Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

1 hour ago, CandyApple said:

Christie Brinkley has one of the most artificial personalities I've ever seen. Sweet, seemingly good natured, but fakety fake fake.

Alberti and Rachel had to embarrass Jimmy the Baker by going on and on about how he was just about passed out from excitement that Christie Brinkley was on air, and to say hello for him.  Christie, flashing her trademark smile, and probably so over excessive fandom, basically ignored them, getting back to talking about her prosecco.

Her seemingly air-headed persona is anything but. She's a shrewd businesswoman, dabbling in everything from real estate to hair extensions. And so far, she's been pretty successful.

Anyway, glad she shut those two jerks down.

Christie. to me she's nice house nobody home 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

16 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Look at all these well off tv people, celebrities, musicians and politicians working well into their retirement years!  Alex Trebek for one worked until he's 80 and didn't even retire even after being diagnosed with cancer.  Then there's Tova at the Q. I could name 20 others but then it gets too involved.  I don't get it!  But I guess it's not only the money they're after.   

me neither,Bobbi Ray Carter just turned 69,i said to myself why is she still working?she has made great money over the years and her husband is rich.got to be more to life than working or "the job"part of the problem with us americans is we dont know how to relax anymore.we always want "more"

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Somebody Stop Me said:

Returned to the Q tonight after almost a week of mainlining the news. David is really over everything, I think, and who can blame him.

On “Down Home With David,” he presented some Life Is Good shirts. QVC is donating 10 meals to Feeding America for each shirt sold, I think he said. He added that there was the potential to provide 2 million meals via sales (the fine print says the Q is donating ONE DOLLAR per shirt. That, they say, “helps provide” at least 10 meals. That’s some Skunk logic right there.)

After a longish pitch, he reported sales as 900 in that presentation and 300 from an earlier mention, I think in his coffee thing on Thursday mornings. But, hey, only 198,800 shirts left! Git it, git it, before they’re all sold out!

One dollar!!! Cheap bastards.

• Like 6

I also think for these particular (tv/big brand) people we're speaking of, it's easier to keep working until death especially when you're in charge or at least have a little say, some cushion, big payoff, are well accommodated and most people adore you. Sadly, most of the workforce is far from glamorous, doesn't or isn't supposed to work like that or isn't even rewarding enough for all that effort and time past the "cut off".

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 7

No wonder David looked like he wanted to be elsewhere last night; yesterday was his birthday.

Looking at the items they just previewed for the Fri-yay show, there is no reason for him to be there other than the whole "We started on the same day" thing with Jane and that he may bring in some eyeballs who otherwise wouldn't tune in because, David.  But none of the products previewed need him specifically, and quite a few of them don't need him at all because it's obvious Jane will be presenting them.  He's the sidekick on this show.  Give him the night off and let someone else in the stable of hosts who could use some more air time the chance to get some.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 10

Jane, dear, if the sole of a winter boot can flex like that, as in you can bend it 90 degrees over and over like you just did, it's not a quality sole.  That type of bendability is not a selling point, especially for something supposedly made for cold(er) weather.

(A-384889, Earth Water Resistant Lace-Up Winter Boot-Terrain Hiker)

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 7
  • Surprise 1

Seriously, this is ridiculous.  David can host an entire show by himself for 4 hours but has to come in tonight to do the occasional 5-minute interval for items like the Scrub Daddy while Jane takes a powder before going again for another 20 minutes to half an hour?

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

38 minutes ago, Booney said:

Blabby trying to look sultry in her onesie. I think I would’ve passed on modeling this one.

A1B5FF0F-4BFA-4D82-9AA4-30E01255B5CF.thumb.jpeg.4621e34542281a503b6c18ce2fcaa506.jpeg

Lord, she looks like she's trying out for some character role at her beloved Disney!

** Would like to note that I think her hair looks nice, at least in this picture!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

1 hour ago, Booney said:

Blabby trying to look sultry in her onesie. I think I would’ve passed on modeling this one.

A1B5FF0F-4BFA-4D82-9AA4-30E01255B5CF.thumb.jpeg.4621e34542281a503b6c18ce2fcaa506.jpeg

All she needs is a pair of leopard mouse ears 😆

• Laugh 9

Lots of Crisco slathering today on the Q. I know I won’t be watching much today. Josie must make a lot of $$$$$ for them. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I wish Courtney Webb well. But for the longest time she absolutely SUCKED. She was one of THE worst of the recent hosts. So bad many people wondered why she wasn't lt go she was that lost and nervous on air. She came to QVC in Sept of 2018. I'd say it's only very lately in the last 8 months? that really improved enough to say she was fairly OK as a host. 

I will say she always was very professional and has improved immensely. Sticks to the product. No irrelevant stories. No crazy jokes. She stays in her lane and let's the OAP do his/her job. 

Edited by selhars · Reason: typo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, selhars said:

I wash Courtney Webb well. But for the longest time she absolutely SUCKED. She was one of THE worst of the recent hosts. So bad many people wondered why she wasn't lt go she was that lost and nervous on air. She came to QVC in Sept of 2018. I'd say it's only very lately in the last 8 months? that really improved enough to say she was fairly OK as a host. 

I will say she always was very professional and has improved immensely. Sticks to the product. No irrelevant stories. No crazy jokes. She stays in her lane and let's the OAP do his/her job. 

I can honestly say I never saw her host a show. In fact, I had to Google her name to see her and her goodbye message. She never became the it girl like Courtney K. is supposedly supposed to be. And, then you have Terri Conn who is only on an hour a day which I still find weird. I’m guessing Ms Webb did over nights which they don’t even really do. So who will fill her spot?  In double checking they currently have 24 host. 4 of them who are men. What does the Q have against male host? Lawsuit anyone? LOL!!!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I can honestly say I never saw her host a show. In fact, I had to Google her name to see her and her goodbye message. She never became the it girl like Courtney K. is supposedly supposed to be. And, then you have Terri Conn who is only on an hour a day which I still find weird. I’m guessing Ms Webb did over nights which they don’t even really do. So who will fill her spot?  In double checking they currently have 24 host. 4 of them who are men. What does the Q have against male host? Lawsuit anyone? LOL!!!!!

HSN has no trouble utilizing their male hosts. I don't know why Q can't seem for find much to do with them.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

HSN has no trouble utilizing their male hosts. I don't know why Q can't seem for find much to do with them.

And, a black male host?! That’ll never happen. I don’t think they’ve had a black male host since the 90’s. I can’t believe with even the PC generation that QVC hasn’t even attempted to save face but they don’t even try to hide it. They have several black female host but for some reason they don’t pursue black male host or black men don’t audition to host. I have always liken QVC to local news personalities and they’re are plenty of black anchors/reporters but not on the Q. I find that pretty odd. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4

Courtney Webb is gone, she just said farewell.  No big sobbing breakdown like Mary Nelson.  Maybe she's really glad to go.

I imagine they'll just stretch the hours of Katrina,  Ali and Ginger, maybe Elise.....she wasn't on much as it was. 

Terri Conn seems to have lucked out with not working those hours 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Very ineffective glazing of the tart cases with egg white. That’s not sealing ANYthing David. Also sprinkling gelatine into liquid that’s already heating? No wonder it went lumpy. 

How many cookbooks? 

Edited by Burly
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 2

Looks like Josie finally made a virtual set for her tsv today instead of doing remotes from her patio or yacht for the last 9 mos.  So much better.  Even Leah looks more in her element on Saturday mornings compared to Tuesday nights!!!

20201114_110956.thumb.jpg.6b9cb6c946efed8f4bdef50eedd7758f.jpg20201114_111019.thumb.jpg.f5bc8e5bf6de3d9187b0df5d4bf883c2.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 15

A not too modest Beauty Bio OAP:

"People freak out when they hear I have kids that are 15, 11 and 7.  I should have fine lines around here."

Sorry, lady.  I don't believe that face aerator made your skin wrinkle free and puffed up like that. 

Maybe a modicum of collagen is produced when you create those microscopic holes.  But to me, your plastic look says muscle paralysis via the likes of Botox.

Maybe there was a disclaimer at the bottom about enhancements, but was also microscopic, so virtually invisible to my eyes. 

Alberti's laugh is very forced.  I don't think I've ever heard Sharon Hanby-Robie say anything that was side-splittingly funny.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, CandyApple said:

I don't think I've ever heard Sharon Hanby-Robie say anything that was side-splittingly funny.

thats for sure, she is quite humorless

Al's laugh perhaps the bitter laugh of realizing you have to shill the same blankets Hbird saw at Marshalls for almost t

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

thats for sure, she is quite humorless

Al's laugh perhaps the bitter laugh of realizing you have to shill the same blankets Hbird saw at Marshalls for almost twice the price 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 11:00 AM, CandyApple said:

Christie Brinkley has one of the most artificial personalities I've ever seen. Sweet, seemingly good natured, but fakety fake fake.

Alberti and Rachel had to embarrass Jimmy the Baker by going on and on about how he was just about passed out from excitement that Christie Brinkley was on air, and to say hello for him.  Christie, flashing her trademark smile, and probably so over excessive fandom, basically ignored them, getting back to talking about her prosecco.

Her seemingly air-headed persona is anything but. She's a shrewd businesswoman, dabbling in everything from real estate to hair extensions. And so far, she's been pretty successful.

Anyway, glad she shut those two jerks down.

Yassssss! I feel the same way about her and particularly when she is selling her skin care line. I remember several years ago she had some pretty shitty plastic surgery and she was looking QUITE Asian. ( as in eyes pulled up and at such an angle). I guess she got it fixed, but that's what really irks me big time. When they have their surgery or fillers and their youthful beautiful skin is NOT due to the cream they are hawking. 

I remember her from years back, talking about her life. She was very interesting and quite articulate. Even with that, it was clear to me, that had she not looked like what she looked like, she would not have had the life she was bragging about.  She just bugs me. BIG TIME and I am glad to see @CandyApple that I am not alone. Bless your heart.

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Baby Jen is the perfect encapsulation of that moment when a baby sitting on Santa's knee is making the decision whether to smile or burst into tears.

Grown up Jen is the perfect encapsulation of a woman who is within about an inch and a half from a slam-dunk sexual harrassment lawsuit.  

• Laugh 5
  • Surprise 2

Diane Gilman was having technical difficulties with Skype, so joined her show half way through.

She got so frustrated, she said she wanted to throw her IPad through the window.

She started talking about her Today's Special pants, going into the composition of the velvet, getting into lecture mode, with a cadence that signaled she was about to go on for a while.

Then the holiday music started playing, but Diane did not take it as a cue to wrap up.  She just kept talking.  And talking.

The music got louder.  Finally, Marlo had to interrupt, informing Diane they had to move along.  It was kind of comical.

Maybe she got discombobulated because of coming in late, but she seemed very self-centered, as if the show was waiting for her.  Unfortunately for Diane, with shopping channels, the show goes on, with or without you.

And @LeeDenny, I'm still waiting to see her beautiful cat.  No sign of him or her.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Grown up Jen is the perfect encapsulation of a woman who is within about an inch and a half from a slam-dunk sexual harrassment lawsuit.  

???

• Like 1

OK, so who here is going to pay Jane to send a video greeting to a friend or family member?  I can’t believe she’s doing something like that. She’s with some entertainment management company that will tape the messages.  Sorry, I just think it’s weird regardless of who’s doing these “celebrity” greetings.  

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

8 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Maybe she got discombobulated because of coming in late, but she seemed very self-centered, as if the show was waiting for her.  Unfortunately for Diane, with shopping channels, the show goes on, with or without you.

And @LeeDenny, I'm still waiting to see her beautiful cat.  No sign of him or her.

Here's kitty. This is the product video for 725-008 DG2 by Diane Gilman Slim and Sleek Coated Knit Legging - Solid

Cat comes into the picture at about 7:12. He hung around waiting to be petted, and then he sat on the sofa arm and started kneading the cushions. I agree with @LeeDenny, looks like a Russian blue.

misc pics HSN Diane Gilman cat 7 collage 1 11-14-20.jpg

misc pics HSN Diane Gilman cat 8 collage 2 11-14-20.jpg

misc pics HSN Diane Gilman cat 9 collage 3 11-14-20.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks @Coffeecup. That’s her girl kitty. Name starts with an I. She has a male too. He looked like a long hair. I think he was named Mr. Fluffy. 
Diane was sweet to the cats so she can’t be all bad. 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

4 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Thanks @Coffeecup. That’s her girl kitty. Name starts with an I. She has a male too. He looked like a long hair. I think he was named Mr. Fluffy. 
Diane was sweet to the cats so she can’t be all bad. 

Oops, I had a feeling I'd get the cat's gender wrong.

This kitty loves her human Diane. She was bumping her head on Diane's sleeve to get her attention, and was very pleased when she got petted.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

she was looking QUITE Asian. ( as in eyes pulled up and at such an angle)

"fox eye" surgery...it's a "thing"

image.png.31589514044edbae2f050a7590a1eb29.png

• Useful 5
  • Surprise 3

Darn it! I wanted to watch the Kitchen Gadget show, but Ginger is the host.

I can't tolerate her at all, so passed on by.  She's not humorous or engaging, so there's no value added.

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 11

19 minutes ago, artisto said:

"fox eye" surgery...it's a "thing"

image.png.31589514044edbae2f050a7590a1eb29.png

Photo #1 perfectly illustrates 90% of the residents at my mom's LTCF.  You know, the vulnerable people that we can't see or visit. 

On topic - Does anyone notice obvious cosmetic surgery intervention with any of the hosts other than Pat JD?  If others have taken the plunge, they must have opted for the less "holy crap, look at all the work ___ had done"!, unlike PJD.

• Like 4

I guess we're supposed to get excited by the "reduced shipping" on today's Le Creuset TSV: "Reduced S&H: $16.22 $9.22" Are they kidding? They couldn't offer free S&H?

I already have a Le Creuset Dutch oven of this size, so I'm not tempted, even with that pathetic gigantic S&H reduction. 🙂  

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Photo #1 perfectly illustrates 90% of the residents at my mom's LTCF.  You know, the vulnerable people that we can't see or visit. 

On topic - Does anyone notice obvious cosmetic surgery intervention with any of the hosts other than Pat JD?  If others have taken the plunge, they must have opted for the less "holy crap, look at all the work ___ had done"!, unlike PJD.

Fox Eye surgery. Well I think Christie's (back when it was fresh) was more extreme than this image. I mean it was really slanted and pulled.

Anyway I remember when PJD first had something done and everyone was buzzing thinking that she had been in an accident perhaps. It was mostly her lips as I recall and I would have thought that that crap deflates over time. Her lips still look distorted and her cheeks much fuller than should be but she is still a nice looking woman and does a very good job of being a professional presenter.

I can't think of any others that seem to have had work done. Then again, some of the newer (and younger I might add) are less familiar to me. Oh well  then again Sandra B but she just looks a bit stiff- not taut.

• Like 8

Granny Whisperer is weirdly giddy today. Sounds like she's about to break into song. Maybe she and hubby have a  well-deserved RV trip planned. I'm sure it will provide a plethora of material with which to bash him later.

She doesn't give credit to the behind-the-scenes people. "We cut up onions, celery, and carrots." "We baked these." I'm pretty sure you were nowhere in the vicinity of those vegetables before they appeared in that pot.

Now she's singing the praises of GZ:  "...and he's a wonderful dad and one of our favorite people." As personable and popular as he is, I can't forget that he did not pay his employees and subsequently declared bankruptcy. Apparently,  such an embarrassment didn't affect this proud peacock's penchant to be in the spotlight.  He must have a high threshold for shame.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 7
  • Useful 5

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.