Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Not a big surprise really.  How can they justify keeping someone who is on air 1am to 3 am a few times a week. 

Never a big fan, but she certainly could have filled the position Ginger Puss has on David's show, who is more horrific every time I see her.

• Like 17

I haven't really watched Q much lately but last night I think I saw her on Q2? She was presenting the Dyson $500 hair styling thing and I realized that I had hardly ever seen her. She looked good. Then I switched away or dozed off and now I see she will be a goner.

Live and learn. I guess 'you snooze you lose". (that's a reference to me snoozin on the couch)./

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Not a big surprise really.  How can they justify keeping someone who is on air 1am to 3 am a few times a week. 

Never a big fan, but she certainly could have filled the position Ginger Puss has on David's show, who is more horrific every time I see her.

she was good from what I saw but yes, a few hours a week,  not ideal for either employee or employer 

they still have too many hosts to fill the hours they have live now 

• Like 7

The Scott Brothers, who seem like conjoined twins that were reluctantly separated, have the TSV with a hybrid mattress.  They must be in some cavernous room because it sounds like they're talking with megaphones. Very irritating. And that will be all day? Egads.

Jen C sounds like she is on the verge of creating a GoFundMe page. She mentioned living in a very tiny two-bedroom apartment, then later talked about the high costs of having owned two boutiques in the past. Sounded kind of raw, like someone who still has related debts. Another person for whom I don't feel sorry, given that she seems to go on vacations several times a year and makes a decent living.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

Didn't see Jen last night but she usually saves her "nobody knows the trouble I've seen" stories for Philosophy shows, which she went through about a week ago!

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 6

Jen

uses price very heavily. ,  xxx I just can't afford etc,  it's a sales spiel,  

IIRC she sold her house after kid graduated from HS and downsized happily, how do I know, she blabbed about it on air  

• Like 8

I bet Jen C downsizing to a small apt was to also help fund her daughter's college education which is like a mortgage in itself.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Didn't see Jen last night but she usually saves her "nobody knows the trouble I've seen" stories for Philosophy shows, which she went through about a week ago!

Yep, last week she was playing her violin again with her Philosophy Field of Flowers story and how those 5 minutes she gave herself in the shower each day got her through a very stressful time in and transition in her life. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Yep, last week she was playing her violin again with her Philosophy Field of Flowers story and how those 5 minutes she gave herself in the shower each day got her got her through a very stressful time in and transition in her life. 

Such crap and they r encouraged to replay those tired stories 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Saw about 2 minutes of her in the middle of the night, and the pursed lips with slightly open mouth look of hers creates a caustic reaction from me.  That long hair on her is a.w.f.u.l, and I see no point to her.

There.  I said it.  Hopefully, this will be the commencement of my unkind comments about QVC personalities.  I try to refrain, but this one was fighting to get out.

I'm weak.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Courtney Webb was clearly a newbie and very by the book most of the time, but she was prepared and always looked neat and clean or seemed more so which was refreshing after the usual shit storm show preceding her.  Wonder if any one else got a pink slip?

• Like 15

While some on here remarked that Antonella's House of Stairs reminded them of an Escher, Susan says this top reminds her of one:

a384248.jpeg.533436a239f9323a89bba16772a19560.jpeg

And hosts, please stop saying that merchandise "lives on the website". Pat said items "live there 24 hours a day".  Conjures up an image of a bunch of breathing creatures being held captive virtually. Gives me the creeps, maybe even more than calling a bag "she" does.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 5

40 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

by the fact she was able to announce this  on air, I would assume that it was her idea (or partially) 

all the hosts who are canned are just gone 

Plus as of this typing she has one more show scheduled, for Saturday morning.

Part of me thinks that it was a mutual realization between her and Q and it wasn't going to work out.  She was stuck in the 1-3 a.m. slot with little or no opportunity to advance to different hours because there was no room for her.  Plus she's trying to get on the 2022 U.S. Winter Olympic Team in Skeleton, and her Olympic training is going to require more of her time in the months ahead.  Even though she has said a bunch of times that Q has been very supportive of that endeavor and her need to occasionally take time off for it, that need for time off would have also helped ensure she would have been in the the 1-3 a.m. timeslot rut for the foreseeable future.  Plus if she's moving closer to the family she's got out in the midwest, it also means she's closer to world-class training facilities in Utah.

Edit to add that part of qualifying for the U.S. Olympic Team means she needs to participate in a certain number of competitions over a set period of time, so not only would she need time off to train, she'd need time off to go compete in Skeleton events.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 4
  • Useful 6

In the article below, Courtney talks about how out of 17000 QVC host applicants, only six were chosen, and now only three remain, including her, so her decision to leave, if hers, was not an easy one, I'm sure.

While on air with Jen, she talked about pursuing her dream, and unless it was simply being closer to family, she did not specify what it was. Is she not allowed to mention the Olympics by name?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/asweatlife.com/2020/03/courtney-webb/amp/

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Is she not allowed to mention the Olympics by name?

probably not

as they can't say Super Bowl and the Olympics are overly aggressive about the use of "olympic"

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

probably not

as they can't say Super Bowl and the Olympics are overly aggressive about the use of "olympic"

Yeah, they would probably get sued by Zeus' descendants.  

From history.com/topics/sports/olympic-games

Legend has it that Heracles (the Roman Hercules), son of Zeus and the mortal woman Alcmene, founded the Games, which by the end of the 6th century B.C had become the most famous of all Greek sporting festivals.

• Laugh 10

Other than the usual idiots, the one host I think needs to be fired is that horrible Julia Cearley.  She's downright awful.  And what's with her being so excited about everything in her shows.  Hell, I thought she was going to orgasm when she got to present an item from Dennis Basso.  She was going absolutely batshit.  And this behavior isn't occasional.  She goes nuts with nearly everything she presents.  

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, RubberbandGirl said:

2127215702_tova01.thumb.JPG.43df53105c90381dfd0a518b6be9fb3b.JPG

1771078927_tova02.JPG.9b7f0c1a9415807ab30fa41c3c33a300.JPG

Everything old is new again.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Both true.  Still, not sure I will be slathering myself with this blast from the past product line (depending on what others say about it).  Sounds prickly. 

Knit Chanel suits and a propped up framed photo of Ernest Borgnine aside, I get a snake oil saleswoman vibe from Tova.

I imagine she would be an environmental hazard to stand behind in the grocery store checkout line.  All perfume and hairspray... 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 13

I finally figured out that those white things on Drew Scott's ears are his wireless headset. I first thought he had jumped on the pearl-earrings-for-men bandwagon. In a big way.

• Laugh 8

I'm sorry to see Courtney Webb go. I watched her a few times on the overnight shows, and I liked her. She was much better than certain other hosts.

• Like 18

55 minutes ago, HissyFit said:

I finally figured out that those white things on Drew Scott's ears are his wireless headset. I first thought he had jumped on the pearl-earrings-for-men bandwagon. In a big way.

First time I ever saw someone wearing those I was wondering why the guy had fancy pipe cleaners sticking out of his ears.

• Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

3 minutes ago, lazyfaire said:

So will Tova give up surgical enhancements, botox/fillers, now that she’s discovered the powers of Cactus Juice™️?

No way Jose! Mostly because she will never fess up to them in the first place. She will claim she has always used this, and only recently was able to get it formulated at such an affordable price AND such fine quality assurance.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Tova sold her brand to Q didn’t she? She’s effectively an employee. She used to bring Cactine to the U.K back in the day...got terrible reviews.

We’ve had some godawful American beauty brands in the past, some of them still sell.. Gale Hayman being an example with that rip off “lip lift” chapstick thing. Was she ever on QUS? And we get Prai with that Kathy woman “be sure to get this gulls!” shes even managed to make it into Boots, our biggest pharmacy chain. 

• Laugh 5

8 hours ago, mpeeps said:

I bet Jen C downsizing to a small apt was to also help fund her daughter's college education which is like a mortgage in itself.

the girl has a father,Jennifer isnt paying for it by herself.she may just be cheap.she lives alone,makes 6 figures and i believe also has a yoga studio.she isnt hurting.

• Useful 6

5 hours ago, lazyfaire said:

So will Tova give up surgical enhancements, botox/fillers, now that she’s discovered the powers of Cactus Juice™️?

I hope so, just out of respect for a face that probably wants to retire from the poking, prodding, cutting, and stitching.

If TOVA Cactine was beloved back in 1977, why did she cease production?  Snake oil Cactus got tapped out of juice?

I tend not to believe her success stories of Tova perfume being responsible for male attraction and marriages, but I am curious what she has to say about this line, if only for entertainment purposes.  

Aloe has healing properties so maybe there is something to it after all. 

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Aerohalen said:

the girl has a father,Jennifer isnt paying for it by herself.she may just be cheap.she lives alone,makes 6 figures and i believe also has a yoga studio.she isnt hurting.

yes, she has a father but that doesnt mean he is helping her.  i dont know what she makes but she goes to yoga, but think pretty certain she doesnt have a studio.  

17 minutes ago, Aerohalen said:

the girl has a father,Jennifer isnt paying  for it by herself.she may just be cheap.she lives alone,makes 6 figures and i believe also has a yoga studio.she isnt hurting.

Just now, Kamerakrazy said:

yes, she has a father but that doesnt mean he is helping her.  i dont know what she makes but she goes to yoga, but think pretty certain she doesnt have a studio.  

and she has said many times being frugal but we dont know or should know her financial status

• Like 3

Returned to the Q tonight after almost a week of mainlining the news. David is really over everything, I think, and who can blame him.

On “Down Home With David,” he presented some Life Is Good shirts. QVC is donating 10 meals to Feeding America for each shirt sold, I think he said. He added that there was the potential to provide 2 million meals via sales (the fine print says the Q is donating ONE DOLLAR per shirt. That, they say, “helps provide” at least 10 meals. That’s some Skunk logic right there.)

After a longish pitch, he reported sales as 900 in that presentation and 300 from an earlier mention, I think in his coffee thing on Thursday mornings. But, hey, only 198,800 shirts left! Git it, git it, before they’re all sold out!

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 4

If I were David I would take the money I've made and run right out of QVC. Maybe I'm being influenced by what I read. But I do detect a LITTLE bit of him being "over" the grind of QVC. Look , he's busted his butt for years -- no different from millions of Americans who bust their butts for a LOT less money -- so IF he's over it, I can't blame him. I'm over the idea of working, too. I just can't afford to retire. And perhaps he could.

It wouldn't surprise me at all, if he has a financial "goal" of some sort that the wants to achieve. And then maybe he'd leave. Could he possibly really want to do this until "normal" retirement age of 65 or 67. About TEN more YEEEEARS?

All I know is, if I made the kind of money some people seem to think David makes, for as long has he's earned it, I would have hit MY financial goals by now, and have a nest egg that would suit me just fine. And I'd be outta there. He's 56. I'd be gone by 57!

• Like 8

Look at all these well off tv people, celebrities, musicians and politicians working well into their retirement years!  Alex Trebek for one worked until he's 80 and didn't even retire even after being diagnosed with cancer.  Then there's Tova at the Q. I could name 20 others but then it gets too involved.  I don't get it!  But I guess it's not only the money they're after.   

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 9

11 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Look at all these well off tv people, celebrities, musicians and politicians working well into their retirement!  Alex Trebek for one worked until he's 80 and didn't even retire even after being diagnosed with cancer.  Then there's Tova at the Q. I could name 20 others but then it gets too involved.  I don't get it!  But I guess it's not only the money they're after.   

I know a lot of ordinary people (not celebrities) who preferred to keep working well into their 80s, even 90s. My husband is one of them, a Type A person with a lot of energy. I'm a lazybones Type B, but even I want to keep doing something productive.

Tova might be defining herself by her products. Possibly she can't imagine her life without the activity and schedule of promoting her product line. It gives her days some structure, requires the use of planning skills,  and gives her goals (sales) to work toward. I am not interested in her line, but I say as long as she wants to keep working, go for it.

• Like 12

some people like having a job to go to,  may D has no interests outside of work, no spouse or kids , hobbies, etc 

I know that when you get older work or something keeps you moving, like a shark once you stop you are dead 

Tova =. she keeps herself busy with a business at her age good for her 

• Like 5

I wish him -- and all TV hosts -- heck ANYONE in life -- well - whether he works or not. All I know is everyone I know who has retired is happy as a clam, not even thinking about working -- and has PLENTY to do. Some don't want anymore time commitments. Some say they're just as busy -- doing nothing or whatever happens to come up. Some wonder how they managed to do all they did while having to work 8-10-12 hours a day. BUT, of course a person would have to have interests -- whether that's friends and family to visit or travel with, or interests like hobbies, volunteering, home puttering, or just taking/auditing classes of interest...

Speaking of other hosts I wish Antonella her happiest days yet...on a boat, in a smaller house, wherever she is....

Edited by selhars
  • Like 4

Tova was on this morning at 2 am with Katrina. 

I watched a little before dozing off. She seemed engaged, interested and totally devoted.....the hair though!

• Like 6

Katrina did well with Tova at 2am. Tova was all in and on her game like it was two in the afternoon.  The cactus juice wasn't convincing enough for me. She should stick to fragrance.  I'm pretty sure she claimed she wasn't wearing makeup and looked lovely.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3

Regarding retirement and all of that^ - though we think we know these people due to the sheer volume of time they're in our living rooms, we don't know what their private lives are about.  For all we know, as with the general public, they could be spending what they earn and have to continue on the hamster wheel.  There could be some with gambling addictions or any number of reason why they have to keep working.

Orrr, as has been said, they just don't have anything else they would rather do full time.  Most (all?) of the hosts are under Social Security/Medicare age, and the tail chasing for insurance alone could be incentive enough to keep at it.  

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Christie Brinkley has one of the most artificial personalities I've ever seen. Sweet, seemingly good natured, but fakety fake fake.

Alberti and Rachel had to embarrass Jimmy the Baker by going on and on about how he was just about passed out from excitement that Christie Brinkley was on air, and to say hello for him.  Christie, flashing her trademark smile, and probably so over excessive fandom, basically ignored them, getting back to talking about her prosecco.

Her seemingly air-headed persona is anything but. She's a shrewd businesswoman, dabbling in everything from real estate to hair extensions. And so far, she's been pretty successful.

Anyway, glad she shut those two jerks down.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

40 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Regarding retirement and all of that^ - though we think we know these people due to the sheer volume of time they're in our living rooms, we don't know what their private lives are about.  For all we know, as with the general public, they could be spending what they earn and have to continue on the hamster wheel.  There could be some with gambling addictions or any number of reason why they have to keep working.

Orrr, as has been said, they just don't have anything else they would rather do full time.  Most (all?) of the hosts are under Social Security/Medicare age, and the tail chasing for insurance alone could be incentive enough to keep at it.  

I admire people who love their jobs and want to keep doing them. I liked my job till I didn’t and found myself uptight and angry most of the time, when I was able I got the heck out. Oddly , when I was asked to come back per diem , I started enjoying it again, because it was on my terms. Maybe when David just can’t happy dance another dance , he will go off into the sunset. Who really knows ?

• Like 10

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.