hour ago, BenchWarmer said:

Despite Carolyn’s present stage persona as a down-home gal, you have to keep in mind she was once a hard-edged heavy metal DJ chick tuned into the crazy LA music scene and all of the excesses. Back in the day, Jim Morrison, Robert Plant, Alice Cooper, Lou Gramm, Gene Simmons, et al; their bands, their roadies, their groupies, their management and the DJs playing and promoting them were far from angelic with big egos. Irreverence and pushing the envelope are elements of Carolyn’s history.

I’ll bet she has great stories to tell.

***full disclosure***

I’m retired. I have quite a few replacement parts. But I still have gas in my tank.

Is it wrong of me to convince Led Zeppelin to reconsider going back on tour and me be their road manager? 

Ha!  Good points, @BenchWarmer!  And I believe it was @Booney who conjectured that Carolyn's past as a D.J. surrounded by a lot of macho-but-juvenile (correct me if I'm wrong about this, @Booney) men always coarshly joshing around, contributes to her QVC persona. 

And you will notice that Gracie is the only female who does that "dolphin" laugh along with Rick and David.  Can you imagine any other woman there letting out that sound?  I think not.

But apparently Carolyn is more sophisticated than she appears or lets on.

• Like 5

Did I hear correctly this morning -- an 80 year old D&C caller told Carolyn and Gary she loves the clothing line because "it's not farty"

And then followed up with "Am I allowed to say that?"

• Laugh 11

Let me correct myself -- I think the woman said "old-farty"

LOL

Gird your loins -- a three hour Denim & Co. this Friday, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. with "Garolyn"

• Laugh 6
  • Surprise 2

Poor JRT. Can’t seem to get IT right, ever.

Why does the wig she’s riding high make her look like a dude with mutton chops out of the 70s?

• Laugh 6

Jane is giving me hyper dental hygienist vibes tonight.  

It would actually be a perfect occupation for her.  Captive audience. 

Parting gift should be toothbrush, toothpaste, and two Extra Strength Tylenol.

For the headache she caused tooth pain.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 6

3 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

it's better than her real hair, better color and style

and she looks bored with the deodorant presentation 

I can't blame her. That OAP is a really bad presenter. Likening your deodorant to boiling potatoes is probably not the best selling point.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Why does the wig she’s riding high make her look like a dude with mutton chops out of the 70s?

A book that probably won't sell 70,000 copies in four minutes:

Clueless at QVC:  How the Aesthetically Inept Manage to Maintain High Profile Jobs Looking Like Clowns and Slobs

Jane mentioned her 35 years at the Q again.  Then her dancer daughters. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 8

Jane pushed the mutton chops back and fluffed the top. Much better. 

Good work….oooof. Never mind. Jane’s channeling Barbara Bush now.

I saw a cardinal yesterday…do I need to finish this sentence?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Jane has looked horrible in everyone of those wigs.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I’m sure I’m wrong…

I got major pregnant vibes from Kirsten today.

Pretty flowy pink top. Retro 60’s preggo garb. 

Many month’s of dark long root growth on normally meticulously bleached and maintained surfer girl hair.

Glowy complexion.

Short Note to Janie:

Please stop

• Useful 1
  • Surprise 5

21 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

She looked genuinely happy in this one though.6A64805B-C8C1-4085-AD04-47C489AF06FB.jpeg.d5e490fd51c6653c42523feee4ab74e2.jpeg

Oh, she looked verrry pleased with herself in all of them. She is delusional (in many ways).

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8

Forget the 70s.  Watch any Jane Austen adaptation (although the ones from the BBC during the 70s are quite something for mutton chops and 70s fashion).

• Like 3

I did like the lighter color on Jane. But the wig had too much hair and it made her face look really round, which I hadn't noticed before. The outfit wasn't flattering, but the color was pretty. I'm trying to be nice and find something positive to say.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 4

I saw a cardinal yesterday…do I need to finish this sentence?

Did Rudy say "hi" to you?

(I cannot believe I know the name of Jane's deceased family member!)

• Laugh 17

1 minute ago, Shaking My Head said:

I'll never understand why she let her hair grow.

Considering they make the before picture looking as hideous possible I’ll give her a pass. I’m sure her hair looks fine with & without a wig. All the models on the Q are beautiful. They are miles ahead of the models on HSN. That’s not to say the HSN models are ugly or anything but the girls on QVC look like actual models. If that makes sense.   

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

JRT is outta control

squealing, Jackijane-ing,  oh my gosh 

Not watching, but this made me laugh! 😂

I dislike the JackieJane thing and I don’t even remember how it started.  😩😁

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

8 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Not watching, but this made me laugh! 😂

I dislike the JackieJane thing and I don’t even remember how it started.  😩😁

I'm pretty sure it originated with Isaac. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

When did this clumpy, greasy, dirty hair look become the style of the moment?  MBR was sporting that look today when presenting JAI, and its not a good look, for anyone IMHO.  Skunky always looks greasy and so does Caro from time to time.  Even when I watch soap operas I see the actresses looking like they haven’t washed in weeks.  I can’t stand my hair if I don’t wash it every other day because it looks ratty.  So, anyone have any idea when this started?  Hope it wasn’t Wen. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 3

WEN?  HDTV?

I dislike the JAI guy, perhaps irrationally.  Perhaps because Jill luvved him so much.  Perhaps due to prices and products.  lol

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3

57 minutes ago, Shaking My Head said:

Stacy is a beautiful woman. Her hair always looks perfect at any length.

@ByaNose is correct in saying the Q stages ‘before’ pics to look like mug shots after a bar fight. 

The Q does looney stuff. A few weeks ago poor Stacy was made to model a tanning product. All I can say is, oy.

• Like 7
  • Surprise 2

On 6/6/2021 at 10:31 AM, BenchWarmer said:

…or, think of this as fake-out camo if your boobs are actually spilling out of the ruffled flutter sleeves (mentioning this for a friend)

I was thinking they would have to move those two round areas about 3 inches down for me!

• Laugh 6

On 6/6/2021 at 2:02 PM, RubberbandGirl said:

carolyn-pants-060621.gif

carolyn-pants-060621-02.gif

Still included for @Booney's consideration in the fashion poll.

1319588510_carolyndcopants060621.thumb.png.8b63f368dc18b750f432dba49d5e192f.png

Carolyn’s got some big balls for wearing those pants on national tv.  I’m sayin’ big. balls.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 17

8 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

027637B5-1948-4388-A624-F720264F62FA.jpeg.f639ff734b93b8290bce3bf6b250de11.jpegthen there’s Toni

You know why Toni looks good in all the wigs?  She’s had hers all cut and styled perfectly for her head and face. Hers would look much different if she just pulled one out of the box!

• Like 4
  • Useful 10

7 hours ago, Shaking My Head said:

Wait a minute! Wasn't it just a day or so ago that Stacy was modeling Denis Whatshisname's hair after using his shampoo/conditioner and it wasn't looking all bushy like that. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3

Information I said I'd post about new host Vanessa Herring, who got stuck with being the new "social host" [i.e., sidekick] for the Unshowered One on Dare to Share beauty.

According to her LinkedIn page, she has ten years' experience in TV news as a reporter, producer and anchor. Most recently she was a reporter with WBAL-TV11 in Baltimore MD, ending March 2020. She majored in Broadcast Journalism- Radio/TV News at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, graduating in 2009. She joined QVC as a host in April 2021.

Vanessa has had a beauty and lifestyle blog for several years, vanessaherring.com. So she comes into Dare to Share with some expertise. I think Mary Beth is her mentor, not sure, but they had a video together where Vanessa was thanking Mary Beth for helping her.

misc pics QVC Vanessa Herring QVC twitter shoes 6-08-21.jpg

Edited to remove photo that was not Vanessa.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

Vanessa has had a beauty and lifestyle blog for several years, vanessaherring.com. So she comes into Dare to Share with some expertise. I think Mary Beth is her mentor, not sure, but they had a video together where Vanessa was thanking Mary Beth for helping her.

misc pics QVC Vanessa Herring QVC twitter shoes 6-08-21.jpg

I know we've said this before but it bears repeating. Given all the new hosts who have bombed out in the past few years - and who were mentored by Mary Beth - why do they continue to use her as the host trainee mentor? I don't get it.

• Like 7
  • Useful 5

6 minutes ago, Booney said:

I know we've said this before but it bears repeating. Given all the new hosts who have bombed out in the past few years - and who were mentored by Mary Beth - why do they continue to use her as the host trainee mentor? I don't get it.

I seem to remember Kathy Levine as the lead trainer in the past. For the most part, her trainees were top quality. Many have weathered the long haul.

IIRC, MBR was anointed  appointed newbie head master after her car crash and head injury, which rendered her dingier than she already was. Due to memory lapses, her heretofore previous marathon TV time was greatly reduced. For a while, she displayed a split personality of good girl/ribald bad girl with a marginally offensive potty narrative.

It appeared the Q had a classic HR case of ‘what do we do with legacy Bell Cow now that she’s mental flotsam?’ MBR constantly referenced the accident. The Q didn’t need a major scandal involving the firing of every mindless Qustomer’s favorite dingbat...sooo, they ‘elevated’ her to new host trainer.

As the old saying goes, GIGO 

• Useful 1
  • Sad 4

12 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

She looked genuinely happy in this one though.6A64805B-C8C1-4085-AD04-47C489AF06FB.jpeg.d5e490fd51c6653c42523feee4ab74e2.jpeg

She's trying to channel Sharon Osbourne (Osbourne pulls it off .. JANE.. not so much)

Edited by Boston · Reason: forgot word
  • Laugh 10

4 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

You know why Toni looks good in all the wigs?  She’s had hers all cut and styled perfectly for her head and face. Hers would look much different if she just pulled one out of the box!

Sooo, why didn’t Q’s minions give Janie a beauty and sales boost by doing the same for her? Janie wore her examples like a Russian Cossack’s hat.

small voice: Toni would look good with a bedpan on her head…

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

misc pics QVC Vanessa Herring old photo blue dress FB 6-08-21.jpg

Where did you get that 2nd picture from?  I don't think that's Vanessa!

(I watched Vanessa as a reporter on WBAL for several years and that really does not look like her, like, at all!)

Edited by lovemesomejoolery

13 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Did Rudy say "hi" to you?

(I cannot believe I know the name of Jane's deceased family member!)

I do too🤣

• Laugh 7

11 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

I found it through Google Images. I tried to find it on her FB page, but since I'm not a member on FB, they kept blocking me when I tried to search her page.

misc pics QVC Vanessa Herring Google results facebook pict7ure 6-08-21.jpg

I searched the same way you did and see the picture you posed!  I am 95% sure that is not Vanessa.  There are several in Google images that come up like that and they're showing pictures of other reporters or anchors, as well as other people I don't recognize from the local news stations here, even though they say "Vanessa Herring Facebook".

• Useful 2

12 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I searched the same way you did and see the picture you posed!  I am 95% sure that is not Vanessa.  There are several in Google images that come up like that and they're showing pictures of other reporters or anchors, as well as other people I don't recognize from the local news stations here, even though they say "Vanessa Herring Facebook".

My reply post just disappeared into cyberspace!  Anyway, I guess that is not Vanessa. I never saw her on TV, as you did. I went back and edited out the photo from my original post about Vanessa.

• Useful 1

3 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

My reply post just disappeared into cyberspace!  Anyway, I guess that is not Vanessa. I never saw her on TV, as you did. I went back and edited out the photo from my original post about Vanessa.

Here's a pic of her from when she was introduced by Mary Beth.  She looks exactly like she did when she was here on the Baltimore news team.

image.png.9be43d60171b81812fbde3679b5caabc.png

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

F34FA5EF-06E4-491D-90DC-8C25C86D8633.thumb.jpeg.be64486efd8dc2dff47c8ca471d4fbb6.jpeg

MB’s smile is a bit strained, especially compared to Vanessa’s genuine one.

I wonder if MaryBeth’s “training” of new hosts is purposely lacking in order to protect her interests.

Could our pageant queen, the former Miss Teen Minnesota, be capable of such skullduggery?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 1

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.