Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

@Booney's post above about Deanna reminded me about this! I've wanted to post it before, but I couldn't get a picture of the model on their website or find the commercial.

For about 6 months now, and after 11:00 pm on a news cable channel, I've been seeing a lot of commercials for a dating website called "Our Time".  It's for people over 50.  I don't know this model's name, but she's on QVC when they are doing hair stuff and I also think she does IT Cosmetics.  On the commercial, she has a speaking role........for a while she wasn't featured on their website, but now she is!

It's the top row......third woman with the gray hair.

https://www.ourtime.com/

phpcCXC74PM (2).jpg

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 5
  • Surprise 3

Renee:  "This is like an Etro top I own.  It is A LOT of money.  A LOT of money."

And yet, pretty cheap looking. 

Huh.

• Laugh 10

3 hours ago, Neiman said:

Sandra Bennett demonstrating the pressure washer is a joke.  Look!  She can almost write her name in the dirt!  The OAP talked about features and her response was "That's so nice" then talked about the colors.  #clueless

Can't recall ever seeing anyone wearing an apron to pressure wash the sidewalk 

Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 3.05.13 PM.png

It's her gardening apron she always has it on when she's doing gardening shows. Wonder how Carolyn is taking this, I think she thought she was the resident gardening expert.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Renee, selling a pair of slim leg stretch pants:

"The only smile you should have is the one on your face.  If you know what I mean."

Yes, Renee.  We know.  That's a given.  Don't need to say it.  We've already expressed our displeasure about a host and her realness, and we've had just about had enough of her.

Whenever Renee comes on, talking about "curvation" while cupping people's parts, and notes the "14% butt-lifting spandex" (with extra emphasis on "butt") in her leggings, my nausea meter automatically reaches the "Queasy" level. 

Today, it climbed to "Throw Up A Little In My Mouth".

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

2 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

92EB3274-5A16-4CC8-98F1-72E3C94F5803.jpeg.0c04058b45fbd872e2cd1fc881154f7c.jpegCaro critters

B74A046E-504E-4E5A-9E3A-09B51012C3B1.jpeg.6f4160e8a18ab3bfe9c72c0e659b8ede.jpegtakes up an awful lot of real estate

Show me a bathroom with a decor element (rivaling the size of the sink) perched on the lavatory top, and I'll show you a rarely used guest bath.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1

11 minutes ago, Elle820 said:

It's her gardening apron she always has it on when she's doing gardening shows. Wonder how Carolyn is taking this, I think she thought she was the resident gardening expert.

I usually avoid Sandra’s shows because she can put me to sleep even in the middle of the day. I didn’t realize she’s done other gardening shows. Based on what I saw today, Carolyn is probably not feeling threatened at all. Sandra may as well have been talking about clothes or handbags with all her generic comments, “that’s nice”...”let’s look at the colors”...”ohhhhh...”

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

The parade of awful garden accents continues. These are the Decorative Solar Garden Animals by Jennings. Whoever Jennings is, he/she should be fired. 

5301F657-A3D9-4793-AE54-065C44164329.thumb.jpeg.94c1362db2ad939dddef25ca8efa8fe8.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 7

7 minutes ago, Booney said:

The parade of awful garden accents continues. These are the Decorative Solar Garden Animals by Jennings. Whoever Jennings is, he/she should be fired. 

5301F657-A3D9-4793-AE54-065C44164329.thumb.jpeg.94c1362db2ad939dddef25ca8efa8fe8.jpeg

Solar, maybe.  Decorative?  Not on a bet.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

8 minutes ago, Booney said:

XL Gifts of Spite. 😱

• Laugh 16

21 minutes ago, Booney said:

An elephant in the garden ? 

• Laugh 6

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team - Page 994 - Shopping Channel Shows - PRIMETIMER

35 minutes ago, Booney said:

What the F. Are they even trying anymore?

• Laugh 6

1 hour ago, Benji said:

An elephant in the garden ? 

Shhh, we aren’t supposed to talk about it. 

• Laugh 14

34 minutes ago, Kamerakrazy said:

I have always appreciated Sandra, but she does a really nice job in the garden shows !

I like Sandra too.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Lady J said:

I like Sandra too.

I really liked her when she first came to QVC.  She's low key compared to the hyper hosts, and she dresses and acts professionally.  I appreciate that.  However, in recent years, I found that she said the same phrases over and over (like so many of the other hosts do).  I would watch her for a few minutes and the next thing I knew I had taken a nap--every time she was on.   😂

• Laugh 8

2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Caro while selling vitamins

"you never know what you are getting at the drugstore"? seriously.    denigrate drug stores to sell 

All I can say is I’ve never heard cashiers at Walgreens or Rite Aid making dubious medical claims over the loudspeaker. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 13

They’re doing that Bertello pizza oven again..the one that consistently burns everything that goes into it.

Mary just pulled out a pizza.. burnt to a crisp. 🍕 

• Laugh 15
  • Surprise 1

Looking at the program guide, it appears Katrina Szish will be getting a bit of a promotion in the coming weeks; they're going to start giving her an hour or two during the daytime on Mondays in addition to the night shows she will continue to host.

2 minutes ago, Burly said:

They’re doing that Bertello pizza oven again..the one that consistently burns everything that goes into it.

Mary just pulled out a pizza.. burnt to a crisp. 🍕 

While the other side looked undercooked.

Turn those pizzas, people!

• Like 5

She can’t even get this next one out. It’s obviously on fire at the back of the oven. Disastrous.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 13

6 minutes ago, Burly said:

She can’t even get this next one out. It’s obviously on fire at the back of the oven. Disastrous.

Absolutely.  Before they cut away Mary was clearly struggling to turn it.

She threw in a store-bought pizza and even though she was having a better time turning it it was still burnt on one side.

My layman's guess is that you pretty much have to be constantly turning the pizza when it's in there and doing so is an art form.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I notice DV is having nothing to do with demonstrating it. Mary gets thrown to the lions instead. Let no one see King David struggling with a demo! 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12
  • Sad 2

Is this the same brand pizza oven she had issues with last summer?  I can't remember the names.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Is this the same brand pizza oven she had issues with last summer?  I can't remember the names.

Yep. Bertello. The guy from Dragon’s Den is the OAP. 

edit..

I mean Shark Tank (Dragon’s Den is the U.K. version)

Edited by Burly
  • Like 7

19 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Yes, same oven with some modifications according to Diva.

Mary was clearly struggling while trying to turn the pizza, yet the cameraman kept focusing on her.  It was such a joke.  What's the point if you constantly have to turn it every 30 seconds.  I would have loved to hear a fire extinguisher being used in the background when the focus returned to David.

I wonder how Lori Grenier feels now that Charlatan Kevin O'Leary has numerous products on QVC instead of her.

Edited by Dottie D
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

That product is fundamentally flawed. I was stressed watching it on tv, so not a great idea for a patio pizza party if the poor bugger doing the cooking is chained to the oven trying to turn recalcitrant pizzas every 30 seconds. FAIL! 

• Like 13

Did anyone catch Carolyn mentioning Antonella and her battle with multiple cancers today? She talked about how great her attitude is and said she wanted to send her the inspirational message necklace she was presenting .  She was actually nice which was shocking .  

As much as Antonella grates on my nerves with her wacko behavior , and I can’t tolerate her odd videos, I do feel bad for her if she does indeed have what she says she has .

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, goldenpuppy said:

Did anyone catch Carolyn mentioning Antonella and her battle with multiple cancers today? She talked about how great her attitude is and said she wanted to send her the inspirational message necklace she was presenting .  She was actually nice which was shocking .  

As much as Antonella grates on my nerves with her wacko behavior , and I can’t tolerate her odd videos, I do feel bad for her if she does indeed have what she says she has .

If she was lying on her Go Fund Me page about what she has she'd be setting herself up for both permanent banishment from there and potential legal trouble.  So I'd say she has what she says she has.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, goldenpuppy said:

That will potentially send many many people to seek out Ant’s socials to find out more. As much as we hate on Caro I’d like to think that was done with good intentions. To what extent AN needs money from fans is irrelevant really, Caro might just have been doing her a favour in difficult times. 

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

If she was lying on her Go Fund Me page about what she has she'd be setting herself up for both permanent banishment from there and potential legal trouble.  So I'd say she has what she says she has.

I don’t doubt she had cancer , but I wonder about her financial situation or her lack of knowledge about her own diagnosis when she goes to a very good cancer institute.

I think there is something shady about pretending you are broke and not really confirming whether or. It you have insurance .

I hope she recovers , but something about this seems less than sincere when it comes to the money .  The GFM description is filled with lies, starting with the statement that she was on TV 20 years , and implying she sold her home because of the cancer diagnosis, which is not true .  Ant didn’t write it , but she allows it to remain with lies and reposts the links to donate .    Her mismanagement of a lot of money is not a justification for that. She also begs for people to subscribe to her YouTube channel  for money while two able bodied men in her family are doing nothing but hanging on the boat and playing like teenagers. 
I think Caro was sincere , even though she can annoy me.

I just feel like Ant is being manipulative for money and her willingness to be ok with people telling her they will send Ss or stimulus money to her when they get checks makes me lose all respect for her .   And she did that before her diagnosis.

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

12 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

good news about Katrina 

Yes.  She is the last of the previous batch of new hosts, as in those who are still around, to be getting regularly-scheduled daytime slots. 

With this, the only one of that group who does not have regular daytime hosting times on Main Q will be Julia, although she is doing hosting duties over on Q2.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

4FED578E-7AE5-43E8-A836-FC221CF63321.jpeg.4babc87c5e405a7c0943de2b94643be9.jpeglivin’ up to the description?

545-F86-E1-7545-453-A-803-A-8-A1548-A3-B

• Laugh 10

51 minutes ago, Burly said:

545-F86-E1-7545-453-A-803-A-8-A1548-A3-B

She has her eye on Sandra, there is only one garden queen my pretty !

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

I was surprised to see Judy Crowell selling yet another exercise bike on HSN. Upon further research, I discovered she and her hubby, Paul Deasey, are involved in shilling numerous products and they also have their own network that’s on different platforms such as Direct TV and others.  They have a site called GEMnation where they sell what they call “real gems” rather than Diamonique stones.  This couple can’t seem to stick to one type of item. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

It starts at about 3:45.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

32 minutes ago, Aerohalen said:

Antonella is doing a video chat with Lisa Robertson right now.

OMG. If the ghost of Jeanne Bice shows up it would be like peak QVC nostalgia.

• Laugh 7

6 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

Maybe it is an Italian American thing, but Ant's whacho-nes alway struck me as genuine. I had more than a few older aunts that were just like her. When I was younger they were super annoying, but they've all since passed and I miss them quite a bit. I try to tell my wife what they were like, but since she never met them it is hard to explain. Ant is certainly goofy and off the charts, but I never got a fake vibe from her at all.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Captain Bob said:

Maybe it is an Italian American thing, but Ant's whacho-nes alway struck me as genuine. I had more than a few older aunts that were just like her. When I was younger they were super annoying, but they've all since passed and I miss them quite a bit. I try to tell my wife what they were like, but since she never met them it is hard to explain. Ant is certainly goofy and off the charts, but I never got a fake vibe from her at all.

?Her behavior had nothing with her being Italian.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Captain Bob said:

Yes, Antonella is naturally kind of goofy, but her behavior during this time of crisis is puzzling. For example, she won't say whether she has insurance. She continues to act bewildered about her diagnosis and treatment, though she has several doctors she could talk to. The whole idea of living on a boat during cancer treatment is just too weird. She put the house on the market before she got the cancer diagnosis because she and her husband couldn't afford it any longer. Yet there seems to be an attempt now to have people think she had to sell the house to pay for her cancer treatment. The person who hosted the FB chat tonight offered Ant the use of her spacious house during treatment, so she wouldn't have to live on the boat while she was so sick, but Ant said no. That sounded like a kind and generous offer to me. I would have accepted it, if I were in a situation as desperate as Ant says this is. The kind person is also promoting Ant's GoFundMe page.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

4 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

For example, she won't say whether she has insurance.

Why is that anyone's business? She does seem so surprised at all of the medical discussions, which I kind of find a little weird since she worked in a medical lab for years and I am sure she would have been around this type of language. Maybe it is just because it now applies to her. I did not watch the L R chat. I wonder how many were tuned in?

That offer to convalesce in her home was quite kind. I wonder if it included Ant's husband and son, too?

17 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Why is that anyone's business? She does seem so surprised at all of the medical discussions, which I kind of find a little weird since she worked in a medical lab for years and I am sure she would have been around this type of language. Maybe it is just because it now applies to her. I did not watch the L R chat. I wonder how many were tuned in?

That offer to convalesce in her home was quite kind. I wonder if it included Ant's husband and son, too?

Since I didn't see the chat, I don't know whether the husband and son were invited too.

• Like 1

I was going to mention Ant working in health care.  but shes just so out of it that its like a different language for her.   all of this is odd, very odd.  I am sad for her diagnosis and all others with this to deal with.  the last few years she has really changed to the extreme

• Like 3

By the way, this is Antonella's YouTube channel, in the name of Antonella M. Nester. All her videos are there, going back five months when she posted a cooking video. The most recent one was posted two weeks ago. We can check later and see if the new chat gets posted.

I guess the M. is her middle name. Her maiden name is D'Agostino, according to a news article published about her several years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFEAKqnDmqsrh7jpY3aYJ6w

Antonella M. Nester YouTube channel

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 2

After this demo from a few years back, I think DV put his foot down and there will be hell to pay if he ever has to struggle with a demo again! Cue Mary! 

20210425_213539.thumb.jpg.69f4acfa89adaf6dc1613194d16653ca.jpg

20210425_213602.thumb.jpg.07c4cdf7e34357c0a5f46faf00a826da.jpg

20210425_214127.jpg

20210425_213620.thumb.jpg.85f23453ce3668f8bd25610a15f6079c.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Whether or not she has insurance is no ones business except for the fact that Ant is reposting links to a GoFundMe with a goal of $150,000 and it implies its to pay for medical bills .  Sorry , I have personal experience unfortunately with  cancer , my insurance bills are no way even $2000! I just pay deductibles.

Lisa basically has said more than once that and has insurance, and since Ant shares the color of her poop and pee after surgery and talked about her boobs in front of David who used to work at QVC , but does not say anything when Lisa said she had insurance , It’s very telling . 
It’s great that her hubby and her were able to buy a small yacht and have an early retirement with their grown son, but to beg for money from YouTube and also GOFundMe’s by pretending you are poor when two adult males are whooping it playing on a dingy while you’re sit on the yacht is a bit much .  It’s like people are financing an extended spring break.

I do feel sorry for Ant, shes obviously  in denial or has no clue about how hard treatment is and how careful your need to be of the sun and infections .  I also think she may be doing this boat thing to make her husband happy, which is not good for her right now .

But something about taking money from those who say they are making $900 a month to live on so you can live your college dream is wrong, and pretending you had to sell your home because of cancer when you have insurance and planned to do it before the diagnosis is wrong IMO.

Edited by marmalade
  • Like 11

15 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Whether or not she has insurance is no ones business except for the fact that Ant is reposting links to a GoFundMe with a goal of $150,000 and it implies its to pay for medical bills .  Sorry , I have personal experience unfortunately with  cancer , my insurance bills are no way even $2000! I just pay deductibles.

Lisa basically has said more than once that and has insurance, and since Ant shares the color of her poop and pee after surgery and talked about her boobs in front of David who used to work at QVC , but does not say anything when Lisa said she had insurance , It’s very telling . 
It’s great that her hubby and her were able to buy a small yacht and have an early retirement with their grown son, but to beg for money from YouTube and also GOFundMe’s by pretending you are poor when two adult males are whooping it playing on a dingy while you’re sit on the yacht is a bit much .  It’s like people are financing an extended spring break.

I do feel sorry for Ant, shes obviously  in denial or has no clue about how hard treatment is and how careful your need to be of the sun and infections .  I also think she may be doing this boat thing to make her husband happy, which is not good for her right now .

But something about taking money from those who say they are making $900 a month to live on so you can live your college dream is wrong, and pretending you had to sell your home because of cancer when you have insurance and planned to do it before the diagnosis is wrong IMO.

Something smells in Denmark.

• Like 5

I watched the live stream tonight with Ant and the other former host. I do feel badly that Ant got fired and is ill. 'Nuff said on that. What intrigued me was the story the other host shared about another host who was extremely rude in meetings where they were being shown upcoming jewelry. She indicated that the  unnamed host would call things crap and would be overtly rude.  Who do you think she was talking about? I don't think it was Lisa Mason as she mentioned that they were friends. The one that came to my mind was Jill Bauer.

Edited by potatochips
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Surprise 5

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.