Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

I liked Monifa. Enthusiasm without the syrup. Please don’t saddle her with the unwashed one. 

• Like 10

Monifa Days... that CANNOT be her real name surely? 😂🤣

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I don't know, I had no idea that yesterday or even the month of April was when the Titanic sank.  Does that mean I'm insensitive to the 1500 who perished?  I heard the clip and I guess I'm not really understanding what all the beef about Carolyn is?  Maybe if I'd heard it in context with everything else, I'd get it?

You're o.k., @lovemesomejoolery.  Just be glad Carolyn doesn't get under your skin like she does some of us.  

• Like 6

Lynn Murphy is looking very dark orange right now.

Much like some nitrate-laden animal food product. 🌭

She's on with Carol Brodie, who is professing the rarity of her Rarities.

Carol:  "I'm a Harry Winston/DeBeers girl.  I came out of both of those houses, so I know."

Well, I have a very high-powered BS detector, so I know BS when I hear and see it.

Her haughtiness makes her pretty unwatchable for me.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

6 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

Hmmm... I would guess that "Master's degree --> Local stage actor --> Contest winner --> Move to L.A. --> Commercials and bit parts --> Shopping channel host" is not the career trajectory that she dreamed about growing up, but I wish her the best and hope she succeeds in everything she wants to do.

I also hope the Q pairs her with good mentor hosts, not the other ones. (We all know who the "other ones" are!) 😛

• Like 8
  • Laugh 3

Garden Gifts of Spite -

268F9548-55C6-4E04-AD71-FB5DC3EE133B.thumb.jpeg.aa48c1a9fbc04fd1d5deea13a4476749.jpeg

FCE9A146-6BE2-4875-8CD1-8D4B83B3F921.thumb.jpeg.273f998d8d9d0a717a566f08a076a281.jpeg

3C4822F6-544B-47E7-BE25-133C3ABC3E69.thumb.jpeg.8c5e119c5de829f25109973d46ba1a3f.jpeg

They’re all pretty bad, but I think I have to go with the frogs as the worst. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12
  • Surprise 3

32 minutes ago, Booney said:

Garden Gifts of Spite -

268F9548-55C6-4E04-AD71-FB5DC3EE133B.thumb.jpeg.aa48c1a9fbc04fd1d5deea13a4476749.jpeg

FCE9A146-6BE2-4875-8CD1-8D4B83B3F921.thumb.jpeg.273f998d8d9d0a717a566f08a076a281.jpeg

3C4822F6-544B-47E7-BE25-133C3ABC3E69.thumb.jpeg.8c5e119c5de829f25109973d46ba1a3f.jpeg

I don't know...the geese with the waving and swinging arms is pretty awful.

Jesus, who puts this stuff in their yards?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12

MaryBeth on Q2 doing the live clearance show.  She was rambling and apologizing and sort of talking to herself or producer. It was uncomfortable to watch. I don't think she has what it takes to do the job anymore. It made me kind of sad.

• Sad 8

Forgive me, I don't know what day it was - I think yesterday? - since every day is groundhog day, but I was watching when they had Philosophy on in the morning.  Mary Beth was the host.  I thought during some of the presentations she seemed sort of off.  She's always had a habit of speaking to the audience like we're all five year olds and she's our kindergarten teacher, but this was different.  I couldn't put my finger on it and chalked it up to my maybe being disinterested.

A couple of times, she would correct herself and it was like she was talking to herself, reminding herself of what she should have said instead of what she did say.  And none of it was all that deep it needed to be corrected.

It's like she's lost her confidence or something.  Or aged like 10 years in a matter of just a year.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 1
  • Sad 11

3 hours ago, MisterShrug said:

Hmmm... I would guess that "Master's degree --> Local stage actor --> Contest winner --> Move to L.A. --> Commercials and bit parts --> Shopping channel host" is not the career trajectory that she dreamed about growing up, but I wish her the best and hope she succeeds in everything she wants to do.

I also hope the Q pairs her with good mentor hosts, not the other ones. (We all know who the "other ones" are!) 😛

Looking at the program guide, they're starting her live hosting next week, with 2 hours a week on Q2.  Her first pairing will be with Terri and the next with Julia.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

10 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Good find! I doubt I'd ever stumble across this "Streaming Deals". Hope it works out for Monifa!!

I watched the video and liked her immediately, too. Where has she been hiding? We've suffered through the warbler host, the bomb.com host and several others. Monifa already comes across as pleasant. Good for her. 

9 hours ago, Burly said:

If you say it fast it sounds like "money for days". I'm going to remember her name now. I can't remember the name of the host who was doing late night hosting and is training for the Olympics. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4

8 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

I watched the video and liked her immediately, too. Where has she been hiding? We've suffered through the warbler host, the bomb.com host and several others. Monifa already comes across as pleasant. Good for her. 

If you say it fast it sounds like "money for days". I'm going to remember her name now. I can't remember the name of the host who was doing late night hosting and is training for the Olympics. 

Courtney #3, Webb. 😃

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

2 hours ago, Booney said:

Garden Gifts of Spite -

I was going to get Hucklefroggy Finn for your birthday! (wink wink)

• Laugh 8

3 hours ago, Booney said:

Garden Gifts of Spite -

You know what these reminded me of?  A commercial from over 30 years ago:

Edited by letusprocrastinate · Reason: Yes, I have issues but you knew that already
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

10 hours ago, Burly said:

“Well, it’s Scotch/Romanian.” 🤣

(Sorry, I can never resist pulling out a great ‘80s movie quote!) 😜

• Laugh 2

Is this really necessary, Amy? That's what the models are for!!!

20210416_000510.thumb.jpg.0ef83a1a5356623813763e56fc0551e8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Surprise 11

Amy said she's a woman in her 40s with two kids and feeling confident in the tsv swimsuit! She looks stiff as a board and uncomfortable to me and maybe feels a little exposed being on live tv in a swimsuit. Why bother? But she's another one so smug and taken with herself, feels she's that important (at her job) and needs attention. The models look so much more at ease and even better!

20210416_001448.thumb.jpg.1cb31402f1906b2a8ff03eed7e86554d.jpg

20210416_001733.thumb.jpg.6153ddf49fd4e0b43b4feab5440c4e4e.jpg

20210416_002200.thumb.jpg.3ea75b57bf2b0eceb4f5bb8ccc536775.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 1

Why on earth would a lovely, smart young woman with an impressive resume want to be on Q?  IMHO, it’s a real come down for anyone who’s been successful in other ways.

• Like 5

You can't make this sh*t up! Amy got Kerstinky's seal of approval!

20210416_002738.thumb.jpg.93cabb3c0ef387496759d4507948b34b.jpg

• Laugh 3
  • Surprise 3

Amy looks better and more comfortable with the matching wrap!  Keep your clothes on Amy!  She's also sharing too many TMI stories about swimsuits!  Perhaps influenced by Unwashed One. 

20210416_004310.jpg.8c3a6736e213add0ddea26c5da9fe22c.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 5

I don't mind Amy modeling the swimsuit. She looks good in it. Yep, she certainly is straight up and down, very narrow hips. She really is an XS or even XXS. What drives me crazy is when the hosts keep changing clothes throughout the show, acting like they feel obligated to wear every single thing. (Kerstin and Shawn are the worst offenders.)

Checking the program guide to see which hosts might be modeling the swimsuit tomorrow:

7 a.m. Leah ? Probably not.

9.a.m. Kerstin -- probably. She loves showing her body.

12:00 p.m. Terri?

1:00 p.m. Jen? Probably not at 1:00, because that's an Isaac show. Maybe at 3:00 p.m. when she does accessories.

5:00 p.m. Jane? Maybe. She's brave enough to wear it.

6:00 p.m. Courtney comes on with Jane. Probably not. Courtney is kind of modest.

9:00 p.m. Shawn. Probably not, because it's an Isaac show. Her 10:00 p.m. show is Dare to Share. I doubt she'd wear a swimsuit for that show. At midnight she's doing a Beekman goat beauty products TSV.

So I think the only host highly likely to wear the swimsuit tomorrow is Kerstin.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

24 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Amy looks better and more comfortable with the matching wrap!  Keep your clothes on Amy!  She's also sharing too many TMI stories about swimsuits!  Perhaps influenced by Unwashed One. 

20210416_004310.jpg.8c3a6736e213add0ddea26c5da9fe22c.jpg

Agree she looks better with the wrap!  I think Amy looks good in practically everything, but not so much that suit.  It may be the cut of the suit — I don’t like the cut of the legs.  
Haven’t seen any live presentations yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Agree she looks better with the wrap!  I think Amy looks good in practically everything, but not so much that suit.  It may be the cut of the suit — I don’t like the cut of the legs.  
Haven’t seen any live presentations yet.

QVC will repeat the TSV show from 3 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.

• Like 1

Monifa said the dreaded words “I’ve just moved across the country....” Oh dear! Hope you’ve rented and not bought Hun!  Realtors in the Westchester area must lick their chops every time Q has a re-org. 

Recent casualties such as Stacey, Antonella and the rest must be wondering what Monifa has that they don’t.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 4

You know, with a swimsuit as the TSV, Friday would be the perfect day to have a beauty show featuring self-tanner. But I don't see any beauty shows on the Friday schedule. Missed opportunity, QVC!

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

12 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

I don't mind Amy modeling the swimsuit. She looks good in it. Yep, she certainly is straight up and down, very narrow hips. She really is an XS or even XXS. What drives me crazy is when the hosts keep changing clothes throughout the show, acting like they feel obligated to wear every single thing. (Kerstin and Shawn are the worst offenders.)

Checking the program guide to see which hosts might be modeling the swimsuit tomorrow:

1:00 p.m. Jen? Probably not at 1:00, because that's an Isaac show. Maybe at 3:00 p.m. when she does accessories.

6:00 p.m. Courtney comes on with Jane. Probably not. Courtney is kind of modest.

9:00 p.m. Shawn. Probably not, because it's an Isaac show. Her 10:00 p.m. show is Dare to Share. I doubt she'd wear a swimsuit for that show. At midnight she's doing a Beekman goat beauty products TSV.

So I think the only host highly likely to wear the swimsuit tomorrow is Kerstin.

I have no idea what Kerstin did, but the last presentation of the day was during Terri's show and she was wearing the coverup that can be bought separately.  The wrap Amy was wearing was pretty much gone earlier in the morning.

They had brought in 30,000 swimsuits and were down to less than 5000 by the end of the noon hour, including one option that sold out at midnight.

• Useful 3

17 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Kerstin had the bathing suits on for a couple of hours. She looked good in them. Neither Jane or Courtney had bathing suits on. They were too busy screaming over each other couldn't hear a word, Jane was so flipping loud, I turned it off.

• Laugh 4
  • Sad 1

Jane:  "Courtney, you're my baby girl here at QVC and we're kindred spirits."

Click.

• Laugh 7
  • Sad 3

16 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Kerstanky looks utterly thrilled. 

I don’t care for the long, artificially sustained animated host like Jane or Rachel, but sometimes Kerstin appears to disconnect from her spirit  and “de-animates” to the point of a momentary loss of consciousness.
2E794ACE-5478-4AEC-894C-79882D570C0A.jpeg.8dc4c0383a3a47164e0a1f2097694531.jpeg🙂D36236B8-3965-4C2C-AA8B-012F8D80AA6C.jpeg.1e83f5df5bd6a3085c3b2376ed1132b7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 7

JustJill has another venture.

“YOU'RE INVITED TO THE GRAND OPENING of the JUST JILL SHOP!

For many years, you've asked me about products, specifically, what I love. From what I wear and use in my personal life and home, to unique finds and those I feature on my platforms.

After much thought, research and months of planning, I'm thrilled to announce that starting Sunday, you'll be able to shop on justjill.com. And to kick it all off, I'm going to be featuring something I've always loved-sterling silver jewelry!

I'll be going LIVE on FB this Sunday evening at 7p est. to share my first capsule collection! It includes pieces I've helped to design, specialty designer looks and classics from Italy. I'm thrilled to share this carefully curated collection with all of you.

And jewelry is just the beginning! In the weeks to come, I'll be adding more and more variety to the Just Jill Shop, and hope you'll continue to stop by to see what's new.

SAVE THE DATE! I can't wait to tell you more about this latest adventure on Sunday night, here on my Just Jill Bauer FB page! A perfect night to get cozy and go shopping! Let's make it a STERLING affair!”

Edited by Thumper
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 6

31 minutes ago, Thumper said:

JustJill has another venture.

“YOU'RE INVITED TO THE GRAND OPENING of the JUST JILL SHOP!

For many years, you've asked me about products, specifically, what I love. From what I wear and use in my personal life and home, to unique finds and those I feature on my platforms.

After much thought, research and months of planning, I'm thrilled to announce that starting Sunday, you'll be able to shop on justjill.com. And to kick it all off, I'm going to be featuring something I've always loved-sterling silver jewelry!

I'll be going LIVE on FB this Sunday evening at 7p est. to share my first capsule collection! It includes pieces I've helped to design, specialty designer looks and classics from Italy. I'm thrilled to share this carefully curated collection with all of you.

And jewelry is just the beginning! In the weeks to come, I'll be adding more and more variety to the Just Jill Shop, and hope you'll continue to stop by to see what's new.

SAVE THE DATE! I can't wait to tell you more about this latest adventure on Sunday night, here on my Just Jill Bauer FB page! A perfect night to get cozy and go shopping! Let's make it a STERLING affair!”

Oh no, it looks like she’s following in a certain former host’s footsteps, including a FB live show.

• Like 16

59 minutes ago, Booney said:

Oh no, it looks like she’s following in a certain former host’s footsteps, including a FB live show.

Another Sofa Shopping Channel.....these hosts just can't learn a new trick. I don't ever look at the "other" channel and have no idea if it is successful but I imagine that it is not easy to compete with the giant Q. Jill has a huge ego and believes the world needs her advice. 

• Like 13

On 4/15/2021 at 6:44 PM, lovemesomejoolery said:

I don't know...the geese with the waving and swinging arms is pretty awful.

Jesus, who puts this stuff in their yards?

Gee thanks LOVESMESOMEJOOLERY. I bought all 3 sets for my new yard!   

Just kidding. 😀

• Laugh 16

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

it pays and acting doesn't

Soap opera vet Terri Conn can testify to that.

Look at Katrina Szish too.  She also has a master's degree and a resume chock-full of experience in the fashion world, including on TV.  But you gotta pay the bills.

• Like 22

Working at the Q can cover expenses for two actors. Just ask Janie. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 17

18 hours ago, Thumper said:

I'll be going LIVE on FB this Sunday evening at 7p est. to share my first capsule collection!

Remember when Blabby tried this and failed?

That’s why I think Janie is so breathlessly exuberant every time she’s on air - she’s so grateful to be there - and she will not mess up again!

Take note, Jilly. 

• Like 15
  • Laugh 4

23 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

63EBE790-388B-4F93-B107-4EA29C16AE13.jpeg.da9d10608efe499dd9876a6170f47f44.jpeghere she is this afternoon, the blue suit is a denim & co

I know Denim&Co can be frumpy, but she didn't help it at all. You've got to have some curves for this.

• Like 9

Jane just will not let this female OAP for Beekman get two sentences about the product out before she interrupts her. 🙄

I've noticed recently that Jane has been more intentional about pronouncing "coral" correctly, instead of saying "Carl" over and over. But, she still can't help calling the stuff that comes out of the goats "melk."

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3

9 minutes ago, MisterShrug said:

Jane just will not let this female OAP for Beekman get two sentences about the product out before she interrupts her. 🙄

I've noticed recently that Jane has been more intentional about pronouncing "coral" correctly, instead of saying "Carl" over and over. But, she still can't help calling the stuff that comes out of the goats "melk."

The female OAP is Alison Waggoner, who was a host on ShopHQ/Evine before she left there and became the Beekmans' "Milkmaid" a while after.

If you've ever watched ShopHQ/Evine and seen Waggoner Chocolates, that's her family.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.