Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

11 minutes ago, MisterShrug said:

Well, Mrs. Shrug loved them. So yes, for better or worse, I do remember, including how much for the 3 Easy Pays (if you live in MD): 🤑

Masks.thumb.png.fcde2004bfc7e1c8d4a69c5418c00d0e.png

She is a breast cancer survivor, hence the pink.

I took a look at them once I saw the post here - I like the printed one in the pink set that your wife got!

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Somebody Stop Me said:

Jane called DV babycakes tonight. 🤢

I noticed they call each other "honey", but with such force.

So weird.  And annoying.

They definitely modeled those goofy cheerleaders from SNL after them.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Laugh 10

48 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

I noticed they call each other "honey", but with such force.

So weird.  And annoying.

They definitely modeled those goofy cheerleaders from SNL after them.

🤣🤣🤣

I never thought of that, but you are so spot on, @CandyApple!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Anyone else think sometimes the deepness of David's voice makes it sounds like he is about to burp?

This must be the point where I am due for another well deserved vacation from the Q....

• Like 4
  • Laugh 9

Here’s one that I made the other day when someone mention Jane, Pom poms and cheerleading in the same sentence.

Gimme a “Q“!  Gimme a “V”!  Gimme a “C”!     What’s it spell?        JANE TREACY!
7D6AE342-020B-4104-8E9D-3049F95E4E07.thumb.jpeg.f13db32a054d8ce2dbe12178baf7d145.jpeg

• Laugh 18

2 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Anyone else think sometimes the deepness of David's voice makes it sounds like he is about to burp?

This must be the point where I am due for another well deserved vacation from the Q....

I know what you mean about the deep voice!  lol

• Laugh 3

24 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

Yes. Like he’s suppressing the burp. He puts it on hold, in hopes that he’ll make it to the end of his sentence.  Yes.

Sometimes I laugh so hard, I sweat.  And I'm not a sweater. 

I'm sweating! 

That's exactly what I was thinking!  You verbalized it better than I did.

Ha ha ha!!!!!!!!

• Laugh 5

2 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Yes!!! I have always found his voice and clipped way of speaking immensely irritating. The burp description is right on! He strikes me as very gassy! I think he's a bag of hot air.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 13

14 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Martha Stewart also seemed to enjoy shows with Rick, (the garden, candles and pressure washer type stuff), more than some of the female hosts.

I think Martha would “do” Rick. If you know what mean. And I know you do. 😍

• Like 1
  • Laugh 17
  • Surprise 3

19 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Martha Stewart also seemed to enjoy shows with Rick, (the garden, candles and pressure washer type stuff), more than some of the female hosts.

Speaking of the OG Diva, is she still appearing on QVC programming?  Haven't seen mention of her lately.

18 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

*Starts the regift list if I ever get as a gift anything that includes marshmallows*

Amen sistah!  See also; raisins (or any dried fruit), nuts (no bueno for teeth).

16 hours ago, Thumper said:

Do you remember how much they wanted for the Diamonique mask?  I have seen people wearing sequined masks, so I believe this would sell.

In all fairness to VPH, she probably has to display all that merchandise in a smaller space at home than she does at QVC.

SNL once did a very funny skit about guys going to the drugstore Christmas Eve to buy their girlfriend a Christmas gift!   I agree that it’s fun to stroll the aisles and find random items I need (or suddenly realize I need!).  lol.  I like Walgreen’s better than CVS.

Drug stores will always be an upgrade from car washes and gas stations.  Be grateful.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 7

22 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Amen sistah!  See also; raisins (or any dried fruit), nuts (no bueno for teeth).

Drug stores will always be an upgrade from car washes and gas stations.  Be grateful.

With you on the raisins/dried fruit.

If the gas station sells lottery/scratch game tickets, you can fill up your tank and pick up stocking stuffers at the same time.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

4 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

With you on the raisins/dried fruit.

If the gas station sells lottery/scratch game tickets, you can fill up your tank and pick up stocking stuffers at the same time.

👍 to lottery tickets!

• Like 2

I know these home arcade machines are supposed to be nostalgic, fun, and exciting, but watching the presentations is as boring as watching paint dry.

Maybe more so.

• Like 11

Too bad the Epps can't get the kiddos to come out and play with it during these presentations if they're even interested!!  Or is it to appeal to just nostalgic adults?  Sadly, this $200 novelty wears off fast especially with the advanced realistic gaming available right now that took over the gaming world.  Plus parents, teens and young adults are saving up for the new PlayStation 5 and Xbox release this Dec (Christmas) for about $300 which is really exciting if you're a gamer!!

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4
  • Useful 4

25 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Too bad the Epps can't get the kiddos to come out and play with it during these presentations if they're even interested!!  Or is it to appeal to just nostalgic adults?  Sadly, this $200 novelty wears off fast especially with the advanced realistic gaming available right now that took over the gaming world.  Plus parents, teens and young adults are saving up for the new PlayStation 5 and Xbox release this Dec (Christmas) for about $300 which is really exciting if you're a gamer!!

Hubs recently expressed an interest in getting a game console (yes, we're the one household that doesn't have one).  Are they wireless?  (The last one we had was the ORIGINAL Nintendo, lol).  The man needs something to occupy his mind, since the body is unwilling.  I would prefer it not be yet another screen activity, but reality is what it is.  I would be interested in opinions about which console/games might be the best to ease into for older fuddy duddies.  

Answer on the Small Talk thread if you're so inclined.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Clicked on Q2 only to walk in on a rerun of FriYay!

Jane is wearing one of those sports team jackets.

Jane, speaking to the OAP:  "I'm the mother of a New Yorker."

Does anyone get a Mama Rose vibe where Jane is concerned?

• Like 5
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Dan Hughes looks creepy with his goatee. He needs a major trim. He was presenting the Pac-Man TSV. I bought this last year from HSN. I quickly returned it. Sometimes you just can’t go back. LOL!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

29 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Sing out Louise !

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

2 hours ago, CandyApple said:

really,realllllly wish Jane would stop her daughter a New Yorker.the only reason she is a "New Yorker" is because mommy and daddy are paying for a apartment.when 20 out of your 24 years are spent in virginia,you are a virginian.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, CandyApple said:

I'll ask this to the New Yorkers who are around, because I know you're out there.  Is NYC like DC, which there are New Yorkers and then there are New Yorkers?  As in because of the transient population there is a distinction between the ones who have moved there and those who are actually born and raised?

Because I know here in the DC area that distinction exists, and I have to think it's the same in NYC.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 9

28 minutes ago, Aerohalen said:

really,realllllly wish Jane would stop her daughter a New Yorker.the only reason she is a "New Yorker" is because mommy and daddy are paying for a apartment.when 20 out of your 24 years are spent in virginia,you are a virginian.

I guess it depends on how you want to identify yourself.  Or in this case, how your mother wants to identify you.

Jane seems desperate to have a link to the big city, because that is where the lights shine brightest and the stages command the most attention.

Pennsylvania is a beautiful state.  Lovely stone houses, great schools, good people.  She should be proud to have her overgrown fledglings call it their hometown.

I've been a fish out of water living in Florida for years.  Lived in NY, too.  Born, raised, and resided in NJ for the bulk of my life.  Still feel like a Jersey Girl (woman) (person).

I could legitimately call myself a Floridian.  Not feeling it, so I usually don't.  However, when people criticize this state as backwards and lump its residents together as a monolith, I do take it personally.

• Like 11

There are New Yorkers and Noo Yawkers!  Like night and day!!  Even the more sophisticated real New Yorkers have a distinction and realness.  This is downstate NYC area of course. Upstate is another world compared.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 6

I was born and bred in The Big Apple. (Da Bronx, a borough of Manhattan) I've lived, for large portions of my life, in California (L.A. and San Francisco), Chicago (great city), and now for the past 20 years, South Florida (where my NYC relatives moved to in the '50's and '60's).  But I just naturally "identify" myself as a New Yorker, whatever that might mean....

2 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

There are New Yorkers and New Yawkers!  Like night and day!!  Even the more sophisticated real New Yorkers have a distinction and realness.  This is downstate NYC area of course. Upstate is another world compared.

I love upstate New York, very picturesque -- the Hudson River Valley, Sleepy Hollow (if I ever won the lotto, I'd move there), etc.  But it is not "Noo Yawk".

• Like 6

Whenever I watch HGTV International, it's amusing to me how many of the "hunters", moving abroad, are presented as "New Yorkers" when it's obvious that Canada is their real hometown.  The accents are so obvious, lol.

@CandyApple, yes, whenever our Sunshine State is referred to as "Flori-DUH" I get really pissed off.  

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

4 hours ago, CandyApple said:

I have always said that, I can just hear her yelling “Sing out Kara, Sing out Diedre”. Halloween is fast approaching, I wonder what her and the girls will dress as this year.  Last year they were the Hocus Pocus witches and the husband was the devil.  They’re a real show biz family🤣

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

1 minute ago, LucyEth said:

I have always said that, I can just hear her yelling “Sing out Kara, Sing out Diedre”. Halloween is fast approaching, I wonder what her and the girls will dress as this year.  Last year they were the Hocus Pocus witches and the husband was the devil.  They’re a real show biz family🤣

They are tight.  I'll give them that.

I have this feeling that, instead of a surprising transition to boat living like a bygone host, one day the Treacy clan will suddenly decide to leave it all behind and set out for a life devoted to Disney World.  I will not use the surprised emoji. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 8

17 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

They are tight.  I'll give them that.

I have this feeling that, instead of a surprising transition to boat living like a bygone host, one day the Treacy clan will suddenly decide to leave it all behind and set out for a life devoted to Disney World.  I will not use the surprised emoji. 

I wish them no ill will, but if a dancer hasn't made it yet in her mid-20s... the clock's a-tickin'. LOUDLY.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1

Bronx Babe, I understand your status as I was born in Brooklyn, but only lived there 2 years. Stop in Oregon, and then on to SF/Bay Area/Silicon Valley. Now living on the Treasure Coast of South Florida. We might be neighbors!😉

I still have family in Manhattan and Garrison...and I still relate to NY. 

• Like 3

This is David's recipe being displayed proudly on the ITKWD web page.  Says it's from his "half homemade" recipes.  I call it full-on disgusting homemade.

The concept isn't terrible (I enjoy broccoli cheese soup from Panera just like anyone does!), but isn't this easily made from scratch, without all the process cheese stuff?

According to David, it's "loaded with supermarket short cuts".  Buckle up for Mac 'N Cheese Soup with Ham - to which he uses two cans of cheddar condensed soup, adds some ham, chicken stock, pepper, pasta and a can of tomatoes along with some fresh cheddar cheese.   He says the can of tomatoes will make mom and dad feel good serving it to kids, since it has a vegetable.....!

https://www.qvc.com/content/kitchen-food/in-the-kitchen-with-david.html?redirectTerm=itkwd

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Surprise 6
  • Sad 3

QVC sure loves everything Sherpa. Jackets, blankets, socks, hats and probably underwear for all I know. Also, why does Shawn look like a street person? Just sayin......

10AD5344-6C66-48CD-977F-119D8D43A2B5.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

This is David's recipe being displayed proudly on the ITKWD web page.  Says it's from his "half homemade" recipes.  I call it full-on disgusting homemade.

The concept isn't terrible (I enjoy broccoli cheese soup from Panera just like anyone does!), but isn't this easily made from scratch, without all the process cheese stuff?

According to David, it's "loaded with supermarket short cuts".  Buckle up for Mac 'N Cheese Soup with Ham - to which he uses two cans of cheddar condensed soup, adds some ham, chicken stock, pepper, pasta and a can of tomatoes along with some fresh cheddar cheese.   He says the can of tomatoes will make mom and dad feel good serving it to kids, since it has a vegetable.....!

https://www.qvc.com/content/kitchen-food/in-the-kitchen-with-david.html?redirectTerm=itkwd

I agree. David's recipe uses more processed foods that we don't need. My mac'n'cheese recipe I use a can of cream of chicken soup, but the rest is super easy just the way it is. I cook the pasta, add spices, grated real cheeses. What's hard about that? 

It never ceases to amaze how some hosts make something that we all know is simple into something complicated. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

QVC sure loves everything Sherpa. Jackets, blankets, socks, hats and probably underwear for all I know. Also, why does Shawn look like a street person? Just sayin......

10AD5344-6C66-48CD-977F-119D8D43A2B5.jpeg

image.png.93f1c00c629b710da2a86b146722aa50.png

Feels like a lawsuit coming on. Boise Cascade has been around a lot longer than Life is Good has.

Edited by LeeDenny · Reason: Looks like they stole the logo of Boise Cascade
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Did Mrs. Prindables ever make an apple that was dipped in chocolate after being dipped in caramel (a double dip, if you will) or has it always been only the chips rolled in the caramel?

I imagine the mouthfeel of all of those chips can be a bit jarring.  And any of the edible adornments that are adhered to the apple remind me of kitty litter.

I prefer a caramel layer, then a chocolate layer, then bejeweled with pecans.

Fuss pot that I am, I'm sure i would inhale any TSV, slice by slice until it disappears, if placed in front of me. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

image.png.93f1c00c629b710da2a86b146722aa50.png

Feels like a lawsuit coming on. Boise Cascade has been around a lot longer than Life is Good has.

I worked for Boise Cascade for 25 years!  I'll have to check out the presentation online to see what fresh hell happened......ETA:  no need to view it online....I just saw the tree on the blanket!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 6

Sharon Hanby-Robie:  "Color is the second most emotional trigger."

Interesting.

What's the first?

She's gone.

Thanks for leaving us hanging, Sharon.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Laugh 9

26 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Did Mrs. Prindables ever make an apple that was dipped in chocolate after being dipped in caramel (a double dip, if you will) or has it always been only the chips rolled in the caramel?

I imagine the mouthfeel of all of those chips can be a bit jarring.  And any of the edible adornments that are adhered to the apple remind me of kitty litter.

I prefer a caramel layer, then a chocolate layer, then bejeweled with pecans.

Fuss pot that I am, I'm sure i would inhale any TSV, slice by slice until it disappears, if placed in front of me. 

Before I ever knew about QVC, I used to be able to get Mrs. Prindables apples at Nordstrom.  They were very, very large, dipped in thick caramel and decorated beautifully.  They had sparkling gold or silver sugars, real chocolate and nuts sort of dripped all around, and were packaged very elegantly, for an apple!  Never had flavored chips like they do now....even their website has ones similar to the ones QVC sells....but they do have some that are decorated nicely, just not as extravagantly as they used to be.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

33 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Before I ever knew about QVC, I used to be able to get Mrs. Prindables apples at Nordstrom.  They were very, very large, dipped in thick caramel and decorated beautifully.  They had sparkling gold or silver sugars, real chocolate and nuts sort of dripped all around, and were packaged very elegantly, for an apple!  Never had flavored chips like they do now....even their website has ones similar to the ones QVC sells....but they do have some that are decorated nicely, just not as extravagantly as they used to be.

Sounds beautiful!  And delicious!   Bummer that they have scaled back on the bedecking of their apples. 

We have Kilwin's handmade candy shops here (didn't realize until recently that they are everywhere) and they have nice dipped apples amongst other chocolate creations.  I enjoy seeing them making candy on the thick slabs of marble in their window.  Philosophy would be smart to recreate the scent of that shop.

Here is one of their current website offerings.: 

359598556_150721_004WebLG_0.jpg.bc565b42a10e5725744096295d716823.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Syringa Vulgaris said:

I wish them no ill will, but if a dancer hasn't made it yet in her mid-20s... the clock's a-tickin'. LOUDLY.

I’m surprised the girls don’t work at Disney World. They use tons of singers, dancers and actors. Maybe they don’t make enough money but hey, they would be at DW all the time!

• Like 11
  • Laugh 2

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.