Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Recommended Posts


2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Did you report your problem in the Bugs forum? Maybe they can help. 

I have, thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'll say it before and I'll say it again:  Isaac as a Project Runway judge would rip to shreds some of the stuff he supposedly creates for QVC.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I have heard about the  flaws in both of them, but I still enjoy both!

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Using the Amber Alert in relation to clothing is almost as bad as the other genius QVC vendor that used Sophie's Choice to describe the dilemna of picking one color over the other of her rags.

Maybe they are just ignorant, have a rotten sense of humor, or are simply total a-holes.

None are attractive qualities, IMO.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 9
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I have heard about the  flaws in both of them, but I still enjoy both!

I once missed crossing paths with Tim Gunn by mere minutes and was grateful because it was a not-a-stellar-effort day.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

52 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I have heard about the  flaws in both of them, but I still enjoy both!

That's a good way to look at it. Everyone has flaws. That doesn't mean I have to cancel them from my viewing list. I still watch some of Isaac's shows on the Q. 

Having said that, I choose to NOT watch Lisa Rinna. I don't want to give her a moment of my time. 

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I like canceling people if they irk me to the point of anger.

As Bobby Brown said, "It's my prerogative".

I also do not watch Lisa Rinna.  And not just because I have to change the aspect of the picture to fit her lips on my screen.

 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Proselytizing makes me very uncomfortable 

if someone gave me a scripture card I would not like that,

not everyone is like minded,  

what do you all think, this is about CCB scripture cards 

 

 

I'd be offended. I'm shopping for secular products, not for spiritual assistance. If I wanted Bible merchandise, I'd go directly to one of the websites that specializes in those products.

It's very presumptuous of CCB to do this. She has no clue what religious beliefs are held by the people who order her QVC products. Or if they are even religious at all, for that matter.

Even JTV doesn't send out religious literature with the Christian religion-oriented items they sell: crosses, prayer boxes (little sterling boxes, like lockets, with some loose gemstones inside), and things like necklaces and bracelets engraved with the words "blessed," "faith," etc. Two of their hosts, sisters Wendy and Heidi Williams, often speak of their Christian religion during their shows, but they don't do it in a pushy way. In past years when Michael Paolercio of Michael Anthony jewelry (Anthony is his younger brother) did a lot of gold shows on HSN, he sold a lot of Catholic-themed religious jewelry. He spoke about his religion a lot, but he didn't proselytize to the customers either.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Using the Amber Alert in relation to clothing is almost as bad as the other genius QVC vendor that used Sophie's Choice to describe the dilemna of picking one color over the other of her rags.

Maybe they are just ignorant, have a rotten sense of humor, or are simply total a-holes.

None are attractive qualities, IMO.

 

 

 

 

GMTA

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Thumper said:

I see it akin to the Bibles, including “talking bibles” they sell or used to sell.

Not crazy about it, but I’m sure a lot of the Q ladies will like it.

I totally see this as CCB’s idea of “evangelizing” for the masses.  

Masses of dollars in the bank, y'all!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

16 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Gunn takes on designer Isaac Mizrahi, calling him a spoiled snob. He explained to the Daily News, 'Oh, please, I was so kind to him.

With this self congratulatory statement....

I will take what TG says about IM with a grain of salt...

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

My feelings about Isaac Mizrahi are less about what Tim Gunn says and more about what has come out of the horse's mouth itself while on QVC.

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, CandyApple said:

other genius QVC vendor that used Sophie's Choice to describe the dilemna of picking one color over the other of her rags.

I missed that - can you say who it was? Unbelievable.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I missed that - can you say who it was? Unbelievable.

LoGo

  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

oh boy "nutsy has been locked in my dressing room for 2 weeks
 

"I'm b-a-a-a-c-k!!  Did you all miss me?"

Not exactly, Carolyn....

  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

Wondering why Q thinks it necessary to bring hosts’ families into show themes. Does it make a difference to you, as consumers, whether you hear the hosts’ family history and see their family photos? Isn’t Jane Treacy’s family history and 8mm films enough for one channel?

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Wondering why Q thinks it necessary to bring hosts’ families into show themes. Does it make a difference to you, as consumers, whether you hear the hosts’ family history and see their family photos? Isn’t Jane Treacy’s family history and 8mm films enough for one channel?

Not only does it make no difference, it actually turns me off. I want to see products presented professionally, not families, stupid questions of the day or other ridiculous time fillers. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, kittygirl said:

Not only does it make no difference, it actually turns me off. I want to see products presented professionally, not families, stupid questions of the day or other ridiculous time fillers. 

I guess there’s not much to say when you’re selling crap?

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, hummingbird said:

not really she doesn't have kids, so therefore no connection with the actual meaning 

I don't either, but I have seen the movie. Her comment was incredibly offensive and disgusting.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, kittygirl said:

Not only does it make no difference, it actually turns me off. I want to see products presented professionally, not families, stupid questions of the day or other ridiculous time fillers. 

Wishing twirling fruit salad would knock off the dead family stories. Creepy. Crappy. Click-worthy. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Jilly B did another live show on fb selling stuff (from her beach house because it was quiet).  She said it's a small business with a staff of three including her husband and she's doing this for us!

20210512_122605.thumb.jpg.3b3d2bd6d76e56dcae2922b8dc850fec.jpg20210512_122712.thumb.jpg.cc5611c036ff6a1c9eb10eb1fdcb403c.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Jilly B did another live show on fb selling stuff (from her beach house because it was quiet).  She said it's a small business with a staff of three including her husband and she's doing this for us!

20210512_122605.thumb.jpg.3b3d2bd6d76e56dcae2922b8dc850fec.jpg20210512_122712.thumb.jpg.cc5611c036ff6a1c9eb10eb1fdcb403c.jpg

Oh how sweet, and she doesn’t even know me. 😏

  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post

I really hope MBR isn't the new host Vanessa's mentor!!!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/12/2021 at 12:32 PM, mpeeps said:

Jilly B did another live show on fb selling stuff (from her beach house because it was quiet).  She said it's a small business with a staff of three including her husband and she's doing this for us!

20210512_122605.thumb.jpg.3b3d2bd6d76e56dcae2922b8dc850fec.jpg

Jill: (Beaming while speaking to her social media person about seeing people's comments on her FB Live page) "Look how far little Just Jill Bauer has come!"

If you say so, Jill. 

She's always been her own horn tooter.

I hope the rest of her journey just involves selling stuff and not herself.

 

"The Jill" (🙄) Ecclissi Bali style watch is beautiful. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=322161182615065&set=pcb.322163662614817

 

 

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

A pair of jeans that state “i AM HAPPY”...

I am so tired of all this self affirmation BS I could scream. 

In the mid 70s in SF Bay Area there was a radio station with call letters FOX. They started selling t-shirts with those across the chest. I remember then, thinking, if you have to display it...you ain’t “it” 

This PLW chick is beyond PT Barnum. She’s Elmer Gantry. 🤦‍♀️

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

I really hope MBR isn't the new host Vanessa's mentor!!!

I've gotten the sense that while MBR is still involved in host training and quite possibly selection (she admitted at the end of the TSV show that she was at Terri Conn's audition), the mentoring of new hosts is largely being left to others.  I recall mentions of Kerstin and Rachel being mentors in the past.

  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MzBrooklyn said:

A pair of jeans that state “i AM HAPPY”

For me, it would have to include "that I fit into these jeans".

  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post

These are others I know from social media postings:

Sandra mentored Courtney Khondabi 

Leah mentored Katrina 

Kerstin mentored Courtney Webb and Kristine Zell

  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

"Me and Kerstin are the most summer-timeiest girls around cause we're both from California!"

Ugh.....and Ginger might have something to say about this..

  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post

Frick and Frack. I haven’t seen these two host together since those very awkward Saturday Morning Q shows before Alberti was chosen as Kerstin’s permanent co-host.

4FD90AD5-73AB-44E9-B0D9-3148AD72BA67.thumb.jpeg.06ffb676fafa424e5d100f821a2740c3.jpeg

Carolyn’s top is not at all flattering.

4205E742-814D-489C-AE0D-CB24D4842285.thumb.jpeg.2b954faf7fbf1336057d4ae4f05165fd.jpeg

54BDE883-8D86-4A01-8D72-C3E6BC3D1DAC.thumb.jpeg.7407b31cefc61083046c2af7bf9775da.jpeg

  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 6
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, Booney said:

Frick and Frack. I haven’t seen these two host together since those very awkward Saturday Morning Q shows before Alberti was chosen as Kerstin’s permanent co-host.

4FD90AD5-73AB-44E9-B0D9-3148AD72BA67.thumb.jpeg.06ffb676fafa424e5d100f821a2740c3.jpeg

Carolyn’s top is not at all flattering.

4205E742-814D-489C-AE0D-CB24D4842285.thumb.jpeg.2b954faf7fbf1336057d4ae4f05165fd.jpeg

54BDE883-8D86-4A01-8D72-C3E6BC3D1DAC.thumb.jpeg.7407b31cefc61083046c2af7bf9775da.jpeg

 

The pattern on Caro's top, and the way it (pardon me for sounding like a Q bot) hugs her curves, reminds me of a precious piece of imported fruit that requires protective netting to ensure safe travels.

chinese-pear-foam-protection-net-isolated-white-backgrou-background-photo-53342156.thumb.jpg.2bfc348443b475535f288c0af6ce7a16.jpg

 

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Booney said:

Frick and Frack. I haven’t seen these two host together since those very awkward Saturday Morning Q shows before Alberti was chosen as Kerstin’s permanent co-host.

4FD90AD5-73AB-44E9-B0D9-3148AD72BA67.thumb.jpeg.06ffb676fafa424e5d100f821a2740c3.jpeg

Carolyn’s top is not at all flattering.

 

 

Kerstin looks like a starving prisoner in a gulag. Carolyn looks like a sea urchin.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

Marie Louise, OAPing for Great Gourmet crab cakes:

ML: "I grew up in Ohio.  And when I saw a crab cake, I thought it was a hockey puck."

Rachel:  (hysterically laughing)  "That is so funny!"

Cut to shot of Great Gourmet's crab cake:  *total hockey puck, albeit with a bread crumb coating*

 

Edited by CandyApple
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

Apropos of nothing, I had a dream with Katrina last night. She was an expert with glass. 

You'd think with all the bitching I do about Skunky, I would have had a dream about her, but nooo. 

Go figure. 😁

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Awww, MBR and Nolan Miller!  She looks good in those photos.  They paired well together.  He was another (a la Bob Mackie) who was such a gentleman. ❤️
 

As for Jill Bauer — she just gives and gives and gives, doesn’t she — all for us.  I do love that watch, though.

 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Zee Zee's Snack Bars

Alberti:  (breaking a snack bar)  "These taste like you are eating..."

Rachel:  "Yeah.  Uh huh.  They do."

Alberti:  (begins again)  "These taste like you are eating a cookie!"

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Booney said:

Frick and Frack. I haven’t seen these two host together since those very awkward Saturday Morning Q shows before Alberti was chosen as Kerstin’s permanent co-host.

4FD90AD5-73AB-44E9-B0D9-3148AD72BA67.thumb.jpeg.06ffb676fafa424e5d100f821a2740c3.jpeg

Carolyn’s top is not at all flattering.

4205E742-814D-489C-AE0D-CB24D4842285.thumb.jpeg.2b954faf7fbf1336057d4ae4f05165fd.jpeg

54BDE883-8D86-4A01-8D72-C3E6BC3D1DAC.thumb.jpeg.7407b31cefc61083046c2af7bf9775da.jpeg

On first glance at the first couple of pics, I thought Carolyn had a pair of grill tongs hanging from her collar. 🤪

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, MzBrooklyn said:

A pair of jeans that state “i AM HAPPY”...

I am so tired of all this self affirmation BS I could scream. 

In the mid 70s in SF Bay Area there was a radio station with call letters FOX. They started selling t-shirts with those across the chest. I remember then, thinking, if you have to display it...you ain’t “it” 

This PLW chick is beyond PT Barnum. She’s Elmer Gantry. 🤦‍♀️

Yeah, it's funny how her blah messages always get under my skin.

She's like Captain Obvious's less intelligent first mate.

Might as well have jeans embroidered with "I like pants".

Or a t-shirt that says, "I pull this shirt over my head to get it on".

She gets an "F" for effort.

And yet...still there.

What are we missing?

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Shoot me!

CANNOT stand this!!!!!

 

@Retired at last - to be clear I meant the grammar, not what you said!  Does anyone speak English anymore???  

Edited by imisspuddy
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I wish Caro would do something with that rat's nest on her head!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dottie D said:

I wish Caro would do something with that rat's nest on her head!

Caro and Shawn are the Rat's Nest Sisters. Too stubborn to go to a decent hair stylist, and too egotistical to admit that the comments about bad hair are justified.

 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Thumper said:

Awww, MBR and Nolan Miller!  She looks good in those photos.  They paired well together.  He was another (a la Bob Mackie) who was such a gentleman. ❤️
 

As for Jill Bauer — she just gives and gives and gives, doesn’t she — all for us.  I do love that watch, though.

 

Not only is she doing this for us, she said even at QVC, it was never about the money.  It was always about us.

I tend not to believe that, but it's not shameful to try to make a living.  That's one of the reasons most people work.

She seemed excited about the few items she stretched into an hour of selling, and said there will slowly but surely be more. 

And I know they are near and dear to her heart, but I beg this one thing of her:  please, none of these (they chill me to the bone):

image.png.dbb61709b30ccd5b2622f4281f5314af.png

 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, MisterShrug said:

On first glance at the first couple of pics, I thought Carolyn had a pair of grill tongs hanging from her collar. 🤪

931D51D7-367B-4FD9-96B0-5F6CF64BD752.jpeg.8965650260b46e3801a23f4caa4fa263.jpeg

6059DA73-E7AE-457F-9F42-2380537FF196.jpeg.a0f3266dc7ae0d53de2cc9b894ddbed0.jpeg

That original take on Caro’s tassels (😳!) made me laugh so hard because I was thinking the same thing - at first glance.

  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post
CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size