Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

58 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

I remember when Leah got married briefly around the time she first started QVC. She was divorced within a year I believe and it was never discussed.  She spoke about her wedding and seemed happy to be married and then it abruptly ended and was very private about it like most of her personal life. 

I thought I'd check a couple of hosts` mortgages out to see if they were paid off quickly. (Wondering if bonuses were involved.) Came across Leah's. She and her husband took out a new mortgage a year ago, and he's  listed as living there with her. Curious.

• Useful 1
  • Surprise 3

4 minutes ago, Shaking My Head said:

I thought I'd check a couple of hosts` mortgages out to see if they were paid off quickly. (Wondering if bonuses were involved.) Came across Leah's. She and her husband took out a new mortgage a year ago, and he's  listed as living there with her. Curious.

Wow. Had no idea she remarried...

...although...

when a co- host asked if she’d be watching the Super Bowl, she said,

”Yes, because...you know.....”

The other host smiled and nodded.

I thought, hmmmm, maybe a man in her life?

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1

3 hours ago, BenchWarmer said:

Jane mamma June Audrey Hepburn shoe shopper has descended into potato sack housedress hell! 

Just when I thought fugly couldn’t get any fuglier...

Here she is, in all her house dress glory. They’re calling this a caftan?

2113026A-B90E-4BB9-A564-898D460690FF.thumb.jpeg.bcb949884a19ab7166c6e30d22706be6.jpeg

I think of caftans as longer and more flowy, like this one below. Much more elegant than the schlumpy Stan Herman version.

6773D808-4176-4E98-A773-0F1F29F5C237.thumb.png.d3c64935d0a5d5dee40a3971d44c6b2a.png

• Like 12
  • Laugh 3

Wow!  If Leah is remarried she should have a career in keeping national secrets or something!  Good for her and her privacy.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Booney said:

2113026A-B90E-4BB9-A564-898D460690FF.thumb.jpeg.bcb949884a19ab7166c6e30d22706be6.jpeg

I think of caftans as longer and more flowy, like this one below. Much more elegant than the schlumpy Stan Herman version.

Oh, it just needs an Obi belt.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 13

1 minute ago, Booney said:

6773D808-4176-4E98-A773-0F1F29F5C237.thumb.png.d3c64935d0a5d5dee40a3971d44c6b2a.png

Think Mrs. Roper from Three’s Company.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 9

Over 44, 000 people like Antonella's Facebook page.

Over 73, 000 people follow her page.

This could be her inner dialogue (if all of the facts she presented to the public are true):

"I amassed a huge following due to my time and popularity at QVC .  QVC did me wrong by firing me.  Why shouldn't I take what people want to offer?  If they want to give it, what's the harm?"

"Right, Ant.  A household of unemployed people, unclean bill of health, big money issues.  Don't feel guilty.  You are a worthy cause."

But questions remain:

Why the wait for chemo?  Time is of the essence with cancer.  Seems like some chemo fairy is just waiting for Ant to sail into a port of her choice to get her port.  No imperativeness that warranted expedited appointments?  This isn't hair.  This is your life.

Why doesn't she ask for financial assistance from family first before accepting a pot of gold from strangers?  Wasn't one of the reasons she bought her massive house to entertain her large family for holidays?  Can't they pool their funds to help their relative?  Maybe she was her clan's biggest breadwinner and gave to them.

None of this is my business, as I did not contribute to her coffers, but one cannot help but furrow one's brow at some of the strange goings on.

I still wish her well if she is ill and in dire straits.

• Like 6

Anyone watching the MAC cosmetics show?

Odd MAC rep with vampire-ish teeth seemingly tethered by giant rubber bands which are stretched when she opens her mouth wide.

Maybe dentures held in with rubber bands? Strange.

Or, could this be a jaw thing where her mouth flies open and her teeth shoot out if not tethered?

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 1

1 minute ago, BenchWarmer said:

Anyone watching the MAC cosmetics show?

Odd MAC rep with vampire-ish teeth seemingly tethered by giant rubber bands which are stretched when she opens her mouth wide.

Maybe dentures held in with rubber bands? Strange.

Wired jaw, maybe?

But then I would have guess that was the Algenist OAP.

• Laugh 4

42 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Over 44, 000 people like Antonella's Facebook page.

Over 73, 000 people follow her page.

This could be her inner dialogue (if all of the facts she presented to the public are true):

"I amassed a huge following due to my time and popularity at QVC .  QVC did me wrong by firing me.  Why shouldn't I take what people want to offer?  If they want to give it, what's the harm?"

"Right, Ant.  A household of unemployed people, unclean bill of health, big money issues.  Don't feel guilty.  You are a worthy cause."

But questions remain:

Why the wait for chemo?  Time is of the essence with cancer.  Seems like some chemo fairy is just waiting for Ant to sail into a port of her choice to get her port.  No imperativeness that warranted expedited appointments?  This isn't hair.  This is your life.

Why doesn't she ask for financial assistance from family first before accepting a pot of gold from strangers?  Wasn't one of the reasons she bought her massive house to entertain her large family for holidays?  Can't they pool their funds to help their relative?  Maybe she was her clan's biggest breadwinner and gave to them.

None of this is my business, as I did not contribute to her coffers, but one cannot help but furrow one's brow at some of the strange goings on.

I still wish her well if she is ill and in dire straits.

If each of her “likers” and “followers” sent her a $10 bill once-a-year...

I again ask, how long can this fantasy go on? Three people on a small boat 24/7/365 through storms and doldrums, love and discord, sickness and health, Italian tempers, no privacy, stress to produce media content, etc. The Kardashians they ain’t.  

I’m guessing there is more to this story than meets the eye. Thoughts of shaking down every fawner until every donating pocket is empty and coffers are full enough to build their dream grass shack? Conch beach bistro? Bed and breakfast?

Things don’t add up.  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

not a good look for her, she looks many sizes larger in it

I started watching Jane and Court but the squealing was too much 

The Gruesome Twosome

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy Courtney Khondabi wine glasses 5-21-21.jpg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Wow!  If Leah is remarried she should have a career in keeping national secrets or something!  Good for her and her privacy.

I apologize. That wasn't our Leah.  Ours bought her home in 2005 all by herself. Sorry!!!

Seeing pics of Antonella on the boat makes me think of being hot and tired. There's no air conditioning. It might be cool at night but during the day it's going to be muggy. I went on a weeklong cruise in my 20's. (It was a Barefoot Windjammer Cruise that looked like a pirate ship and had sails. No A/C) I remember feeling hot, sweaty, and grimy, even after having a shower twice a day. I don't want to imagine going through that plus Ant on chemo and not being able to get comfortable. I shake my head and some of the things she is doing but I wish her well.

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 7

Didn't a certain unwashed host have toe "cancer"? Maybe Antonella is suffering from a similar "cancer". Personally, I think it's a grift and there are suckers born every minute, as the saying goes.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

not a good look for her, she looks many sizes larger in it

I started watching Jane and Court but the squealing was too much 

This was the first time I watched the Jane & Courtney trainwreck.  As a rule, I like Courtney but tonight she was doing the pushy hard sell with the TSV (sure, go ahead buy four pair).  Perhaps she felt she had to keep talking, Jane kept interrupting with stupid stories  (how she texts with her bestie Courtney during product meetings & how Courtney's text make her laugh out loud!).  Jane trying so hard to be a "cool mom" to Courtney.  I see she's still deluded into thinking she's a size "small" with athletic calves! Good thing Courtney didn't take a sip of wine every time Jane said "this the only order of the year". She would have passed out in the first five minutes!

• Laugh 12
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Didn't a certain unwashed host have toe "cancer"? Maybe Antonella is suffering from a similar "cancer". Personally, I think it's a grift and there are suckers born every minute, as the saying goes.

I think she her cancer and is using it to get as much money as possible . 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

WOW. Philosophy rep Dara (formerly known as Dara-Wara for her habit of talking in baby talk way back in the day of Christina Carlino) has had a ton of work done on her face and possibly got some new teeth and has lost a lot of weight and has gotten some kind of strange High Hair thing going on and is virtually unrecognizable from her former self. Good? Bad? I don’t know. It just seems really weird. If Amy Stran had not said her name I would not have guessed that’s who it was.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Kathcart said:

WOW. Philosophy rep Dara (formerly known as Dara-Wara for her habit of talking in baby talk way back in the day of Christina Carlino) has had a ton of work done on her face and possibly got some new teeth and has lost a lot of weight and has gotten some kind of strange High Hair thing going on and is virtually unrecognizable from her former self. Good? Bad? I don’t know. It just seems really weird. If Amy Stran had not said her name I would not have guessed that’s who it was.

Whoever did whatever she had done did a really good job. She doesn’t look too tight and lifted. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, String Theory said:

This was the first time I watched the Jane & Courtney trainwreck.  As a rule, I like Courtney but tonight she was doing the pushy hard sell with the TSV (sure, go ahead buy four pair).  Perhaps she felt she had to keep talking, Jane kept interrupting with stupid stories  (how she texts with her bestie Courtney during product meetings & how Courtney's text make her laugh out loud!).  Jane trying so hard to be a "cool mom" to Courtney.  I see she's still deluded into thinking she's a size "small" with athletic calves! Good thing Courtney didn't take a sip of wine every time Jane said "this the only order of the year". She would have passed out in the first five minutes!

Jane really was tiny, back in the day. Here is a retro pic of her with an [unnamed] host on QVC in the early 1990s. I guess that slender body with pretty legs is still her self-image. (Screenshot from YouTube.)

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy retro 1990s 12, cropped, 4-29-21.jpg

• Like 3
  • Surprise 9

Not a natural pear after all then! 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

6 hours ago, Kathcart said:

I commented almost word-for-word on the other page...great minds...

Didn’t recognize her...

5 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Jane really was tiny, back in the day. Here is a retro pic of her with an [unnamed] host on QVC in the early 1990s. I guess that slender body with pretty legs is still her self-image. (Screenshot from YouTube.)

misc pics QVC Jane Treacy retro 1990s 12, cropped, 4-29-21.jpg

Magic mirror at home

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

she will be on non-stop today

the most boring product line ever,  

True.

Years ago I worked for a chemical company that made lotions and potions which were typically 95% water (or a suspension such as oil) and 5% active ingredients. Consumers would be shocked to know they are paying more for profit, packaging and transportation than for a miracle product. I cringe every time I see expensive “flavored” bath gels that are literally money down the drain.

• Like 4
  • Useful 5
  • Surprise 1

I haven't had much to say about the Antonella saga, but reading some of the comments I think of marauding pirates traveling up and down the East Coast in search of booty!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

18 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I haven't had much to say about the Antonella saga, but reading some of the comments I think of marauding pirates traveling up and down the East Coast in search of booty!

Can imagine a hobby or vacay; can’t imagine a 24/7/365 lifestyle.

We’re not talking mansion size mega yacht.

At what point does panhandling become a desperate, mirage seeking obsession to keep financially afloat? There’s no product to sell, only pied-piper adoration.

Lots of high-jinks occur on international high-seas.

I’m not inferring or implying...but look at Joe Esposito. Shocking. 

• Like 6
  • Surprise 1

19 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

The fact that she titles her videos by season and episode is indicator that she is literally making this a show !

She has no limit to what she will do for money .    So so tacky !

Speaking of episodes - Antonella posted a video yesterday complete with dramatic music !  The drama of the attempt  to make a turn when a navy ship was close by and the navy police were telling them to stay clear of the boat !  Oh the suspense!!!  Compete with Antonella narrating things about the possibility of the police stopping them !  I wonder if her son who looks like a pirate who took over the boat produced it in his spare time between Coronas and sleeping!   It was actually titled "episode 3".  
Look like the video was made as they were sailing to dock for Ant to get her port inserted .

The video of her pulling down her blouse while she is medicated after the port placement to show us the incision was interesting too! Not to mention the picture of her bare chest when she is obviously still in a hospital bed! Lucky she wasn't able to post pictures of her naked  breasts after lump removal ! 

I will never understand anyone needing so much attention or money that they share so much personal information! 

• Like 4
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

12 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

No membership level for the cat?

1994908496_antpatreon01.thumb.JPG.45e69b222804f3937835e7bc7e530860.JPG

OMG!  They truly are grifters ! 

• Like 5
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

49 minutes ago, snowydaze said:

The video of her pulling down her blouse while she is medicated after the port placement to show us the incision was interesting too! Not to mention the picture of her bare chest when she is obviously still in a hospital bed! Lucky she wasn't able to post pictures of her naked  breasts after lump removal !

Oh my! Where was that posted? I’ve been on her FB and Youtube and did not see that. That is unbelievable! 

Something else I didn’t see mentioned here... Not that long ago, on one of her videos she let her “Bookers” know that she was going to take their advice and not stay on the boat for the chemo treatments. She was going to use the $ from the GoFundMe and stay in a hotel, thanks to them. Well, a few people posted on FB that she should have been contacted by her hospital co-ordinator, because there is a place called Hope Lodge outside of Phil. that is free for cancer patients and their families. They supply meals, lodging, transportation and support for the patient and family, all with no charge. So why is she using people’s SS payments, stimulus checks etc. to pay for a hotel? I would bet anything it is a luxury hotel for the 3 of them. I didn’t see any reply from her about Hope Lodge.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 6

3 minutes ago, Micmac said:

Oh my! Where was that posted? I’ve been on her FB and Youtube and did not see that. That is unbelievable!

It's in the Antonella Nester Booker Fan Club on Facebook.

• Useful 2

5 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

It's in the Antonella Nester Booker Fan Club on Facebook.

Thanks! I guess that’s a private group?

• Useful 1

20 hours ago, Micmac said:

Something else I didn’t see mentioned here... Not that long ago, on one of her videos she let her “Bookers” know that she was going to take their advice and not stay on the boat for the chemo treatments. She was going to use the $ from the GoFundMe and stay in a hotel, thanks to them. Well, a few people posted on FB that she should have been contacted by her hospital co-ordinator, because there is a place called Hope Lodge outside of Phil. that is free for cancer patients and their families. They supply meals, lodging, transportation and support for the patient and family, all with no charge. So why is she using people’s SS payments, stimulus checks etc. to pay for a hotel? I would bet anything it is a luxury hotel for the 3 of them. I didn’t see any reply from her about Hope Lodge.

Yes, all cancer  treatment centers work with patients to pay for  lodging end treatment since many need to come from out of town. I was lucky my treatment was in the city of the suburb where I live. I was also lucky to be able to work from home , but that also was not always easy after a treatment.

She obviously has insurance or her ex coworker in her live chat wouldn't have said that the GoFundMe existed since insurance doesn't pay for everything !  Antonella gave the more gross details of bowel and pee movements after surgery, and shows her bare chest , there is no way she'd not mention she was not insured for more donations ! 
Again , employers don't have those who are fired sign non-compete and non-disclosure agreements which she admitted to having until August 2021  for nothing in exchange ! 

The fact that the Patreon was to provide booze and fun shows that this family was not worried about starting an expensive hobby while everyone is unemployed!  They just hit the lottery by using a cancer diagnosis to get extra money .  
 I saw people who couldn't afford boots in the winter when they had to go to radiation every day ! They also couldn't rent a car like Antonella's family is doing , hang out on the beach and eat expensive  seafood!  

What cancer patient and their family wouldn't like a carefree vacation for months before treatments and not have to work ?  But everyday,  cancer patients are dragging themselves to work , or their family members are doing so to pay for health insurance while either going through treatment or helping a family member !  
Sorry for the rant , but this is too much!

Edited by marmalade
  • Like 14

Way too much time and energy being wasted on Ant and her saga. 
PURE opera, IMO. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BenchWarmer said:

Can imagine a hobby or vacay; can’t imagine a 24/7/365 lifestyle.

We’re not talking mansion size mega yacht.

At what point does panhandling become a desperate, mirage seeking obsession to keep financially afloat? There’s no product to sell, only pied-piper adoration.

Lots of high-jinks occur on international high-seas.

I’m not inferring or implying...but look at Joe Esposito. Shocking. 

You got me curious.

Wow. I guess the interchangeable jewelry business was not as lucrative as one would have thought.

I wonder if Just Jill knows. They were very good friends, you know.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2017/11/23/ex-qvc-vendor-esposito-arrested-in-pot-case/amp/

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1

53 minutes ago, Micmac said:

Thanks! I guess that’s a private group?

Yes. You can join, but they throw you out for misbehaving.

• Laugh 6

Gourmet Holiday

Wild About Bread

Rachel (slicing a loaf of bread like a lumberjack having some resistance sawing through a three foot thick tree trunk) : "Claudia is from the Midwest.  I'm from the Midwest.  MaryBeth is from the Midwest."

Great!  I'm not.  Will I still be capable of baking this bread from an Eastern seaboard point of view?

MaryBeth:  "I didn't think I could do this.  My kids got annoyed with me." 

Realizing it was simple:  "I think I'm going to bake bread for a living."

• Laugh 11

Mary Beth:

”These are ham and cheese that we call ham and cheese.”

• Like 1
  • Laugh 14
  • Surprise 1

Antonella's GFM donations total is $105,000 as of today.

• Useful 1
  • Surprise 7
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, snowydaze said:

Speaking of episodes - Antonella posted a video yesterday complete with dramatic music !  The drama of the attempt  to make a turn when a navy ship was close by and the navy police were telling them to stay clear of the boat !  Oh the suspense!!!  Compete with Antonella narrating things about the possibility of the police stopping them !  I wonder if her son who looks like a pirate who took over the boat produced it in his spare time between Coronas and sleeping!   It was actually titled "episode 3".  
Look like the video was made as they were sailing to dock for Ant to get her port inserted .

I will never understand anyone needing so much attention or money that they share so much personal information! 

Ant and her man boy pirate locked up in a Navy brig sure would make an exciting episode. *I hear Victory at Sea roaring to a crashing crescendo as an overdub*

I wonder how effective the chest** reveal was in bumping up donations.

*Richard Rogers

**In this instance a treasure chest

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

3 hours ago, CandyApple said:

You got me curious.

Wow. I guess the interchangeable jewelry business was not as lucrative as one would have thought.

I wonder if Just Jill knows. They were very good friends, you know.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2017/11/23/ex-qvc-vendor-esposito-arrested-in-pot-case/amp/

Thanks for looking this up @CandyApple! I'm actually kind of surprised but not surprised!! I loved Esposito's jewelry and two of my favorite earrings are from his collection. Jilly adored Joe.  Wonder what she's thinking?  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/21/2021 at 10:08 AM, marmalade said:

Maybe two people who had a dream of retirement on a yacht and  are in their fifties should have planned and  downsized when buying a home .  Their children are grown and moved out . Buying a home that is over 6000 feet , with an elevator, worth over $900,000 is a strange thing to do!  
Then again it seems like Antonella , her husband and her grown son don't seem like the think ahead or use much caution when doing things .  That's their prerogative, but asking others to fund you when you have other options is shady.

My dream of retirement was always buying an RV and driving around the country. My wife likes to remind me that I don't like driving our regular car, let alone some massive RV. And I also prefer hotels. So perhaps our "dreams" aren't always realistic. That being said. I don't know what Ant's health issues really are. But health issues can totally mess with your judgement.

I wish her well. And her family. Mostly her husband. If she is indeed ill, that's going to be horrific for him. That is my biggest fear in life. More so than anything that happens to me.

Edited by Captain Bob
  • Like 12

21 hours ago, BenchWarmer said:

if she is ill and in dire straits.

That's where I am - in IFville.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 2

The way Rachel punches up her "I"s goes through my head like a scalpel during brain surgery, before the anesthesia has fully kicked in (I'm guessing).

I wonder if the hosts ever watch tapes of themselves on air.  They should.

I had the feeling that Our Lady of Perpetual Anonymity has a fully filled library of her archived shows that she watches admiringly while wearing Oscar worthy gowns.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Laugh 7

42 minutes ago, Captain Bob said:

My dream of retirement was always buying an RV and driving around the country. My wife likes to remind me that I don't like driving our regular car, let alone some massive RV. And I also prefer hotels. So perhaps our "dreams" aren't always realistic. That being said. I don't know what Ant's health issues really are. But health issues can totally mess with your judgement.

I wish her well. And her family. Mostly her husband. If she is indeed ill, that's going to be horrific for him. That is my biggest fear in life. More so than anything that happens to me.

It would be awful , but then again I wonder about a husband who had this dream about living on a boat and didn't postpone his fantasy life for his wife's cancer treatment.  

• Like 8

Saw QVC has a new host.   Wonder who she replaced or are they getting ready to boot someone.  

16 minutes ago, shopping queen said:

Saw QVC has a new host.   Wonder who she replaced or are they getting ready to boot someone.  

Not one new host but three.  Monifa (rhymes with Monica), Vanessa (who is likely going to get pigeonholed into beauty shows), and Rosina.  Monifa is ahead of the other two in getting on-air time, but they've all been doing videos for the website and social media.

• Like 1

I don't know what's going on with this dress that Jennifer is wearing, but the top portion doesn't look great on her.  While I can appreciate her desire to maybe not show us what's doing (or not doing) in the chest area, it just looks ill fitting.  Too small, maybe?

Jennifer3.jpg

jennifer 2.jpg

Jennifer:  You like me!  You really Like me!

jennifer.jpg

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 8

“I appreciate you” is the new “Have a nice day” in Qville. Sincerity doesn’t count.

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I don't know what's going on with this dress that Jennifer is wearing, but the top portion doesn't look great on her.  While I can appreciate her desire to maybe not show us what's doing (or not doing) in the chest area, it just looks ill fitting.  Too small, maybe?

Jennifer3.jpg

jennifer 2.jpg

Jennifer:  You like me!  You really Like me!

jennifer.jpg

It looks like she has bandaged some cracked ribs. Very tight and not flattering at all.

• Like 5

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.