Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Shopping Channel Hosts: Sales Prevention Team

Comfort Code TS from Cuddl Duds on HSN

These two clothing lines make me hate the letter "C".

And Colleen, I know at this point you are untouchable in the criticism department, but don't tell me a "jogger set" that looks like I should be wearing it after having my tonsils out and convalescing on the couch with a soothing bowl of ice cream, crayons, and coloring book, that I can dress it up with boots to go out.

I most certainly will not.

She is sounding desperate.  I'm sure we have pallets here in Florida, too.

image.png.6d0199a4102514be6b7ec5e75a5121a2.png

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

Rerun of Gourmet Holiday (Corky's TSV)

MaryBeth:  "I can't come home to my kids unless I bring macaroni and cheese."

Here's the thing:  I'm sure they have a couple of fingers among them.  They can order it themselves.

Here's the other thing:  they can use those same fingers to actually make some!

• Like 15
  • Laugh 1

18 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Rerun of Gourmet Holiday (Corky's TSV)

MaryBeth:  "I can't come home to my kids unless I bring macaroni and cheese."

Here's the thing:  I'm sure they have a couple of fingers among them.  They can order it themselves.

Here's the other thing:  they can use those same fingers to actually make some!

What are her “kids” now, in their 30s? She makes it sound like she’s got tweens at home.

• Like 12
  • Laugh 5

5 hours ago, Friday said:

IMG_2506.JPG

My grandmother was a lovely lady, and I miss her, but she was the WORST cook ever.  I dreaded meals at her house.  She discovered Bacos (fake bacon bits), and they appeared in everything.  Salad, pancakes, jello--yes, jello.  My dad said the food growing up was terrible, too.  He claimed she could not boil water.  She did break all her crystal bowls pouring boiling water in them trying to make jello.  This cookbook cover has me shaking my head and laughing.  NO ONE would like my grandmother's recipes!  Memories......

5 hours ago, Friday said:

IMG_2506.JPG

My grandmother was a lovely lady, and I miss her, but she was the WORST cook ever.  I dreaded meals at her house.  She discovered Bacos (fake bacon bits), and they appeared in everything.  Salad, pancakes, jello--yes, jello.  My dad said the food growing up was terrible, too.  He claimed she could not boil water.  She did break all her crystal bowls pouring boiling water in them trying to make jello.  This cookbook cover has me shaking my head and laughing.  NO ONE would like my grandmother's recipes!  Memories......

• Like 1
  • Laugh 15

17 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

Rick describing most every Val item:  "GREAT!"   With an occasional "ADORABLE!" for certain figurines and Xmas village houses.

Oh, well, I've concluded it's certainly more tolerable than hearing Carolyn and her baby talk -- "Aww, look at the cutesy-wootsey snowman!" Or Blabby working in the family and every dead relative....

Although Domeier did mention his late mother and father re: VPH gifts for nursing homes.

I really hate when they do this.

I like Rick with Val. He’s game to try some arranging on his own. He’s a good host. He knows his way around Christmas decor, good with food.  Seems to know his way around a kitchen.  Does jewelry shows well. I like him. He gets a little hepped up but it’s part of his selling schtick.

• Like 16

Re:  Blabby with her put down of drugstore gifts:

Just because she is the biggest "rah rah" on QVC doesn't mean she is the nicest person in real life.

I came to this realization a few years ago when she was describing how t-shirts lose their color and shape after a while, and that we should refresh them every year and donate the old ones. 

Never forgot how she thought it was charitable to give away clothing that, due to its condition, would be better off in the garbage can (or Peace Love World's design studio).

• Like 9
  • Sad 3

Diva is notorious for the "put down other stores" sales schtick.

I'm just catching up, but I caught a quick glimpse of both Alberti and Jane on Gourmet Holiday yesterday.  I turned it off after they were gushing all over each other.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

i find it interesting that some of the palleted stuff is also current merch

and it's sold on the resell sites, for much less, of course sizes are all over,  usually more plus sizes avail 

• Useful 4

You're right @CandyApple Valerie's remote home studio is at capacity with Christmas decor!!  I guess the profit must be worth the sacrifice of all that clutter!!

1814750991_Screenshot2020-10-23at11_24_36AM.thumb.png.c199fdf92d69bcbc34a1bc29ea8417cf.png

• Like 7
  • Surprise 1

2 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

You're right @CandyApple Valerie's remote home studio is at capacity with Christmas decor!!  I guess the profit must be worth the sacrifice of all that clutter!!

1814750991_Screenshot2020-10-23at11_24_36AM.thumb.png.c199fdf92d69bcbc34a1bc29ea8417cf.png

• layered in 
  • married
  • sweet
  • little

did I forget one,   tucked

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Don't forget the built-ins for coastal Christmas clutter!  

491050749_Screenshot2020-10-23at11_38_46AM.png.ffa3c9bb1748df709ed5028d1fb65cc0.png

• Laugh 9

8 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

491050749_Screenshot2020-10-23at11_38_46AM.png.ffa3c9bb1748df709ed5028d1fb65cc0.png

those are all "tucked in" 

• Laugh 3

12 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Oh how wonderful it would be if Valerie used that phrase!  I can dream, can't I?!

• Laugh 5

13 minutes ago, hummingbird said:
  • layered in 
  • married
  • sweet
  • little

did I forget one,   tucked

• buried
  • hoarded
  • submerged

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12

17 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Oh, it's time for Jane and the old family home movies.

Watcing rerun of this on Q2.  Regarding the home movie she showed of the kids hanging the stockings by the fireplace, she said she wasn't even born yet. So why show it?   To be fair, I'd say the same thing if she was in it.  Why is she always forcing her family down our throats?

Surprised she hasn't convinced QVC to sell a Jane's Family Tree poster, complete with her genealogy dating back to the 1600s.  Of course it will be dotted with cardinals for each member of the family who has passed.

Perfect gift for the holidays. And not from the drugstore!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 17

39 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

I think this was the area that I thought looked like a gift shop, but now that I think about it again, the sweet little things were more under-the-sea aqua blue and even cozier in how close they were to each other.

All she needs are little hang tags with prices on them.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

trying to be Haimish it's a yiddish word evoking , home, simple, warm, relaxed, cozy, unpretentious, etc.

same thing Diva is doing with his stupid oversized decorations 

and thereby encourage the viewer to want to buy those things to have that same feeling of an old fashioned Christmas

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Surprised she hasn't convinced QVC to sell a Jane's Family Tree poster, complete with her genealogy dating back to the 1600s.  Of course it will be dotted with cardinals for each member of the family who has passed.

Perfect gift for the holidays. And not from the drugstore!

That would definitely be up for a gift of spite!

• Like 5
  • Laugh 4

I strongly suspect that Mary Beth has live in "help" or has a professional chef on call.  I'm tiring of her nonsense.  Jane too, although I never really cared for her.

Heaven forbid one of her family members receives a drugstore gift!

I've been known to pickup a Secret Santa, grab bag and last minute gift from a low class, common, vulgar drugstore!  When it's chocolate nobody really minded its source. 

• Like 10

Speaking of oversized decorations, Mr. Christmas was offering oversized vintage-looking ceramic snowmen, elves, etc.  The OAP said they needed special oversized kilns in which to bake them.

Maybe people would be better off with David's oversized blow up toys, because I would be afraid a hairline crack would ruin my elf while it was traveling in the mail.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Drugstores are about the only stores I venture into these days.  It's a one stop shop for all life's essentials and non-essentials with lots of sales and member rewards too!!  I get 20% off all non-sale items at Rite Aid as a rewards club member!  With perks at CVS and Walgreens too. Unlike the Q. 

• Like 10

I always buy stocking stuffers at the drug store. It is a veritable cornucopia of Christmas delights. Suck a d*ck, Jane.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 12

7 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

I like Rick with Val. He’s game to try some arranging on his own. He’s a good host. He knows his way around Christmas decor, good with food.  Seems to know his way around a kitchen.  Does jewelry shows well. I like him. He gets a little hepped up but it’s part of his selling schtick.

I agree, @AuntCarol.  And I also think Val enjoys the male/female dynamic between them.  In of course a nice, platonic, brother-and-sister kind of way.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Here’s a suggestion, Mighty (boring) Q:

Why not establish YET another Q channel...just to loop the TSV 24 hours a day!  That way, those who have no interest in seeing the same product for a minimum of 45-60 mins per show, could watch...and, perhaps PURCHASE, a product that is of more interest. Fascinating? 🤔

Really sick of Groundhog Day sales programming. 💤💥click💥

• Like 16

17 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Sorry, I should just let this go, but what Jane said about going to the grocery store was actually in very poor taste.

These days you've got lots of people who won't leave their homes, can't leave their homes, and are unemployed or underemployed.  Food bank use is through the roof.  There are plenty of them who would be delighted if someone took the time, spent his or her own money, and paid a visit to the grocery store on their behalf or gave them a grocery store gift card.

Edit:  I see the original post got changed to Drugstore.  My opinion expressed in the unedited paragraphs above still stands, because people need stuff from the Walgreens or the CVS too (and my local CVS has an ATM).

The only time a certain NoseWiper/Picker host  mentions drugstores, groceries or supermarkets in any positive light is when she's berating Isaac for his pretentious gourmet chocolate candy preferences.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Val's displays are seizure inducing.

Lot's of nice items can be found at drugstores. Last year, and I am starting to see it again this year, Walgreens had nice Soap and Glory sets at really good prices. A different set every week as a special.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4

2 hours ago, CandyApple said:

2 hours ago, Dottie D said:

That would definitely be up for a gift of spite!

To take a bit further... What a shock it would be to discover oneself IN her family tree, for the fear Jane would use your name in a pitch to sell something. No one in her family is safe from the inane contrived stories. "My dear departed great great great aunt Concertina, who was on the Mayflower and stood up all the way to America and endured the harshness and bitter cold of winter and loneliness, would have loved the warmth and softness of these Minnie Mouse socks."

• Like 5
  • Laugh 11

26 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

I agree, @AuntCarol.  And I also think Val enjoys the male/female dynamic between them.  In of course a nice, platonic, brother-and-sister kind of way.

I always picture them hanging out together after the show, playing pool, smoking cigars, and enjoying some bourbon, straight from Valerie's beloved home state of Kentucky.

• Laugh 14

Martha Stewart also seemed to enjoy shows with Rick, (the garden, candles and pressure washer type stuff), more than some of the female hosts.

• Like 8

Drugstores often have cute Christmas decorations too. Some of my favorite small tabletop decorations came from CVS.

• Like 11

Courtney W on Q2 was saying there are people that have lots of ornaments and there are other people who don't have very many.

"I'm one of those people that don't have too many. My husband and I decided we would only use ornaments that have special meaning."

Did I mention she was selling ornaments?

Did I mention that they didn't look very special? 

I wonder what her sale numbers were for that show...

• Laugh 12
  • Surprise 1

23 minutes ago, sauce62 said:

I always buy stocking stuffers at the drug store. It is a veritable cornucopia of Christmas delights. Suck a d*ck, Jane.

And when you need a big bow for those last minute gifts.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 14

16 minutes ago, MzBrooklyn said:

Here’s a suggestion, Mighty (boring) Q:

Why not establish YET another Q channel...just to loop the TSV 24 hours a day!  That way, those who have no interest in seeing the same product for a minimum of 45-60 mins per show, could watch...and, perhaps PURCHASE, a product that is of more interest. Fascinating? 🤔

Really sick of Groundhog Day sales programming. 💤💥click💥

I agree completely. They could just loop through TSV and Q2 BFD all day on Q3.

At one point last night, during the show with Jane and Skype-CoKo, they showed the Len-Ox (as Jane kept inexplicably pronouncing it) ornaments for so long that they literally ran out of things to say about them and had to have filler chat to run out the clock on the presentation.

Just think about that. 🤔 When your item presentation runs so long that Jane runs out of things to say about it, you know you need to get more items in your show.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12

One thing about Rick that seems to come out in these types of shows is that he has been married for probably 25+ years. He’s used to moving things around to decorate. Giving his opinion on how it looks and then immediately accepting advice on what might look better. “No, over a little to the left, honey”.  He’s used to kitchen duty. He and Val always work well, and one might give a tip of the hat to Mrs D in that regard 😉

• Like 13

Somebody explain what is up with the pointless Host at Home cameos? They add nothing.  A host sitting on her couch?

If there is a host in the studio with professional cameras, professional lighting and the full set, that's all that's needed.  If it's so busy that they need 2 hosts, then drive your butt into work.

I don't get it.

• Like 11

I think Martha Stewart just has a better rapport with men in general.

When she was on Celebrity Jeopardy, she was quite the giggly contestant with Alex Trebek.

And then there is her, uh, mellow relationship with Snoop Dogg.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 3

I agree about the Host at Home nonsense.

Yesterday, Pat sounded like she was calling from the inside of a tin can. And she had a ton of turkey in front of her, which Officer Jayne said she wouldn't be able to eat by herself, so could freeze the rest.

Apparently, Officer Jayne does double duty as the food police.

In the past, she commented that Pat's salad cost $20 at the cafeteria, because they charge by weight, and Pat put a lot of stuff in her salad.  Jayne couldn't stop laughing at Pat's expense. She's told the story more than once.

Why must Jayne always micromanage Pat, treating her like a useful idiot? 

• Like 2
  • Surprise 8

Here’s something no one needs for their gift closet, and it may even qualify as a Gift a Spite. Jen, wearing it, screeched, “A DIAMONIQUE FACE MASK!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??”

That was my first thought - are you kidding me? She made sure to let us know that it’s machine washable. Whoop-de-do.

1BFBCDA3-9C90-4D46-8DC0-08A110CCB2F0.thumb.jpeg.a3ba3d664f830d0cc1cc7254f479aca6.jpeg

ETA - It hasn’t even been presented yet, and it’s almost sold out. Will wonders never cease?

Edited by Booney
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 7
  • Sad 4

21 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Any establishment that sells these essentials is on my must stop by list.

Shame on you Jane Tracey!

1.jpg

6041-1000.jpg

That's why I laugh when I see Russell Stover sold on QVC when they are sold at the local drugstore and there is a good chance their delicious classic chocolate covered marshmallow treats are on sale too!  Though I did learn here that you can customize your order with your favorites if you order on the RS website which is nice.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

1.jpg

6041-1000.jpg

If someone gives me dark chocolate marshmallow anything I will be deeply grateful. 🥰

• Like 10

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Somebody explain what is up with the pointless Host at Home cameos? They add nothing.  A host sitting on her couch?

If there is a host in the studio with professional cameras, professional lighting and the full set, that's all that's needed.  If it's so busy that they need 2 hosts, then drive your butt into work.

I don't get it.

It’s to let “her” feel like she’s friends with the hosts, like “she” has a special invitation to share in the hosts’ lives. Because every “her” out there is an idiot who buys into that crap. 🙄

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

1.jpg

6041-1000.jpg

These are the major reason I even venture into Walgreen's!  Those above and these:

image.thumb.png.df241e5c0943b83e409a2476f7de9a7d.png

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, Booney said:

Here’s something no one needs for their gift closet, and it may even qualify as a Gift a Spite. Jen, wearing it, screeched, “A DIAMONIQUE FACE MASK!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??”

That was my first thought - are you kidding me? She made sure to let us know that it’s machine washable. Whoop-de-do.

1BFBCDA3-9C90-4D46-8DC0-08A110CCB2F0.thumb.jpeg.a3ba3d664f830d0cc1cc7254f479aca6.jpeg

ETA - It hasn’t even been presented yet, and it’s almost sold out. Will wonders never cease?

Just what I wanted!  A disco ball implanted on my face!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Laugh 10

Do you remember how much they wanted for the Diamonique mask?  I have seen people wearing sequined masks, so I believe this would sell.

In all fairness to VPH, she probably has to display all that merchandise in a smaller space at home than she does at QVC.

SNL once did a very funny skit about guys going to the drugstore Christmas Eve to buy their girlfriend a Christmas gift!   I agree that it’s fun to stroll the aisles and find random items I need (or suddenly realize I need!).  lol.  I like Walgreen’s better than CVS.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 7

28 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Do you remember how much they wanted for the Diamonique mask?  I have seen people wearing sequined masks, so I believe this would sell.

Well, Mrs. Shrug loved them. So yes, for better or worse, I do remember, including how much for the 3 Easy Pays (if you live in MD): 🤑

Masks.thumb.png.fcde2004bfc7e1c8d4a69c5418c00d0e.png

She is a breast cancer survivor, hence the pink.

• Like 14
  • Laugh 1

CuriousParker

Please remember to keep the discussions about the host(s) and not your fellow members.  If you see something you believe breaks a site/forum rule, report it and then ignore it.  Thanks.