Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Wow!  Double wow!  Isaac got a sweet deal. No wonder he keeps telling 🦨 how much he loves her. For that much money, he will love everybody at QVC.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 10

14 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Courtney said that tonight is the first time her family thought her job was "cool." 

tells you alot.probably why she constantly has work done to her face.always worrying what other people think.she's in her early 30's and still crying for mommy and daddy's approval.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

16 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Kendy K. on Shop HQ (exclaiming delight at some shoe):  "Ho-lee buckets!"

This brings to mind Albany's signature "Oh my stars and garters!"

Buckets, and stars, and garters.  Oh my!

Which conjures up an image of David crying out, "Oh, my word!"

Then Kendy says she has big, healthy, German thighs ("but a tiny wrist", says her producer).

This keeping up with the shopping tv personalities is rotting my brain.

But like the COVID pandemic, we're all in this together.😜

Here's another "my my my" from Joe Kenda.

C-VQ-K4FMgDoDsRtItCeCiyDy9bbsMd661F0rK51

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

I have a sneaking suspicion that Mary the Fun Baker has never baked a cookie in her life.

And curses like a sailor.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

5 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

Here's another "my my my" from Joe Kenda.

C-VQ-K4FMgDoDsRtItCeCiyDy9bbsMd661F0rK51

I love Joe!

• Like 3

I had to go take a peek @CandyApple. 😅
8F18A03A-AC17-4979-AE88-052BC245E1A1.gif.80dd515938e07eccf4f4d556687eddc6.gif

anybody remember this episode of dick van dyke?
The Empress Carlotta necklace 

FA7654B9-A47F-4C3E-BA66-7864CCB61E8D.jpeg.52f085892b3f4801c12c34f0e7569dc7.jpeg

3778F184-0CE6-48B8-AA1D-01DB25D32975.jpeg

Edited by From Where I Sit · Reason: Misspelled Dick, Sick
  • Laugh 9

7 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

8F18A03A-AC17-4979-AE88-052BC245E1A1.gif.80dd515938e07eccf4f4d556687eddc6.gif

anybody remember this episode of dick van dyke?
The Empress Carlotta necklace 

FA7654B9-A47F-4C3E-BA66-7864CCB61E8D.jpeg.52f085892b3f4801c12c34f0e7569dc7.jpeg

3778F184-0CE6-48B8-AA1D-01DB25D32975.jpeg

This knockoff version is the "I Like Hearts A Lotta".

Edited by CandyApple
  • Laugh 5

35 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

A statement necklace, if ever there was one.

The statement:  "I will not be ignored." 

Alternate statement:  "I need the name of a good physical therapist for this aching neck."

Please see video, with model in purple dress, for full effect:

https://www.jtv.com/product/gold-tone-heart-charm-necklace-and-earring-set/OPC980

That necklace is from the Off Park collection. Everything in that collection is big, bold and heavy. I like their pins and have a few, but I can only wear them in the winter, because you need a thick sweater or coat lapel to keep the pins from drooping and pulling your clothes crooked.

JTV also has a line called  Moda al Massimo, gold plated bronze jewelry in classic Italian styles. The OAP is a charming Italian man, and I love listening to him speak. But this jewelry is big and heavy too. I saw a necklace that I liked from the website photo, until I read the description in the dropdown under Jewelry Attributes. The necklace weighs 89 grams!  Nope, nope, nope.

• Useful 5

3 hours ago, CandyApple said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Mary the Fun Baker has never baked a cookie in her life.

...and that’s why she’s so much fun

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

9 hours ago, CandyApple said:

That’s when she’s not demanding to speak to the manager. 

• Laugh 6

Ali Carr with Basso is a hot mess. You can tell Ali works late nights with few OAPs. She and Basso are constantly talking over each other; neither are heard in the cacophony of noise. 

Unwatchable. 

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

OAP for the trash can TSV was struggling a bit on the launch with Leah. Lots of hesitation and awkward silences where Leah was obviously expecting her to speak or give info but she didn’t. Not good. 
However by the end of the day and a stint ITKWD she’ll probably be a superstar 😐

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 6

At least there are 4 colors for David to fuss over.

Watch out when he tosses the trash can off the set.

• Laugh 12

6 hours ago, Burly said:

OAP for the trash can TSV was struggling a bit on the launch with Leah. Lots of hesitation and awkward silences where Leah was obviously expecting her to speak or give info but she didn’t. Not good. 
However by the end of the day and a stint ITKWD she’ll probably be a superstar 😐

The OAP is still "struggling" with Terri. Still more of the same awkward silences, delays and hesitations.  Terri is doing all the talking and pretty much carrying the entire presentation.

451850421_Screenshot2021-05-1912_52_11PM.png.12bfb6aab4457cf843fb40597a5ea89d.png

Edited by mpeeps
  • Sad 4

I was going to ask why the ubiquitous Melissa Flemming Epps wasn't presenting the trash can, but I see now it's a knock off of the Simple Human trash can that she reps. Cheaper. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

21 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

that lounge dress make CAro look like she is visiting from the Catskills, in 1960

those dresses have their place but it's not doing her any favors 

This is one instance where a jean jacket would improve her look.  Where are those ubiquitous jj's when they are really needed???

ETA:  She has one on now😂

Edited by Friday · Reason: Update!
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

47 minutes ago, Friday said:

This is one instance where a jean jacket would improve her look.  Where are those ubiquitous jj's when they are really needed???

ETA:  She has one on now😂

I thought the same thing about the jean jacket. When I saw her in the dress alone, it reminded me of the house dresses my late mother used to wear back in the day (she called them “shifts”). With the jean jacket though, Caro looks okay.

BCE55AD6-8EBD-4B7C-A498-38C2DF0970BF.thumb.jpeg.d77241e1f3e1c30a15a53cee786f186d.jpeg

I had to laugh - she couldn’t resist a model-feet pose.

000AE45A-F284-4599-9261-B3859927DF5C.thumb.jpeg.0c4f1edc6fba8131443d29e08bec23ad.jpeg

And she tried out a new, casual model-feet look.

E48D314D-6E4F-40F5-B928-5043018381AB.thumb.jpeg.0e32cbd564ecafcbb4da35c14ecbb45f.jpeg

• Laugh 14

Ant update (plus editorial comments):

Headed up to Maryland on the boat to get port placed for chemo.  Seems like a long time to wait with a diagnosis of cancer months ago.

Cat won't stay inside the boat and struts along the deck, hopefully incident-free.

Her son looks like a pirate (of Penzance).  I thought he hijacked their yacht.

Discussions of where you go to the bathroom on a boat were answered (or what happens with the remains of the day, so to speak).  Goofy giggles ensue.

The sea and sky views were beautiful, but  if I were Ant, I would worry about feeling sick on the water.

She still seems in good spirits.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 4

Thank you for the update about Ant. I’m curious, but not enough to click on her channel to help her generate revenue. I feel bad for her, as I would anyone who has/had cancer, but I get the impression she’s trying to cash in on her success at QVC. I don’t find her to be a friend—rather someone who’s trying to take advantage of former viewers. I felt that way before the cancer diagnosis, so nothing has really changed my opinion. The whole boat adventure is odd given her circumstances. I have to wonder if she’s putting it all out there in hopes of a reality show or something. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
  • Sad 2

If not for all the oddness about Antonella's panhandling fund raising etc., I could probably watch the videos of them at sea, so to speak.

As for their son...one look and I think I might know why he isn't employed.  Antonella and her husband are trying to come off as if they don't know a whole lot about what they're doing, but I have to believe that is a ruse.  Sailing a rig such as that without a whole lot of knowledge about it would be certifiable in my view.

Most chill kitty ever.  Mine would have leapt off the side just to end their panic.  I'm a bit angry that she doesn't keep it in a life vest, or maybe inside the cabin?  Do.not.like.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 1

15 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

If not for all the oddness about Antonella's panhandling fund raising etc., I could probably watch the videos of them at sea, so to speak.

As for their son...one look and I think I might know why he isn't employed.  Antonella and her husband are trying to come off as if they don't know a whole lot about what they're doing, but I have to believe that is a ruse.  Sailing a rig such as that without a whole lot of knowledge about it would be certifiable in my view.

Most chill kitty ever.  Mine would have leapt off the side just to end their panic.  I'm a bit angry that she doesn't keep it in a life vest, or maybe inside the cabin?  Do.not.like.

She said she cannot keep the cat inside, or in a life vest.  And she or he loves the water.

I was getting nervous, too, watching that water rushing by, but, as they say:  cats rule.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

OK, America, stay calm.

David will now commence with eating live and in person.

In the fridge I have pork dumplings from a Chinese restaurant that I really ought to eat.  Could do so in solidarity when the potstickers show up.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 14

9 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

OK, America, stay calm.

David will now commence with eating live and in person.

In the fridge I have pork dumplings from a Chinese restaurant that I really ought to eat.  Could do so in solidarity when the potstickers show up.

I’m going to stick with Amy on Q2, I couldn’t stand the excitement of  ..Diva stuffing his face. 😱

• Laugh 10

Is Julia allowed to eat?  Or just David?

I take it is like the tapping on colors:  know your role, stand back, and watch how it is done by David. 

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

20 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Is Julia allowed to eat?  Or just David?

I take it is like the tapping on colors:  know your role, stand back, and watch how it is done by David. 

He hasn't eaten anything yet, but both he and Julia have said it's only going to be him.

And here we go:  M-73198, the Delizioso Desserts Individual Dessert Jars.

• Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

Oh for God’s sake, the huge deal they’re making out of “David’s First Bite” is beyond ridiculous. And how many times does he have to tell us that he’s fully vaccinated, the spoon is sterilized, everything has been prepared “with the greatest safety and care”...Blech. Anyway, here’s the dancing bear scarfing a dessert in a jar, complete with orgasmic facial expressions.

5E0DBED1-4141-4C82-9C5A-FBCFE84E24A6.thumb.jpeg.0fe1c5f58ce824fb98470a7e5d589b9b.jpeg

57F47812-4467-48F3-BE51-0B5DE1E834BB.thumb.jpeg.950b841a00ed932b4e4d52e46b42450f.jpeg

• Laugh 10
  • Sad 7

That first tasting was a bit over the top.  Just a smidge.  A little.  OK, a lot.

(Decided to edit out part of the original comment because it really was kinda mean.)

• Laugh 5

Oh My Word!  (and no, that's not something I say normally, but it's a Davidism that is more "clean" than what I really want to say!)

Watching David eat is as stupid and gross now as it was a year ago!  Maybe more so.  It's just food, for crying out loud!

• Like 6
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Holy Crap!  Did he just perform brain surgery live on air?!  That's the impression I get:  sterilized, abundance of caution.....what a joke.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 10

What I don't get is that they've been having hosts taste wine out of real wine glasses and other beverages out of regular mugs or glasses and now all of a sudden David needs to use a compostable paper cup to drink bone broth.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

Pathetic. 
Haven’t missed the food orgasms in all this time. Can’t wait for Alberti’s first   🤦‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

Alberti has been "moo"ing (at least that's what it sounds like) just when he sees food.

It's almost like they are promoting some strange kind of voyeurism by teasing us with watching what seems like intimacy with delicacies.

Anything for ratings and purchases.

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 2

2.30am here. Insomnia 😣. So after some tossing and turning I switched it on to find I missed The Big Eat. 

Now it’s a mezzaluna. In any other language, a very difficult to use knife. 

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

Is that woman doing the ridiculous UV water bottle the one who was once known as “one pan Nan”?

• Useful 1

1 minute ago, Burly said:

Is that woman doing the ridiculous UV water bottle the one who was once known as “one pan Nan”?

Yes, that's her:  Nan Kelley.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

“I hope tonight we have a crock for you”

You certainly did David. You certainly did. 💩 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 15

No potstickers in the show.

I shall have pork dumplings in the fridge for breakfast, then.  As far as I know there is nothing in the US Code that makes consuming such items for breakfast an illegal act.

(He only consumed two items:  The bone broth and the Delizioso Desserts.)

He actually made mention at the end of the show about his happy dancing and the yum-yum face and googly eyes and to me he strongly implied he knows there are people who make fun of it.  But he prefers to think of the Happy Dance as a form of optimism.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

Deacon Dave just took us all to church. 
Can I get an “Amen”? 😇

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

1 hour ago, Booney said:

Oh for God’s sake, the huge deal they’re making out of “David’s First Bite” is beyond ridiculous. And how many times does he have to tell us that he’s fully vaccinated, the spoon is sterilized, everything has been prepared “with the greatest safety and care”...Blech. Anyway, here’s the dancing bear scarfing a dessert in a jar, complete with orgasmic facial expressions.

5E0DBED1-4141-4C82-9C5A-FBCFE84E24A6.thumb.jpeg.0fe1c5f58ce824fb98470a7e5d589b9b.jpeg

57F47812-4467-48F3-BE51-0B5DE1E834BB.thumb.jpeg.950b841a00ed932b4e4d52e46b42450f.jpeg

And while he's making a fool of himself with his happy dance, he's  thinking "Big bucks, big bucks!"

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

That was some concluding sermon!

How does one convert to ITKWDism?

Buy the crock?  (Disappointed that there were no potstickers.)

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

I have not missed the on-air eating one itsy bitsy teeny weeny bit. 

I have liked Kim Gravel about 100% more when she's been Skyping in than when she was in the studio, shrieking at the top of her lungs. She even toned down her makeup quite a bit, or so it seemed. I will not be happy to see her back in the studio when they all come back. 

I would ten thousand times rather watch Susan Motormouth “Literally a Liquid” Graver from home because of her adorable dog who keeps coming into camera range and stealing the show.

Just stumbled upon OAPs doing their own shows without a host over on Q2. I like it! Although the Peace Love World lady seemed a little iffy, she was also interested in giving us actual information about her items rather than blathering about her dead relatives or trying to impress us with her glorious life.

And surprise of surprises, I am finding GILI Jill Martin halfway watchable when there is nobody there with her but her mom. She is talking like a regular person, not the stupid airheaded celebrity stalker/namedropper she used to come across as.

They had a TRASH CAN for a TSV? ?????

• Like 5
  • Laugh 5

Random QVC thought:

Which hosts have pleaded poverty?

From start to seniority, it is still somewhat of a mystery the salaries hosts earn, but I am assuming they do well for themselves.

Yet there are some for which it is simply not enough.

Broccoli Queen claims to have been financially ruined by the adoption process, though she had been gainfully employed as a newsperson prior to this hosting gig, and always seems to have the in-laws waiting in the wings as benefactors.  Are they paying her in 8Greens instead of greenbacks?

Just Jill has posted pics of her (second) vacation house, saying that she had to redo it on a budget.  And in her PA home's "40 year old kitchen", she could only replace a backsplash and now, yay, the cabinets, because she does not have the budget for an entire renovation.  Maybe she truly was doing it all for us, not the money, as she has stated.

Ant's situation went from bad to worse, due to health issues and husband also becoming unemployed.  She got on the Patreon bandwagon soon after termination from QVC, asking for a dollar in exchange for a recipe.  Maybe having an elevator installed in a home puts a lot of hurt on the finances.  Perhaps it even came with a professional liftman.

Interesting how Our Lady of Perpetual Anonymity never complained about finances and lives high on the hog.  But she is a swinging single who feasts on inexpensive cauliflower and seems to be responsible only for herself.

Maybe we should be grateful for Jane's family stories and glad she doesn't tell us that she is slowly but surely going into hock from her monthly visits to Disney World with her clone crew.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 3

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.